Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Offical Baseball HOF Rookies Thread (Future HOF Rookies too)@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Comments

• jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe sandy's mom collects cards and is on these boards.

Even Beltran is a big questionmark. he's a very fine player....

But surely needs to add some longevity numbers or win some individual awards

I will say that mr shags list is about spot on....for possible hofers.

I probably wouldn't change anythng except Larry walker...quite possibly the greatest baseball player since babe ruth.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭✭
    Jay, you must be related to Larry Walker. You have serious man love for him! image
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Nice Molly!
  • orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thought I'd share a couple recent additions. I'm up to 70% done on the Post War HOF Rookie set.

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 80.51% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.80% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
    That Gwynn is awesome. Looks like a 10.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Great eye appeal on those cards Evans! Nice job getting to 70%!
  • BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Great eye appeal on those cards Evans! Nice job getting to 70%! >>

I totally agree that those cards have nice eye appeal. I have always like this thread even though I'm not building this set I do have some new cards I picked up.

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • paleocardspaleocards Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice cards, gents, keep 'em coming! Looking forward to what the National will bring to this thread (and others!)
    Bobby, That Kiner is just insane. I would really like to know how thats just a 5. Beautiful card. I wish I could build an entire 48 Leaf set in PSA 5 with every card looking like that Kiner.
    I agree w/ matt

That Kiner is just awesome.
    Fantastic eye appeal for the grade...I would have guessed a tad higher myself
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    Jay & Matt... thanks it even looks better in hand. I can't see or find a surface wrinkle on that card. FYI it was a SGC 5 before I cracked it out.
    This thread needs a little life, so here are a couple of my recent pickups:

I'd been after this card for over a year and was finally able to land it from a fellow board member (who acquired it a while back from another board member). Keeping it in the family.

Yeah, I know this is the "post" war HOF thread, but this is close enough. Love the centering on this one.
    Andy, Beautiful Aaron with fantastic centering!! Congrats on the pickups.
  • ABellPharmDABellPharmD Posts: 181 ✭✭✭
    Recently added a new card to my HOF collection

I collect Cal Ripken cards, T206, E95, E210, R319.
    Nice looking Bunning.
    The Bunning is nce and free of the common black print spots.
    The 54 hammer is just awesome. Andy's cards are always top end.
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    Here are my RC pick-ups from the National (quite pleased!)

imageimage

The Roush CJ is his rookie (look at that baby-face!) and it's my first Cracker Jack.

These last four are from the obscure '70s Laughlin Negro-leaguer sets. (All are their RCs according to Old Cardboard's Hall of Fame Rookie Cards website). The '74 Judy Johnson is a tough card in high-grade (it's the last card in the set). This one was in a BVG 8.5 holder and I suppose I'm happy that it crossed to an 8 (I would have been thrilled with an 8.5). It's now one of three PSA 8s graded with none higher.

imageimage

imageimage
    Im loving these new pickups as of late. I'm not actually building the Post War HOF set in the registry, but trust me when I say I am still buying them!

Keep em coming guys. Great stuff.
    In the spirit to help PSA get to 100,000 registered sets, I started the Post War HOF set again. Check it out and let's get this thread rolling again!
    MBMiller25,

You have some beautiful cards in your collection. Good luck in building the set. I like HOF collecting because it's basically a specialized Type set so the variety makes it great to look at.

Adam
    I agree Matt

Here's my latest pickup

<< <i>MBMiller25, You have some beautiful cards in your collection. Good luck in building the set. I like HOF collecting because it's basically a specialized Type set so the variety makes it great to look at. >>

Thanks Adam!

Bobby, That's such a clean Stargell! Very nice
    Latest Delivery! Have one in transit I will share when it arrives.

• Picked this beauty up recently.

• WOW. That is a sharp Koosman RCimage

Congrats!
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
    Matt fantastic Kaline, it has great coloring plus outstanding centering.

Rookies good looking Ryan rook.
    Beautiful Stargell, Kaline and Ryan RCs fellas - keep 'em coming!
    Very nice willie

nice card ya all.

Welcome back to the set Matt...for the fouirth time...or is it the fifth?

that Al is a monster.
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    One more for my Postwar Set

Incredible Drysdale!

Here's my latest; not too thrilled with the toned borders but it's solidly centered -- it'll do.

• Andy, I think the Kell looks great! Where did you pick it? I don't think the toning looks bad at all.
  • Looks pretty good for a 64 year old card.
    Thanks Matt and rookies101; I won it in an eBay auction last week (well above SMR but right around VCP). Only one other bidder was willing to go nearly as high as me and he bid within the increment so I ended up winning it with my max bid. If it wasn't for him I would have saved ~$80!!
  • Don Spence retired his Post War HOF set today. I guess he's selling when the market is high?
    I had my eye on this card for a while. Just pulled the trigger on it recently.

• Awesome card Andy. Congrats! PM me the price you paid. Knowing you, I'm sure you got a good dealimage
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • New Addition, and Great reason to get this back on the first page.

• vettfanaticvettfanatic Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    Nice Murray! I always liked that card.

Jeff
    Matt
    Very nice and centered Eddie. No print marks
    beut
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    Hurray for Murray! Nice card, Matt, and I'm happy you're back in the Rookies Set!
    Thought I'd prepare for this year's HOF vote. I don't know if he'll get in this year, but it may be close.

• pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭✭
    Just decided to change my collecting focus and start this set. This might be the one will take forever to finish. I haven't read the thread yet, but I look forward to it.
    Welcome to the set and good luck, P Dub!
    My newest addition:

I was waiting for just the right 6 or 7 to upgrade my 4. This one fits the bill perfectly.
    Just finished reading the thread. Very excited to start sharing. Luckily, some of the guys I collect: Clemente, Musial, Ryan, Aaron, Koufax, I was collecting already, so I get to add these in.
    Here are some scans of the cards I have in my photo bucket...still need to scan some more.

Great cards, P. Nice to have another centering fanatic on the set image.
    Terrific centering on that Snider, Andy, great upgrade!

Welcome to the Set, pdub. It's a monster but you already have some of the key cards so you're off to a great start!
    My latest. I've been waiting for a centered copy, the last two I went after finished at $283 and $306, so I was relatively pleased to win this one (from Probstein) for "only" $262. Boy, SMR is off on this one by nearly 100%. I wonder how long we'll have to wait before seeing some "+" signs next to Santo's RC.

Nice Santo,

I just picked up a few cards this week. Once I get them scanned, I look forward to sharing.