Home Sports Talk

The Official 2008 RED SOX Championship run thread!!

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What up fellas! Took a break for a few days and the Sox go on a RAMPAGE like I hoped they would a few days ago!

I see tonight might be rained out, I just got back from Beantown and it is very wet!
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    I think i am going to pray for rain, I dont like the pitching match up tonight

<< <i>I think i am going to pray for rain, I dont like the pitching match up tonight >>

I hate to see this game rescheduled though- are bats are HOT! I wanted to strike the iron while its hot ya know?
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,487 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rained out ... I won't get to see a game until 24 or 25 August. Gotta go haul in some salmon in AK image

<< <i>rained out ... I won't get to see a game until 24 or 25 August. Gotta go haul in some salmon in AK image >>

Hey Barn have fun! See ya when you get back buddy!

• << <i>rained out ... I won't get to see a game until 24 or 25 August. Gotta go haul in some salmon in AK image >>

Awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I order my smoked king from www.santassmokehouse.com
    Best salmon in the world image
  • Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    Hopefully we'll be in first, or a little closer when you get back Barndog. Have Fun!
  • ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>rained out ... I won't get to see a game until 24 or 25 August. Gotta go haul in some salmon in AK image >>

Bring some back for the boys! image

Day-night DH tomorrow?
    funny how we still post when there is no game,

Bye Bye Byrdiefor a few days

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

Barn - spent a little time at Cooper's Landing on the Kenai river a few years back. Hope you do well and the weather cooperates for you. We'll hold the fort while you play.

Have a great trip!!
    Since I didn't get to watch the So last night, I really enjoyed the 9th inning of the Yankees game. Even though it go hairy, it was cool to see all the fans going nuts only to be silenced! Good times!
    Sun is shining today! Hopefully we can continue our run scoring binge!
    Maybe I spoke to soon- the rain is trying its best to come down as hard as it ever has in the history of the world.
    Is it raing up north Paul, getting dark down here

<< <i>Is it raing up north Paul, getting dark down here >>

Ted its a complete joke- it freakin' rains EVERY day now!

Mother Nature must be very upset image
    Well there is thunder here but it is sunny! No game til 705 is BULL FLOP, what am I gonna do all day...yard work?
  • MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you are flooding, be thankful for the rain!!

I live just south of Atlanta, we've been in a major drought for a bit over 2 years. The metro-Atlanta primary source of water is Lake Lanier (think Winnepesaukee) is down over 12 feet. It's a recreational lake, but a lot of houseboats are sitting on dirt, kinda weird to see. Sand bars have popped up that were normally well submerged.

Our outside watering is limited to an odd - even system by house number. I am allowed to water (with a hose only, no sprinkler) for 35 minutes on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday, between midnight and 10AM. I have no clue how they came up with 35 minutes. We cannot wash cars (I cheated once), so I'm forced to take my new Camry to a car wash. Grass and shurbs are dying as well as trees. I'd hate like hell to be a farmer in Georgia or Alabama!!

Hopefully the new storm approaching Cuba will bring us some relief. Projected tracks tell me it's gonna be really wet here come next Wednesday. imageimage

Looks like the Yankees pull this one out, now bottom of 9th with runners on 1st and 2nd, no outs.

Enjoy the game tonight, should be a good one.
    Nice pick! Lets score some freakin runs guys!
    Byrd pitched decent tonight, but not well enough the way Halladay has stifled our bats so far.
    Lets Rallly!
    Halladay shut the offense down. Tough to beat someone when they pitch like that. Hopefully, the bats return tomorrow!
    Halladay is just nasty- plain and simple. Im not suprised he shut us down like he did, we should get back on track today!
    I thought we would play a doubleheader today? We got rained out the other night so when are we making that one up?
    NOT liking the start of this game image
  • TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    I missed the start of the game . . . I see that Beckett got lit up. Was it just a bad outing, or is he hurt?
    I just the whole pitching staff stunk up the joint today.

<< <i>I thought we would play a doubleheader today? We got rained out the other night so when are we making that one up? >>

Sometime in September - a day-night DH on a Saturday.

Man, Beckett's ERA from this afternoon was 30.86! Really messed up my fantasy team, that's for sure. Hopefully we beat up on the Orioles tomorrow.
    Just when things looked like they were getting good we get humbled by the Jays.. We definately need to win this next series against Baltimore.

• Baltimore can really score runs; hope your pitchers do better than Beckett!
    I will take a 6-3 win! Im really glad we bounced back with a W after that lousy performance against the Jays, hopefully we can get on a nice roll here. Tito wasnt screwing around tonight, giving Paps the go in the 8th.
    Lester comes through in the clutch yet again. Now we need Dice K to come up big tomorrow too!

Nice game by Bay as well.
    Im post padding here until I get to 10K! It needs to happen in our traditional Sox thread image
    Here goes..................image
  • 1 more dog 1 more!!!! Maybe you can replace Chris Russo. Are you mad?

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Wow while I was posting you hit the magic 10000

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."

<< <i>Im post padding here until I get to 10K! It needs to happen in our traditional Sox thread image >>

Congrats, brother! imageimage
    CT - you're getting mightly close to 10,000 as well.

I bet that 80% of all my posts have been on this thread and the 2007 version of this thread. What about you guys?

Tonight's game should be a walk fest. Between Dice-K and Daniel Cabrera I would put the over/under on walks at 12.5.
    Most of my posts are right here too! A long way to go to get to Perkland!
    Congrats on 10K!
    Varitek Double/HR tonight. Maybe there's a little life left in his bat still...

Opposing batters are 0-14 against Dice K with the bases loaded. That's amazing!
    Ever since I first started hearing about the rumor that V-Tek is poking Heidi Watney, V-tek has been mashing the ball. Coincidence?
    Probably not. Ever since I started poking Hazel Mae, I have been a much happier and more productive person.

<< <i>Probably not. Ever since I started poking Hazel Mae, I have been a much happier and more productive person.

image >>

Me too!!! Go figure!

Anyone see the picture of Erin Andrews sizing up the competition the other day? Meow.

Another crappy outing by Buchholz!
    Hopefully we can get ourselves back in the lead- Im seriously not trying to hear losing this game image
    feet of clay
    –noun 1. a weakness or hidden flaw in the character of a greatly admired or respected person: He was disillusioned to find that even Lincoln had feet of clay.
    2. any unexpected or critical fault.
    This game is getting ugly.
    I had to go out to dinner tonight - guess I picked a good night to miss the game. image
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put a fork in Sucholz this year. image

Hopefully Beckett will stop sleeping on his pitching arm.
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Probably not. Ever since I started poking Hazel Mae, I have been a much happier and more productive person.

image >>

Me too!!! Go figure!

Anyone see the picture of Erin Andrews sizing up the competition the other day? Meow.

image >>

I would love to see that catfight -- preferably in jello or mud! image

<< <i>
    Hopefully Beckett will stop sleeping on his pitching arm. >>

HOPEFULLY thats all that needs to be done!