Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

thenavarro's official HOF & Legends signed rookies It was a heckuva run ;)

Comments

• wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Mike, congratulations on acquiring this tough autograph. I hope you have no problem with getting this into a PSA/DNA slab as I am confident in the authenticity of the card. I have 83 of the 108 from the wrestling all stars with thirty something wrestling autos in slabs myself. I hope to get the set entirely in PSA/DNA slabs with many more in a Feb special submission. There are some copies of this Andre autographed card out there. although they are quite tough to find. Congrats on finding an authenticate autograph of Andre The Giant. I hope to find one myself one day. I do know a few people that are holding authenticate copies, it is just getting them to part with them :-)

Very Nice!!!
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Back to the hardwood. This card is in decent condition, but has one of the most unattractive pictures of any HOF signed rookie card. I've had it for awhile, but figured I'd go ahead and add it to my thread since coach Sloan recently hung up his dress shoes as coach of the Utah Jazz. NBA HOF'er as a coach.

1970 Topps Jerry Sloan PSA/DNA

Buying US Presidential autographs
    Michael may or may not be a Texas Ranger much longer, but he has been one of the shining faces of the franchise the last decade. Had a solid season last year to help the Rangers make the World Series, although his fielding range (or lack thereof) hurt the squad at times. Young is a 6 time All Star, and was the 2005 AL batting champion, and 2006 All Star Game MVP.

2000 Topps Traded Certified Autograph Michael Young

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Way to add another hometown boy Mike!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • VERY Nice pickups Mike!!! Absolutely Amazing!!! I'm really trying to just stick with mainly baseball but its really tough after I see your pickups!

-Dan
  • VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    Hope he's a Ranger and things work out Mike. I feel like he's the face of the franchise at this point. Am I wrong?
    I only added this card because in addition to HOF'ers and legends, I like to collect signed rookies that are relatively tough to get because of whatever reason. This loser is no longer walking on this earth, and he chose to take his son and his wife with him. Fairly popular wrestler, that evidently had some issues.

1999 Topps Chris Benoit PSA/DNA

Mike ... I think your latest card belongs right next to an OJ Rookie and a Jim Dunaway (NFL) card.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

<< <i>Mike ... I think your latest card belongs right next to an OJ Rookie and a Jim Dunaway (NFL) card. >>

I had to look up Dunaway. Looks like he fits right into the Hall of Shame as well.

<< <i>

<< <i>Mike ... I think your latest card belongs right next to an OJ Rookie and a Jim Dunaway (NFL) card. >>

I had to look up Dunaway. Looks like he fits right into the Hall of Shame as well. >>

Mike ... The only reason I knew about Dunaway was when I began my TTMs with the '69 FB set!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great looking card of a great wrestler, but he definitely had some issues...

Mike you have a great auto collection...image

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    just adding, One of my favorites

THE CAPTAIN was always fun to watch back in the late 70's and early 80s.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

<< <i>Great looking card of a great wrestler, but he definitely had some issues...

Mike you have a great auto collection...image

Donato >>

Thanks Donato. It's a lot of fun for me to build.

Mike
    One of the newest selections to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. He'll be enshrined in the upcoming months.

1985 Topps Richard Dent

Cynthia is one of the most dominant female players of all time. She is a member of the Womens Basketball Hall of Fame, and the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.

1997 Pinnacle Inside Cyntha Cooper

Growing up, this man was a legend to me. My favorite player, on my favorite team for a number of years. Sunny has always beeen a good friend of the local community as well. He was a 3 time All Star, played a pivotal role on the1985 World Series Champions Kansas CIty Royals, and won a remarkable 6 gold gloves at catcher. He couldn't hit well enough to be a MLB Hall of Famer. As it is, he is a member of the Texas Rangers Hall of Fame, and the Texas Sports Hall of Fame. Sunny held most of the Texas Rangers team records up until the last several years when the modern crop has overtaken him in some of the areas.

1975 Topps Jim Sundberg

His signature sure got short, like a modern day player.....
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
    Always nice to get an auto of one of your childhood heroes.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• thekid8thekid8 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭

Great Pick Up!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gary Carter Fans check out www.thekid8.com

Me and Maven met wrestling legend Shawn Michaels today in Dallas, and we got him to autograph a couple of 1989 Classic rookie cards for us. I got a video of him and Maven but haven't gotten a chance to upload it yet. She talked to him about his bouts with the Undertaker. Michaels was a great signer and posed with anyone that asked. Seemed to enjoy being around fans. Michaels is a member of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame and will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame this year.

1989 Classic Shawn Michaels

The 36th addition to the hockey component of my collection. I've neglected this area a bit and would like to start beefing it up some. Stevens played 22 seasons in the NHL.

1983 OPC Scott Stevens PSA/DNA

One of the men that will be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2011. Deion tried his hand at baseball for a little while. He definitely made the right career choice though in football. These cards are kind of interesting in that PSA has designated them MK, but the seller tells me there isn't marks or writing on the back. Out of the norm for PSA to give autographed cards the MK designation. I'll probalby have them reslabbed. Fantastic examples of Deion's signature, with the $ sign S's. Outstanding!!

1989 Topps Traded Deion Sanders PSA/DNA

1989 Donruss Rookies Deion Sanders PSA/DNA

Picked this one up from a fellow board member. Joe was a career long Detroit Piston and was one of the keys on their successful late 80's, early 90's squads. He was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in 2006.

1986 Fleer Joe Dumars PSA/DNA

Sylvester Ritter, AKA The Junkyard Dog, was a lot of fun to watch in the 80's. Another wrestler that died too soon. He passed away from a car wreck in 1998. WWE Hall of Fame, Class of 2004. I got a lot of my tough signed Wrestling All Stars authenticated over the last month including Andre, Hulk, Brody, Von Erich, Gino Hernandez and a few others including The Junkyard Dog.

1982 Wrestling All Stars The Junkyard Dog JSA/BGS

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,395 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Mike

There sure are a lot of wrestlers I've never seen and in some cases heard of!

I remembered when I saw Deion - that he signed with the $ sign - I'm not a fan.

I remember when he dumped ice water on Tim McCarver who criticized him having to do with his NFL play along with BB - I remember at one point during the telecast of the playoff game, McCarver called him a football player who's playing baseball - that along with the criticism was just too much for him I guess. I think that did him in with the Atlanta club?

Thanx for sharing all those really great autos Mike!
    Mike
  • saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭
    JYD

Sweet
    Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com

<< <i>I remembered when I saw Deion - that he signed with the $ sign - I'm not a fan.

I remember when he dumped ice water on Tim McCarver who criticized him having to do with his NFL play along with BB - I remember at one point during the telecast of the playoff game, McCarver called him a football player who's playing baseball - that along with the criticism was just too much for him I guess. I think that did him in with the Atlanta club?

Thanx for sharing all those really great autos Mike! >>

Never heard that story. However, I would have loved to see McCarver get ice water dumped on him. I absolutely cannot stand to listen to his drivel when he does a game. I don't know why he strikes a nerve, he just does.

Mike
  • I'm a Cards fan and I can't stand to listen to McCarver.
    Another one of my Wrestling All Stars that passed too soon. Seems to be a recurring theme with these guys. John William Minton AKA Big John Studd was involved in some of the colossal matches of the 80's with Andre and Hulk and King Kong Bundy. Minton died in 1995 from liver cancer. He was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2004.

1983 Wrestling All Stars Big John Studd JSA/BGS

Added HOF Umpire Al Barlick. Barlick passed away in 1995.

Excerpt from the baseball HOF website:

"Relying upon a booming voice, decisive hand signals, and a superb knowledge of the rules, Al Barlick served as a National League umpire for more than three decades. With seven All-Star games and seven World Series assignments, Barlick developed a reputation for hustle, a stern demeanor and a strict, but fair, interpretation of the rules. Barlick was also active in the umpire's union and was a leader in their drive for better pay and respect."

1955 Bowman Al Barlick

• divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike,

Nice score on the Barlick...image

Looks like Mr. Barlick had a very nice sig, very legible.

Congrats...Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
    Another deceased wrestling Hall of Famer. Captain Lou Albano. I remember him primarily as a manager, but he got his start in the ring. Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame Class of 2009 and WWF Hall of Fame Class of 1996.

1983 Wrestling All Stars Lou Albano JSA/BGS

Lou has many different sigs, it is interesting to see how it changed over the years.....congrats on some of these wrestling all stars
    I used to love watching THE CAPTAIN back in the 70s.

Girls just wanna have fun!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Those are some great Wrestling Autographs. What is Andre the Giant Worth? Big John Studd and JYD have been dead for some time as well. Nice Autographs.
  • WOW Mike, I haven't seen this thread in a while, Phenomenal pickups! I love that Andre the Giant, my favorite wrestler growing up was the Ultimate Warrior, I'm looking forward to when you get that one in!
    Congrats,
    Dan
    This modern pitcher is having a pretty serviceable career so far.

1997 Bowman Roy Halladay

Mike .. when did you start collecting BASEBALL players? LMAO!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

<< <i>Mike .. when did you start collecting BASEBALL players? LMAO! >>

And to think, that was my initial plan, with a few exceptions, when I started this madness back in 2008. Never envisioned I would take to collecting all the other sports, non-sports, etc., but it's a helluva lot of fun image
    Added a handful of musical artists.

1991 Yo! MTV Raps LL Cool J

1991 Yo! MTV Raps LL Cool J

1991 Pro Set LL Cool J

1991 Pro Set Flavor Flav

"The Hammer" was a WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2004 inductee.

1982 Wrestling All Stars Series B Greg Valentine

• Goodsport40Goodsport40 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭
    Mike, great Hammer auto!

I can remember back in the old Mid-Atlantic wrestling days when he and Flair were the tag team champs! Man, I'm old!image

He was a great heel and played the part well.

Robert
  • scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I remembered when I saw Deion - that he signed with the $ sign - I'm not a fan.

Thanx for sharing all those really great autos Mike! >>

Never heard that story. However, I would have loved to see McCarver get ice water dumped on him. I absolutely cannot stand to listen to his drivel when he does a game. I don't know why he strikes a nerve, he just does.

Mike >>

Just catching up on the thread - great pickups!

Here is the link to the video of Deion dousing McCarver with ice water - classic footage, including a Charlie Steiner appearance!
  • raiderscottraiderscott Posts: 154 ✭✭
    The Hammer had a nice run in the WWF, but will always be remembered for his classic "Dog-collar match" against Roddy Piper in Starrcarde '83.
    Looking for low #'d 2006 Marques Hagans + 1991 Wild Card stripes of UVA players - Tony Covington, Shawn Moore, Herman Moore
    Special thanks to board member Airjoedan for PMi'ing me about this card on ebay. He knew I needed this one, and I hadn't seen it yet so he shot me a PM and I got to buy it. This athlete played both big league baseball and basketball. I guess you could say he made the right choice with basketball. I already have his 63 Topps baseball rookie card signed, but am happy to pick this one up. NBA HOF'er.

1969 Topps Dave DeBusschere PSA/DNA

• Saw that Debusschere 1969 for $99.99, You got a Steal at that price. khw is generally way too high with his prices.
  • VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    You got that for $99? OMG. I'm sure I'll have to pay 3X that when I finally get one for my 69 Topps set. Great pickup at an amazing price. The dead guys in 69 Topps are going to bankrupt me.
    This former Texan was a eight time ProBowl selection and a member of the NFL 1960's All Decade Team. He was the 3rd overall pick in the 1964 NFL Draft. Inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1984.

1965 Philadelphia Charley Taylor

One of only six men inducted into each of the WWE Hall of Fame, the WCW Hall of Fame, the Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame, the NWA Hall of Fame, and the Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame.

1982 Wrestling All Stars Terry Funk