Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

The Official Basketball HOF Autographs Thread

Comments

• Options

<< <i>Just had some grades pop on my HOF/NBA 50 Greatest Collection...

GEM MINT 10 1999 UPPER DECK RETRO INKREDIBLE JH JOHN HAVLICEK INKREDIBLE Card US
    MINT 9 2000 UPPER DECK LEGENDS LEGENDARY SIGNATURES EH ELVIN HAYES LEGENDARY SIGNATURES Card US
    NEAR MINT 7 2001 FLEER GREATS OF THE GAME AUTOGRAPHS PAUL ARIZIN AUTOGRAPHS Card US
    MINT 9 1999 UPPER DECK CENTURY LEGENDS EPIC SIGNATURES BC BOB COUSY EPIC SIGNATURES Card US
    NEAR MINT+ 7.5 2000 UPPER DECK LEGENDS LEGENDARY SIGNATURES EB ELGIN BAYLOR LEGENDARY SIGNATURES Card US

I honestly may end up moving the Havlicek, as I will probably net enough money to buy the card again and a couple others. Kind of disappointed in the Baylor and Arizin as I thought they were 8/9, but both had a corner that was slightly questionable. Overall I am happy. >>

Nice grades!!
    The GOTG set can sometimes look MINT, but many times a corner has a ding, I would think your Arizin probably has one.
    The 2001 Legends(Baylor) is a really condition sensitive set, the edges easily have chipping.

I dislike that PSA is not consistent in the years it gives the legends set of 2000 and 2001, so the POP report is messed up on these sets.
    it even has the same set as 2 different registry sets.

Like the 2000 set(Hayes) before they would use 2000 mostly, but now mostly 1999, they used 2000 on your Hayes so I guess being inconsistent continues.
    UD calls it 2000 and beckett now calls the set 2000-01
    This is why it is listed twice on the registry
    what they use before
    2000 Upper Deck Century Legends Legendary Signatures
    http://www.psacard.com/set_registry/display_rsets.chtml?setid=1479
    and now
    1999-00 Upper Deck Legends Legendary Signatures
    http://www.psacard.com/set_registry/display_rsets.chtml?setid=6028
    PSA even adds cards from the 2001 set on the registry list(GARNETT,VANDEWEGHE,BRYANT,FRANCIS)

The 2001 set(Baylor) before they would use 2001, UD would call it 2000-01, Beckett 2001
    Now UD uses 2001, beckett uses 2001-02, and PSA mostly uses 2000 like they used on the Baylor.
    On the registry all the subsets are listed as 2001-02, except the regular auto set since it is not even in the Registry, probably because of the confused of the years.

I tried to make them do the corrections years ago, but they basically ignored me and didn't care.
    Looking for in PSA graded
    1. 75-76 Topps Keith/Jamaal Wilkes in Psa 8+
    2. 1971-72 Trio stickers PSA 8+
    3. BSKB 1977-78 topps psa 10

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Action Packed HOF Autos(need elvin hayes,both bill bradley,and the 1st bill walton)
    2001 and 2005 Greats of the Game
    UD=retro,epic,legends,legendary,generations and chronology
    2006 Topps Style 1952 Fan Favorites Autos #/10 (Refractor Autos)
    Press Pass Legends
  • Options
    DrJDrJ Posts: 2,213
    Got this Clyde Drexler today for my NBA 50 greatest collection...

• Options
    Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    Nice card Justin! Drexler has a great signature
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!
  • Options
    Nice auto Justin!

Thats what its all about, a super clean auto image

Keep up the great work, but please don't bump me down on the set registry image

Just kidding, I hope you keep bumping me down, because thats were all the fun is. I got 10 cards out for grading right now, please get 20 graded, so I can send in 30, then you can send 40 image I tell you, its getting more and more exiting here image

Giovanni
  • Options
    Got a couple of new HOFers this week.

Alex English...

Chuck Daly...

These UD Black cards are some of the thickest I have ever seen. I am not sure if PSA will even holder these bad boys due to their thickness. We are talking somewhere between 5 and 6 normal cards thick.
  • Options
    Justin,

Nice cards as always! Do the UD Black cards have sticker autos or on-card. I can't really tell from any of the cards I've seen. PSA does have a new slab for "thick" cards, but I am pretty sure they have to be submitted different and are a little more expensive to grade.
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options

<< <i>Justin,

Nice cards as always! Do the UD Black cards have sticker autos or on-card. I can't really tell from any of the cards I've seen. PSA does have a new slab for "thick" cards, but I am pretty sure they have to be submitted different and are a little more expensive to grade. >>

The UD black are all on card autos. In my opinion the product is a total rip off. Boxes are $300, and you get 2 packs of one card each.

I won the Daly for $10. Not a $150 value by any stretch of the imagination.
  • Options
    Nice looking autos Justin!

Are you gona get those bad boys graded soon?

Whats up Reese?

Giovanni
  • Options
    Wow! Just got done looking at the UD Black checklist, and there is no way I could pay $150 per pack! Unless you pull a Jordan, Russell, or something with a low serial number it would be hard to break even. They are some nice looking cards though.

What up Gio image
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options

<< <i>Wow! Just got done looking at the UD Black checklist, and there is no way I could pay $150 per pack! Unless you pull a Jordan, Russell, or something with a low serial number it would be hard to break even. They are some nice looking cards though.

What up Gio image >>

Nothing much Reese, just dying to get my cards back from PSA image

I sent in 10 autos, and will do a youtube video when I break the box open. I'm expecting a few very low grades because of some sensative sets, but hope to get a few high grades image

I'm actualy expecting 2 cards to come back like 4's or 5's image I just thought i'd protect the auto on the card, I couldn't care less about card grade, but lets see what happens anyway, you just never know with these graders.

Giovanni
  • Options
    Did you submit them under the special? If so, be ready to wait several months!
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options

<< <i>Did you submit them under the special? If so, be ready to wait several months! >>

Funny you say that as I just got my grades back quicker on the special then my 6 free 7 day turnaround renewal subs. PSA does not seem to get to the submissions in first in first out order.
  • Options
    Well thats good news! Hopefully I can get mine back that fast
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    Reese,

The 10 cards I sent in were at the March $12/10 day special. Hope to get them in a week or two image

Justin,

Was your order the $5 special? How fast did it come? Isen't it supposed to be 45 business days or something? A buddy of mine told me his took about 10 days, is this true???

I know I have until the end of the month for the $5 special, hope I make the deadline.

Giovanni
  • Options

<< <i>Reese,

The 10 cards I sent in were at the March $12/10 day special. Hope to get them in a week or two image

Justin,

Was your order the $5 special? How fast did it come? Isen't it supposed to be 45 business days or something? A buddy of mine told me his took about 10 days, is this true???

I know I have until the end of the month for the $5 special, hope I make the deadline.

Giovanni >>

Yep, it was the $5 special. Grades popped in about 6 business days. I will probably get together one more submission on the special.

J
  • Options
    GOODLIEUGOODLIEU Posts: 629 ✭✭
    Justin, you might be interested in the Magic Johnson auto I currently have up on the Bay.

Art
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Reese,

Justin,

Giovanni >>

Yep, it was the $5 special. Grades popped in about 6 business days. I will probably get together one more submission on the special.

J >>

WOW, that sounds great!!!!! image

Whats the odds that I send in cards for the $5 special and they'll take 6 business days? Does this happen often? I sure hope so.

I'll definetly get those cards out before the end of this month, don't want to miss out on this great special. I sent the $12 special the last second image It was postmarked the last day of the 31st and I also went to the post office as they were closing at around 6:50 pm, they close at 7:00, others close at 5:00 pm, so I had to rush to that one. I got that submission ready in like half hour, and I sure hope everything was ok with it.

Giovanni
  • Options

<< <i>Justin, you might be interested in the Magic Johnson auto I currently have up on the Bay.

EBAY Magic Auto

Art >>

I am interested in that card. I will put it on my watch list.

J
  • Options
    Well its official Ewing/Olajuwon and Dantley are in as players in the Hall Of Fame. DJ should have been elected also but at least they finally put in Dantley. The following cards will be put in my registry set when PSA adds their names.

• Options
    By the waythe EBAY auction below is sheer insanity especially if you consider that it is just a matter of time before Chuckie signs a huge contract with Topps or Upper Deck and floods the market with that scribble he calls a Autograph.

Barkley Auto
  • Options
    I picked these two HOFers up last week on EBAY. Denny Crum(Coach) signed in pen and C M Newton signed in sharpie(Contributor). The cards are in really nice shape and hopefully will grade out to a PSA 7 or better.

• Options

<< <i>Well its official Ewing/Olajuwon and Dantley are in as players in the Hall Of Fame. DJ should have been elected also but at least they finally put in Dantley. The following cards will be put in my registry set when PSA adds their names.

image >>

Also received back grades from PSA/DNA on 5 signed cards I sent them. I was to be honest shocked with the results(I thought maybe I would get PSA 7&8's on most of them) . I'll post scans of them when I receive them.

Line # Item # Cert # Grade Description Type Country
    1 1 14926064 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1990 HOOPS 308 PHIL JACKSON PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    2 1 14926065 GEM MINT 10 1991 HOOPS 581 CHRIS MULLIN PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    3 1 14926066 GEM MINT 10 1993 ACTION PACKED HALL OF FAME 3 DAVE BING PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    4 1 14926067 MINT 9 1993 ACTION PACKED HALL OF FAME 33 JACK TWYMAN PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    5 1 14926068 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1993 ACTION PACKED HALL OF FAME 55 PETE NEWELL PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
  • Options
    Just got this Dave DeBusschere. Technically this is a post card, but I got it for $19.50 shipped which is less than the PSA authentication fee so I can't complain one bit.

• Options
    Nice Pickup Justin. Any Dave 'D" autos are worth their weight in gold since his sudden death of a heart attack 5 years ago while walking in NYC. He was and still is to this day one of the most beloved of all NYC athletes. The Center Court cards are indeed postcards but PSA counts them as cards (1 point for Authentic) and you could have it Graded for the card only at a later date and use it to full grade advantage in the Set registry if you wished. As far as these cards go the most popular signed one's for the Basketball HOF Player registry Bill Bradley, Andy Phillip,Dave DeBusschere, Pop Gates and Lusia Harris Stewart are key.
    Art
  • Options
    Nice cards guys!

Can't wait to get my order from PSA image It feels like a lifetime. I did the March $12 / 10 day special, so they should probably get graded by Friday coming. I'm probably gona get some low grades due to condition sensative sets, but I couldn't care less about the grades of the cards anyway, the auto is what counts for me.

Justin, about that PSA authentic slab, it dosen't really matter to me, I got a Chick Hearn I wana send in at some point for authentication, and I really don't care that its gona bring my set registry a 1 point grade, but really just care about having the autograph, not really a grade freak, I think its all about the card and auto, not so much the grade of the piece of cardboard.

I think you can be a card grade freak when it comes to vintage cards, because its so hard to get a vintage card in high grade. They made 1000's and maybe even million's of vintage cards, so thats why having high grades of a certain card can bring big bucks. But when it comes to autos these days, I really don't think the card grade counts, only the auto itself.

I'm not just talking about low serial numbered cards, or even high serial numbered cards, i'm talking about basicly any autograph cards from 99 to present, they weren't made by the 1000's, accept for maybe some from 99 or even 00, not positive, but with years going by they just keep making less production run.

So basicly a vintage cards that was producted about 5,000,000 of them and you got 5 in Mint 9 grade and 2 in 10's, then your talking the grade counts, but when you got an auto card that theirs 500 or less to begin with, who really cares about grades? What the use of having a PSA 10 card of these modern autographs cards, when the auto looks like it would even pass as an 8 if it were to be graded??? I'm pretty much happy with any card grade, as long as the autographs looks like a PSA 11! image

Alright, looks like i've typed to much for one post, so maybe later.

Giovanni
  • Options

<< <i>Nice cards guys!

Can't wait to get my order from PSA image It feels like a lifetime. I did the March $12 / 10 day special, so they should probably get graded by Friday coming. I'm probably gona get some low grades due to condition sensative sets, but I couldn't care less about the grades of the cards anyway, the auto is what counts for me.

Justin, about that PSA authentic slab, it dosen't really matter to me, I got a Chick Hearn I wana send in at some point for authentication, and I really don't care that its gona bring my set registry a 1 point grade, but really just care about having the autograph, not really a grade freak, I think its all about the card and auto, not so much the grade of the piece of cardboard.

I think you can be a card grade freak when it comes to vintage cards, because its so hard to get a vintage card in high grade. They made 1000's and maybe even million's of vintage cards, so thats why having high grades of a certain card can bring big bucks. But when it comes to autos these days, I really don't think the card grade counts, only the auto itself.

I'm not just talking about low serial numbered cards, or even high serial numbered cards, i'm talking about basicly any autograph cards from 99 to present, they weren't made by the 1000's, accept for maybe some from 99 or even 00, not positive, but with years going by they just keep making less production run.

So basicly a vintage cards that was producted about 5,000,000 of them and you got 5 in Mint 9 grade and 2 in 10's, then your talking the grade counts, but when you got an auto card that theirs 500 or less to begin with, who really cares about grades? What the use of having a PSA 10 card of these modern autographs cards, when the auto looks like it would even pass as an 8 if it were to be graded??? I'm pretty much happy with any card grade, as long as the autographs looks like a PSA 11! image

Alright, looks like i've typed to much for one post, so maybe later.

Giovanni >>

How about the actual size of the autograph. This DeBusschere is big and bold. Does that have more appeal to you?
  • Options
    << How about the actual size of the autograph. This DeBusschere is big and bold. Does that have more appeal to you? >>

Justin,

Nothing wrong with that card, I like it, its cool, but I wouldn't use it for my set registry. I think they set regitry should only be with actualy cards, not huge bulky things IMO.

I think its a cool item to own, but what i'm trying to say is that I wouldn't use it in my registry. I wouldn't mind owing it, and especialy for the price you paid, which makes no sense to me how people could sell things for so cheap, when the price to slab it is more, never could understand that, lol.

I think postcards belong in postcard collctions, and actual cards belong in a card collection, of course this is just my opinion, eveybody does what they want, i'm just sharing what I do and what I think.

I really don't think the size of the autograph really counts. If the size counted it would have sold for way more, and the Legends autos keep selling between $150 and $200. It books for $225 now and going up.

I think the collector always looks for autographed cards, and not so much other items. If they did, Wilt Chamberlain post card autos would sell for close to $2,000 as his cards always do, while postcard items or anything else really could be had for between $150 to maybe $300???

Like I said, you got a great looking DeBusschere which I wouldn't mind owing, and a super great price, but what i'm saying is that I wouldn't add that to my set registry.

I got a DeBusschere Legends auto thats coming back from PSA, so if you would want to trade or buy, no problem. I'm only giving my opinion, and I meantion that because I don't want some people to start crying because of my opinion, not saying you, just some people always love to talk trash on the computer whenever you give your opinion.

Alrigh Justin, talk to ya later.

Giovanni
  • Options
    How much would those 1992 Center Court autographs cost of the rare players?

Did those cards come signed already by the card company? Or do they have unsigned cards too? How did that work?

I think i've seen unsigned ones, but not sure.

Are there anyway to find the production run for some of them?

Theres this guy that has some of these and wanted to know before buying one. The players that don't have certified autos of course, lol.

Giovanni
  • Options

<< <i>How much would those 1992 Center Court autographs cost of the rare players?Don't know

Did those cards come signed already by the card company? Or do they have unsigned cards too? How did that work?people get them signed

I think i've seen unsigned ones, but not sure.

Are there anyway to find the production run for some of them?they were released in set form by the HOF, numbered out of 10,000

Theres this guy that has some of these and wanted to know before buying one. The players that don't have certified autos of course, lol.

Giovanni >>

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Action Packed HOF Autos(need elvin hayes,both bill bradley,and the 1st bill walton)
    Press Pass Legends
  • Options

<< <i>By the waythe EBAY auction below is sheer insanity especially if you consider that it is just a matter of time before Chuckie signs a huge contract with Topps or Upper Deck and floods the market with that scribble he calls a Autograph.

Barkley Auto >>

That Barkley auto will always be valuable, since those Autographic sets have a huge following. Like the Nash goes for a lot of money even thou he now signs for UD.
    UD recently stated that Barkley wants to much money to sign and that is the reason why they don't have him signing.

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Press Pass Legends
  • Options
    Mex,

You know anything about those 1992 Center Court cards?

Giovanni
  • Options

<< <i>Mex,

Giovanni >>

look at my post 2 above in bold

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Press Pass Legends
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Mex,

Giovanni >>

look at my post 2 above in bold >>

Oh, thanks Mex, I didn't see that, I thought you tried to respond to it but it didn't post or something.

Thats pretty good numbers, only 10,000, but i'm sure less than 500 were actualy autographed or something?

Who do you think signed the most or the least?

Any past sales on these cards for any player?

Thanks again man!

Giovanni
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>By the waythe EBAY auction below is sheer insanity especially if you consider that it is just a matter of time before Chuckie signs a huge contract with Topps or Upper Deck and floods the market with that scribble he calls a Autograph.

Barkley Auto >>

That Barkley auto will always be valuable, since those Autographic sets have a huge following. Like the Nash goes for a lot of money even thou he now signs for UD.
    UD recently stated that Barkley wants to much money to sign and that is the reason why they don't have him signing. >>

You know I agree with you about the card itself being valuable to collectors of the set but the problem I have with this particular card is that the slab is for the Auto grade only and lets say for the sake of argument that the buyer has it reslabbed with a card grade. If that card does not grade out to at least a PSA 8 he has really over paid for the card. As it is currently slabbed he cant even enter it in a Card Set registry only a Autograph set. I have the regular Barkley Autographic in my HOF set and it graded out a PSA 5 due to a crease that was on it right out of a pack. Maybe Chuckie is a little rough on them when signing no big deal but I am very skeptical of a card such as that being send in for authentication rather than grading because the persons who owned it knew it probably may have done mediocre when the card was graded. By the way the fact that PSA/DNA makes you pay $20.00 for Authentication/Grading for cards before 1998 is a joke but thats a debate for another day. Anyway that was my take on that auction.
  • Options
    By the way I am less than surprised that the Chuckster is holding out for a Kings ransom to sign some cards for collectors thats just him. Ill tell you a funny story a couple of years ago my daughter was in Vegas with a couple of friends when the bartenter in one of the Casinos approached their group and said that they had a round of drinks from the large man at the other end of the club. Guess who? LOL anyway he struck out with them (Too Old was thier reason) but my daughter gave me a coaster with the infamous scribble that is worth thousands???. LOL What a world.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Mex,

Giovanni >>

Oh, thanks Mex, I didn't see that, I thought you tried to respond to it but it didn't post or something.

Thats pretty good numbers, only 10,000, but i'm sure less than 500 were actualy autographed or something?

Thanks again man!

Giovanni >>

As far as I know people are still sending them to get signed by the players that are still alive.

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Press Pass Legends
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Mex,

Giovanni >>

Thanks again man!

Giovanni >>

As far as I know people are still sending them to get signed by the players that are still alive. >>

What do you think about the players who have passed away? Any print run off the top of your head, or any kind of value, or past sales or whatever.

Giovanni
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Barkley Auto >>

UD recently stated that Barkley wants to much money to sign and that is the reason why they don't have him signing. >>

You know I agree with you about the card itself being valuable to collectors of the set but the problem I have with this particular card is that the slab is for the Auto grade only and lets say for the sake of argument that the buyer has it reslabbed with a card grade. If that card does not grade out to at least a PSA 8 he has really over paid for the card. As it is currently slabbed he cant even enter it in a Card Set registry only a Autograph set. I have the regular Barkley Autographic in my HOF set and it graded out a PSA 5 due to a crease that was on it right out of a pack. Maybe Chuckie is a little rough on them when signing no big deal but I am very skeptical of a card such as that being send in for authentication rather than grading because the persons who owned it knew it probably may have done mediocre when the card was graded. By the way the fact that PSA/DNA makes you pay $20.00 for Authentication/Grading for cards before 1998 is a joke but thats a debate for another day. Anyway that was my take on that auction. >>

Yeah I know what you mean, I rarely see this card so I don't really know how much it goes for raw 600-750?
    In away a dealer who knows the tricks, can trim a card to look nice, and then have the auto graded only.

Have you seen some dealers write 1/1 on some auto cards and then have only the auto graded, then they sell it as a 1/1?
    I have seen this on a Ripken RC,1987 Fleer Drexler buy back auto from 2004, and also a legends kobe that MINT State was selling, he kept on telling me I was wrong, that by the card being authenticated it made the card legit 1/1, when even PSA/DNA says that it is only for the auto. I even showed him another one on ebay being sold with no numbering(probably back doored), since these cards are suppose to be out of /100.
    the pics of the Kobe
    and a Scan of the one with no numbering

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Press Pass Legends
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Mex,

Giovanni >>

Thanks again man!

Giovanni >>

As far as I know people are still sending them to get signed by the players that are still alive. >>

What do you think about the players who have passed away? Any print run off the top of your head, or any kind of value, or past sales or whatever.

Giovanni >>

I don't really follow them, But from I have seen several collectors seem to be getting as many cards as they can autographed, the reason I say this is because I have seen a bunch of times ebay sellers, selling a bunch at the same time,

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Press Pass Legends
  • Options

<< <i>By the way the fact that PSA/DNA makes you pay $20.00 for Authentication/Grading for cards before 1998 is a joke but thats a debate for another day. Anyway that was my take on that auction. >>

I agree, they should allow some sets, like sets that have no real history of fakes. Most of the fakes I see from pre-1998 are from those college sets(Iverson,etc) since many of those cards can still be found unsigned.
    Plus if an auto from a pre-1998 set is fake, it can easily be a set post-1998.

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Press Pass Legends
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Barkley Auto >>

You know I agree with you about the card itself being valuable to collectors of the set but the problem I have with this particular card is that the slab is for the Auto grade only and lets say for the sake of argument that the buyer has it reslabbed with a card grade. If that card does not grade out to at least a PSA 8 he has really over paid for the card. As it is currently slabbed he cant even enter it in a Card Set registry only a Autograph set. I have the regular Barkley Autographic in my HOF set and it graded out a PSA 5 due to a crease that was on it right out of a pack. Maybe Chuckie is a little rough on them when signing no big deal but I am very skeptical of a card such as that being send in for authentication rather than grading because the persons who owned it knew it probably may have done mediocre when the card was graded. By the way the fact that PSA/DNA makes you pay $20.00 for Authentication/Grading for cards before 1998 is a joke but thats a debate for another day. Anyway that was my take on that auction. >>

Yeah I know what you mean, I rarely see this card so I don't really know how much it goes for raw 600-750?
    In away a dealer who knows the tricks, can trim a card to look nice, and then have the auto graded only.

Have you seen some dealers write 1/1 on some auto cards and then have only the auto graded, then they sell it as a 1/1?
    I have seen this on a Ripken RC,1987 Fleer Drexler buy back auto from 2004, and also a legends kobe that MINT State was selling, he kept on telling me I was wrong, that by the card being authenticated it made the card legit 1/1, when even PSA/DNA says that it is only for the auto. I even showed him another one on ebay being sold with no numbering(probably back doored), since these cards are suppose to be out of /100.
    the pics of the Kobe
    and a Scan of the one with no numbering
    image >>

Good point. I did not even consider that but the uninformed buyers on EBAY see PSA 10 and they have no clue as to what their buying. Authentic/PSA 10 Auto Grade only=Big dollar PSA 10 Card to them. Your right this is ripe for misuse.
  • Options

<< <i>By the way I am less than surprised that the Chuckster is holding out for a Kings ransom to sign some cards for collectors thats just him. Ill tell you a funny story a couple of years ago my daughter was in Vegas with a couple of friends when the bartenter in one of the Casinos approached their group and said that they had a round of drinks from the large man at the other end of the club. Guess who? LOL anyway he struck out with them (Too Old was thier reason) but my daughter gave me a coaster with the infamous scribble that is worth thousands???. LOL What a world. >>

image, Thanks for sharing that story, I can just picture him!!

Barkley had actually agreed to sign with Fleer in 2004?, before Fleer going out of business, They were actually using him to promote the Fleer Basketball brand, even then they were limiting his autos, with redemption's that never got made. I would assume he never got paid

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Press Pass Legends
  • Options
    I remember the Fleer deal and he did not get paid according to what I read somewhere. The problem is he wants Jordan/Kobe/Lebron type money and he is not going to get it. I think sooner or later he will capitulate and settle for less. Take care past my bedtime on the East coast.
  • Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Joe. I was invited to this thread a couple months ago by Giovanni.. Geo yeah this is Joe.. I read every single post on this thread and found out that everyone here has their own way of collecting HOF auto's, which I respect and enjoy seeing. Since the last time I spoke to you (geo) I sold off my 03 Legends Inscriptions set and tried for a more rare set. I'm still in progress on that NBA TOP FIFTY AUTO'S IN BGS 9.5/10 OR BETTER and on card auto's with exceptions.. I am currently (15) away from my ultimate goal. I currently have (5) BGS 10/10's and (30) 9.5/10'S.. The set I started collectind is the ULTRA RARE 2000 Legends Gold auto set /25. Man these almost never come up for auction and when it does..... The Lucas just ended at $460.. Once you get your first one in hand it's addicting and you'll want more..

WILT CHAMBERLAIN..
    I read in this post about Wilt Chamberlain Auto's. Someone stated here about why was it so much in value and that there are thousands of his Epic and Retro out there. At one point thats what I thought. So I started buying boxes thinking I would get a fair chance at pulling a WILT then pulling a GERVIN. Well I was wrong as well as that post. Below is an article about the exact numbers of Wilt cards that was produced and inserted into packs. I'll give you the numbers below but you have to read it for yourself to believe it. After reading the numbers It made me appreciate the two I have even more(retro 9.5/10 and epic gold /100 bgs 9/10).. Below is a link to the article.

Chamberlain Auto numbers..

EPIC-137
    EPIC GOLD-100
    RETRO-225
    RETRO GOLD-13

article
    http://www.beckett.com/estore/news/?s=1&eskin=beckett&a=218

Also their was something about the Wilt Auto on the Retro Gold /13 psa 10 that is listed (which is my dream card). Yes I always want a perfect autograph and would prefer a BGS 9/10auto then a BGS 9.5/9auto, but in some situations which is really rare you have to take to consideration the rarity of the card. The auto did turn me off in some sort on that card but it wasn't as bad as a smeared auto. Then I thought when was the last time you ever saw that card and the answer was never. I dont think the faided auto is a negative on a card of that stature but a bright bold auto will certainly be a plus..

Thanks again Geo for inviting me here and I certainly will be here for quite some time. I am here to share my knowledge as well as gain some.

Thanks,
    -Joe

• Options
    image Joe,

You will have lots of fun on this thread, very nice people and lots of information. Are you starting a registry set anytime soon? Do you have scans of your collection? I have a few things to trade if you wanted, got a few cards coming back from PSA, can't wait for those.

Alright, talk to you later.

Giovanni
  • Options
    OH, whats up Joe??? How you been man? image

I didn't read the entire post yet before I posted, I check saw a new member so I was welcoming you. I saw you mentioned Geo, but I didn't think that was me image Most people here call me Gio, lol, so for some reason I thought there was a Geo here image I was sick all night yesterday and still feeling it, and I just woke up recently, i'm probably gona sleep it today and hope to feel better, because I feel really terrible right now.

Alright Joe, its tp have you here man, I know you got a great collection and will be fun to watch your collection grow here with everybody elses image

Alright man, gotta go for now, not feeling that great but will talk to you later!

Giovanni AKA Gio AKA Geo image
  • Options
    Joe, that Legends Gold is impossible man, I can't belive your going for that one. Those are some of the best Basketball autographs period, very nice, and congrats on that great set. What players do you have so far? Any doubles??? image

You got me going crazy trying to find that Wilt Chamberlain article, i'm looking and looking but can't find it. You got a direct link?

You know, I was told about those high numbers in the 1,000's and I actualy think you were one of the guys who told me image I heard that from around 3 guys, but if thats 100% positive with those low numbers, than those Chamberlain's are a bargin right now and will keep going up. See, with those numbers in the 1,000's I couldn't see it going up very much higher but if those numbers are true, then thats reat. Of course i'm not saying I don't belive you, but who said that?

Alright Joe, talk to you later.

Giovanni
  • Options
    Hey Gio, hope you get better. All you have to do is right click on the link and copy and paste to your email address and click enter. I just tried it and it works fine.. If you donr get through let me know.

About the 2000 Legends Gold Auto Set. I have a total of 22 pieces. I got really lucky on them and got them for over 4k. Like mentioned earlier the Lucas alone just went for $460 on eBay. If you search the completed listings, you'll find it. An almost complete set on ebay went for 10.5k cash and around 5 in trade. The seller ended it early to sell to a collector. I believe it's the closest someone has ever came to completing the set. The only card missing wa the Frazier which is impossible because there is a Super Walt Frazier collector in Australia that has 15 of them. He said he picked them up at shows, ebay when the product first came out. It was legit to, he sent me scans. Out of the 22 I have picked up so far, I gotten a couple of hard ones.. I have the Robertson, Jerry West, Havlicek, Malone, Schayes, Arizin and the ultra rare Frazier... Do you still have that Mikan All American that I really need and want for my Mikan Auto collection?

The article is from Beckett which got the info from UD.. They put it out when he passed. Looks like not to many collectors knew about it..

mY bucket. I still need to scan some cards but you can take a look. Do you still have my email? If you do email me and I'll send you the link..

Take care,
    -Joe
  • Options
    Art,

Check your email if you have a chance.

Reese
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    Thanks Reese I replied yes to your offer. Get back in touch at your earliest opportunity.
    Art