Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

The Official Basketball HOF Autographs Thread

Comments

• Options
    Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    Thanks Art!

I sent you another email when you have chance!

Reese
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!
  • Options
    Joe, your a monster man! image

You have 22 of them? WOW!!!!!

I still can't seen to find that link, because when I got to the one you previded it has lots of links there, do you have the exact one?

Why don't you turn on your PM here so I can send you some private messages.

Yes I still have the All-American Mikan, that I would probably trade for something good image

Alright Joe, gotta go for now, feeling a little better, but I will be much better come tommorow.

Giovanni
  • Options
    Thanks Gio you have a monster collection as well.. I just became a member here so I'm still getting used to things. I did not even know you needed to turn on your pm to receive. I'll see another way I can get that link to everyone here.. Also, are we allowed to post maildays here? Get well bro..

-Joe
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks Gio you have a monster collection as well.. I just became a member here so I'm still getting used to things. I did not even know you needed to turn on your pm to receive. I'll see another way I can get that link to everyone here.. Also, are we allowed to post maildays here? Get well bro..

-Joe >>

hey Joe, Great to see you here. Yup you can post maildays, offer to buy or sell on the Buy, Sell & Trade section,etc

On the Chamberlain
    I have a hard time believing this
    EPIC-137
    EPIC GOLD-100
    Since I have seen many more regular than the gold
    What is your take?
    Looking for in PSA graded
    1. 75-76 Topps Keith/Jamaal Wilkes in Psa 8+
    2. 1971-72 Trio stickers PSA 8+
    3. BSKB 1977-78 topps psa 10

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Action Packed HOF Autos(need elvin hayes,both bill bradley,and the 1st bill walton)
    2001 and 2005 Greats of the Game
    UD=retro,epic,legends,legendary,generations and chronology
    2006 Topps Style 1952 Fan Favorites Autos #/10 (Refractor Autos)
    Press Pass Legends
  • Options

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Action Packed HOF Autos(need elvin hayes,both bill bradley,and the 1st bill walton)
    Press Pass Legends
  • Options
    I learned more than I ever knew of Jordan's Autograph in this Post
    http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=11&threadid=631073&STARTPAGE=1

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Press Pass Legends
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Thanks Gio you have a monster collection as well.. I just became a member here so I'm still getting used to things. I did not even know you needed to turn on your pm to receive. I'll see another way I can get that link to everyone here.. Also, are we allowed to post maildays here? Get well bro..

-Joe >>

hey Joe, Great to see you here. Yup you can post maildays, offer to buy or sell on the Buy, Sell & Trade section,etc

On the Chamberlain
    EPIC-137
    EPIC GOLD-100
    What is your take? >>

Mex; Thank you very much for the welcome. Honestly before I had read this article, like you said, the regular version comes up way more times then the Gold. I really cherished my Gold like it was Gold..lol.. But recently I haven't seen any regular Epic's for sale lately which makes me wonder. I would honestly rather have a Gold /100 PSA 9 then a regular psa 10.. Thats how much I really think of the Gold. So about the article, maaaaybeaa the numbers are right, I would think so.. What do you think of it.. Thanks again Mex for your input..

Take care,
    -Joe
  • Options
    GOODLIEUGOODLIEU Posts: 629 ✭✭
    Received these back today from PSA.

• Options
    Hey Art,
    I can't see the images right now(blocked at work)
    Does it include the Maravich?
    Did you see the Maravich Will in the Heritage Auction? It has 3 different autos.

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Press Pass Legends
  • Options
    No they still have not sent the Pistol back at this time along with the Auerbach, Rupp and Borgmann I sent them way over a month ago. I did see the Maravich sigs on the 3 different mags in their auction. Is that the one your refering to?
    Art
  • Options
    No, his actual Will From the early 70's, It has 3 different signatures on the same page.
    I think(can't check right now) it has "Pete" "Peter" and "Pistol Pete"

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Press Pass Legends
  • Options
    A little mailday for me. I'm probably gonna go for the set now since I already have the Debusschere and West.. Love the look of these.. Thanks for looking.. Enjoy!

-Joe

Gervin

Monroe

And my personal fav Kareem 33/50 jsy #

and some random auto's I just picked up for the PC

west /10

Sold my BGS 10/10 so I had to pick this up

• Options
    Joe, very cool stuff my friend!!!

I only got one of those, the DeBusschere. I just sent in my George Gervin to PSA, should be getting it back anytime now, i'm doing a youtube video break when I get them, just for fun and to share on video.

Keep those scans coming! image

Giovanni
  • Options
    Gio, about PSA, what kinda service do you have and how much. How much is it pr card... Anything new in your collection since we spoken?
  • Options

<< <i>Gio, about PSA, what kinda service do you have and how much. How much is it pr card... Anything new in your collection since we spoken? >>

Joe,

I signed up for the One year $99 package which you get 6 FREE submissions, ok there not free because your paying for them, but whatever image

PSA has a $5 special Very cool!!!! image

These are the regular PSA fees. Regular Fees But of course I love those $5 specials image

I got maybe about 20 cards since we spoke, not much, but i'm very picky on which cards I chose for my collection, so could be slower, lol.

Giovanni
  • Options
    Oh yeah Joe I almost forgot, you should definetly try to send in some cards for that $5 special before it ends. Last day you can postmark is April 30th.

I haven't sent anything yet, but will definetly try to send around 35 to 40 cards on that special. I just made the last special which was $12 for 10 day service, I sent in 10 cards for that special, and I sent it in the last day image They should be graded no later than Monday, but hopefuly on Friday??? image

Giovanni
  • Options
    Yeah, but i'm not a member.. dont you have to pay to be a member in order to send cards in for grading?
  • Options

<< <i>Yeah, but i'm not a member.. dont you have to pay to be a member in order to send cards in for grading? >>

Yeah Joe, that $99 package for one year, which they give you a voucher for 6 free gradings, which is basicly you paying for 6 cards to be graded, so there really no joining fees when you really look at it.

Giovanni
  • Options

<< <i>No they still have not sent the Pistol back at this time along with the Auerbach, Rupp and Borgmann I sent them way over a month ago. I did see the Maravich sigs on the 3 different mags in their auction. Is that the one your refering to?
    Art >>

Here is the scan

Maravich Will

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Press Pass Legends
  • Options

<< <i>A little mailday for me. I'm probably gonna go for the set now since I already have the Debusschere and West.. Love the look of these.. Thanks for looking.. Enjoy!

-Joe

>>

I really like that set as well. Congrats on that Jabbar!! I need a few of the big one's for the set.

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Press Pass Legends
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

-Joe >>

On the Chamberlain
    EPIC-137
    EPIC GOLD-100
    What is your take? >>

Mex; Thank you very much for the welcome. Honestly before I had read this article, like you said, the regular version comes up way more times then the Gold. I really cherished my Gold like it was Gold..lol.. But recently I haven't seen any regular Epic's for sale lately which makes me wonder. I would honestly rather have a Gold /100 PSA 9 then a regular psa 10.. Thats how much I really think of the Gold. So about the article, maaaaybeaa the numbers are right, I would think so.. What do you think of it.. Thanks again Mex for your input..

Take care,
    -Joe >>

I did not follow this set when they came out in 1999. What I do remember was that the Wilt Gold was not that hard to find around 2003, it would go for around 800-1000. The Wilt Gold was the player I would see the most.
    I got outbid around 10 times, I always seem to be second. This is when the regular would go for around 500-600.
    Another theory could be that those numbers are how many were inserted, and a bunch of the regular were back-doored years later?
    I say that because I have seen several player's gold version with no numbering(these are the ones that scammers jersey number). So if those got released I can see them releasing the regular version as well.
    What info do you have of the 1992 Heroes Wilt Auto? Seems like UD was planning on inserting them in packs like the West.
    Then a few years ago they came out of nowhere, could this be another back-doored deal of UD?

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Press Pass Legends
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>No they still have not sent the Pistol back at this time along with the Auerbach, Rupp and Borgmann I sent them way over a month ago. I did see the Maravich sigs on the 3 different mags in their auction. Is that the one your refering to?
    Art >>

Here is the scan

Maravich Will
    image >>

That is a awesome piece. To be honest it should be in Springfield instead of in a private collection. I am defintely keeping a scan of this document for a reference exemplar for future "Pistol" signed pieces. One other thought I just hope that this document does not end up destroyed and the sigs used as cuts on a card, that would truly be a waste IMO

By the way this was the auction I thought you were originally talkiing about.
    Pistol signed Mags
  • Options
    Very cool Maravich docement, I say cut it up and make some cuts!!!! image Just kidding, nice piece and it should be left that way, looks better with 3 autos on it.

I don't belive that i'm doing this, but I got 2 Press Pass autos for my collection. I say that I would never do Press Pass or Sage or any other company like that, but after seeing what Press Pass Legends has done with their product I was very impressed.

They did a great job getting on-card autos and I love these red inscriptions versions, very good job with those cards. I got these two for my collection, Nate "The Great" Thurmond and "Tricky" Dick McGuire, both print run is 25. The regular red without the inscription was numbered to 50.

Giovanni
  • Options

<< <i>Very cool Maravich docement, I say cut it up and make some cuts!!!! image Just kidding, nice piece and it should be left that way, looks better with 3 autos on it.

I don't belive that i'm doing this, but I got 2 Press Pass autos for my collection. I say that I would never do Press Pass or Sage or any other company like that, but after seeing what Press Pass Legends has done with their product I was very impressed.

They did a great job getting on-card autos and I love these red inscriptions versions, very good job with those cards. I got these two for my collection, Nate "The Great" Thurmond and "Tricky" Dick McGuire, both print run is 25. The regular red without the inscription was numbered to 50.

Giovanni >>

Sport,
    I dont believe I'm doing this either as I promised myself not to respond to your posts but I have to admit your card selections lately and your posts have been informative and very articulate as to your efforts in assembling your Basketball HOF Registry Set. My Kudo's to you and your efforts.
    Art
  • Options
    Art, its all good with me man image I'm not a kind of person to hold something against somebody, especialy when theres nothing there image

Thanks man, I do like Press Pass now, they did a pretty cool job with this set, and look forward in their next product, and I look forward to your posts too image

Hows your collection going??? You got me to get into those 92 Center Courts, when I thought I would never do it, but I got the Pop Gates like yours. Try to get it scanned on of these days, to lazy, lol.

Alright Art, talk to you later and thanks again.

Giovanni
  • Options

<< <i>

That is a awesome piece. To be honest it should be in Springfield instead of in a private collection. I am defintely keeping a scan of this document for a reference exemplar for future "Pistol" signed pieces. One other thought I just hope that this document does not end up destroyed and the sigs used as cuts on a card, that would truly be a waste IMO

By the way this was the auction I thought you were originally talkiing about.
    Pistol signed Mags >>

If you click on the link the document is larger,
    I think last year or the year before The HOF was selling one-of-a-kind items at Auction, items that should be in the HOF. I could not believe why they would sell items that can't be replaced.

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Press Pass Legends
  • Options

<< <i>Very cool Maravich docement, I say cut it up and make some cuts!!!! image Just kidding, nice piece and it should be left that way, looks better with 3 autos on it.

Giovanni >>

I really like the PP Legends as well. All on-card autos image and almost no redemption's.
    I just wished they would have waited to released the second set. The first set 06/07 was released around Jan 2007, and this last one 07/08 was released around the end of October 2007, so 2 sets in 9 months.

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Press Pass Legends
  • Options
    Do you know when the next Press Pass Legends set will be? Definetly a set to look in to!

Giovanni
  • Options
    Probably Sept/Oct right at the start of NBA/College hoops.
  • Options
    Thanks Art, sounds good, can't wait to see what they do next.

Art, do you remember how much you paid for your Pop Gates? How much do you think it should sell for? Or how much should it be worth? I want to see if I got ripped off or not.

Is this the only Pop auto out there or is there another one that you know of? Is this card really rare? I know the card itself is serial numbered to 10,000, but I really don't think many were autographed, what are your thoughts on the numbers for auto version?

This card was made in 1992, and he passed away in 1999, so he had about 7 years from the time to card was made to sign, so does anybody have any idea how many he may have signed? Sure, I know its totaly a guess, but does any have a good guess in mind? Any ideas are appreciated.

It a very cool looking set and I like the back as well, very nice cards. Don't belive I would like these, but after seing Art's one and looking and looking for one and couldn't find any autos of him but this card I had no choice. I really don't like an oversized card for my set, but when I got this one it was way smaller than I thought.

Alright guys, talk to ya later and thanks in advance.

Giovanni
  • Options
    That set had 52 cards (2 of them were checklists) and a additional card #PDI for George Mikan as (Player of the Decade 1940's). As you said there were 10,000 printed but every one of them were signed by TTM or in person at shows etc none of them were signed at issue. As for the players the most important ones were as you stated the players with no certified autos or for that matter no mainstream cards Pop Gates is such a player and Lusia Harris Stewart is also in that category so they are tough. Other players who had regular issue cards like Andy Phillip (Deceased) and possibly Jim Pollard who passed away in early 1993 but may have signed are also very desirable and Bill Bradley and Dave Bing only have a handful of authenticated cards so its a good way to get their sigs. Coaches autos also are very desirable on these cards particulary Al McGuire,Red Auerbach, "Big House Gaines and Ray Meyer who have all passed away. There are even two Refs that passed away J Dallas Shirley and John Nucatolo. As far as prices go thats hard to say I recently sold quite a few of them on EBAY and believe me I wont be going to Aruba soon on the profits. LOL The majority of the other players in the set all have authenticated auto cards and are still alive and well. There is one card in the set of a HOFer that passed away in the 60's Bobby McDermott and to my knowledge this is the only card done for him so even though it isnt signed it does have some value for the hard core collectors who are probably most of us and some others who post here on a regular basis. I will say this even as few as three or four years ago there was a lot of signed Center Courts/HOF Bookmarks etc out in the Secondary market but it is drying up so dont worry about how much you spent on your card as it may not be that readily available in the near future. I still have some signed raw cards downstairs and I think some graded cards also from this set in my basement if I dig them up I'll let you and the other collectors know.
    Art

Ps, I have a Bradley,Pop Gates and Harris-Stewart in my player collection and opened up this collectors showcaes for Coaches/Contributors and Refs and I have some Center Courts signed in this collection.
    Basketball HOF Co/.Contrib/Refs
  • Options
    I have a few autographics for sale if anyone is interested. If you would like to see some scans, please let me know! Shipping is $2.

96-97 Autographics- Latrell Sprewell- $15
    96-97 Autographics- Tim Hardaway- $10
    96-97 Autographics- Joe Smith- $10
    96-97 Autographics- Eddie Jones- *SOLD*

97-98 Autographics- Grant Hill- $70
    97-98 Autographics- Juwan Howard- $15
    97-98 Autographics- Vin Baker- $12
    97-98 Autographics- Jim Jackson- $8
    97-98 Autographics- Nick Van Exel- *SOLD*
    97-98 Autographics- Dikembe Mutombo- $15

98-99 Autographics- Keith Van Horn- *SOLD*
    98-99 Autographics- Glenn Robinson- $10
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    Hey guys, check it out, I finaly got everything off my scanner so I could scan this card image

I was lucky to find one with his full name William "Pop" Gates, plus he included an inscription "H.O.F. 1989"

I couldn't be more happy with this card, I just love it to death!!!!!!!!

This card by the way also looks to be in Gem Mint to me, but I couldn't care less about the grade anyway, and don't think I would send it in for grading, its fine just the way it is I think.

What cha guys think? How did I do? Paid 65 bucks, which included shipping and authentication from PSA.

Giovanni
  • Options
    Gio, that is a very nice piece.. I just got these cards in a few days ago from a personal collector.. If anyone should have any I need, I would love to try and work out a deal.

• Options

<< <i>That set had 52 cards (2 of them were checklists) and a additional card #PDI for George Mikan as (Player of the Decade 1940's). As you said there were 10,000 printed but every one of them were signed by TTM or in person at shows etc none of them were signed at issue. As for the players the most important ones were as you stated the players with no certified autos or for that matter no mainstream cards Pop Gates is such a player and Lusia Harris Stewart is also in that category so they are tough. Other players who had regular issue cards like Andy Phillip (Deceased) and possibly Jim Pollard who passed away in early 1993 but may have signed are also very desirable and Bill Bradley and Dave Bing only have a handful of authenticated cards so its a good way to get their sigs. Coaches autos also are very desirable on these cards particulary Al McGuire,Red Auerbach, "Big House Gaines and Ray Meyer who have all passed away. There are even two Refs that passed away J Dallas Shirley and John Nucatolo. As far as prices go thats hard to say I recently sold quite a few of them on EBAY and believe me I wont be going to Aruba soon on the profits. LOL The majority of the other players in the set all have authenticated auto cards and are still alive and well. There is one card in the set of a HOFer that passed away in the 60's Bobby McDermott and to my knowledge this is the only card done for him so even though it isnt signed it does have some value for the hard core collectors who are probably most of us and some others who post here on a regular basis. I will say this even as few as three or four years ago there was a lot of signed Center Courts/HOF Bookmarks etc out in the Secondary market but it is drying up so dont worry about how much you spent on your card as it may not be that readily available in the near future. I still have some signed raw cards downstairs and I think some graded cards also from this set in my basement if I dig them up I'll let you and the other collectors know.
    Art

Ps, I have a Bradley,Pop Gates and Harris-Stewart in my player collection and opened up this collectors showcaes for Coaches/Contributors and Refs and I have some Center Courts signed in this collection.
    Basketball HOF Co/.Contrib/Refs >>

Nice seeing all those scans image in your set.
    That is something I have been wanting to do for years!!
    Are you going for the Action packed Set? So far I have 36 autos.

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Press Pass Legends
  • Options
    Joe,

Those are great looking cards man.

I have the Monroe and the Baylor, but the regular versions.

Keep up the great work and look forward in seing the rest of your collection image

Giovanni
  • Options

Basketball HOF Co/.Contrib/Refs >>

Nice seeing all those scans image in your set.
    That is something I have been wanting to do for years!!
    Are you going for the Action packed Set? So far I have 36 autos. >>

I picked up some action packed last night because as usual they are always overlooked by autograph collectors and usually grade out pretty well when sent into PSA due to the rounded edges on the card. The Buddy Jeanette is in my opinion a steal at under $10 and the Connie Hawkins has his full name written on the front which for some reason he does not do anymore. But to answer your question on putting the set together that would be No. I actually had a complete set graded by Beckett on their website 3 years ago and traded off the major cards to a collector friend of mine for signed HOF Bookmarks he had in Pristeen condition.
  • Options
    DrJDrJ Posts: 2,213
    Just got this Julius Erving in the Mail Today. I love the full action shot on this card....

• Options
    Very nice Justin. The card looks really nice should do well when graded. By the way men I have put up some HOF auto's you may be interested in A Connie Hawkins PSA/DNA 7 with his full name, Jack Twyman PSA/DNA 7 ,Dick Mcguire PSA 8 and a Dave Bing PSA 9 Refractor auto numbered #18 out of 20 (You may like this one Sport). Take a look at the link if you get a chance.
    Art

Arts auctions
  • Options
    Reese I received the item you sent me. Very nice and its going to PSA/DNA to get authenticated pronto.
    Thanks again
    Art
  • Options
    Hey Justing, great looking card!

Erving looks like he's jumping out of the card, very cool.

Art, nice looking Bing, and if not mistaken thats one of the lowest serial numbering of Bing?

Why are you getting rid of such a card? Don't you need this for your set? You got a better one?

I'm not a fan of sticker autos, but I think that he's only cards right? Just that theirs different levels or something, but the same card and I think thats the lowest, not to sure.

Thanks for the heads up, i'll definetly keep my eye on it.

Giovanni
  • Options
    Hey Joe, what happened man, were did you go? lol

Lets see more cards image

Anybody got any scans?

I'm waiting for 10 cards from PSA, hopefuly they'll at the post office tommorow, then I will scan them.

Giovanni
  • Options

<< <i>Reese I received the item you sent me. Very nice and its going to PSA/DNA to get authenticated pronto.
    Thanks again
    Art >>

Glad you got it ok Art. Hope you like it!

Reese
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    DrJDrJ Posts: 2,213

<< <i>Hey guys, check it out, I finaly got everything off my scanner so I could scan this card image

I was lucky to find one with his full name William "Pop" Gates, plus he included an inscription "H.O.F. 1989"

I couldn't be more happy with this card, I just love it to death!!!!!!!!

This card by the way also looks to be in Gem Mint to me, but I couldn't care less about the grade anyway, and don't think I would send it in for grading, its fine just the way it is I think.

What cha guys think? How did I do? Paid 65 bucks, which included shipping and authentication from PSA.

Giovanni >>

Gio,

I like the card, but I thought your were against these oversized beauties? You are flip flopping more than a presidnetial candidate. image
  • Options
    LOL

Thanks Justin, I love that card image

I have no choice with Pop Gates, thats his only auto out there!

Yes, I would be 100% against the over sized cards, but only if he had other regular sized cards, not the case for Gates, thats his only one, so I got no choice image

Giovanni
  • Options
    Hey guys, just wanted to share my submission I got back of the 10 cards. I couldn't do a video break because my brother took his cam back image I gotta get my own at some point image

Anyway, here it is. Let me know what cha think.

Some low grades but really don't care, as long as the auto is cool.

Giovanni
  • Options
    Guees the grade image

I already have a DeBusschere for my set registry, but I just might upgrade with this one!

Giovanni
  • Options

<< <i>Hey guys, just wanted to share my submission I got back of the 10 cards. I couldn't do a video break because my brother took his cam back image I gotta get my own at some point image

Anyway, here it is. Let me know what cha think.

Some low grades but really don't care, as long as the auto is cool.

Giovanni >>

Nice!! I really like the SLATER MARTIN/VERN MIKKELSEN and the GEORGE GERVIN FAMOUS NICKNAMES-AUTO .

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Press Pass Legends
  • Options

<< <i>Guees the grade image

I already have a DeBusschere for my set registry, but I just might upgrade with this one!

Giovanni >>

since you mention upgrade it must be a PSA 10 !! That one should go for a huge premium if you ever sell it

Congrats!!

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Press Pass Legends