Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

thenavarro's official HOF & Legends signed rookies It was a heckuva run ;)

Comments

• Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭
    1,001--- Congrats on the 1,000 th post.

That's a lot of posting ----- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    Mike, that's awesome!

Can you also connect me to your contact? I can pay you finder fee as well. Would be so kind to do that ? image

Austin
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    Sweet!

my favorite thread here.
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Mike, that's awesome!

Can you also connect me to your contact? I can pay you finder fee as well. Would be so kind to do that ? image

Austin >>

Austin,

You DON'T have to provide me a finders fee to help you. I enjoy helping people out. I'll send you a PM in a couple minutes with that info. (just realized you don't have your PM's enabled so I can't contact you) Send me an email to navarro@flash.net with an email address I can reach you at and I'll do it that way.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike, The Bird, Magic and Dr J is probably the best looking auto card I have ever seen. Freakin Awesome!!!! WOW!!!!image

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    1980/81 Topps Larry Bird & Julius Erving (Dr. J) & Magic Johnson

image >>

Only one word for this one. FANTASTIC!
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options
    Where was the Bird obtained?? If it's TTM, I would have my doubts to it being authentic.
  • Options

<< <i>Where was the Bird obtained?? If it's TTM, I would have my doubts to it being authentic. >>

It's not TTM. Was through a private signing through New England Picture Company. It came with the Larry Bird authentication hologram that only comes with items directly through Larry as well. It's real.

Mike
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>
    1980/81 Topps Larry Bird & Julius Erving (Dr. J) & Magic Johnson

image >>

>>

OMG! Congrats Mike! That is a real beauty! image
  • Options
    awesome is all i can say...trade my t205 cobb for it..lol
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's just an insane card.

I just want to know when you're going to post a T206 Wagner.

I would like to know, Mike, what your favorite is?

Shane

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Where was the Bird obtained?? If it's TTM, I would have my doubts to it being authentic. >>

It's not TTM. Was through a private signing through New England Picture Company. It came with the Larry Bird authentication hologram that only comes with items directly through Larry as well. It's real.

Mike >>

Well in that case, sweet card! image
  • Options
    Of course I couldn't let the opportunity to get Dr. J go by with only getting my Magic/Bird/Erving card signed. This one is fairly tough as well. Card was a PSA 9 O/C before I had it signed.

1972 Topps Julius Erving

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Wow, Mike, that is a beautiful signature on a tough card. I don't even notice the centering...the card looks pack fresh, and the signature flows, man!
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭✭
    Ok that's another great card.

Who here knows where to find a schedule for Magic Johnson appearances?
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Julius...

...The Doctor...

...EAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!!!!!!

Just impossible to overstate how cool that card really is. You continue to set the bar higher and higher, Mike.
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭✭
    Mike you are SUCH a beast!
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    Mike, that's so pretty to the eyes!

Your basketball rookie auto collection has grown pretty substantial. You should consider getting the Wilt Chamberlain 1961 Fleer auto rc or get a custom cut version of it like you did for Munson. The Chamberlain auto rc has the combination of rarity (he passed away in 1999), and prestige (being the Babe Ruth of basketball). Can't wait to see what you gonna put up next image
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    very nice additions!!!

congrats!!
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    Incredible collection, thenavarro! I wonder how many people have that Bird/Magic card autographed by all three?
  • Options
    Added another 1981 Donruss Golf Hall of Famer.

1981 Donruss Johnny Miller

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>did he actually return it TTM? >>

Nope. I wemt ahead and bought one for ten dollars
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>did he actually return it TTM? >>

Nope. I wemt ahead and bought one for ten dollars >>

HAAA! $10! Awesome. On the bay? LMK if you happen to see another one. It's funny, I met the guy 10 times at tournaments. I got a golf ball back from him TTM 2 weeks before he died too. I just didn't collect cards then.
  • Options
    This lady was a decent tennis player that captivated the male eye all over the world. She was named as one of People's 50 most beautiful people in 1998, 2000, 2002, and 2003. She was also the first ESPN Hottest Female Athlete in 2002.

2003 NetPro Anna Kournikova

• Options
    This guy had one of the most dominant seasons in the modern history of MLB. He was very fun to watch. As a very confident teenager, I had some of those photo trading cards of myself (wish I could find one for my signed rookie collection), and I wanted an autograph of Dwight, so I wrote him and sent him one of my autographed cards and told him I'd like one of his, and to stay off drugs. I guess he didn't heed my advice, huh? He didn't send me an autograph either, must have touched a nerve or something image Just picked this one up on ebay though.

1985 Donruss Dwight Gooden

• Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He could have been one of the best ever. Nice pickup.

Shane

• Options
    One of my friends got my Warren Moon Topps NFL rookie signed for me at the November 8 Seattle game against Detroit (Warren is a Seattle broadcaster now). I realize that he had some earlier CFL cards, but this is his NFL rookie. One of only two men to be a member of both the NFL Hall of Fame and Canadian Football Hall of Fame.

1985 Topps Warren Moon

• Options
    hookemhookem Posts: 971 ✭✭
    Very nice Mike! I have always been a fan of Moon.

Hook'em
  • Options
    Added one that's relatively tough. He was named as one of the NBA's 50 greatest players ever. Although he has some earlier "Star" cards, this one is generally accepted as his mainstream rookie.

1986 Fleer Isiah Thomas

• Options
    Mike,

Nice Isiah.....now, what's the status on our group sub. I know you got word around Thanksgiving but I'm getting antsy!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Mike,

Nice Isiah.....now, what's the status on our group sub. I know you got word around Thanksgiving but I'm getting antsy!!! >>

Just pulled up the sub status and looks like they are still working on it:

Total Items: 377
    Date Received: 11/4/2009
    Date Shipped: N/A
    Order Status: Your order is still being processed.

I'll post the "poppage" as soon as I get it.

Mike
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Fabulous Zeke rookie image
  • Options
    richtreerichtree Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭
    very nice, you may have toooo many now., hahahah
    Buying:
    Topps White Out (silver) letters Alex Gordon
    80 Topps Greg Pryor “No Name"
    90 ProSet Dexter Manley error
    90 Topps Jeff King Yellow back
    1958 Topps Pancho Herrera (no“a”)
    81 Topps Art Howe (black smear above hat)
    91 D A. Hawkins BC-12 “Pitcher”
  • Options
    Well, I pulled a bonehead move on this one. The seller advertised it on ebay as a rookie card, and while I studied the signature to make sure it was authentic, I didn't do any research to see if it was his rookie. Needless to say, it ain't. I had placed a bid a couple days ago before I researched that aspect, and unfortunately my bid held up. What a night, I lost a T201 Zach Wheat by $3.00, and I won this one that I didn't want. Oh well, I learned my lesson and hopefully won't repeat the same mistake. Nonetheless, an autographed card of a Hall of Famer from 1933 isn't too bad I guess. If anyone wants this one, they can buy it from me for the same price I paid of $102.50 plus shipping.

1933 Goudey Joe Sewell

• Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, I pulled a bonehead move on this one. The seller advertised it on ebay as a rookie card, and while I studied the signature to make sure it was authentic, I didn't do any research to see if it was his rookie. Needless to say, it ain't. [/IMG] >>

Yeah, it looks like he was off by about 11 years. Maybe you can return it?
  • Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    Sorry about the Sewell. Goudey autographs are hot though, so you shouldn't have a problem flipping it.
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    I don't know of any mainstream Ford cards earlier then this except for the large formats Sportscasters and the large format Mueller Enterprises Golf postcard set. Ford was the most willing signer of all US Presidents, bar none. For years, you could send items to his Rancho Mirage address and they'd come back quickly authentically signed.

1989 Michigan Wolverines Collegiate Collections President Gerald R. Ford:

• Options
    Also added this Ford as well.

• Options
    nice pick ups

i wonder why he signed one with the R middle initial and one without? just a thought i had
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

• Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    Mike,

I was at the Chicago Sun Times show this weekend and a dealer had a binder full of 1981 Donruss Golf cards. Which ones do you still need?

Rgs,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    Greg

The two that I need the most are Jim Siimons and the Jack Nicklaus Stat Leader. The other 8 I can get relatively easy. If you see the Simons or Niicklaus Stat Leader please snag them for me if under 100 each Thanks

If you see a 63 Stargell signed please get the dealers info for me. Thanks
  • Options
    Added the #1 ranked female golfer in the world. She will be a 2012 World Golf Hall of Fame inductee.

2003 Upper Deck SP Lorena Ochoa

• Options
    This guy was considered a near impossible autograph until he did one private signing a few years ago with Bill Corcoran and Jim Stinson. The fee they charged was $250.00 a card. There are a few different theories as to why he won't sign, and if you send him an email through his site asking about autographs, this reply will typically (reportedly) be part of the one he sends you back:

"I will always believe that baseball players are not
    heroes for youngsters to idolize, that they should reserve that honor for
    the parents, teachers and so on. It is the adults that make up the evil
    part of the memorabilia hobby (business). If you simply collected the cards
    and so on without the added value of the autograph, then it would be a
    hobby. But, you know that.

Sincerely,

Dr. Mike Marshall"

Even on his resume, he states that he played professional baseball to be able to pay for his education. Supposedly, he is a pretty good guy to converse with, and learn things from regarding pitching mechanics, but he is no friend to autograph collectors.

His play was not HOF caliber, but I have several that fit that bill in my collection already. I wanted one that not everyone has, so I picked this one up tonight.

1968 Topps Dr. Mike Marshall

• Options
    Very nice addition to your collection.

I agree with him on heroes not being ball players....
  • Options
    marshall is a toughy, nice pick up on that one.
    Fred

• Options
    CWUCAT62CWUCAT62 Posts: 91 ✭✭✭
    Mike awesome collection. One of my favorite threads.
    Andre Dawson Super Collector, who also collects the following-
    *Baseball* HOF autographs, Harold Baines, Pete Rose, Joe Morgan & Seattle Mariners
    *Football* Seattle Seahawks, Kenny Easley, Steve Largent, Jon Kitna, & Brian Bosworth
    YouTube Channel link; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAyO141lGqcV2fEjt723jUQ
  • Options
    image I've been on the prowl for this one for a long time. This one is truly tough to find. I came to terms with a guy yesterday for this . Other then his pack released issues, Tiger Woods signed autographed cards are TOUGH. While he will sign most items through Upper Deck Authenticated's Exlusive Signature Program (where you can have your own items signed by Tiger, fees begin at about $1,000 and escalate quickly), he will NOT sign trading cards. At tourneys, he will usually sign a few things such as flags, hats, etc., but he will NOT sign cards either. He's known for being tough to find on golf balls, but I've seen several of those authentically signed and even used to own a PSA/DNA one (I regret selling it!) I see a lot of signed cards, by all levels of superstars, and I've never seen another one of these authentically signed that I can remember.

1997 Tiger Woods Grand Slam Ventures Masters card already JSA authenticated

• Options
    Nice pickup Mike. Looks like a 1998-99 era signature. You're right. He won't sign these anymore in person.
  • Options
    Mike,

i was wacting that one to on ebay. I couldnt spend that amount at this time for it. But I wish I could.

Joe
    Buying or trading for these signed Jeter rc's:
    1992 GCL, 93 Stadium Club, 93 Greensboro,, 93 South Atlantic League, 93 Topps Marlins & Rockies,, 94 Classic Tampa, 94 Procards Tampa, 94 Florida State League & 95 Columbus Clippers.