Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

thenavarro's official HOF & Legends signed rookies It was a heckuva run ;)

Comments

• pauldrolkeespauldrolkees Posts: 193 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Mike, Those are great looking cards. ( Chris Mullin has a great auto very clean) >>

They are purrty!! Hey how did you find out they were at the Vegas convention? I had no idea they were signing there, it's not on SigningsHotline image
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Scashaggy and BPorter,

Pauldrolkees,

I found out about the signing over on sportscollectors.net There were a lot of stars at that event. Would have been fun to get a Lady Gaga signed rookie image

Here's the list of who was there:

List of celebrities at the show

Take care,

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭✭
    man, I was in Vegas during this time. son of a gun.
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS

• << <i>Thanks Scashaggy and BPorter,

Pauldrolkees,

I found out about the signing over on sportscollectors.net There were a lot of stars at that event. Would have been fun to get a Lady Gaga signed rookie image

Here's the list of who was there:

List of celebrities at the show

Take care,

Mike >>

Wow you are resourceful! Did you fly to vegas yourself for this?
    Ahmanfan,

Vegas is a blast! I'm sure you wouldn't have wanted to spend your time walking around a trade show. I went there in late 2008 and had a tremendous time. Can't wait to go back.

Majorflux,

Nope, I didn't go personally, I only fly when I absolutely have to, and probably the only three athletes I'd fly to see would be Jordan and Woods and Ali. One of the guys over on SCN got them done for me. I bought the unsigned cards from this board and had them overnighted to the guy in Vegas. Being resourceful is most of the fun. I enjoy the chase of collecting. Makes it interesting. image

Mike

Added perhaps the most celebrated Women's soccer player of all time. One of my friends got this signed for me this past Sunday in California. She is generally regarded as a pretty tough autograph since she doesn't do TTM.

1994 Upper Deck World Cup Soccer Mia Hamm

• Several years ago I met Mia in Jackson, TN, while Nomar was on a rehab assignment. Although Nomar was all about telling people she was there, Mia had no desire to interact with people. I have heard that she has some social anxiety disorder but can't confirm it. What I do know is that the night I saw her she was wearing a hat and dark glasses in an attempt to hide her identity. She was outside the clubhouse and I tried to be friendly with something along the lines of, "I hope you have enjoyed your stay" and "Have a safe trip". When I tried to shake her hand while introducing myself she gave me one of those looks like in the scene in Remember the Titans.
  • EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    Nice, Mike.

That's on my "big list."

One of these days, I suppose.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭
    I can cast a little story on a run-in with Mia. My company supplied soccer equipment for a promo ad she was shooting as part of her deal with Baja Fresh a few years ago, so I was invited out to meet her one afternoon. I decided to bring my little sister, who as a soccer player herself, absolutely idolized her. Mia's agent came up to us during the shoot and told us to hang around after everything was done to meet her. We waited patiently for 5 hours and as soon as they wrapped things up, with all her gear and cleats still on, she took off for the parking lot without so much of a thank you or waive. Me being the a-hole that I am, I grabbed my sister and took off after her. As fate would have it, her agent was parked right next to me and I was able to get her to sign a ball for my sister and pose for a picture. To see the joy on my sister's face and the look of disgust on Mia's face really disappointed me that afternoon.
  • Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Hamm RC has potential. I might try and buy some bulk lots.
    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
    Bought this one from board member gumbyfan. Roberto came close to making the HOF this year in his first year of eligibility. If it hadn't been for that immature spitting incident, I think he would have easily gotten in this year.

1988 Score Traded Roberto Alomar PSA/DNA 10

• burke23burke23 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Bought this one from board member gumbyfan. Roberto came close to making the HOF this year in his first year of eligibility. If it hadn't been for that immature spitting incident, I think he would have easily gotten in this year.

----------------------------

Nice - I've been looking for an auto of his - doesn't appear he does TTM. And it is sad the spitting incident probably kept him out this year, but I agree that probably took away the votes he needed to get in.
    Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.
  • CooptownCooptown Posts: 397 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Bought this one from board member gumbyfan. Roberto came close to making the HOF this year in his first year of eligibility. If it hadn't been for that immature spitting incident, I think he would have easily gotten in this year.

----------------------------

Nice - I've been looking for an auto of his - doesn't appear he does TTM. And it is sad the spitting incident probably kept him out this year, but I agree that probably took away the votes he needed to get in. >>

Alomar does TTM cards. I got a couple of his rookies signed this past summer. I heard he doesnt do larger items, including baseballs. If by some miracle he does a baseball, he personalizes it. I sent him a magazine of him and Ripken on the cover, and never saw it again. I sent him two rookies a couple of weeks later, and got them back within a month.

<< <i>
    Nice - I've been looking for an auto of his - doesn't appear he does TTM. And it is sad the spitting incident probably kept him out this year, but I agree that probably took away the votes he needed to get in. >>

Cards sent to the following address seem to have a decent chance of coming back signed:

Roberto Alomar
    5420 Westshore Drive
    New Port Richey, FL 34652

The signature that you'll get at that address, look nothing like the vintage Roberto Alomar autographs, however, peoples sigs do change over time, and it is reported that the TTM Alomar's match closely to todays IP paid encounters with him.
  • burke23burke23 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Cards sent to the following address seem to have a decent chance of coming back signed:

Roberto Alomar
    5420 Westshore Drive
    New Port Richey, FL 34652

The signature that you'll get at that address, look nothing like the vintage Roberto Alomar autographs, however, peoples sigs do change over time, and it is reported that the TTM Alomar's match closely to todays IP paid encounters with him. >>

Sweet - didn't know that. He didn't look like a candidate on sportscollectors.net I thought. Thanks for the info!
    Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.
    Alright, y'all know me, once I got Mia Hamm, I couldn't just stop there. This lady was co-captain of the US World Cup champion soccer teams. Along with Hamm, she was inducted into the National Soccer Hall of Fame in 2007. Hamm and Foudy made up the only all-female class in the Hall's history. Winner of two World Cups and two Olympic gold medals.

1994 Upper Deck World Cup Soccer Julie Foudy

Added a fun one. Larry was inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame in 1989 and the Broadcasters' Hall of Fame in 1996. One of the top talk show hosts of all time. As a matter of fact, just got through watching his program on CNN. I don't really know why he was included in the Pro Set hockey issue in 1991, but he was, so I got him. I believe it's his rookie card.

1991 Pro Set Platinum Larry King

• ROCKDJRWROCKDJRW Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    Larry King does not have a tobacco card?
    Collect Ozzie Guillen Cards
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards

• << <i>Larry King does not have a tobacco card? >>

I was thinking the same thing!
  • wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    i like the non-sport adds.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable

<< <i>Larry King does not have a tobacco card? >>

Good one image
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Ya think he was a pitcher for the St Louis Browns?

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    Larry eats at the same Beverly Hills kosher breakfast place every morning. He looks ooooooold.
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭
    i thought he was a 33 year old medicore middle relief pither for the '43 cubs
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    Mike,

Nice stuff, as always.

How did you get the Foudy?
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
    I just had a first for my 12 plus year ebay career. I tried to bid on a pair of Patrick Roy signed rookie cards for my collection and got this message:

"Transaction Blocked
    Unfortunately, this seller has decided that you are not permitted to bid on their listings. You may contact the seller via the Ask Seller Questions feature if you want additional details."

I guess that means I'm on the sellers nhl20 blocked bidder list. I guess he/she didn't appreciate the fact that I had asked them the following question via ebay ask a question portal.

"Dear nhl20,

Hi,
    What condition would you say the cards are in? Any creases or bends? Stains, other writing, etc? Corners?

Thanks,

Mike"

I find it odd that someone doesn't want my money (usually everyone wants some). 12 years, never a neg or neutral, someone that doesn't mind paying decent $$ for what I want, and he/she blocks me. The world surprises me every day image

Here's the listing if someone else wants to buy them:

my money is no good with this guy/gal
  • storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

nhl20 toolhaus

rotflmao
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.

<< <i>nhl20 toolhaus

rotflmao >>

Wow, thanks Storm! I think he did me a favor by blocking me after seeing that toolhaus feedback.
  • cubfan89cubfan89 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭
    It's agood thing he blocked you then! lol. It actually worked out for you.
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Any Ali experts want to hazard a guess as to whether these 2 autos (from that same douchebag seller) look legit?

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.

It appears that nhl20 may be claiming to be a current/former Chicago cop.

• << <i>It appears that nhl20 may be claiming to be a current/former Chicago cop. >>

Storm, where did you see that info? If he is, I have a good idea of who he is and he is definitely an "interesting" guy.
    Thanks
    Sean

Always Looking for vintage hockey autographs

The Broderick Collection
  • AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    He claims all negs come from child bidders who were off their meds. Are the Roy, Lemiux and other rookies Reprint cards? Why ddi the 83-84 golaie autos go so high (I forgot the name)?

nhl20 says:

No $$$ sent - No return e-mails on + on + on - Blows me

michael_anderson2094rt says:

transaction completed. He's got a real bad attitude for a Chicago Police officer

• << <i>nhl20 says:

No $$$ sent - No return e-mails on + on + on - Blows me

michael_anderson2094rt says:

transaction completed. He's got a real bad attitude for a Chicago Police officer

.................................................. >>

Thanks.
    Thanks
    Sean

Always Looking for vintage hockey autographs

The Broderick Collection
    I sincerely appreciate all the people that have offered to bid for me via PM, that really means a lot to me. However, I'm a bit old school, in that I no longer want to give this seller a penny since he snubbed me.

I do appreciate all of you though that offered to help.

Mike
    I saw this card and was unsure as to the sig, so I posted a couple of threads, one here and one on SCN to get some opinions. One guy was able to show several Iverson signed hotel receipts from his rookie era, that were rather indicative that this sig was real, so I went ahead and picked it up and am confident in the signature. A combination of talent, hard work, grit, determination, and a dash of trouble all add up to a very entertaining career and life.

1996-97 Topps Allen Iverson

This card is right up my alley. This man was the 4th longest serving Supreme Court Chief Justice.

1992 Starline Americana William Rehnquist

• who signs on there head????
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2

<< <i>who signs on there head???? >>

David Letterman used to sign over his face on photos on the majority of his graphs. Don't know if he still does or not.

Mike
  • i think that is funny is all
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2

<< <i>i think that is funny is all >>

Me too image

I think guys like Rehnquist did it if they need a relatively light place for sig contrast. I know on a lot of the Notre Dame cards I've been getting back, a lot of the players used pen on a dark background and they are hard to see.

Mike
  • schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    Warren Giles usually did.

<< <i>who signs on there head???? >>

Who is Rober Maris?
    Got a couple nice cards signed by this former football beast and future HOF'er. Both cards were signed January 10th, 2010 at the Upper Deck Authenticated Retail store signing, and come with UDA authentication. I was afraid the autograph wouldn't take well on the refractor, but it turned out awesome. Sapp doesn't do TTM so this was a great opportunity to pick him up.

1995 Bowman's Best Refractor Warren Sapp
    1995 SP Warren Sapp

• vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    LOVE the '95 Bow Best Refractor
    This is an interesting card. 3rd wife of Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Montana. Bearer of 4 children, including Nick Montana, a highly rated high school football recruit. The web says she is/was a model and actress, but a quick search turned up no credits for her. Not really sure why they made a card of her, but I like it.

1991 Pro Line Portraits Jennifer Montana

• Jennifer modeled for the NFL Pro Line clothing in the early 90s.

Edit to add: Two of my 1992 49ers GameDay home programs have Jennifer as an AD from the clothing line. Could scan one if you like.

Edit note 2: Pro Line made two different wives of the players sets. They were kinda neat. One had them in swimwear if I remember right.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    Those frills are just god awful...plus the cover up the best part of the card image

Rgs,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    They had a bunch of wives on cards in 1991 and 1992. I know they included some autographed cards of wives in boxes - I got one in 1992.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
    Bought this card in January 2009 as an unsigned PSA 3. Cracked it out and have been waiting patiently to get it signed. Finally a year later, one of my autograph hound friends in Los Angeles got it signed for me yesterday. Awesome addition.

1961 Fleer Jerry West