Home Sports Talk
Options

The Official 2008 RED SOX Championship run thread!!

Comments

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    yeah 2 k's looking
  • Options
    I really hate that they keep calling it "Progressive Field."

I used to be stationed on a ship that moored up right next to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and would walk to the JAKE all the time to see games. $7 seats and not a bad view in the park! That's back when Manny, Thome, and Vizquel were with them. Those were the days.
  • Options
    yooooooooooouuuuuuuuk
  • Options
    YOOOOOOOUUUUUUKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    JINX! Buy me a Coke!
  • Options
    God I hate these image boards sometimes... anyways..

Come on Sox! Need one more for the tie!
  • Options
    I thought Casye's deep fly was GONE. DID u hear it!!
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LETS SCORE A COUPLE MORE FREAKIN' RUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    WOW playin like a team! I said Oritz should bunt again last night
  • Options
    MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNYYYYYYYY
  • Options
    Did I mention I have man-love for Manny Ramirez?

• Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    MANNY AGAIN!!!!! And Papi kept it going. Maybe it was that pathetic bloop that will help him snap out of it.
  • Options

<< <i>Did I mention I have man-love for Manny Ramirez? >>

You dont need to!!!!!!!!!!! WE ALL DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
  • Options
    and the Pap
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,467 ✭✭✭✭✭
    for me, the hero of this game was Julian Tavarez. He usually sucks, I know...but he stopped Lester's hemorrhaging and kept the Sox in the game. Without that rare performance, nobody else had the chance to shine. Unbelievable what they did as a TEAM tonight. Love it too when Papelbon throws everything down the fat part of the plate and the big guys can't get hits!
  • Options
    wanted: reliable closer

sincerely,
    disgruntled Tribe fan... D'oh!!

we should have put in our version of Okajima....
  • Options

<< <i>wanted: reliable closer

sincerely,
    disgruntled Tribe fan... D'oh!!

we should have put in our version of Okajima.... >>

Betancourt is usually effective against Boston. A mistake to Youkilis, that's all he did wrong and it didn't cost the game.
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725

<< <i>for me, the hero of this game was Julian Tavarez. He usually sucks, I know...but he stopped Lester's hemorrhaging and kept the Sox in the game. Without that rare performance, nobody else had the chance to shine. Unbelievable what they did as a TEAM tonight. Love it too when Papelbon throws everything down the fat part of the plate and the big guys can't get hits! >>

Totally agree. It was great to see the 9th inning heroics, but they meant nothing if Tavarez hadn't been clutch there when he came in with the bases loaded.

• Options
    OK OK!!!!!! I will give Tavares his due!!!!!

• Options
    Every team that has ever won a world series has always had a player who has underperformed most of the season, but
    comes through at crucial points in the season.

Last year it was JD Drew..... Bad all season, but very good in the beginning and in the playoffs.

They also need guys like Manny, Youk, Beckett, etc. that just keep on humming.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Freddy Krueger Tavarez was lights out.

I also love the talk about why Borowski could possibly have lost 10 mph on his fastball. He used to throw 85 mph, washed out of the majors, went to Mexico for a year, miraculously gained 15 pounds of muscle and could throw 95 mph got a couple of decent contracts, and now miraculously is back to 85 mph. Guess he needs another "B-12" shot in the keyster.

Casey is a nice pickup by the way. Good work Theo.

Anybody watching Gabe the Babe tearing up the NL?
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Lets go guys!!! Lets Scalp 'em again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i> Did I mention I have man-love for Manny Ramirez? >>

I thought you had man-love for Gumbyfan image
  • Options
    Welcome to the big leagues kid!!
  • Options

<< <i>Welcome to the big leagues kid!! >>

Next thing ya know, we are going to be posting a picture of this kid here!!!!! image

• Options
    LETS SCORE SOME FREAKIN RUNS GUYS RALLY!!!
  • Options
    GAWD damnnit
  • Options
    so now DelCarmen has allowed something like six of nine inherited runners to score? That's got to be tops in the league?
  • Options
    wth is wrong with them, just ina funk i guess
  • Options
    yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa boy!
  • Options
    Tek!!!!!!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    YOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!
  • Options
    Cleveland fans have to be loving this...
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    early season is not supposed to be like this...I'm going to go grey fast!
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ahhh what the heck. Let me inject some real spirit into this Sox thread.

Big Papi is BIG WASHED UP. The big fat man can no longer sustain his weight or the athletic prowess to be paid like a king. BEER LEAGUE SOFTBALL is now his fortay. But alas, you still have Manny, and in a CONTRACT year to boot.

Carry on men ......

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options

<< <i>ahhh what the heck. Let me inject some real spirit into this Sox thread.

Big Papi is BIG WASHED UP. The big fat man can no longer sustain his weight or the athletic prowess to be paid like a king. BEER LEAGUE SOFTBALL is now his fortay. But alas, you still have Manny, and in a CONTRACT year to boot.

Carry on men ......

image >>

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odd question...

Anybody know who the guy is at the Indians game sitting in the front row behind the Indians dugout who puts on a different colored cap after each inning? I recall him from last year's playoffs. He must really need attention to change brightly colored caps after each inning. I did catch a quick between innings moment when he was having his pic taken with some other fans. Just curious if he's a former Indian's player.

• Options

<< <i>ahhh what the heck. Let me inject some real spirit into this Sox thread.

Carry on men ......

image >>

Sox have two one-year options for Manny for 2009 and 2010, each at 20 million. So not really a contract year.

Season is not over until the big fat man swings. I think he'll have fun at Yankee Stadium
  • Options
    We'll see tonight!
  • Options
    I was actually thinking that Papi looks thinner than he did last year! But with that said, I'm worried that Papi's extra weight was to Papi what Samson's uncut hair was to Samson. When Papi makes contact it seems to be good contact (except that lame bloop single the other night which was just a gift of the "Papi Shift") but he's had some swings lately that have made me wonder if he can even see the ball anymore.
  • Options

<< <i>I was actually thinking that Papi looks thinner than he did last year! But with that said, I'm worried that Papi's extra weight was to Papi what Samson's uncut hair was to Samson. When Papi makes contact it seems to be good contact (except that lame bloop single the other night which was just a gift of the "Papi Shift") but he's had some swings lately that have made me wonder if he can even see the ball anymore. >>

my wife and I were watching the game last night and we agreed that he's not seeing the ball. Maybe not picking it up from the pitcher's hand and maybe sour vision, but he is not seeing it for what it is. He used to drive the ball to left on outside pitches, seems he can't tell that the ball is outside and is trying to work everything center or right.
  • Options
    TEK!!!!!!! Coming up huge last night! In the spirit of the past few days of showing pics of our "gamebreakers" it is only fitting that I post my favorite of V-Tek!

Sorry but this pic never gets old! image
  • Options
    Papi? Im not ready to say much more than he is SLUMPING horribly, I dont think its anymore than just that. It looks like his best days are behind after last years "off year" but lets give it some more time before we over-anyalize it? I say he will get back to form soon enough.

He is not hitting much at all but there are a some other bombers out there who havnt found their strokes yet either- Prince Fielder? Carlos Beltran? Papi's only like 2-3 HR's behind Arod so lets keep things in perspective! Papi will be fine!!!!
  • Options

<------I agree

<< <i> image

Sorry but this pic never gets old! image >>

• Options
    UMM.... WE got the YANKS tonight BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LETS SCORE A BUNCH OF FREAKIN' RUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHUT 'EM DOWN BUCCHOLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    And for good measure..........

• Options
    thegemmintmanthegemmintman Posts: 3,101 ✭✭
    I think you just ticked off the bombers, Perk image.