Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Silver, Gold, Platinum Eagles, Buffalo Issues, Mints Intentions, Historical and current sales data f

Comments

• Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Premiums for the AGE proofs will drop very soon-- if not already with this announcement.

The only reason they were so high is because of the lack of Proof Gold AGE's for precious metal IRA's. >>

I guess some eBayers haven't got the memo yet. Two $50 AGE proofs sold for more than $1750 each in the last few hours. A third one sold for $1550, but it had a slight crease in the OGP.

P.S.: Post # 8200!

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    it's amazing how fast word travels - don't be surprised if offers take a nose dive very soon on those common proof AGE's

actually 1750 is not very strong, considering about 10% all in fees, nets around 1575. You can do better wholesaling to one of the big boys.
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2010 is turning out to be almost as CC draining as 2008; almost.

Whereas 2008 offered everyting from Buffaloes to Platinums and Golds of all sorts, 2010 has snuck up and surprised me with the Plats, the Buchanan's, and now....

the possibility of a market changing Gold Proof or UNC Set!

Many of you will recall the never visible respite our CC's expeienced in the heady PM (that quickly changed to ascending PM) days of 2008.

At least the PM prices have remained somewhat stable........for now!

Put me down for alot....of anything

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭
    Yep, a pretty dull year has gotten pretty interesting.

Don't forget about the 5oz's. And that they might make Proofs of those.

As for the AGE, it says 25,000 singles and 39,000 1oz'ers for the 4 coin set.

• Options
    aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭

"we believe Congress might consider legislative releif to allow some SILVER PROOF production."

• Options
    My credit cards were hit Thursday late and my cancel boxes for the last Liberty were gone Friday morning. Still in stock and reserved but no tracking number. I think this is good. We will have plenty of time to look over the data this week on the sales report.

Has anyone been given a shipment tracking number for a Buch. Liberty order?

Eric
  • Options
    ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My credit cards were hit Thursday late and my cancel boxes for the last Liberty were gone Friday morning. Still in stock and reserved but no tracking number. I think this is good. We will have plenty of time to look over the data this week on the sales report.

Has anyone been given a shipment tracking number for a Buch. Liberty order?

Eric >>

I'm in the same boat as your in.......looks like it will be soon now.
  • Options
    Gold is at $1256, is it likely that the Mint's price for First Spouse and Buffalo will go up this week?

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    right now the average is 1248.91, still inside the price range.

if the average is still inside the current range, there will be no move... even if the wed. pm fix is outside.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    I got my first order in about 12:00, and I do not have a tracking number yet.
  • Options
    When does First Strike begin since some people already received them from the Mint in Philadelphia and/or Denver?
  • Options
    BurnieBurnie Posts: 436 ✭✭✭
    These coins are not available at the Denver Mint. I tried already...
    BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • Options
    I know this whole deal is strange. We know the coins are struck already because they are being sold in hand over the counter in DC. Orders are confirmed and cards have been charged but no one that I know of has a tracking number meaning nothing is in the mail. 2.5 business days later?

Is the 3 day national holiday messing them up or is something going on? Guess we will know this week.

THEY TELL ME AS OF THE CLOSE OF BUSINESS 9/5/2010 THEY HAD ORDERS FOR:

3,641 PROOF BUCHANNONS
    2,486 MS BUCHANNONS
    $10 GOLD LIBERTY

Eric
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    In stock and reserved for 5 Proofs and 5 MS. Cancel boxes gone. So they are selling these at the Mint Kiosk in Union Station in DC, just called to confirm, that makes the FS deadline Oct.2?
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2010 W AGE proof go on sale mid-October. Those are some high proposed mintages.
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Buchanan's (12:01 order time) shipped today. Tracking info says delivery tomorrow before 10:00 am.
  • Options

<< <i>In stock and reserved for 5 Proofs and 5 MS. Cancel boxes gone. So they are selling these at the Mint Kiosk in Union Station in DC, just called to confirm, that makes the FS deadline Oct.2? >>

No Date Set, Yet
    But the earliest it would be would be Oct. 3, since they start the clock when PCGS receives the first ones.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    I have a tracking number for my second order which has unc. Buchanan.
  • Options
    ronsrons Posts: 338 ✭✭
    2 proof 1 unc

Order Date: 09/02/2010 at 12:02 AM

Order Status: Your order request is in process.
    "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    My coins are scheduled for delivery on Wednesday.
  • Options
    using both the am and pm fixings, the average is over $1250 and the wed. pm fix is outside the current range.

that would indicate a price increase if my calculations are correct.
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>using both the am and pm fixings, the average is over $1250 and the wed. pm fix is outside the current range.

that would indicate a price increase if my calculations are correct. >>

That would put the proofs over $800. Ouch. Much higher and I think the Mint is going to lose me on these; and to think they started out in the $400's, I think, just 3 years ago. I have been trying to ignor the cost premium of the Spouse coins up to now but 27% is really starting to look very high to me, especially at this price level.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    For you early Buck-Liberty recipients, post a pic of the four Liberty's together.
  • Options
    "From Coin Update, By Michael Zielinski on September 8th, 2010

Sarah Polk Proof (2009) 5,157* 97 [1st number is total, 2nd number is change]
    Sarah Polk Uncirculated (2009) 3,501* 106
    Margaret Taylor Proof (2009) 4,230 40
    Margaret Taylor Uncirculated (2009) 2,791 123
    Abigail Fillmore Proof (2010) 4,807 89
    Abigail Fillmore Uncirculated (2010) 2,937 235
    Jane Pierce Proof (2010) 3,683 114
    Jane Pierce Uncirculated (2010) 2,058 153
    Buchanan’s Liberty Proof (2010) 3,641 3,641
    Buchanan’s Liberty Uncirculated (2010) 2,486 2,486"

Besides the Bunchanan's Liberty has strong sales, as Eric has already pointed out, the UNC sales of Taylor, Fillmore, and Pierce has also gone up dramatically. Does it mean some big dealer(s) is also buying aggressively and betting on the FS series will become more popular again? Or do they just replenish they stock?
    BST reference: wondercoin, cone10, fivecents, jmdm1194, goldman86
  • Options
    I see that PCGS's price guide is starting to show some separation in recent Spouse coins.
  • Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭
    Received my Buch's this morning.
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got mine today - 7 days to decide whether to send the extras back or not.... will they sell out fast (and thus be flippable) or not??.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    What do you all think about the possible USM High Relief from this thread:

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=26&threadid=787526

The UHR Saint was a UHR (as opposed to an HR). Have there been any HRs issued by The Mint since 1907?

Why make this one a HR??? I understood that UHR Saint as it was supposed to recreate (to some extent) the original but why this? Is the US Mint going in the direction of the Canadian and Perth Mint in issuing various HR and UHR coins?
  • Options
    My stack of Libs....

• Options
    I received my Buckys yesterday and both proofs have a tiny frost break on the reverse in the exact same spot on the desk. Is this true on all of them or will this prevent a 70 for certain? Pictures after I get home from work
    "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
  • Options

<< <i>I received my Buckys yesterday and both proofs have a tiny frost break on the reverse in the exact same spot on the desk. Is this true on all of them or will this prevent a 70 for certain? Pictures after I get home from work >>

Same for mine. The break is very, very small. Doubt that it would kill a 70 but don't know for sure of course.
  • Options
    Anyone need a free COA for a 1986 1oz proof AGE. No holder, just COA. PM me if anyone wants it.

GO STEELERS image
  • Options
    The new Buch. Lib sales numbers will be out tomorrow...is this correct? Thanks
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just looked at 4 proofs and all but one were speckled with numerous frost breaks on both sides. The "better" coin had only a few very minor breaks. Not sure if it's worth submitting.

How does pcgs & ngc treat the breaks? Can a very minor break pass the 70 test? If anyone has a graded coin in hand, it would be interesting to know. >>

I posted this on another Buch's thread and there have been a few similar inquiries with no responses. Anyone here willing to share their experience?
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today's Mint press release of 2011 annual sets being available in January 2011 makes one ponder... SEE HERE

This means much of the Mint's resources will be going to pre-production of sets during late 2010. How will this affect production for 2010 coins yet this year?

With AGE proofs/fractionals, 5 oz silver coasters, Mary T Lincoln GFS, and ASE proofs (wishful) still pending, it seems something will be SHORTED. What's it gonna be?

edited to fix busted link
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options

<< <i>Today's Mint press release of 2011 annual sets being available in January 2011 makes one ponder... SEE HERE.

This means much of the Mint's resources will be going to pre-production of sets during late 2010. How will this affect production for 2010 coins yet this year?

With AGE proofs/fractionals, 5 oz silver coasters, Mary T Lincoln GFS, and ASE proofs (wishful) still pending, it seems something will be SHORTED. What's it gonna be? >>

your link is not workng
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

• Options

• Options
    drfishdrfish Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the Buhanan proofs with minute frost breaks ,I sent the best two of my seven proofs into PCGS for grading-I'll post results here as soon as I get them.The two I sent had some very minute frost breaks in the curls of Liberties hair.
  • Options
    Gold is at $1265 as I type. Could mean price jumps at the Mint this week for gold Buchanan, other First Spouse and Buffalo gold proof.

• Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Today's Mint press release of 2011 annual sets being available in January 2011 makes one ponder... SEE HERE.

With AGE proofs/fractionals, 5 oz silver coasters, Mary T Lincoln GFS, and ASE proofs (wishful) still pending, it seems something will be SHORTED. What's it gonna be? >>

It means the Fed's need money. However, it may have an effect on the 2010 coins, like no silver and gold eagles.
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone heard of any "good" reasons why gold is popping $25/ounce and plat is jumping by more than $40/ounce today?

All the usual macroeconomic issues aside, I'm not seeing anything too surprising to cause such a significant jump today.
  • Options
    PARTY TIME!!!

Did anyone realize this thread started 3 years ago today??

As an anniversary gift to all I've stepped in this morning and goosed the PM markets!! image

When did you first post on this thread??

For me it was 9-17-07
  • Options

<< <i>PARTY TIME!!!

Did anyone realize this thread started 3 years ago today??

As an anniversary gift to all I've stepped in this morning and goosed the PM markets!! image

When did you first post on this thread??

For me it was 9-17-07
    image >>

9-15-07, 17th post in thread.

• Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone heard of any "good" reasons why gold is popping $25/ounce and plat is jumping by more than $40/ounce today? >>

Irrational behavior by investors. Why to stock jump one day and drop the next. Generally due to some report. In this case, I am sure it is because " . . . weak news about European growth got investors worried about the economy again. German investor confidence fell sharply in September and industrial production unexpectedly stagnated during July in the countries that use the euro."
  • Options
    I am looking for some advice. Which spouse subset of liberty's will be more in demand, the proofs or uncirculated?
    Ships are safe in harbor but thats not what ships were built for.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    I am trying to collect the Liberties in First Strike MS 70. Just need the Jackson and hopefully I have a MS 70 Buchanan Liberty already. Thought the proofs are nicer and more popular I like the MS versions personally.
  • Options
    SEPT 14TH 2007 I THINK! LOLOLOL

AS OF THE 12TH CLOSE OF BUSINESS

PROOF 4,421
    UNC 2,978
    $10 GOLD BUCK LIBS

WELL AT LEAST THEY MAY STILL BE SHORT STRUCK

ERIC
  • Options

<< <i>I am looking for some advice. Which spouse subset of liberty's will be more in demand, the proofs or uncirculated? >>

PROOFS!

Virtually every modern commemorative gold and silver coin, including First Spouse, has higher proof mintages than uncirculated mintages (typically by a 3/1 margin or greater), even though the initial prices were higher for proofs. This reflects initial collector demand when given the choice between the two finishes. The only exceptions are the early First Spouse coins, which had identical fixed mintage limits for proof and uncirculated coins.

Regarding the Liberty subset, the high-contrast proofs are *much* more attractive than the relatively flat uncirculated coins. Because of this, I expect prices for the Jackson / Van Buren coins to eventually be considerably higher for the proofs, in spite of their somewhat higher mintage.

• Options

<< <i>Collectors many start to not worry about collecting all 4 denominations in proof and Mint State finishes be it platinum or gold
    Page 14 with the following prediction by Jamakin that is dead on!!!
    Exactly what I do with the platinum series. Too much moola to collect them in the $50 and $100 denominations.
    I am happy with collecting only the $10 and $25 options. Proof and uncirculated w's only , the direct to dealer bullion uncirculated have dropped off my list completely. And at the rate platinum is climbing the $25's might stop after '08
    I wish the mint would swith to palladium so I could afford to collect the entire run each year. >>

I made my first appearance on page 44 March 6th image
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>SEPT 14TH 2007 I THINK! LOLOLOL

AS OF THE 12TH CLOSE OF BUSINESS

PROOF 4,421
    UNC 2,978
    $10 GOLD BUCK LIBS

WELL AT LEAST THEY MAY STILL BE SHORT STRUCK

ERIC >>

What happened to the perceived and predicted Huge amount of interest this was going to generate???

I am suprised by the very slight interest. Yes, with the impending price change, may there be a bit of buying froth?

Well, we do have the 2010 Plat Proofs for a definitive and "predictable" sell-out! What's next in line?

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file