Home Sports Talk
Options

The Official 2008 RED SOX Championship run thread!!

Comments

• Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Definitely a nice win today!
    One thing on Buckner. While I hated him for a long time, much of the hate evaporated in 2004. Much the pain from 1978, 1986, and 2003, while not forgotten is not nearly as painful. A couple of World Championships do wonders for your outlook!! 24 days until I am in Fenway!!

Bob.... >>

Wait a sec... I think I'll be there the same game! 5/2 vs Tampa Bay? >>

Whoops, off by one day. We'll be in Boston on 5/1 but we are going to the 5/3 & 5/4 games against the Rays
  • Options
    You look at the Yanks and Sox 4-4 records and put into account that the Sox have had 1 home game while NY has had
    1 away game in this early brutal schedule. I call that a decent start.
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    How about we score some freakin' runs tonight? What do you say, boys? Are you with me? My hope is that Bonderman leaves the game with his ERA even higher than 5.68 like it is now and Lester leaves with a sub 3.00 ERA.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How about we score some freakin' runs tonight? What do you say, boys? Are you with me? My hope is that Bonderman leaves the game with his ERA even higher than 5.68 like it is now and Lester leaves with a sub 3.00 ERA. >>

OFCOURSE WE ARE WITH YOU VON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will start it up for us...

LETS SCORE SOME FREAKIN' RUNS TONIGHT FELLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!image
  • Options
    Youk just took a bad hop off the chest but still made the play.
    He's the man!! Now lets score some runs!!
  • Options

<< <i>Youk just took a bad hop off the chest but still made the play.
    He's the man!! Now lets score some runs!! >>

Hey! Its "Score some "FREAKIN'" runs" image
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks like the Tokyo Lester showed up today image

Need the Sox to wake up at bat!!
  • Options
    Down by 2, lets Go SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! image
  • Options
    Hope Lowell gets well soon too....

Come on 6th iniing! Manny did his job, lets go!
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LSSFR!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
  • Options
    Hey the Tigers got a great team and you knew their bats were going to wake up sooner or later.. they were overdue.

Oh well, the Yanks lost right?
  • Options
    3.3 runs per game is not going to cut it in the AL East. Ortiz needs to find out where he left his swing!
  • Options

<< <i>3.3 runs per game is not going to cut it in the AL East. Ortiz needs to find out where he left his swing! >>

Ortiz left his swing in his backyard. His kids are playing on it.
    Seriously, is anyone noticing anything wrong with his mechanics ?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>3.3 runs per game is not going to cut it in the AL East. Ortiz needs to find out where he left his swing! >>

Ortiz left his swing in his backyard. His kids are playing on it.
    Seriously, is anyone noticing anything wrong with his mechanics ? >>

during last night's game, Jerry Remy was discussing Papi's stance as being different.
  • Options
    To be fair, when Papi does managed to contact with the ball it seems to be hit well and hit hard. It seemed like he would have had a grand slam the other day if the wind hadn't been blowing in.
  • Options
    Funny story here- A couple of my buddies went to the Sox game yesterday and they saw Granderson and heckled him for me "Your ruining my Fantasy Season" One of the guys is in my fantasy league and knows that I drafted him in the 3rd round! LOL Thought I would share...
  • Options
    Lets show some support for WAKE!!!!!!!!!!! image
  • Options
    Tavarez is starting to look like this year's version of Gagme.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    I had talked bout this last year. For some dumb reason, the bat company has engineers trying to "help" Papi's swing. He sad last year if they keep it up he's is gonna just give them their sponsorship $$ back, and return to Rawlings. LAst year he changed form Rawlings to soemthing else, it is Japanese. They have TEAMS of people studying his swing and they actually raised his bat weight last year. Notice a trend? He has gone from bad to worse!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Youk just took a bad hop off the chest but still made the play.
    He's the man!! Now lets score some runs!! >>

Hey! Its "Score some "FREAKIN'" runs" image >>

Okay, at least we got some today!!!
  • Options
    WOOOOO- HOOOOOO!

I can't wait for Tomorrows game !

Ching Ming Ding-aling will start it off for us image

I live for these games !

EF me ! I know image
  • Options

<< <i>WOOOOO- HOOOOOO!

I can't wait for Tomorrows game !

Ching Ming Ding-aling will start it off for us image

I live for these games !

EF me ! I know image >>

image Nah, your one of the "good" guys on CU.. It should be a fun series! ( More fun if the Sox break out the broomstick image )
  • Options
    Am I the only J.D. Drew fan on this board, or do we have another ? I like the guy. I know I shouldn't draw comparisons to Varitek, because he gets hurt more then Jason, but they're both quiet players, they both have trouble with the low inside slider, but they both play the game hard, and JD hits a little better then Jason. They both play solid defense. They both make a lot of money too. Any others ?
  • Options
    JD was key to the early part of last season too - he seemed to be the only guy hitting and hitting in the clutch last April. His Grand Slam in the playoffs made me forget that he disappeared until September though. Hopefully he can be the player the SOx hoped he'd be for the whole campaign. Tough to replace Trot though - everybody liked the guy although he wasn't much more than an average player.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Didnt see last nights game becaus eof the NHL playoffs. Wings won and the Bruins lost, so I'm good.

Good win for the Sox though!
  • Options
    I'm trying to give JD Drew a clean slate this year, but I'm completely unwilling to put him in the same category as The Captain. Drew will have better stats and there are some similarities in their personality and style of play, but Drew is not a clubhouse leader and he doesn't have a fourth of the heart that V-Tek has.
  • Options
    Thank you Mr Perkdog , now that right there means sumthin and I appreciate it .

Yea , this is going to be a great series , In all of sports I think this has to be the biggest rivalry , Yankee fans can't wait for these days and I couldn't be certain but I'm almost positive Boston fans feel the same , it really is something great to look forward to.

The excitement is so thick , you can cut it with a knife !

I always hope Boston has a great season and the Yankees do to , so we can see each other in the big show .

I would much rather it be Boston /Yankees than Mets /Yankees

• Options
    DelCarmen, Timlin, whomever. Red Sox rule #1: first guy out of the bullpen must let up a home run
  • Options
    thegemmintmanthegemmintman Posts: 3,101 ✭✭
    Boy the chat died down here in a hurry.

• Options

<< <i>Boy the chat died down here in a hurry.

image >>

Hey looking FLAT against your biggest rival tends to do that from time to time- we will see you guys tomorow!

• Options

<< <i>I'm trying to give JD Drew a clean slate this year, but I'm completely unwilling to put him in the same category as The Captain. Drew will have better stats and there are some similarities in their personality and style of play, but Drew is not a clubhouse leader and he doesn't have a fourth of the heart that V-Tek has. >>

Agreed. Watch JD Drew next time he hits a HR, and then watch him hit into a crucial inning ending double play. His expression is the same!

Im giving him a clean slate this year as well, but my opinion that he is a complete wimp with zero heart will NEVER change.
  • Options
    OK - round 1 to the Yanks. Wang pitched a monster game. Let's tie it up today.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Yesterdays game wasnt fair anyways- I had to work 7am - 11pm so I got in ZERO game action. Today will be different though- providing it doesnt get rained out image
  • Options
    Yep, without Perk we were at an obvious disadvantage. I didn't get home until the 6th inning either.
    The bats will wake up today.
  • Options
    The next two match ups definitely favor you guys so that with the Perkdog factor gives you a very good chance.
  • Options

<< <i>The next two match ups definitely favor you guys so that with the Perkdog factor gives you a very good chance. >>

I'm starting to think you are right...maybe Matsuzaka's first year in MLB was like Beckett's first year in the AL...nothing but good stuff in year two (and beyond?) image
  • Options
    image "The Perkdog factor" image

Sometimes I just try to WILL them to win! Hopefully it will work today!
  • Options
    All AMPED up, just watched Curse of the Bambino on HBO..now

LET'S SCORE SOME FREAKIN RUNS
  • Options

<< <i>All AMPED up, just watched Curse of the Bambino on HBO..now

LET'S SCORE SOME FREAKIN RUNS >>

NICE TED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! image
  • Options
    thegemmintmanthegemmintman Posts: 3,101 ✭✭

<< <i>image "The Perkdog factor" image

Sometimes I just try to WILL them to win! Hopefully it will work today! >>

Well it is a potent and underappreciated asset image
  • Options
    LETS GO RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GO RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about Paoi breaking out today some hits? How about a HR or two? LETS GO BIG PAPI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    MANNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    Beckett is looking good so far too!!!
  • Options
    To me , Beckett always looks good .

He scares me .
  • Options
    He has such a wicked release , you don't even see his arm moving toward you it is so fast .

A pitcher like that you have to try to make throw a lot of pitches and the Yankees just are not doing that today .
  • Options
    Manny stepping his game up.....
  • Options
  • Options
    one pitch his arm might go to hom eplate!

Knocked out the moose!
  • Options
    Can we have some love for JD !!!!!!!!!image