Home Sports Talk

The Official 2008 RED SOX Championship run thread!!

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Um, maybe we shouldn't bring Papelbon in any more during non-save situations? >>

Stupid decision by Francona if you ask me-maybe he wanted to keep him sharp but I definately do not think he should have been brought in.

At least he locked it down though.

BTW- Its image for beating the Yanks!!!!!!!!!!!
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,487 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Um, maybe we shouldn't bring Papelbon in any more during non-save situations? >>

it doesn't seem that he has a good track record in such situations, does it?
    Well we got the Rangers right now so lets get it going!!!!!!!!

maybe that Fenway homer will help Papi break the spell? image

<< <i>maybe that Fenway homer will help Papi break the spell? image >>

Barndog!!!!!!! You meen GRAND SALAMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Go Papi!
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    I just got home and it was 5-1. Now 9-1 in the blink of an eye, and Papi got a grand slam....Here's hoping it helps him bust out of his funk!

<< <i>Here's hoping it helps him bust out of his funk! >>

Gotta get one of these image in there!!!!!!!!!!!

5 Ribbies for Papi!!
    Even more amazing....1-2-3 for Timlin....SOX Win!!!
  • TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    It's almost too bad the Yankees didn't win because then we would have sole possession of 1st place in the East. Oh well, we'll get there soon enough I hope.
  • MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was that the REAL Timlin or a clone?? Hope he's back on track. Nice win for the Red Sox and the break out for Ortiz!!
    Im telling you I never was concerned about Big Papi!!! A Grand Slam will definately clear your head up during a slump!!!!!!

• Bahston

Sawks

Cach

<< <i>Bahston

Sawks

Cach >>

image The Fat guy chimes in image

Shouldnt you be busy trying to sell resealed packs to 8th graders?
  • <<Shouldnt you be busy trying to sell resealed packs to 8th graders? >>

nah there smarter then the 5th graders around here

• << <i>

nah there smarter then the 5th graders around here >>

5th graders would know it's "nah, they're smarter" instead of "nah, there smarter".

Give the Yankees a call, I think they could use this guy in their front office. He's probably
    smarter then Cashman or Hank.
  • These Sox are hitting over .300

Pedroia
    Youkilis
    Drew
    Ramirez
    Lowrie
    Casey

Nice to see Lugo sit last night. He is being very undisciplined at the plate. He's trying to pull everything on the outer half of the plate,
    and his swing is not right. I know his average is not that bad, but is it time to give Lowrie the go ahead at short ?
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    I was so happy for Papi last night! Let's go all the way!

<< <i>These Sox are hitting over .300

Pedroia
    Youkilis
    Drew
    Ramirez
    Lowrie
    Casey

Nice to see Lugo sit last night. He is being very undisciplined at the plate. He's trying to pull everything on the outer half of the plate,
    and his swing is not right. I know his average is not that bad, but is it time to give Lowrie the go ahead at short ? >>

you know Francona won't do that for a long time, unless Luso gets injured.
    I've been impressed with Lowrie so far. It's nice to have guys in the minors that can be called up and actually help the club (not just take up space). Next on the list: Hansen. He's doing well in the minors and it seems like we could definitely benefit from some extra middle relief arms.
    Lets get 'em again tonight! image
    Tonight, I'm in the mood for a fun game, a few beers, and a lot of freakin' runs being scored by the Sox. image

<< <i>Tonight, I'm in the mood for a fun game, a few beers, and a lot of freakin' runs being scored by the Sox. image >>

Thats what Im talking about!!!!!!! image
    We're off to a good start!!
    Lester doesn't have it tonight image
    Well if he can claw his way out of this inning and SETTLE DOWN!!!!!!!!
    Well we settled the game down OK but We need a few Freakin' runs! LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well, I took care of the beer, the Rangers have kept it a close/fun game, but the Red Sox have so far failed to provide the freakin' runs. That's not very nice of them.
    Nope its really not! image
    Um, I take it back.
    Um, I do to.
    PAPI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! image

MANNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! image
    Just how good is MANRAM ???????? What a shot!!
    I'll be shocked if he's not in the top 3 for the MVP voting this year.
    Awesome stuff! Gotta love it- and gotta love the O's smashing the Yankees image

<< <i>I'll be shocked if he's not in the top 3 for the MVP voting this year. >>

Agreed, hopefully he can stay srong all season.
    Von, I just realized your next post is #1000!! It would be fitting if it was placed here image
    Ramirez is incredibly cool. I didn't realize the work he puts in with tape, and work outs studying pitchers etc, etc. Remdog and Orsillo touched on it yesterday or the day before. I'm amazed at how quickly Manny gets the ball back in to 2nd, almost like a rocket shot out of his glove. Just an awesome player, would he be great to have a beer with or what?!!!

Agree on the MVP, he seems to almost always rise to the pressure. Having driven past Fenway many times, I'm amazed that some of those over the monstah homers don't bounce off a roof and straight onto the Mass Turnpike.

Agree about the Os crushing the Yankees. Joba looks strong...had to hand over the clicker at 10, the wife is a huge CSI fan. Had just enough time to see the last out of the Sox game. Gotta love those guys!

Don't forget it's an early game on Monday, like 11AM first pitch. Marathon Day.

GO RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yo Perk...in honor of Von's 1k post, how about hooking him up with the Perkies?
    Manny is my favorite Sox player without question. You gotta love that he just SIZZLES come playoff time!!

<< <i>Yo Perk...in honor of Von's 1k post, how about hooking him up with the Perkies? >>

image For a fellow Sox Fan- You got it!
    Manny is smoking hot and that's a good thing...but Ortiz is showing signs of recovery. If he does recover, my apologies in advance to opposing pitchers!
    Hey Von -

You owe me HUGE for getting Perkdog to hook you up with the Perkies. May I suggest you have a difibrilator nearby just in case you can't handle the opportunity. image

You da man Perk.
    Perk, Jenn and her friend say hi.

Happy 1000th post to me!

• ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just how good is MANRAM ???????? What a shot!! >>

That was quite a bomb. If it did not hit the light tower, the ball would have reached the Mass Pike -- it still cleared Landsdowne.

• << <i>Awesome stuff! Gotta love it- and gotta love the O's smashing the Yankees image >>

I split wood all day, along with cutting grass, and fell asleep. So nice to wake up, turn on sportscenter in the middle of
    the night and see the scoreline. Manny is like August hot in April. Wow.
    MANRAM should know better than to keep arguing with the ump, ain't gonna change the outcome and definitely bums the fans who came just to see him play imageimage
    Yeah, that pitch was way too close to argue about. It was a costly mistake on Man-Ram's part, but in a way I'm glad to see that he cares this year. It seems like over the past couple years it didn't always appear to matter to him whether he struck out or not.