Home PSA Set Registry Forum

The Official Basketball HOF Autographs Thread

Comments

• Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    Nice card John,

I really like the Chronology. So many great HOFers who never had certified autos were released in this set. I haven't picked any up yet, but hopefully sometime soon.
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!

• << <i>Nice card John,

I really like the Chronology. So many great HOFers who never had certified autos were released in this set. I haven't picked any up yet, but hopefully sometime soon. >>

Thanks, it was about time I got one of those. I only missed the last 10, lol. I sure hope these players don't sign another million times. I hope they move on to other HOFers, and not do the same ones over and over like they do with some.

Yeah, you should definetly lock in some of these guys!

Giovanni
    There a couple other football things to pick up first, but then I will be completely focused on this set.
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333

• << <i>There a couple other football things to pick up first, but then I will be completely focused on this set. >>

Reese, how do I look at your Football set? Do you have a PSA set registry for that set? Any linky? image

Giovanni
    John,

PM sent
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    How many of these have you guys obtained personally (handing the person something to be signed then getting it back straight from them)? What's your best story?
  • Just added a couple more signatures...

Moses Malone received in the mail today:

I hate sticker autos but the price was right.

Dennis Johnson, jut purchased Buy it Now:

Figured I would pick one up while the prices are still relatively low, and he has a nice chance of making the Hall this year.
  • Hey Justin, nice looking cards, I recently purchased that same Johnson too, while its still cheap. I don't got a Malone yet, hope to add one at some point.

To the new poster. I never got a card signed in person, that would be cool to do image

Giovanni
  • Hey guys, I just made another video just in case you wanted to see it. Its a "normal" one this time, lol. I'm opening 2 packages of cards I got on ebay. Check it out if you would like image

Giovanni
  • I recently broke a box of 2006 Topps trademark moves. Overall I was happy with the break since last years boxes are about 1/3 of this years.

Got this Wilkins autograph which is my first from him.

<< <i>How many of these have you guys obtained personally (handing the person something to be signed then getting it back straight from them)? What's your best story? >>

I have got some great autos in person. Living in Indy, I've been able to meet Reggie Miller, Jermaine O'neal, Ron Artest, Al Harrington, Brad Miller, Jamaal Tinsley, Jonathan Bender, Jeff Foster, Anthony Johnson, Fred Jones and a few other Pacers at local signings. The only other basketball player I've met was Dikembe Mutombo. Jermaine O'neal was probably the nicest guy I was able to meet. He signed a jersey, magazine, and hat for me.

Some other great athletes I've been able to meet at shows are Muhammed Ali, Johnny Unitas, Gale Sayers, Willie Stargell, Ozzie Smith, Bill Willis, Leroy Kelley, Tony Dungy, Dwight Freeney, and the Indiana University team that made it to the Championship game a few years ago.
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Justin,

Nice auto! I remember the last time I tried to bid on his 2000 Legendary Signatures, I got outbit image He's a good auto to have.

Reese,

The only autograph I got signed in person was of Razor Ramon back in the mid 90's at a card show somewhere, can't remember where, but it was a big show, I know that.

I remember there was Razor Ramon and Bam Bam Bigelow, you had a choice of either guy, so I picked Razor. I remember it was so funny, there was a line going outside for Razor and there was like 4 or 5 people waiting on line for Bam Bam image I felt bad for the guy, I almost wanted to go to his line just for the heck of it, but I stayed with Razor.

The worst part about that day was loosing my autograph to a chick, lol. My best friends sister had a friend a friend with her, and she asked me if she could have my auto, so I said of course imageimage

Other than that, I never had something signed in person, or at least I don't remember. I'll think a little harder and get back to you if I remember anything, lol.

Giovanni
    Razor Ramon...LOL that brings back some good memories.

I remember being about two feet away from one of the Nasty Boys at one of the shows I was at. He seemed pretty cool.
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Well, I am kind of bummed. I didn't win the Dennis Johnson, I bid it up to $32 and still wasn't able to win. image
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333

• << <i>Well, I am kind of bummed. I didn't win the Dennis Johnson, I bid it up to $32 and still wasn't able to win. image >>

Sorry to hear that Reese, but don't worry, you will win one image

Giovanni
    I know, I have some time before the induction so I'm not too worried about it.
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333

• << <i>Well, I am kind of bummed. I didn't win the Dennis Johnson, I bid it up to $32 and still wasn't able to win. image >>

I tthink I saw the same auction. I scooped mine up on a buy it now at $25, which I thought was decent.
  • Couple of new additions...

John Havlicek Retro. He has one of the nicer signatures out there....

Also picked up the Billy Cunningham for $2.00 plus shipping. It looks very comparable to my certified version, and the price was right even if I got ripped off. Kind of tough to see since it was signed in Blue pen on a dark background.

Certified for comparison...
  • Nice additions Justin!

Join the set registry already image lol

Giovanni
    More great additions Justin!
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333

WOW Is that how much DJ is going for now?
    I think last month I was seeing them go for around $10-15
    I would think that with patience you might be able to get one for around that price
    Looking for in PSA graded
    1. 75-76 Topps Keith/Jamaal Wilkes in Psa 8+
    2. 1971-72 Trio stickers PSA 8+
    3. BSKB 1977-78 topps psa 10

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Action Packed HOF Autos(need elvin hayes,both bill bradley,and the 1st bill walton)
    2001 and 2005 Greats of the Game
    UD=retro,epic,legends,legendary,generations and chronology
    2006 Topps Style 1952 Fan Favorites Autos #/10 (Refractor Autos)
    Press Pass Legends
  • Reese,

Since you bid $32 for the Dennis Johnson auto and you got outbid, why don't you check out these 3 cards I found for you:

1. $22.00

2. $25.00

3. $29.99

Check them out, you might want to pick one up while its still cheap, and I figured since you put a $32 bid, you wouldn't mind those 3 prices.

Mexisar,

So, is that Dennis Johnson 03-04 Legends Championship Numbers for sale or trade, or trade and cash? I have a few cards that you might be interestead if you would like to trade and cash, or whatever. Please let me know either way.

Also, what does your collection look like? I love to look at peoples collections, and seeing that great card you got there, i'm sure you got more great cards, and it would be nice to see them.

Are you considering joining the PSA set registry for this HOF autos set? It sure would be nice to see some great cards that you got image

I think theres 2 or 3 guys here thats about to join, hopefully you can too!

Giovanni

• << <i>

Mexisar,

So, is that Dennis Johnson 03-04 Legends Championship Numbers for sale or trade, or trade and cash? I have a few cards that you might be interestead if you would like to trade and cash, or whatever. Please let me know either way.

Also, what does your collection look like? I love to look at peoples collections, and seeing that great card you got there, i'm sure you got more great cards, and it would be nice to see them.

Are you considering joining the PSA set registry for this HOF autos set? It sure would be nice to see some great cards that you got image

Giovanni >>

I am collecting the Championship Numbers set so I need the Dennis Johnson, I saw one for sale last year, it went for around $1700, who knows how much the winner was willing to pay since they are also collecting the championship numbers and the DJ is the SP of the set #/3

Probably in the future I will join the HOF Autos Registry, I do have some that I have bought graded that I could add, just need the time...

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Action Packed HOF Autos(need elvin hayes,both bill bradley,and the 1st bill walton)
    Press Pass Legends

• << <i>

<< <i>

Mexisar,

Giovanni >>

I am collecting the Championship Numbers set so I need the Dennis Johnson, I saw one for sale last year, it went for around $1700, who knows how much the winner was willing to pay since they are also collecting the championship numbers and the DJ is the SP of the set #/3

Probably in the future I will join the HOF Autos Registry, I do have some that I have bought graded that I could add, just need the time... >>

Oh, thats cool, it would be cool if you joined image

WOW, thats to much money for me image. But is sure is a sweet card. Congrats on getting such a cool card!

What other high end autos do you have? For having a card like that I would suspect that you have other nockout cards, lol.

Alright Mex, nice talking to ya, and hope you can join soon. Its really fast and easy to add cards.

Giovanni
    John,

Thanks for posting the links to the other Dennis Johnson autos. I dont know why, but they didn't show up when I did my search. I am broke right now, and will have to wait a little bit before I pick up anything.
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333

• << <i>John,

Thanks for posting the links to the other Dennis Johnson autos. I dont know why, but they didn't show up when I did my search. I am broke right now, and will have to wait a little bit before I pick up anything. >>

No problem!

Yeah man, me too, lol, I have no money in my paypal right now image

Theres nothing up right now that I want anyway(thank God) image

Giovanni
    >>

>>

Mex,

How are you doing with that set? Are there any other short prints with less than #3 in that set?
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Hi Art,
    I just won your Thurmond, Issel, and Murphy autos tonight. I can't wait to see them!

Mark
  • I received your Paypal payment Mark. They are packaged and I will get them out to you tomorrow.
    Art

• << <i>
    Oh, thats cool, it would be cool if you joined image

WOW, thats to much money for me image. But is sure is a sweet card. Congrats on getting such a cool card!

What other high end autos do you have? For having a card like that I would suspect that you have other nockout cards, lol.

Alright Mex, nice talking to ya, and hope you can join soon. Its really fast and easy to add cards.

Giovanni >>

Yup probably my greatest buy.
    The bidder eileen280 that paid around 7000 for a press pass auto of maravich , is the person who won the Johnson, I would not be surprise if that bidder had a bid of 5000 or higher.

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Press Pass Legends

• << <i> >>

>>

Mex,

How are you doing with that set? Are there any other short prints with less than #3 in that set? >>

Hey, DJ has the lowest, then Walton at 5, after that Russell and Erving with 6
    That is why the DJ went for so much.
    The Elvin Hayes has 11, but I have only seen one, another collector(the person that sold the DJ for 1700) that used to collect the set, plus a bunch of doubles, didn't even have Hayes.
    I have been collecting the set since it came out in June 2004
    I need 2 more, I had a deal for one that I needed, paid and everything, but seller did not send, a week later refunded me, cuz he had now sold it to someone else for more $$$.
    I was dissapointed, but then I was able to get the DJ, so hopefully I can complete it.image

I think this is the most replies I have ever seen about basketball in psa message boards image

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Press Pass Legends
  • Hey guys, wana show my latest pickup.

What do you think? Will he make it into the HOF anytime soon? I figured to pick him up before he gets in to save me some time image

Giovanni
  • Well it is with this Month's $5 special that its time to stop procrastinating and send out those Hall Of Fame Autos that you want to put up on the Registry. Unfortunatly for all of us it also when you get back cards that looked gem mint when you bought them on EBAY and the come back in a PSA 7 slab. LOL All part of the torture of trying do get quality cards. Im sending out 30 cards Monday. Good Luck All.
    Art
  • GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice AD, even in that uniform.

• << <i>Very nice AD, even in that uniform. >>

Thanks!

You know, that PSA grading special is very good image

I don't have to many cards that are 2002 and before, but I have a few. I really couldn't care less about the grade, because I have some cards from the 2001 Fleer GOTG set and they are very condition sensitive, and I really don't care if they come back PSA 5's LOL. I only want to oppertunity to put them in the set registry and to protect the autograph on the card, I really don't care to much about card grade, because after all its the auto I care more about than the card itself.

Sure, its always good to get an 8 and above, but I really couldn't care less if I get a 7 and under, as long as the card has great eye appeal and the signature on the card is near perfect image

I will try not to be lazy and get a few cards ready for grading, and do a live youtube video on me getting them ready to be shipped to PSA, and make another video when they come back to me with the grading results. It should be fun, so I will let you know when I make that video.

Giovanni
  • DrJDrJ Posts: 2,213
    Also posted this in my TTM thread. Got the chief Robert Parish in the mail today. Unfortunately the postal service bent this bad boy somewhere along the way. I sent off to his MA address, but this was actually post marked in North Carolina. He may have moved and had his mail forwarded or this is a winter home.

• Nice Parish Justin!

The last Parish I bid on I got outbid image

Giovanni
  • By the way, I got a package i've been waiting all week to open, I have no idea what it is, and I am expecting 2 or 3 more cards today, so I will check the mail and see if I get them, and do a live mail day video image

I will probably do it around 4:00 p.m.

Giovanni
    Justin,

Does Parish charge to sign TTM?
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333

<< <i>Justin,

Does Parish charge to sign TTM? >>

Nope,

He signed for free. On Sportscollectors.net this was the first success since 2003 and the first request since 2006. I have him on a 2003 UD Legends as well. Not sure if I was lucky or he doesn't mind signing.

<< <i>Well it is with this Month's $5 special that its time to stop procrastinating and send out those Hall Of Fame Autos that you want to put up on the Registry. Unfortunatly for all of us it also when you get back cards that looked gem mint when you bought them on EBAY and the come back in a PSA 7 slab. LOL All part of the torture of trying do get quality cards. Im sending out 30 cards Monday. Good Luck All.
    Art >>

I did not see the $5 special up on the PSA website. Was this in a mailing? I just renewed my membership so I may have missed the announcement.
    Wow, great success then! Might have to send him something one of these days. Here is my Parish auto that I picked up a couple years ago.

HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Nice Parish. I like it better than the two I have...

Here is my UD

Awesome card! I can't find anything about the monthy special either. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place.
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Nice Parish's guys! I want one image

Theres pleanty of guys i've tried to get before but got outbid on. Guess I gotta keep trying image

Giovanni
  • GOODLIEUGOODLIEU Posts: 629 ✭✭
    Punch in on the Home page of the Set Registry. Its in small print on left just below the Set Registry Category Tables.
    Got it. Thanks Art!

Link
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Hey guys, I made that video of my 4 packages I got, check it out if you would like image

Giovanni
  • Whats new guys? image

Giovanni
    Picked this up for $12

HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333