Home U.S. Coin Forum

Latest VAM Finds?

Comments

• I found a 1921 pcgs-64 vam-13 in my coins i've had for ever. So you see you can still find vams in your own coins from time to time.
  • hey I actually got a peace dollar right!image
    bought one for my son the other day and thought it was a 1924 1w ( has the n clash on obverse) but the reverse does not have the clipped shoulder) so now do not know what it is!
    steve

myCCset
  • Newcomp103Newcomp103 Posts: 2,223
    1897-P....Is this a Vam 7?....I tried to compared it to vamworld...but I am not 100% sure. Any help is appreciated. thanks!

Shawn

• I'm a little new here....what is VAM?
    -Rome is Burning

• << <i>I'm a little new here....what is VAM? >>

I'm not great a describing things, so here's a good place to start.

VamWorld

Just letting you know that Vams can become addicting. image
  • Top50SetBuilderTop50SetBuilder Posts: 941 ✭✭✭
    that last sentence is WAY too true.

• << <i>that last sentence is WAY too true. >>

Life member of the SSDC
  • CoxeCoxe Posts: 11,139
    Nah. I can stop anytime I want. image
    Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member

• << <i>Nah. I can stop anytime I want. image >>

You wish image
  • Next..... image
  • nice vam 1D!image where do you find all these goodies?image
    steve

myCCset
    if it were a 63 id be interested
  • 1880-S Vam 10,8/7
    1892-O Vam 12A, 9 in hair.
  • Hey Johnimage nice pickups!
    steve

myCCset
  • Thanks Steve,You know Thursday is B&M day.And a good one it was.image
  • lkrarecoinslkrarecoins Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭
    Picked up a nice Top100 coin, an 1887-O Vam 2 Doubled Date in an Original XF...not a super rare coin, but the nicest Vam 2 i've cherrypicked to date...

In Loving Memory of my Dad......My best friend, My inspiration, and My Coin Collecting Partner

"La Vostra Nonna Ha Faccia Del Fungo"
  • blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to happy with a couple of my closeups but here is a 1886 VAM 1G (I think) I got recently. Actually I got 2 of them, both PCGS 64.

Recent pick up of my dads

Another of mine

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
    Long Beach --

1878 VAM-7 NGC MS60 (undergraded)
    1878 VAM-100 PCGS MS64
    1878 VAM-203 PCGS MS65
    1880-CC VAM-6 GSA
    1881-O VAM-5 NGC MS62PL
    1883-CC VAM-8A GSA
    1884-O VAM-5C PCGS MS64
    1892 VAM-3A PCGS MS64

(Got screwed at at the Heritage sale on the 1899-S VAM-7 PCGS MS66.)
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is the second 1g I mentioned. I really like clashes if you couldnt tell. The one I posted 2 posts above doesnt have the obvious clashing around the lips, wonder if I am getting that one wrong.

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
    Today @ cleveland show:
    1925 VAM 1A MS 64 NGC - $41
  • cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today @ the San Antonio show. 1890-O VAM-10 'Comet' F-12.

And...the biggie. 1901-O VAM-42 Micro O. Yeah, it's a cleaned counterfeit coin with a big reverse planchet flaw, but who cares?

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just two at Long Beach this week:

1878 7/8TF Strong VAM 42 PCGS MS63
    1921-D VAM 1N "Unicorn" in Raw MS61 with super lustre
    When in doubt, don't.
    1901-O VAM-42 Micro O. Congrats on this coin, CMERLO....You have a super rare coin there that I've had my sights on....Great snag!
    In Loving Memory of my Dad......My best friend, My inspiration, and My Coin Collecting Partner

• coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm waitin' for wolf359 to report on this one. Sure looks like A1n reverse 8TF. The big Q is: VAM 14.9, 14.13 or 14.16?

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• moosesrmoosesr Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭

<< <i>And...the biggie. 1901-O VAM-42 Micro O >>

image I have never seen one of those before, I thought it was just a rumor that they existed. Maybe you could add that picture to the VAMworld site.

<< <i>

<< <i>And...the biggie. 1901-O VAM-42 Micro O >>

image I have never seen one of those before, I thought it was just a rumor that they existed. Maybe you could add that picture to the VAMworld site. >>

Pic added. I noticed there wasn't one there, but forgot I could do that!

Now...do I keep it, or sell it? image
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • erroiderroid Posts: 795
    Here's a recent goodie that I've sent off to LVA.... 91O V-1A1 with obv rim cuds.... Any of you VAMmers seen anything like this?
    John G Bradley II
  • Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭
    And...the biggie. 1901-O VAM-42 Micro O. Yeah, it's a cleaned counterfeit coin with a big reverse planchet flaw, but who cares?

<< <i>And...the biggie. 1901-O VAM-42 Micro O. Yeah, it's a cleaned counterfeit coin with a big reverse planchet flaw, but who cares?

image >>

Yessssss......that's #4 for me! Thank you!
    Now...do I keep it, or sell it? I wouldn't!!! Too great of a coin...But, it is yours, so do what u like image

erroid, you may have a new discovery there....the half dozen or so 91-O Clashes that I own have no CUDS of that nature...Awesomely cool

• << <i>Now...do I keep it, or sell it? I wouldn't!!! Too great of a coin...But, it is yours, so do what u like image >>

How many of these are known to exist? What would the estimated value be of cmerlo1's example?
    no that wont get a new VAM. The hot lips has a similiar cud. But since it doesnt reach the field, it wont be a new vam.

• << <i>How many of these are known to exist? What would the estimated value be of cmerlo1's example? >>

TTT for any Vam people that are one image
    "no that wont get a new VAM. The hot lips has a similiar cud. But since it doesnt reach the field, it wont be a new vam."

I sent it in to LVA for that very reason; 3 peaks of the cud go into the denticles: between 1st star and the neck point, under the 1 and under the 8. Yeah, I know that he won't attribute rim cuds; I know damned well, that I have never seen another.
    John G Bradley II

<< <i>"no that wont get a new VAM. The hot lips has a similiar cud. But since it doesnt reach the field, it wont be a new vam."

I sent it in to LVA for that very reason; 3 peaks of the cud go into the denticles: between 1st star and the neck point, under the 1 and under the 8. Yeah, I know that he won't attribute rim cuds; I know damned well, that I have never seen another. >>

I sent that one in too before. Ash showed me his on Friday too. They are neat, not rare, and won't get a new discovery designation.
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
    "I sent that one in too before. Ash showed me his on Friday too. They are neat, not rare, and won't get a new discovery designation."

Thanks for the imput; I tend to get more rejections than VAMs from Leroy anyway....

John G Bradley II
  • Nice strike thru in the hair too......
  • Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm waitin' for wolf359 to report on this one. Sure looks like A1n reverse 8TF. The big Q is: VAM 14.9, 14.13 or 14.16? >>

The dirt fooled everyone (including two people who sent messages about it agreeing it was an A1N reverse). Coin in hand, under scope...

Plain Jane

VAM-14 image
  • gtstanggtstang Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you see it?
  • DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the Sunday Heritage internet-only portion of the Long Beach sale I got:

1880 VAM 10 overdate PCGS-64
    1880 VAM 11 checkmark PCGS-64
    1880 VAM 11 checkmark PCGS-64
    1880 "mystery checkmark" PCGS-64 that isn't VAM 11, 16 or 29. I can't wait to get this one back in hand and figure out what it is.
    1882-O VAM 7 PCGS-64
    1889-O VAM 6 PCI-61 (probably only MS61 at PCGS, but it really is Unc.)
    When in doubt, don't.

<< <i>Can you see it?
    image >>

REAL REAL REAL late die state tail on o?
  • direwolf1972direwolf1972 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭
    1884 O VAM-5C in PCGS MS64 OGH Just picked up, photos later.
    1890 CC VAM-9A raw, photos in another thread.
    I'll see your bunny with a pancake on his head and raise you a Siamese cat with a miniature pumpkin on his head.

You wouldn't believe how long it took to get him to sit still for this.

<< <i>Can you see it?
    image >>

Moustache?
    that would be tough considering theres no 1922 there.

<< <i>that would be tough considering theres no 1922 there. >>

Hard for me to read the dates...I thought the 5th coin may be...
    i will give you that the toning makes it look like a scar cheek
  • BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Can you see it?
    image >>

Moustache? >>

Scarface, lower right. Nice pickup.
    thats not a scarface. its a 1925.
  • direwolf1972direwolf1972 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭
    I thought I might see two that look like "whisker cheek" but hard to tell for sure.
    I'll see your bunny with a pancake on his head and raise you a Siamese cat with a miniature pumpkin on his head.

You wouldn't believe how long it took to get him to sit still for this.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file