Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

thenavarro's official HOF & Legends signed rookies It was a heckuva run ;)

Comments

• That is one sweet Funk! Gotta love the Funker, soft voice middle aged and crazy sob. The match he had with Flair at clash of champions is one of my favorite wrasslin memorys
    Why do superheros only hang out in New York or L.A.? Why not Bangor??
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Thanks andycapper. Does anyone know what the approximate salary range is for todays wrestlers in the WWE?
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a little old but gives you some idea of the pay they can earn. I read somewhere that John Cena makes like 15 million per year all in. Hope this helps.

Below is the World Wrestling Entertainment talent roster payroll that was taken from October of 2004 until February of 2006. The shown dollar amount beside each wrestler is the grand total that they earned from World Wrestling Entertainment in a one year period (downside guarantees, bonuses, and merchandise shares). Some wrestler's were given special privileges and bonuses in their contracts which can also be seen beside their total pay. All wrestler's contracts begin and end at different months of the year, there for each shown amount is what that particular wrestler earned in a 365 day time period between October 2004 and February 2006 (or however long they have been with the company). All dollar amounts were rounded up/down (Example: $244,766 would be $245,000)

- Ashley Massaro: $131,000
    - Batista: $813,000 (First class flight tickets paid for every week)
    - Big Show: $1,000,000 (Base salary)
    - Bob Holly: $217,000
    - Booker T: $375,000
    - Candice Michelle: $64,000
    - Carlito: $319,000
    - Chavo Guerrero: $206,000
    - Chris Benoit: $488,000 (First class flight tickets paid for every week)
    - Chris Masters: $253,000
    - Christian - $396,000
    - Danny Basham: $130,000
    - Doug Basham: $126,000
    - Eddie Guerrero: $372,000
    - Edge: $704,000
    - Eugene: $189,000
    - Funaki: $124,000
    - Gene Snitsky: $292,000
    - Gregory Helms: $277,000
    - John Cena: $1,743,000 (First class flight tickets, hotel accommodations, and ground transportation paid for every week)
    - John Layfield: $786,000 (Five star hotel accommodations paid for every week)
    - Jerry Lawler: $204,000 (First class flight tickets, hotel accommodations, and ground transportation paid for every week)
    - Jillian Hall: $52,000
    - Joey Mercury: $134,000
    - Johnny Nitro: $143,000
    - Jonathan Coachman: $175,000
    - Kane: $ 851,000 (First class flight tickets paid for every week)
    - Ken Kennedy: $133,000
    - Kid Kash: $62,000
    - Kurt Angle: $1,023,000 (First class flight tickets paid for every week)
    - Lance Cade: $118,000
    - Lilian Garcia: $90,000
    - Lita: $286,000 (Mostly downside paid due to lack of wrestling)
    - Maria: $41,000
    - Mark Henry: $300,000 (Base pay)
    - Matt Hardy: $322,000 (Missed over $70,000 of pay due to firing)
    - Matt Striker: $43,000
    - Melina: $155,000
    - Mickie James: $72,000
    - Nunzio: $186,000
    - Orlando Jordan: $145,000
    - Paul London: $177,000
    - Psicosis: $122,000
    - Randy Orton: $711,000 (First class flight tickets paid for every week)
    - Rene Dupree: $289,000
    - Rey Mysterio: $414,000
    - Ric Flair: $508,000 (First class flight tickets paid for every week)
    - Rob Conway: $186,000
    - Rob Van Damn: $220,000 (Only received downside and royalties due to injury)
    - Rosie: $105,000
    - Shawn Michaels: $1,045,000 (First class flight tickets, hotel accommodations, and ground transportation paid for every week)
    - Shelton Benjamin: $366,000
    - Simon Dean: $132,000
    - Stacy Keibler: $178,000 (Only downside paid during absence)
    - Steven Richards: $94,000
    - Torrie Wilson: $260,000
    - Trevor Murdoch: $48,000
    - Triple H: $2,013,000 (Allowed the personal use of company jet (10) times per year. First class flight tickets, hotel accommodations, and ground transportation paid for every week)
    - Trish Stratus: $618,000 (Receives 20% of all Trish Stratus merchandise sold)
    - Tyson Tomko: $127,000
    - Undertaker: $1,811,000 (First class flight tickets, hotel accommodations, and ground transportation paid for every week)
    - Val Venis: $210,000
    - Victoria: $275,000
    - Viscera: $130,000
    - William Regal: $225,000
    David,

Thanks, wow, I would have thought that they made a lot more than that. For some of the lower tier guys and the divas, for the amount of travel and abuse they put their bodies through, I wouldn't think it was worth it.
  • wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree that the abuse you take probably is not worth it....jeez.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • I believe the rate for TNA is $1000 for each TV show for most of the guys
    Why do superheros only hang out in New York or L.A.? Why not Bangor??
  • I knew the pay was not huge. There are a couple guys making a $1 million plus a year, but there is no WCW anymore to drive up salaries. Vince McMahon pretty much has a monopoly of big time wrestling, so there are no bidding wars for top talent anymore.
  • Wrestling, WWF, WCW etc. so stupid. Only those that fail in other sports get in to wrestling after high school. And the fans ? another similiar story. Dorks claim the abuse they take is worth millions. Duh.

Not a fan.
  • eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭
    how is terry funk in the wwe HOF? I was a fan in the mid 80- early 90s and barely remember him. I don't think he was even in any of the wrestlemanias. must have been before my time.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
    Another of the great 80's wrestlers. WWE Hall of Famer, Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame and Museum inductee, and Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Famer.

1982 Wrestling All Stars Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat

• twileytwiley Posts: 1,923

<< <i>how is terry funk in the wwe HOF? I was a fan in the mid 80- early 90s and barely remember him. I don't think he was even in any of the wrestlemanias. must have been before my time. >>

Terry Funk was in the second Wrestlemania.

Terry Funk
    Thank you to Eagles33. He was kind enough to give me this one for my collection.

One of the greatest fighters of the 1990's. Held numerous championship belts.

1991 Kayo Roy Jones, Jr.

Inductee of the Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame and Museum, Class of 2005 and the Wrestling Observer Newlsetter Hall of Fame in 1996. Dick Beyer wrestled under the names of The Destroyer and Doctor X.

1982 Wrestling All Stars Series A Dick Beyer AKA The Destroyer

• ugh.

Rollie and many others are at the the 'the cactus league' and the the 'the grapefruit' league games signing auto's for pretty much free. The 'thelameness' that actually wait for a turnaround time on 'the rollie' get an auto which was autographed by a ball boy. 'thenavarro' can get the auto's for you free though the.
    Call me stupid but what on earth does your post mean???
  • Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

<< <i>how is terry funk in the wwe HOF? I was a fan in the mid 80- early 90s and barely remember him. I don't think he was even in any of the wrestlemanias. must have been before my time. >>

Well son...you missed some of the finest---bloodiest--- matches you'll ever see--bar none!! This was Ultimate Fighting before there was such a thing. I saw many a face get raked across a chain link fence match. Back then, the bloodier, the better!!

One of my favorites below--Abdullah The Butcher--some great matches between him and Ric Flair's--blonde-er-bloddy- hair

Very nice post!!! The Butcher was crazy!! Terry Funk had his biggest moments in the NWA. With Vince buying their library some of the biggest stars ever in wrestling find themselves in the WWE Hall of Fame.

Terry Funk is a true legend and was a real wrestler. He and his brother Dory were long time NWA champions in the 70's and Tery went on to be the ultimate hard core legend. Terry Funk was awesome!!!!

<< <i>Call me stupid but what on earth does your post mean??? >>

David,

I might be wrong, but I believe it's his/her/it's way of expressing his/her/it's displeasure with my username. He/she/it felt compelled in the last couple of weeks or so to call me out in a thread, and express his/her/it's belief that I'm arrogant (which by the way, I'll freely admit that, it's not a big shocker from anyone that knows me). He/she/it also doesn't like that I occasionally type in the third person.

He/she/it would probably prefer that I have a cool username like GooshA (which is slang for a squirting female, and could be his/her/it's given name as well, not sure as I've never asked ), but I'm fine with my username.

I've actually enjoyed his/her/it's posts regarding me and my flaws, as I find it kind of amusing that there is a man/woman/thing that my posts get under their skin enough to compel them to express such stuff.

Mike
    The Butcher was awesome!
    Mike you have the best auto collection even possible. If you are proud of that so be it. If you like yourself even better. Obviously this guy is a total hater.

This is your thread. Up to this point most have respected that. If you want to view it you chose to see an auto thread that is mind blowing.

This dude needs to get lost or recoginize. If someone is on a card forum they need to respect collectors. You have chosen to try and have put together the most impressive auto collection ever. That should be aplauded and this dude needs to s+ck it.

Get lost loser.
  • i know,, I will shut up and admit the jealousy. Just the... 'thenavarro' thing really brings out the need to taunt. it is so stupid. I am 'The Navarro': King of Me and my Cat !
  • wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Well I call myself The Wrestling Card King, I see nothing wrong with The Navarro..... it is a handle people....jeez!
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable

<< <i>i know,, I will shut up and admit the jealousy. Just the... 'thenavarro' thing really brings out the need to taunt. it is so stupid. I am 'The Navarro': King of Me and my Cat ! >>

It happens to be out of respect for my great, great grandfather. Tederico Halides Edison Navarro

Just kidding, it is thenavarro but not for the reason you think. When ebay would no longer let me use my email address as a username, I had to pick something else, and mikenavarro and michaelnavarro were already taken, and I needed to use my name in some sort of fashion so my regular customers could find me. I didn't want to be mikenavarro1234 or something like that, so I simply chose thenavarro as no one else has it. Thus, when I registered for this board, I knew I would be buying/selling and I figured it would be smart to use my ebay name as my user id. That way people from the board could find my auctions if they went looking for them rather quickly.

Like I said, I am arrogant to a degree, so you hit the nail on the head with that one, but I do genuinely try to be a good contributor to the board, and do my best to treat everyone else like I like to be treated. I will occasionally venture out of that box, but we all do that sometimes (or at least most of us do).

Have a good night,

Mike
    This beast is one of the best mixed martial artist fighters on the planet (at least of the ones that do it for sport).

2009 UD Goodwin Champions Anderson Silva

The Bus used to run over opponents while at Notre Dame, and he had a pretty good NFL career as well. I hope that one day he eventually makes the Pro Football Hall of Fame, but I guess that is yet to be determined.

1993 Topps Stadium Club Members Choice Jerome Bettis

• Nice Anderson card. Not his rc as Im sure you know but Definatley one of his cooler cards. I do about 5 ufcs a year including the expos if theres any mma fighters your into specifically.

<< <i>Nice Anderson card. Not his rc as Im sure you know but Definatley one of his cooler cards. I do about 5 ufcs a year including the expos if theres any mma fighters your into specifically. >>

Whoops, if I would have known it wasn't his rookie, I wouldn't have bought it. What is his rookie card? When I ran the PSA pop report on him the first year I saw was 2009 so I bought the Goodwin above. Did he have some issues before 2009?

Thanks,

Mike
  • Topps Round 1 came out before that. Also if you search pride silva there is a japanese card from 2006 that could be considered his rc.
    Rock City,

That's a neat Silva card. What does the back look like?

Mike
  • Rumor has it Abdullah may be inducted in the WWE HOF this year in Atlanta. Triple H is a hgue, lifelong fan of his and as Vince's son-in-law...
    This is a fun addition. I live about 50 miles away from Southfork Ranch, and have been there a couple times to play pickup football and to take out of state friends that wanted to go. When I went to Notre Dame in 1989, I discovered that for a lot of people, all they knew about Dallas and Texas, was from the stereotypes that this show created. This show spawned one of the most iconic phrases in tv history. "Who shot J.R.?" Wikipedia can explain it a little better than I can so here's a cut and paste from Wiki:

"Who shot J.R.? was an advertising catch phrase that American network CBS created in 1980 to promote the television show Dallas.[1]

In the final scene of the 1979–1980 season, the character J. R. Ewing, played by Larry Hagman, was shot by a hidden assailant. The episode, titled "A House Divided", was broadcast on March 21, 1980. Viewers had to wait all summer and most of the autumn because of a Hollywood actors' strike (and Hagman's own holdout), to learn whether J.R. would survive, and which of his many enemies was responsible.[2]

T-shirts printed with such references as "Who Shot J.R.?" and "I Shot J.R." became common over the summer. Betting parlors worldwide took bets as to which one of the 10 or so principal characters had actually pulled the trigger.[3] A session of the Turkish parliament was suspended to allow legislators a chance to get home in time to view the Dallas episode.[4]

During the presidential campaign of 1980 (which led to the election of Ronald Reagan), the Republicans edited an official badge saying "A Democrat shot J.R."[citation needed]. Jimmy Carter claimed that he would have had no problem financing his campaign if he had known who shot J.R.

Viewers had to wait an additional two months to find out the answer to the famous question, as a strike by the Screen Actors' Guild in July, 1980 caused the production of most new network shows to be delayed by eight weeks. Ultimately, the person who pulled the trigger was revealed to be Kristin Shepard (played by Mary Crosby) in the "Who Done It?" episode which aired on November 21, 1980. Kristin was J.R.'s scheming sister-in-law and mistress, who shot him in a fit of anger. J.R. didn't press charges, as Kristin claimed she was pregnant with his child as a result of their affair.[5]

It was, at the time, the highest rated television episode in US history. It had a Nielsen rating of 53.3 and a 76% share, and it was estimated that 83,000,000 people watched the episode.[6] The previous record for a TV episode, not counting the final installment of the miniseries Roots, had been the 1967 finale for The Fugitive. "Who Shot J.R.?" now sits third on the list, beaten in 1983 by the final episode of M*A*S*H and Super Bowl XLIV but still remains the highest rated non-finale episode of a TV series by a wide margin.[citation needed]

The great success of this 1980 stunt helped popularize in the US the practice of ending a television season with a cliffhanger.[7] The episode also inspired a novelty record by radio personality Gary Burbank, which hit the Billboard Top 100 in 1980."

1981 Donruss Dallas Larry Hagman

The Nature Boy and JR

Awesome promo of the Nature Boy making reference to JR
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Mike, Your stuff is insane! Two questions:

1. Of the auto's you currently dont have, what is your whale right now?
    2. When are you going to put a site together to display all the Auto'd cards you have? Would love to be able to a site and check them all out at one place.

• zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Larry Hagman has a great sig!!

Nice stuff Mike

<< <i>Mike, Your stuff is insane! Two questions:

1. Of the auto's you currently dont have, what is your whale right now?
    2. When are you going to put a site together to display all the Auto'd cards you have? Would love to be able to a site and check them all out at one place. >>

Thanks Matt,

1. I have a few whales right now. Here they are with some notes.

1963 Topps Willie Stargell - For some reason, this one has elluded me. Willlie did the show circuit when he was alive, as a matter of fact I sat by him at one for awhile, but I didn't collect signed rookies then. I was told there was a couple at the National a couple years ago, but I don't know what dealers had them. Should be relatively affordable to pickup once it does surface. I've seen a few that people have, but none that are for sale.
    1952 Topps Hoyt Wilhelm- Another one that you would think would be fairly common as he was a great signer for years. I haven't seen one for sale, although I have seen a few signed examples. I know a guy that has one and he tells me he'll probably sell it to me one day so I should get this one with patience.
    1949 Bowman Richie Ashburn- I've seen two on ebay, but got outbid on one, and the other I didn't see in time or I would have executed the Buy it Now. Have also seen a couple available at major auctions, but they've been in larger signed lots and you had to buy the whole lot to get them. Fairly popular player but again, he had a long lifetime of signing, I'll eventually get one.
    1984 Fleer Update Kirby Puckett-I've seen one on ebay but not in time to buy it. Did the show circuit, but died at a relatively early age. Have seen tons of his cheap rookies signed, IE, 1985 Topps, Donruss and Fleers, but the 84 Fleer Update doesn't seem to surface often.
    1992 Bowman Mike Piazza-I've got the Fleer Ultra Update which is his "best" rookie signed, but I'd like to add the Bowman as well. Doesn't do the show circuit (did one MAB show a while back before I got into signed rookies and was priced at a couple hundred per sig I heard), nor have I seen him via the private signing route. Does do golf tourneys though, and as a matter of fact, I have a friend that is going to try and get me one next weekend at Michael Jordan's golf event in Nevada. Maybe by this time next week, he'll be off of my "wanted" list.
    1948 Leaf Hal Newhouser-Another common signer that should be easy to find, but is not too easy to find on his rookie. I've seen them but they've been parts of larger lots.
    1949 Bowman Roy Campanella or 1949 Bowman Jackie Robinson- I've seen these come up for sale more often then the "common" signers above. Usually in major auctions. I'll eventually get these, I'll just have save up way in advance of the auctions. Couldn't afford them right now if I did run across them, so not actively looking for them.
    1955 Topps Roberto Clemente- Have seen 3 of these sold. Not as hard as you might think, but very expensive. This will be a luxury type item for me, and I've got some other stuff I'd like to do first before I pony up the Benjamins for one of these.
    1952 Topps Eddie Mathews-Probably the most common signer of any of the ones I need. However, the card itself has always been relatively expensive. There are a couple out there right now available for sale, but IMO, not even close to being worth the price, at least to me. This is one that I'll probably NEVER get, as I don't see myself stepping up and paying for this one at what I believe to be absurd prices for such a common graph. No offense to Eddie Mathews, but no way is he worth Clemente type money. Even if I had an extra few thousand in my pocket burning a hole, I wouldn't spend it on a Mathews.

2. I have a URL reserved, but I'm not smart enough, nor do I have the time, to build what I would consider an adequate site. My url is hofsignedrookiecards.com I wouldn't be proud of the website that my capabilities could build, so I haven't messed with it yet.

Mike
    Picked this one up a short time ago as an addition to the historical component of my signed rookie collection. This long term senator was an American political icon. He had his triumphs and his failures, both in and out of the senate. I collect Republicans, Democrats, Independents, and everything else so please leave the political comments out.

1972 Topps US Presidents Edward Kennedy JSA/BGS

WWE Hall of Famer. Had one of the best gimmicks in the 80's considering the average American's feelings toward Iran at that time. Also had some of the coolest boots in wrestling.

1982 Wrestling All Stars The Iron Sheik

Another of the wrestlers that died at a relatively early age. "Mr. Perfect" was a WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2007 inductee (posthumously)

1983 Wrestling All Stars Curt Hennig PSA/DNA

• mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    He was one of my favourite wrestlers...loved the PerfectPlex. Did he die because of Steroids?
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
    Blow and roids like most.

Awesome stuff Mike!!! The Curt Henning WCW auto card is worth big money so I have to assume the same here. Nice work!!
    This professional poker player, could play a little baseball in his day. This was obtained from a private signing over on SCN.

1985 Topps Orel Hershiser

It's not often that I get to knock a card off of my signature line want list, but this is one of those times. This was signed a week ago Friday at Michael Jordan's golf tournament in Las Vegas, NV. My friend Jes, got it signed for me in person. The autograph is UGLY, BUT, it IS Piazza and that's all that matters.

1992 Bowman Mike Piazza

• MphilkingMphilking Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Mike!!
  • Mike

Did you get the RFK already slabbed ?

That Orel Heshiser is one of the best modern signatures I've ever seen. It looks great. I remember he was one of the "religious" Dodgers - but now is a professional gambler in Las Vegas ? Oh well.

Nice stuff.
    3 years ago I started an endeavor that has led to a LOT of fun for me. I just wanted to take a moment and say "Thanks!". Many of y'all have sold me cards, pointed me in the right direction, gotten autographs for me, shared a kind word, given me an idea, shared an address, or helped me in some way in my pursuit of having a nice signed rookie card collection.

To put it very simply, thanks for helping to make this fun!

Mike
  • leathtechleathtech Posts: 3,191
    thanks for continuing to post your additions... I look forward to logging on and seeing what new things you've added.
  • Jmhockey23Jmhockey23 Posts: 652 ✭✭
    You have an amazing collection, Mike! Do you keep track of stats like how many HOF rookies you have for each sport? I'd love to see how close you are in each sport to aquiring them all.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    GREAT thread Mike .. keep 'em coming!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
    Picked this one up from Reese. This Pro Football HOF'er was named #57 on the 1999 Sporting News list of 100 greatest football players. Brown passed away in 2004.

1956 Topps Roosevelt Brown