Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Offical Baseball HOF Rookies Thread (Future HOF Rookies too)@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Comments

• BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's two more that I added to my HOF set. I picked up the Maz over this past summer, but I've had the Stargell for sometime. I wanted to share these cards with the thread.

imageimage
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow Bobby! That Maz looks great. Beautiful centering and nice white borders.
  • New Addition to the HOF RC Set. This card is deceptively tough in High Grade. Centering is always a problem.

• bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    Nice cards guys!!

I just added these three to my set:

imageimage

• Bob, those are awesome additions! Thank you for sharing with us.

Hard to imagine that the Ripken rookie is now 30 years old.
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle

<< <i>Hard to imagine that the Ripken rookie is now 30 years old. >>

That does sound strange. In 1982, I know that we thought that 1952 Topps, being 30 years old, was very much vintage. I certainly don't feel that way about 1982 cards now that we've arrived in 2012.
  • jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭
    yowzers.

Nice additions fellas

The duke is a blazer.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Bob, That Duke Snider is super nice! Where did you pick that up? I have been looking for one for a while now. Well done image
    It was from probstein123 off of eBay on 9/27/10 for $1,615 (including shipping). I just hadn't gotten around to scanning it or adding it to my set.

They've gone for a bit more since, with the exception of an off-centered one in an old slab from H&S.
  • shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree. That Snider is sick. Very, very nice.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
    New Addition to my HOF Set. I love this card, and always regretted selling off my first Gibson RC when I sold off my HOF RC's set the first time.

• ONLY an 8.0? lol jk

the centering is awesome on it!
    Here's my recent pickup. I have never owned this card before. Here's my Michael Jack Schmidt

• << <i>Here's my recent pickup. I have never owned this card before. Here's my Michael Jack Schmidt

image >>

Solid Centering! Nice pickup!
    That's a clean PSA7 Bobby. I would say it looks better than my 8 that's Auto'd.
  • Welcome Barry!

• paleocardspaleocards Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭
    I've been away for a couple of weeks and look what I've missed!

Bobby -- Wecome back to the set, and that's a beautiful Yount!

Bob -- That Spahn and Snider are gorgeous!

Matt -- What can I say?!? The color on that Gibby is so rich, that's the Niekro I want, and I'm thrilled you landed that Seaver (so now you won't be coveting mine!) Matt, I'd love to know what you spent on the Seaver (please PM me if you don't want to post it on the thread).

Great to see this thread bustling with activity!

Happy new year guys!
    Andy
    Happy New Year to you as well Andy.

Newest Addition to my Post War Set.

• << <i>Happy New Year to you as well Andy.

Newest Addition to my Post War Set.

image >>

LOVE that high number!

so much for slowing down, eh? image
    New Addition to the HOF RC's set.

• bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>New Addition to the HOF RC's set.

>>

Wow, that is one sharp Santo!!!
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
    Here are my latest pickups. Fun set! image

imageimageimage
    Bob.... That's one sweet looking Brett
    Great Looking cards Bob. image
    I'm glad I picked up this card before the most recent HOF voting results were announced:

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
    Cool BK card! How much better would that card be than the lame multi-player one that Topps used. image

Here's my latest:

Those BK cards are tough to find in high grade and that Morris is a beauty!!!

Here's my most recent pickup:

Nice cards guys! Nice to see this thread get some life. Was dead while I was away.

Bob, I can't believe the uptick 48 Bowman has taken. That Schoendienst went for some good coin!
    Bobby,
    That's a great looking Ozzie--I'm holding out for one almost as nice as yours, but they're TOUGH to find (as you well know).

Matt,
    Yeah, right about the time I began the '48 Bowman set, buyers started to come out of the woodwork. I canceled all of my bids on the most recent round of Probstein's auctions, because the bids had gotten too high. I'll try again in a couple of years. image
    Bob.... Thanks the Ozzie is a little off centered T+B, but still a nice card. Here's a card I pulled out of a pack during one of the recent group rips in October/November. I've decided to keep it in my set.

Well since we're sharing images of perhaps the most overrated played of our generation...here's the PSA 9 '79 Smith I upgraded to last year:

Definitely a bear to find centered.
    Agreed Andy, you should sell that overrated piece of crap to me! image

I'm actually looking for an 8.5 with no luck. Any of you guys have an extra Post War HOFers your wanting to sell?

<< <i>Well since we're sharing images of perhaps the most overrated played of our generation...here's the PSA 9 '79 Smith I upgraded to last year: >>

Woof, that one's a monster. Maybe I'll get out my scissors and make the raw one I have look centered (borders will be 2mm apiece, but at least they'll all match).
  • man, the centering on that Ozzie is fantastic.

im going to a show on Friday, i hope i can find something for my set
    My latest HOF Rookie pickup. This is going to be my last acquisition for a while, so I can pay this Williams off, and more importantly begin saving my money for the National in August! image

Picked up three more from the '80s:

imageimageimage

• << <i>My latest HOF Rookie pickup. This is going to be my last acquisition for a while, so I can pay this Williams off, and more importantly begin saving my money for the National in August! image

image >>

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!! i for one am SO glad that Teddy rc is pre-war! image

• << <i>Picked up three more from the '80s:

imageimageimage >>

Bob, you are zooming up the list! NICE!

<< <i>Bob, you are zooming up the list! NICE! >>

Actually, it's more like treading water. I'll never catch the guy in front of me, but that's okay--I'm still having a great time. image
  • Bob-Those 83's look so sharp. The white of the borders seem so bright. Congrats.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
    Pretty ridiculous that Bernie Williams gets 9.6% of the votes for the HOF this year and someone requests him for the Future HOF set. We've also recently seen the likes of no-shot candidates like Dave Parker, Dale Murphy and Pete Rose added. Come on people. Do some research on HOF voting and eligibility before you dub someone a "future Hall-of-Famer." Ughhh.
    Traded for this guy with a fellow board member. Always fun to trade for cards you want.

• oh my!
    Nice Wizard Matt!!! Here's one I picked up for a decent price of a fellow board member. I bought this card because it had great eye appeal. It looks like it has a small surface wrinkle on the right side of Santo's head.

• WOW! That Santo card is gorgeous. I can't believe it only got a 5.5
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Love that Santo!!!

• bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    Nice cards Bob. Ever notice how much better Sutter looked in a Cardinals uniform image
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Nice Bob! i was looking at the rankings last night and saw that you "updated", so i had to check out what new nuggets you picked up image
    Oops. One more nugget (Ozzie also looks better in a Cardinals uniform):