Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

The Official Basketball HOF Autographs Thread

Comments

• Options
    GOODLIEUGOODLIEU Posts: 629 ✭✭
    Hi Reese that Bradley reminds me of the Pistol Sig I sent in a couple of weeks ago to PSA/DNA very "rough". Even when he takes his time his sig is not the cleanest.

Bradley Auto PSA/DNA
  • Options
    Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    Hi Art!

You think its legit? I haven't paid for it yet.
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!
  • Options
    Hard to say when he was running for President he signed quite a bit of stuff almost in a scribble fashion I guess so he could "sign" as much as he could quickly (I saw a lot of them on EBAY back then) and they looked very similar to the card you bought . The problem would be if you send it in to authenticate it they won't say its not his but than again they probably would not be able to definitely say it is his Sig. Its one of those type of autos that are great when you get them in person but when put up for sale in the secondary market they dont hold up. I think you would be wasting the $20 PSA/DNA fee to be honest.
  • Options
    OK, well its only $12. For now, it will work. I'm sure I can eventually find a nicer example
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options

<< <i>Hi Reese that Bradley reminds me of the Pistol Sig I sent in a couple of weeks ago to PSA/DNA very "rough". Even when he takes his time his sig is not the cleanest.

Bradley Auto PSA/DNA >>

Wow that bradley auto is super nice, like he really took his time

this is the last one I saw in ebay

Art do you know what a RC auto of him should go for? this one went for the opening bid of 49, I had a snipe of 49, but i don't really know what this card should be worth

Also I was suppose to raise my snipe on the ANDY PHILLIP you had,but by the time I got home the auction was over. How much should that go for 30+?
    thanks
    Looking for in PSA graded
    1. 75-76 Topps Keith/Jamaal Wilkes in Psa 8+
    2. 1971-72 Trio stickers PSA 8+
    3. BSKB 1977-78 topps psa 10

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Action Packed HOF Autos(need elvin hayes,both bill bradley,and the 1st bill walton)
    2001 and 2005 Greats of the Game
    UD=retro,epic,legends,legendary,generations and chronology
    2006 Topps Style 1952 Fan Favorites Autos #/10 (Refractor Autos)
    Press Pass Legends
  • Options
    Mex as you know there is a seperate breed of collector that go after just rookie cards (Any Sport) that usually will pay what the market will bear. The Bradley in my opinion PSA/DNA Authenticated should be worth at least $75 or more. Its funny really how this guy signs, just looking at my card,Reese's card and the one you scanned. Tell me this guy is not all over the place. He is a Authenticators nightmare LOL. The Phillip I put up went IMO a little low (About $15 if I recall) as he currently has no manufacturers cards and because he passed away in 2001 the only cards that will be forthcoming would be "Cuts" I have a signed PSA/DNA Authenticated signed Bookmark in a PSA 7 but he like other tough (Deceased) HOFers by and large do not have much available material for purchase and what is available drys up fast.
  • Options
    DrJDrJ Posts: 2,213
    Couple of Additions for my NBA 50 greatest collection..

Elgin Baylor. This one is going off to PSA on the set registry special.

Nate Archibald TTM (second try is a charm)

• Options
    Justin, very nice Baylor to add to your collection! I have the 2000 UD Legends one. I'm trying to send these cards out, do you happen to know what to do if you have more cards than the submission forms space? I wana send maybe 35 cards, so what should I do? How does it work?

Giovanni
  • Options
    You can just add a second sheet if you run out of space. Use Microsoft Excel and make a chart with the same headings and just begin the numbering where you left off.
  • Options

<< <i>You can just add a second sheet if you run out of space. Use Microsoft Excel and make a chart with the same headings and just begin the numbering where you left off. >>

I have no idea what you just said but thanks! image

I have no idea what Excel is. Lucky I know how to use the computer image

Giovanni
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>You can just add a second sheet if you run out of space. Use Microsoft Excel and make a chart with the same headings and just begin the numbering where you left off. >>

I have no idea what you just said but thanks! image

I have no idea what Excel is. Lucky I know how to use the computer image

Giovanni >>

For some reason this response does not surprise me. image

You would probably be better off just writing on a piece of lined paper your additional cards. They manually enter the info anyway. Just be neat.
  • Options

<< <i>

I have no idea what Excel is.

Giovanni >>

HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I have no idea what Excel is.

Giovanni >>

image >>

Yeah Justin, i'll probably do that, thanks! image lol

Giovanni
  • Options

<< <i>Mex as you know there is a seperate breed of collector that go after just rookie cards (Any Sport) that usually will pay what the market will bear. The Bradley in my opinion PSA/DNA Authenticated should be worth at least $75 or more. Its funny really how this guy signs, just looking at my card,Reese's card and the one you scanned. Tell me this guy is not all over the place. He is a Authenticators nightmare LOL. The Phillip I put up went IMO a little low (About $15 if I recall) as he currently has no manufacturers cards and because he passed away in 2001 the only cards that will be forthcoming would be "Cuts" I have a signed PSA/DNA Authenticated signed Bookmark in a PSA 7 but he like other tough (Deceased) HOFers by and large do not have much available material for purchase and what is available drys up fast. >>

Thanks

I have been thinking of getting the RC's with an Auto of the topps sets. I count 600 RC's from 1969-81. My goal for years has been getting them in psa 8 for the expensive(1969,etc), and psa 9 for the others. I am more into collecting autos now, that is why I have been thinking of having them with an Auto.
    These are the first I got for this purpose.
    Looking for in PSA graded
    1. 75-76 Topps Keith/Jamaal Wilkes in Psa 8+
    2. 1971-72 Trio stickers PSA 8+
    3. BSKB 1977-78 topps psa 10

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Action Packed HOF Autos(need elvin hayes,both bill bradley,and the 1st bill walton)
    2001 and 2005 Greats of the Game
    UD=retro,epic,legends,legendary,generations and chronology
    2006 Topps Style 1952 Fan Favorites Autos #/10 (Refractor Autos)
    Press Pass Legends
  • Options
    Very nice Mex, I have this 69T Hal Greer HOF/Top 50 TTM card you may like. If your interested get back to me. No charge. image

I had this one authenticated for my collection of the great Chet "The Jet' Walker 69T Chet Walker

Art
  • Options
    By the way the Dennis Johnson autograph hunt officially jumped up a few notches with this auction.

DJ Auto Auction

This card could have probably been accquired for about $20 a year ago. Shows you what these HOF nominations mean to the Players Rookie and Autographed items especially when that player is deceased. I hope they (The Anonymous Voters) stop screwing around and finally put him in the Hall where he belongs.
  • Options
    I was watching that one last night. I couldn't justify paying $142, when the regular Legends card is going for $25. Very sweet card though.
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options

<< <i>I was watching that one last night. I couldn't justify paying $142, when the regular Legends card is going for $25. Very sweet card though. >>

Yeah, that $142 was crazy!!!!!! I did check out the guys past purchases to see if he's competition and I noticed that he's been buying up the Legendary Inscriptions, so he's probably trying to complete that particular set.

When you have a person trying to complete a set you never know how much they'll bid on something. To bad Dennis Johnson didn't have a bigger inscription, lol. Like the Morning for that set, he only signed ZO image Now thats gotta be the ugliest inscription of all time! image

Giovanni
  • Options
    When you have a person trying to complete a set you never know how much they'll bid on something. To bad Dennis Johnson didn't have a bigger inscription, lol. Like the Morning for that set, he only signed ZO image Now thats gotta be the ugliest inscription of all time! image

Giovanni >>

???????????????? Alonzo Mourning's nickname is "ZO" ????????????
  • Options

<< <i>???????????????? Alonzo Mourning's nickname is "ZO" ???????????? >>

Yep, not very creative but it's true.
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options

<< <i>When you have a person trying to complete a set you never know how much they'll bid on something. To bad Dennis Johnson didn't have a bigger inscription, lol. Like the Morning for that set, he only signed ZO image Now thats gotta be the ugliest inscription of all time! image

Giovanni >>

???????????????? Alonzo Mourning's nickname is "ZO" ???????????? >>

I guess according to that card it is? lol

Giovanni
  • Options
    Yikes!! Imagine pulling this beauty! image

HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options

<< <i>Yikes!! Imagine pulling this beauty! image

image >>

LOL, I actualy signed all 100 of those for him! image

Giovanni
  • Options
    Got a McAdoo in the mail for my collection, and I finally started a registry for one card. image

• Options
    Nice job Justin! Great card.

I need some advice on this one. I am ready to purchase this but would really like some opinions on the signature and if the bookmark would grade. The signature looks good compared to my exemplars, but the bottom looks miscut or trimmed to me. What do you guys think?

HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options

<< <i>Nice job Justin! Great card.

I need some advice on this one. I am ready to purchase this but would really like some opinions on the signature and if the bookmark would grade. The signature looks good compared to my exemplars, but the bottom looks miscut or trimmed to me. What do you guys think?

image >>

I think its a good sig and as far as the bottom goes I would have it slabbed authentic for the card and the auto. If you decide to pass on it for any reason let me know I would love to have that card for my set. Here is a FDC of Nat Holman that was PSA/DNA Authenticated for comparison.

• Options

<< <i>Got a McAdoo in the mail for my collection, and I finally started a registry for one card. image

image >>

Justin you bought the card off me. I have a Gervin Inkredible PSA 9 Auto,Earl Monroe/Robert Parish PSA 7 Lot Auto's and a Center Court Oscar Robertson PSA/DNA authenticated PSA 6 Auto listed currently. Take a look if you get a chance.
    Art
  • Options
    Very nice card Justin! And image to the set registry image

Reese, nice Holman's there, how much is that Bookmark selling for?

Giovanni
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    I bought these beauties off of Art, as well...

Mark

• Options

<< <i>Very nice card Justin! And image to the set registry image

Reese, nice Holman's there, how much is that Bookmark selling for?

Giovanni >>

It was $95. I am in the process of finalizing the deal. I know that $95 is expensive for a Holman signature, but finding it on the bookmark was a challenge. I am willing to pay a little bit extra to add it to my set.
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    Reese, I would definetly go with the Bookmark Holman, thats a very nice auto and he is rare to come by, plus the ugly looking Cut auto of him sold for $1200 so i'd say you got yourself a great deal!!!!!!!

Mark, nice cards you got there to add to your set, and Welcome to the set registry as well image

Giovanni
  • Options
    What do you guys think of this Drazen Petrovic? I compared it the Art's, but it looks like there are some differences. What should a raw Petrovic should sell for?

Ebay Auction
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options

<< <i>What do you guys think of this Drazen Petrovic? I compared it the Art's, but it looks like there are some differences. What should a raw Petrovic should sell for?

Ebay Auction >>

Thats a nice one Reese!

I think it should sell for the cheapest possible, lol, there is no set price. Put that first $20 bid and hope to get it for that. Thats a sweet looking card too image

Giovanni
  • Options
    Hey guys, check out this Dennis Johnson for $11.99 Linky

I don't like non-certified autos, but Dennis Johnson is pretty rare and will not sign anymore as you guys may know he passed away. I would have gotten this card if it was signed a little better, because I just love those old looking cards, they make a good card to get signed. Basicly any card from that year and before make great cards to get signed becase of the quality of the card, not like most cards today were they have chance of fadding before they get to you in the mail, you know that TTM thing.

Giovanni
  • Options
    My only pickup this week

Dick McGuire-$2.99

HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options

<< <i>My only pickup this week

Dick McGuire-$2.99

image >>

Cool price and card!

Giovanni
  • Options
    Thanks Gio,

I figure I wont beat that price for an on-card signature, and I can always upgrade if the Fan Favorites or Chronology McGuire show up.
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    One more to add to the collection. This one cost me a whopping $5.

HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    Another new one- Hank Luisetti

HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    Just had some grades pop on my HOF/NBA 50 Greatest Collection...

GEM MINT 10 1999 UPPER DECK RETRO INKREDIBLE JH JOHN HAVLICEK INKREDIBLE Card US
    MINT 9 2000 UPPER DECK LEGENDS LEGENDARY SIGNATURES EH ELVIN HAYES LEGENDARY SIGNATURES Card US
    NEAR MINT 7 2001 FLEER GREATS OF THE GAME AUTOGRAPHS PAUL ARIZIN AUTOGRAPHS Card US
    MINT 9 1999 UPPER DECK CENTURY LEGENDS EPIC SIGNATURES BC BOB COUSY EPIC SIGNATURES Card US
    NEAR MINT+ 7.5 2000 UPPER DECK LEGENDS LEGENDARY SIGNATURES EB ELGIN BAYLOR LEGENDARY SIGNATURES Card US

I honestly may end up moving the Havlicek, as I will probably net enough money to buy the card again and a couple others. Kind of disappointed in the Baylor and Arizin as I thought they were 8/9, but both had a corner that was slightly questionable. Overall I am happy.
  • Options
    Nice grades Justin. Congrats on the Havlicek.
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    Picked up these two cards last week on the BAY. Riley(Current Canidate) /Nelson both potential HOF members as coaches.

• Options
    Sweet cards Art! Is the jersey game worn on the Nellie?
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options

<< <i>Sweet cards Art! Is the jersey game worn on the Nellie? >>

Nice cards Art!

Reese,

The numbers on the real jerseys are huge, aren't they? image

If they were letters, then I would probably fall for it, but not with the numbers.

Giovanni
  • Options
    Haha,

Yeah I guess I didn't look at it close enough.
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    Here are the cards I just got back from grading.....

• Options
    And a couple more.

• Options
    Art,

Very nice cards. I am really digging the UD Black release this year. Lots of HOFers that you don't normally see.

I purchased redemption cards for patch autos of HOFers Al Cervi and Arnie Risen. Not sure what the patches are going to be of though, but they are numbered to 50.
  • Options

<< <i>Art,

Very nice cards. I am really digging the UD Black release this year. Lots of HOFers that you don't normally see.

I purchased redemption cards for patch autos of HOFers Al Cervi and Arnie Risen. Not sure what the patches are going to be of though, but they are numbered to 50. >>

Justin,

First off, I love your cards, they have great looking autos on them. I got that Havlicek and Arizin which I will grade on the $5 special if I move my behind, lol.

I have no idea what there thinking about the Baylor, I see nothing wrong with it, great eye appeal from what I can see.

Now with those UD Black. Yes, it is a great release, but please don't be fooled with some of those patches. The Cervi and Risen are fake/manufactured patches. Trust me, there was nobody more exited than me about those 2 players having a patch, until I found out they were both fake image

I was ready to drop like $500 on the one of one dual patch auto of them that sold for I think around $68 or something like that, when the gold version numbered to 5 sold about a week before that for around $150 I belive. I'm guessing that the poeple with that first auctions of the one numbered to 5 thought it was real patches, so thats why the high price. And then a week later when the 1 OF 1 sold for around $68 the people I guess figured it out by then. So please don't be fooled by those pactehs. If you bought one than fine, its still a nice card I guess, but don't try to buy more thinking there real patches. If your gona buy them, do so knowing there fake, and bid accordingly.

Alright guys, later.

Giovanni
  • Options
    I bought them knowing full well they were manufactured. I just don't know what patch will even be on the cards!

They were both about $20 shipped a piece, so I can't complain one way or another.