Home PSA Set Registry Forum

The Official Basketball HOF Autographs Thread

Comments

• I don't know if $500 for an index card is accurate. Obviously demand for his signature sky-rocketed after he got into the Hall and there were not that many out there to begin with. So that price might be close, but it seems a bit high. I might put it at $400. I think this can be thought of as the rarest NBA Player HOF autograph. Luckily I got this one a few years before he was elected and paid less than $60 for it.

I read his bio a few years ago and did some research on his college career as well as his pro career and became an instant fan. And I agree his story is incredibly sad. The best thing that came out of it was Jack Twyman's devotion to taking care of him after his injury.

I picked up a lot of newspaper clippings of the 1957-58 season a while ago. Here are some that pertain to Stokes.

Always looking for T59 Flags.
  • Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    Its too bad things like this happen. I read there was a movie about his story released in 1973. I may have to try and track it down. Those newspaper clippings are great. I've learned alot tonight about Stokes.

SMR can sometimes be off, but most of the time I've found to be pretty accurate gauge. I'm sure it would be hard to tell what some of these signatures are worth if they rarely come up for sale.

So has anyone ever seen a 57 Topps card signed by Stokes? I'm sure it would command some serious cash.
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!
    Greg,

Heres a link to another Naismith Cut. This one is a BIN of $3000, so the $5000 one we saw at the show was a way overpriced.

Naismith Cut
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Has anyone picked up anything new? My only new addition is the Charles "Stretch" Murphy bookmark I purchased from Art (Thanks again!) I plan on getting a majority of my cards graded when the next special comes up. So what's new with everyone?
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Hey Reese,

Yeah, me too, I haven't found anything new lately, but i'm pretty close. Haven't really found anything I like, but hope to get a card soon, because I go crazy, lol. image

Giovanni
  • Just got a Walt Frazier to add to my NBA 50 greatest collection. I am now up to 20 players with a handful of TTM still out. For the most part I have taken care of the "easy" and inexpensive sigs. The rest of this project is going to be a bit tougher and take a little more time.

• DrJ: I would not worry too much. Every one of the Top 50 is an easy signature to acquire. You will have to pay more for the Chamberlain and Maravich, but everyone else is a common autograph.
    Always looking for T59 Flags.
  • Reese,

I finaly got a Kevin McHale auto! image

Giovanni

<< <i>Just got a Walt Frazier to add to my NBA 50 greatest collection. I am now up to 20 players with a handful of TTM still out. For the most part I have taken care of the "easy" and inexpensive sigs. The rest of this project is going to be a bit tougher and take a little more time.

image >>

Welcome Justin!

Very nice Frazier. One of the things that really attracted me to this set was how underpriced and overlooked many of the autographs were. Some of the greatest players to ever play the game can be had for less than $20. Ptper is right, the top 50 are pretty easy to find, but some of the other HOF players are extremely difficult. It makes for a very challenging and fun set to work on.

Reese
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333

<< <i>Reese,

Giovanni >>

Lets see it!
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333

• << <i>

<< <i>Reese,

Giovanni >>

Lets see it! >>

LOL

Its kinda ugly, but he dosen't sign, so I guess this one as to do image

Giovanni

Cool, nice job. I am surprised you bought a signed card that was not authenticated by UD or Topps.
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Here is my new pickup. Just got it today. Thanks Art! It is awesome.

HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333

• << <i>Cool, nice job. I am surprised you bought a signed card that was not authenticated by UD or Topps. >>

lol, I really have no choise with McHale, he dosen't have a certified auto, or I would have never gotten this one. I've been looking for him for a while now, he dosen't come up for sale often, so thats why I got it, but hope he does sign of of these days.

Nice card you got by the way! image

Giovanni
    Yeah, the options are limited with McHale. I am looking for a copy that would grade at least an 8. I have a couple options, but they are all a little more money than I am willing to pay.

Thanks! I'm from Indiana, so getting a Purdue HOFer is awesome!

HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333

• << <i>Yeah, the options are limited with McHale. I am looking for a copy that would grade at least an 8. I have a couple options, but they are all a little more money than I am willing to pay.

Thanks! I'm from Indiana, so getting a Purdue HOFer is awesome! >>

Reese, do you think this McHale is worth anything? I know nothing about non-certified autos. I was gona say this is my first time, but its not, I also have a Chick Hearn auto that is not certified.

What is it with you and card grades? LOL I only care about the autograph, I couldn't care less what the card grades. After all, its about the auto and not the grade, well for me anyway, lol. image

Giovanni

What is it with you and card grades? LOL I only care about the autograph, I couldn't care less what the card grades. After all, its about the auto and not the grade, well for me anyway, lol. image

Giovanni >>

How else are you going to enter cards in here Sports HOF Collection
    without getting them graded?

• << <i>.

Giovanni >>

How else are you going to enter cards in here Sports HOF Collection
    without getting them graded? >>

Art,

I was talking about high grades, lol. Reese mentioned that he would want an 8 and up, so thats what I was talking about. Sure it would have to be graded to add to the registry, but I couldn't care less what the grade is, as long as the signature is Gem. image

Giovanni

<< <i>Reese, do you think this McHale is worth anything? I know nothing about non-certified autos. I was gona say this is my first time, but its not, I also have a Chick Hearn auto that is not certified.

Giovanni >>

Well, SMR lists a signed McHale card for $15. Since there are no certified autos, I am sure others are after his signature as well so it is definitely worth something.

Most collectors greatly care about the condition of their cards. When your dealing with vintage cards with rare signatures your options are sometimes limited to what you can find. I think with anything else, most of us want a perfect signature on a perfect card. With anything modern, I will not settle for anything less than a PSA 8. There are too many options out there to settle for anything less than perfection.
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333

<< <i>What is it with you and card grades? LOL I only care about the autograph, I couldn't care less what the card grades. After all, its about the auto and not the grade, well for me anyway, lol. image

Giovanni >>

I think your in the minority with your statement there. If people didn't care about card condition, there would be no PSA, BGS, SCG, ect... Part of the challenge of putting together the nicest possible set will always revolve around condition. You can collect however you want, but I focus both on the condition of the card and the clarity of the signature.
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333

• << <i>

<< <i>Reese, do you think this McHale is worth anything? I know nothing about non-certified autos. I was gona say this is my first time, but its not, I also have a Chick Hearn auto that is not certified.

Giovanni >>

Well, SMR lists a signed McHale card for $15. Since there are no certified autos, I am sure others are after his signature as well so it is definitely worth something.

Most collectors greatly care about the condition of their cards. When your dealing with vintage cards with rare signatures your options are sometimes limited to what you can find. I think with anything else, most of us want a perfect signature on a perfect card. With anything modern, I will not settle for anything less than a PSA 8. There are too many options out there to settle for anything less than perfection. >>

The cards these days already come back in good conditon, but what i'm saying is, it wouldn't matter to me if they did come back under an 8, because some of those rare/low printed cards are very condition sensative, even worst than vintage cards, lol. I sent in 4 modern cards, and they all came back a Mint 9, and thats fine and great, but if they would have came back a PSA 7, I still would have been fine with that, only if the autograph on that card is perfect, if not, then I would look for another card.

When it comes to autographed cards, I am more for the auto than the card. I am both a card collector and autograph collector, but I would be more concerned about the auto first, not the card.

I've seen Wilt Chamberlain Inkredible autos in a BGS 8 going for $1200, when a BGS Mint 9 went for $1100, so what does that say? I think when its all say and done, the people are more concerned about the autograph and not to much about the card. Sure, it would be great to have a PSA 10 everytime, but thats not gona happen, unless of course you buy it already graded a 10. But chances are the PSA 10 dosen't have such a nice autograph.

Giovanni

• << <i>

<< <i>What is it with you and card grades? LOL I only care about the autograph, I couldn't care less what the card grades. After all, its about the auto and not the grade, well for me anyway, lol. image

Giovanni >>

I think your in the minority with your statement there. If people didn't care about card condition, there would be no PSA, BGS, SCG, ect... Part of the challenge of putting together the nicest possible set will always revolve around condition. You can collect however you want, but I focus both on the condition of the card and the clarity of the signature. >>

The grading company really started for vintage stuff. I don't know about BGS, but PSA and SGC were made primerely for vintage cards, and not the new autographed stuff. Autographed are very new to the hobby, i'm not positive when the started, but for Basketball I think it was that Larry Bird and Magic Johnson Dual??? I think it was in 93 or 94? So yeah, very new to the industry.

I should stop educating everybody on this whole auto thing, LOL, or there won't be anything left for me to buy! image

Giovanni

<< <i>

The cards these days already come back in good conditon, but what i'm saying is, it wouldn't matter to me if they did come back under an 8, because some of those rare/low printed cards are very condition sensative, even worst than vintage cards, lol. I sent in 4 modern cards, and they all came back a Mint 9, and thats fine and great, but if they would have came back a PSA 7, I still would have been fine with that, only if the autograph on that card is perfect, if not, then I would look for another card.

When it comes to autographed cards, I am more for the auto than the card. I am both a card collector and autograph collector, but I would be more concerned about the auto first, not the card.

I've seen Wilt Chamberlain Inkredible autos in a BGS 8 going for $1200, when a BGS Mint 9 went for $1100, so what does that say? I think when its all say and done, the people are more concerned about the autograph and not to much about the card. Sure, it would be great to have a PSA 10 everytime, but thats not gona happen, unless of course you buy it already graded a 10. But chances are the PSA 10 dosen't have such a nice autograph.
    o
    Giovanni >>

Most of the cards these days do come out in good condition, but check out the population report and you will see finding a PSA 10 is still a challenge. Like I said, collect what you like. I don't collect things because they are serial numbered. Just because UD puts out a 1/1 autograph of a player, it doesn't make it rare. The same player in most cases has signed 1000's of other cards.

I agree with your second paragraph. The autograph comes first with me as well, however with modern cards if you look hard enough you can find a card with characteristics of both. When looking for vintage, finding a card with a nice signature comes first before the card condition. Like I previously stated, your options become limited when dealing with vintage.

Your third paragraph makes no logical sense at all. Your one example of a Wilt Chamberlian autograph, does not reflect the majority of graded cards. There could have been other factors involved in why the sale of an 8 sold for more than a 9. Go to VCP, it tracks the online sales of graded cards. There are substantial differences in pricing for an 8, 9, and 10. People will pay premiums for higher graded cards, hence the reason PSA, BGS, SCG, and all those other companies have been around for so long. Your sentence "But chances are the PSA 10 doesn't have such a nice autograph" makes no sense to me. I have a stack of PSA 10 cards will perfect signatures. What do you mean by that?
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333

>>

I should stop educating everybody on this whole auto thing, LOL, or there won't be anything left for me to buy! image

Giovanni >>

Trust me, I wouldn't worry image:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333

• << <i>

<< <i>

o
    Giovanni >>

Most of the cards these days do come out in good condition, but check out the population report and you will see finding a PSA 10 is still a challenge. Like I said, collect what you like. I don't collect things because they are serial numbered. Just because UD puts out a 1/1 autograph of a player, it doesn't make it rare. The same player in most cases has signed 1000's of other cards.

I agree with your second paragraph. The autograph comes first with me as well, however with modern cards if you look hard enough you can find a card with characteristics of both. When looking for vintage, finding a card with a nice signature comes first before the card condition. Like I previously stated, your options become limited when dealing with vintage.

Your third paragraph makes no logical sense at all. Your one example of a Wilt Chamberlian autograph, does not reflect the majority of graded cards. There could have been other factors involved in why the sale of an 8 sold for more than a 9. Go to VCP, it tracks the online sales of graded cards. There are substantial differences in pricing for an 8, 9, and 10. People will pay premiums for higher graded cards, hence the reason PSA, BGS, SCG, and all those other companies have been around for so long. Your sentence "But chances are the PSA 10 doesn't have such a nice autograph" makes no sense to me. I have a stack of PSA 10 cards will perfect signatures. What do you mean by that? >>

If theres very few PSA 10's in the pop dosen't mean thats its rare, it only means nobody else sent their cards in to get that 10 grade, lol. I've showed pleanty of examples of regular signed autos and 1 OF 1's, and the 1/1's have sold for way more! Remember, the prices speak for themselves speach? image

It makes perfect sense, BGS 8's have sold for more than BGS 9's. The auto were the same on both cards, because I don't even remember ever seing a badly signed Chamberlain auto, so they were both the same, nothing different about the autos. The only thing I can think is that people don't care what the grade is when its Chamberlain, they only care about the auto, so thats why 8's can sell for more or the same as 9's. Sure its cool to get a 10, why not right? But people don't care to much, they just wana get their hands on his auto period, so thats how ungraded, 8's, 9's and 10's too can sell for the same prices. These are not vintage cards, were the grades matter on the card, its autographed cards, and the auto is what most people would want, I think image

And what I mean about those PSA 10 with bad autos is exactly what I said. I see pleanty of PSA 10 autos, that have horrible autos on it. So now, would you rather have a PSA 10 with a crappy signature, or a PSA 8 or whatever grade with a prstine signautre??? I would definetly pick the prestine/Gem autograph on the card image

Then again, this is a good thing for me, that people rather have the perfect condition card, and not worry so much about the auto. Books will be written on this in the future, lol, and by then I will have the good autos, while others(not you, or anybody else in particular) will have Gem Mint 10 cards, while the autos are not so Gem. image

Giovanni

• << <i> >>

Giovanni >>

Trust me, I wouldn't worry image: >>

I surely hope so! image

Giovanni

<< <i>It makes perfect sense, BGS 8's have sold for more than BGS 9's. The auto were the same on both cards, because I don't even remember ever seing a badly signed Chamberlain auto, so they were both the same, nothing different about the autos. The only thing I can think is that people don't care what the grade is when its Chamberlain, they only care about the auto, so thats why 8's can sell for more or the same as 9's. Sure its cool to get a 10, why not right? But people don't care to much, they just wana get their hands on his auto period, so thats how ungraded, 8's, 9's and 10's too can sell for the same prices. These are not vintage cards, were the grades matter on the card, its autographed cards, and the auto is what most people would want, I think image

And what I mean about those PSA 10 with bad autos is exactly what I said. I see pleanty of PSA 10 autos, that have horrible autos on it. So now, would you rather have a PSA 10 with a crappy signature, or a PSA 8 or whatever grade with a prstine signautre??? I would definetly pick the prestine/Gem autograph on the card image

Then again, this is a good thing for me, that people rather have the perfect condition card, and not worry so much about the auto. Books will be written on this in the future, lol, and by then I will have the good autos, while others(not you, or anybody else in particular) will have Gem Mint 10 cards, while the autos are not so Gem. image

Giovanni >>

Sigh....

People care about card grades. There is no arguement that can be made. Why do you submit to PSA then if you don't care? Like I have told you ten times already, I want a perfect card with a perfect signature. Having both is possible. I understand what you are saying. You don't care about the card condition, you care about the auto...fine, I get it. Why do you assume that no one else cares about the auto? I ALWAYS look for a perfect signature. However, I also care about the condition. Thats it, period. Collect what makes you happy.
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • GOODLIEUGOODLIEU Posts: 629 ✭✭

Giovanni >>

Whats funny Sport is how you have self ordained yourself a "autograph genius"
    >>

Whats funny Sport is how you have self ordained yourself a "autograph genius" >>

HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333

• << <i>

<< <i>It makes perfect sense, BGS 8's have sold for more than BGS 9's. The auto were the same on both cards, because I don't even remember ever seing a badly signed Chamberlain auto, so they were both the same, nothing different about the autos. The only thing I can think is that people don't care what the grade is when its Chamberlain, they only care about the auto, so thats why 8's can sell for more or the same as 9's. Sure its cool to get a 10, why not right? But people don't care to much, they just wana get their hands on his auto period, so thats how ungraded, 8's, 9's and 10's too can sell for the same prices. These are not vintage cards, were the grades matter on the card, its autographed cards, and the auto is what most people would want, I think image

Giovanni >>

Sigh....

People care about card grades. There is no arguement that can be made. Why do you submit to PSA then if you don't care? Like I have told you ten times already, I want a perfect card with a perfect signature. Having both is possible. I understand what you are saying. You don't care about the card condition, you care about the auto...fine, I get it. Why do you assume that no one else cares about the auto? I ALWAYS look for a perfect signature. However, I also care about the condition. Thats it, period. Collect what makes you happy. >>

I true autograph card collector would care more about the autograph and not so much the card. I will send my cards in to PSA(when I get the chance) simply to add them to the set registry, and for protection that their holders provide.

I assume that people care more about card grades than the auto itself because I have seen it a million times, were the card is PSA 10, and then the auto would come back a 6 or 7 if it were to be graded, thats why I assume. Actualy I can't really remember a time when i've seen a perfect autograph on a PSA 10 card, lol.

I know I know, collect what I want, and I am, lol. You too, ok! image

Your something else Reese image

Giovanni
    >>

Actualy I can't really remember a time when i've seen a perfect autograph on a PSA 10 card, lol >>

You've got to be kidding!!!!
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333

• << <i>Then again, this is a good thing for me, that people rather have the perfect condition card, and not worry so much about the auto. Books will be written on this in the future, lol, and by then I will have the good autos, while others(not you, or anybody else in particular) will have Gem Mint 10 cards, while the autos are not so Gem. image

Giovanni >>

Whats funny Sport is how you have self ordained yourself a "autograph genius" >>

Art, it dosen't really take a "genius" to pick a perfect autograph. You just gotta look at the card and say, this autograph looks like crap, should I get it? Well, the card looks Gem!!!!!

Or, WOW, this autograph looks perfect, but the card is not that great, but the auto is drop dead perfect, what should I do? Well, if it were me, I would chose the perfect auto.

I have no problem what others do, I am just sharing what I do, and you can share what you do, thats fine, dosen't matter either way, i'm still gona buy what I buy, and everybody will buy what they do. I don't have one problem with that, I don't know why everybody overeacts???

If you ask me a question, I will answer it. If you don't like a statement I have made, and you comment about it, thats perfectly fine, but don't be surprised when I answer it, and if you don't like my answer, than what can I do?

And Art, i'm not talking about you, i'm talking about anybody, I am just giving you an example. We can stay classy at the same time as talking about cards! image

Giovanni
    Art, it dosen't really take a "genius" to pick a perfect autograph. You just gotta look at the card and say, this autograph looks like crap, should I get it? Well, the card looks Gem!!!!!

Or, WOW, this autograph looks perfect, but the card is not that great, but the auto is drop dead perfect, what should I do? Well, if it were me, I would chose the perfect auto.

I have no problem what others do, I am just sharing what I do, and you can share what you do, thats fine, dosen't matter either way, i'm still gona buy what I buy, and everybody will buy what they do. I don't have one problem with that, I don't know why everybody overeacts???

If you ask me a question, I will answer it. If you don't like a statement I have made, and you comment about it, thats perfectly fine, but don't be surprised when I answer it, and if you don't like my answer, than what can I do?

And Art, i'm not talking about you, i'm talking about anybody, I am just giving you an example. We can stay classy at the same time as talking about cards! image

Giovanni >>

OK so why did you buy this card if this is your policy regarding autographs?McHale
  • I actualy bought that card for fun, because it was only 6 bucks, and also because McHale dosen't have a certified auto, or I would have never in a million years bought that one, not even for 6 bucks! image

When he does eventualy come out with a certified auto, that card I bought is gona be worth about 5 cents!!!! image

Giovanni

<< <i>I actualy bought that card for fun, because it was only 6 bucks, and also because McHale dosen't have a certified auto, or I would have never in a million years bought that one, not even for 6 bucks! image

When he does eventualy come out with a certified auto, that card I bought is gona be worth about 5 cents!!!! image

Giovanni >>

Sport you should run for political office!

• << <i>

<< <i>I actualy bought that card for fun, because it was only 6 bucks, and also because McHale dosen't have a certified auto, or I would have never in a million years bought that one, not even for 6 bucks! image

Giovanni >>

Sport you should run for political office! >>

Why do you say that? lol

Giovanni

• << <i>

The grading company really started for vintage stuff. I don't know about BGS, but PSA and SGC were made primerely for vintage cards, and not the new autographed stuff. Autographed are very new to the hobby, i'm not positive when the started, but for Basketball I think it was that Larry Bird and Magic Johnson Dual??? I think it was in 93 or 94? So yeah, very new to the industry.

Giovanni >>

As far as I know 1990 Star Pics was the first?
    And of the major brands probably Fleer in 1991?
    Looking for in PSA graded
    1. 75-76 Topps Keith/Jamaal Wilkes in Psa 8+
    2. 1971-72 Trio stickers PSA 8+
    3. BSKB 1977-78 topps psa 10

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Action Packed HOF Autos(need elvin hayes,both bill bradley,and the 1st bill walton)
    2001 and 2005 Greats of the Game
    UD=retro,epic,legends,legendary,generations and chronology
    2006 Topps Style 1952 Fan Favorites Autos #/10 (Refractor Autos)
    Press Pass Legends
  • I think with PSA, when the card is graded a psa 10, but the card is faded I would rather have a PSA 8.
    I actually have many auto cards I would also like to get graded, PSA 8 to me seems like the ideal goal.

With some cards I have had to decide, between really sharp corners, but a a faded auto
    or a card with a ding, but with a very nice auto.

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Action Packed HOF Autos(need elvin hayes,both bill bradley,and the 1st bill walton)
    Press Pass Legends

• << <i>I think with PSA, when the card is graded a psa 10, but the card is faded I would rather have a PSA 8.
    I actually have many auto cards I would also like to get graded, PSA 8 to me seems like the ideal goal.

With some cards I have had to decide, between really sharp corners, but a a faded auto
    or a card with a ding, but with a very nice auto. >>

Mex, I would definetl take that ding with a perfect auto. Good luck with your set, and hope to see you over at the PSA set registry with some scans, because I have seen you buy some drop dead auto cards, and you actualy outbid me a few times too image LOL

Me myself only have 6 cards currently registered, lol, but plan someday to send more in, when I get the chance image Keep up the good work, and hope to have more competition on the registry image

Giovanni
    Does anyone know what a fair price for a Pete Maravich signed vintage card would be? I checked the previous ebay auctions, but nothing has been sold lately.
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333

• << <i>Does anyone know what a fair price for a Pete Maravich signed vintage card would be? I checked the previous ebay auctions, but nothing has been sold lately. >>

I have seen several, but the end price....
    The last one I saw was a psa/dna, I think it went for around 500, but I am not 100%
    If I remember correctly the card was in ex condition, maybe GOODLIEU remembers?

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Press Pass Legends
    Thanks Mexisar,

I haven't looked for a while, and the only one I remember seeing was a beautiful 72-73 PSA/DNA (Maybe a 5???) few years ago for $350. I have been kicking myself ever since for not picking it up.
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Gentlemen the authenticated Pistols are quite scarce and expensive but at least they are not over the top expensive like those Maravich cuts that are currently out there with the likelihood of more to come. I was lucky enough to get the card I have at the National in Cleveland for approx $300 or so. I picked it up raw and had PSA/DNA authenticate and grade it on site. I personally would not touch any of the raw Pistol signed cards out there. The large shows with the grading companies on site are your best bet IMO. As far as any thing recent on EBAY I would say its been real quiet lately.
    Thanks Art,

I just want to be prepared if I come across one. I think I will stick with a PSA/DNA example. I imagine there are many fakes floating around.

I have my eye on a few things for my set. I will post scans if I am able to pull the deal off.
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333

Newest addition to my HOF Registry and my first thick patch card in a PSA thick slab. They are actually pretty nice.

Ok In reference to our discussion of Pistol Pete Auto's I had this one since 1999 I even have the COA (Most of them are crap) which I will scan in a minute anyway I am going to send it in to PSA/DNA to see if it passes authentication. If it does I will give you guys that are collecting the opportunity to buy it if you so choose. If it does not pass it will stand as a good example of the Pistols autos that are out there and are basically worthless. Lets see what happens.
    Art
  • This one is also being sent in to PSA/DNA for my collection. Wish me luck.image
    Very nice cards Art. I like that PSA is finally grading the "thick" cards. I have a stack I need to send it for another registry set. Good luck with the Maravich and Auerbach. I would be very interested in the Maravich if it comes back authentic.
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Just got this Bob Cousy in the mail today. Now up to 26 Autos in my quest for the NBA 50 greatest.