blazzing 8.. Nice!!!
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Congrats Bob, you have a great eye.
  • shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭✭
    Great looking card, Bob. And quite a toughie, too.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."

<< <i>Great looking card, Bob. And quite a toughie, too. >>

+1. image
  • BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob.... Outstanding Newhouser, congrats on a very hard card to find.

Here's my latest pickup for my HOF collection. I need to buy a new scanner!!!

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON

• << <i>One more.

image >>

imageimageimageimageimage

i hope to add a PSA 2 of that card to my collection ... someday! LOL
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • paleocardspaleocards Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, nice Newhouser, Bob. That card's so rare I think that's the first time I've seen one.

Bobby -- Welcome to the Eddie Murray RC 8.5 Club! Great card in that grade!
  • jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭
    Very Nice eck. No print spots like normal.
    The Hal is tremendous. Superb 5 looks nicer.
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
  • bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Very Nice eck. No print spots like normal. >>

It's kind of got that little pink fish-eye on his right sleeve, but I liked the centering too much to pass. The Newhouser presents even better in person--lower right corner has a ding and there's some discoloration (obvious in the scan), which is most likely why it graded as it did.
    I was refering to the normal black ink that is found along the name and runs over into the pink Indians area.
    very common.
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    Nice 75's Bob!
  • very nice 75s Bob
  • Love those Bob!
    Just got to 100%. Not the highest graded set out there, but I'm still pretty happy with it. image

Hall of Fame Players - Post War Rookies: bobsbbcards

Here were the last few I picked up:

imageimage

imageimageimage
    Wow Bob, that's quite impressive. You were certainly a man on a mission. Congrats on the accomplishment!
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."

<< <i>Wow Bob, that's quite impressive. You were certainly a man on a mission. Congrats on the accomplishment! >>

Thanks Andrew! Most of the tough ones were already a part of my collection when I started the set, and the '48 Bowmans were on my want list anyway. Before this set, I wasn't intending to buy any post 1974 graded cards (at least regular issues). I had all of the modern rookies already raw, but the ones I owned weren't quite nice enough to get graded.
    very nice.
    Centering on the Kirby is fantastic.

Cograts on 100%

It will be a while before I can say that.
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    I had the pleasure of owning this killer 9 for several years until I recently I sold it:

It's every bit worthy of its assigned grade. BUT I couldn't pass up the opportunity to replace it with this beautiful 8, the best I've seen, to free up some cash:

I'll be shooting for the stars with the 'extra' cash. Well actually the Starr. Hoping to land a nice PSA 8 '57 Topps Bart Starr rookie.

• orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heres some Hall of Fame rookies i have picked up over the years. Clemente just popped and got a PSA 1.5

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 80.51% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.80% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
    That 8 is gorgeous Andrew, congrats! Did you win it in PWCC's recent auction and are you considering subbing it for the half-point bump?

Here's mine (again), picked it up at last year's National for a great price. Likely will submit it for review in Baltimore.

Thanks. I did win it in the PWCC auction. I think it has at least a 50/50 chance to bump, but I have no plans to send it in. I'm happy with it as is. Your 8 is a scorcher too. Congrats.
    Great looking 8 Andy, I personally like it equally as well to the 9 you sold.

I am kicking myself for not buying the Mccovey you bought Mr. Kramer!
    Bob, congrats on completing the set. Amazing accomplishment. You really added some nice cards. image

The 48 Berra is a blazer!
    Been a while for any new additions to my HOFers Set. Always wanted a nicely centered copy of this card.

• cincyredlegscincyredlegs Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭
    Matt, that is an awesome rookie of the Duke. Congrats.
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
    Great looking Snider.
  • ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    LOVE that card Matt!!!

im still hunting for a PSA 4/5 of The Duke for my set
    Picked up a couple more cards for my Post War HOF set. This will probably put the skids on anymore purchases until the National.

I Love this card! The best part is knowing the heritage of this card. This card was pulled from a rack pack that came out of a box that was part of a group break last year.

I typically don't purchase cards with centering like this Brock has, but the surface and corners were just so nice, it kept calling me. Additionally, I got a heck of a deal from the seller, so that sealed the deal.
    Gorgeous cards, Matt!
    Matt!!!! i LOVE That Brett!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Got this in ...

down to eight to finish my HOF Run

• << <i>Got this in ...

down to eight to finish my HOF Run >>

Looking good!
    Just upgraded from a PSA 2.5 Mays rookie to this super sweet 5:

• Congrats Andy. That is a sharp 5.image
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
    Great Looking Lemon Eric. Congrats!

Fabulous Mays Andy.

Where did you guys pick these cards up from?
    Got the Willie on eBay, Matt.
  • digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    I'm going to miss this set. image Maybe one day I'll get back into this.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25

<< <i>I'm going to miss this set. Maybe one day I'll get back into this. >>

Rich, I am going to miss having you involved in the set. As a board member said when I sold the majority of my set on the first go around. "Your cards will live on in many of our collections". I will enjoy your Fisk, and am happy to add it to my set.

I hope you do Rich. You're one of the good guys.

What I Collect:

Hey, I'm trying to start the post war HOF rookie card collection. I'm not going for a set registry or anything, so I am buying graded or raw. I just want to get all the cards, regardless of whether they are graded or not. Let me know if you have any. I am looking for lower to mid grade condition to keep costs down. Just PM me. Thanks! I am also very open to trades.
    What I Collect:

Whats the name of your set? I will see if I can help you out.

• BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matt sorry for the late response but beautiful Snider and Andy that is a great looking Willie Mays, great eye appeal.
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
    The two most recent additions to my set (thanks to Matt for the Larkin, a very generous and thoughtful gift! And thanks to Rich for making me a good deal for the Puckett -- it's sad that this excellent set was liquidated but at least some of these great rookie cards will live on in others' registry sets!)

imageimage
    Both centered extremely nicely.

congrats on nice PU's
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    Here's the Banks rookie that now resides in my set in place of the one Matt just bought from me:

Truth be told, Matt's is nicer. But I'm trying to get my GPA over 7.0 - which aint easy!