Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Cal Ripken Jr. Set Registry

Comments

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    By the way, I finally got my Cal Jr. 1988 Topps Auto!! Just bought it today!! Time to send them in to PSA for Authentication!! image

image.

• Options
    tunahead08tunahead08 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just wanna give a heads up. The 90 Topps Ripken thats closing tomorrow night I'm gonna be going after pretty aggresively. So I hope I don't step on too many toes but I REALLY want that card right now! Lets just say that we'll definitely be in trip digits by close if it takes that... >>

Oh yeah?! Well I'm bidding quadruple digits! Just kidding, I had my eye on it but don't really have the funds for much over $20 these days image
  • Options
    Because I'm bored and also working on scanning my entire Ripken collection in, here's my Ripken's of the day:

1988 and 1989 French Bray. Unfortunately, I don't have the 1987.
  • Options
    Got these on the BST board today

2000 UD Pros and Prospects Cal Ripken #20 PSA 10
    1994 Flair Cal Ripken #8 PSA 10
    1997 Bowmans Best Cal Ripken #64 PSA 10
    1986 Donruss Cal Ripken #210 PSA 10
  • Options
    MrVintageMrVintage Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭
    nice pickups. Do you have a Ripken registry?
  • Options

<< <i>nice pickups. Do you have a Ripken registry? >>

Just started. Wish I had held on to all the PSA 10 Ripkens I sold on eBay in the last couple of years.
  • Options
    K,

I've got that 90 Topps on my watch list also, but if you are willing to go that high I'll back down and let you fight off the rest of the pack and see how you fair without me adding to the closing price! Just make sure that the next time you see one of these available(will be awhile) you let me know so I or other Ripkeners can take a shot at it. I'm looking to buy a house and will be putting an offer in this weekend so needless to say the extra cash that it'd take to win won't be flowing from my pockets. Best of luck, it's a great looking card. I picked up the 89 Topps Ripken and 88 Topps Sandberg, so I've had some fun for the week even without the 90 Ripken. As for the 92 Donruss Ryan, I wasn't looking for that card but thanks for keeping me in mind with your upcoming subs! Best of luck!
    Le Mieux Collection
    #19 All Time 500 Goal Scorers
    #41 All Time 3000 Strikeouts Club
    #25 Cal Ripken Jr. Basic Topps
    #4 Greg Maddux Basic Topps
    #7 Ryne Sandberg Basic Topps
    #1 Fank Thomas Rookies 100%
    #1 Chipper Jones Rookies 100%
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry I meant the Maddux, not the Ryan...

I've got a stack of about 50 BC1 Ripkens. I figure I'll submit 10 and then spread the wealth. I'm down to my last 4 boxes of the case now. There has definitely been very liitle joy in opening all these packs. I seriously have a new appreciation to the variety you see in packs now.
  • Options
    Down to four boxes and still no Elite?? There is usually at least ONE Elite per box, right? Even if it's one of the non-signed ones. Huh...
  • Options

<< <i>Down to four boxes and still no Elite?? There is usually at least ONE Elite per box, right? Even if it's one of the non-signed ones. Huh... >>

I think there is only one elite per case.
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    There might not even be one in every case. Those Elites are like finding a needle in a haystack, except that hay is much more valuable than the stuff that you dig through to find this needle.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    I've been opening the boxes with a 55 gallon trash bag in front of me. I've trashed just about everything except for the stars and the Diamond Kings. Problem is that now the bag weighs almost 50 lbs!
  • Options
    Sorry, I meant to say one per case, not per box. That's what I get for late posting after a few beers. image
  • Options
    Maybe I'll have a BBQ this weekend and have a bonfire at night. I'm sure that 50 lbs of cardboard would burn for at least a few minutes or so...
  • Options
    K,

Thanks for the offer on the Maddux, but I'm only working on the Basic Topps right now, so I have no need for that one. Check with lsutigers1973, I think he is working up the master set and might be interested. As for the BBQ and bonfire, sounds about right, that's the best thing for all that cardboard. Just don't break any city ordinances image
    Le Mieux Collection
  • Options
    Anybody happen to have a PSA 10 Ripken 87 Topps they would part with. I'm trying to track that one down and there are a decent amount in the pop, but I just haven't seen one for sale in a long time.
    Le Mieux Collection
  • Options

<< <i>Maybe I'll have a BBQ this weekend and have a bonfire at night. I'm sure that 50 lbs of cardboard would burn for at least a few minutes or so... >>

Maybe if enough people try to go after the Elite's from unopened cases, 92 Donruss base cards will actually become rare image
  • Options
    I just got off the phone with the owner of a local hobby shop. He told me that every year he donates thousands of cards to a local boy scout troop. Then they sell the cards on Ebay and use the profit to help fund camping trips. So I think I'm gonna throw them all in 5000 ct boxes and haul them all over there to help a good cause instead of helping my cause of getting drunk in my backyard with a bunch of my buddies while having a bonfire...
  • Options
    Plus, with the ink used in the '92 Donruss cards, I'm pretty sure that flame would be all different colors, like when you burn full-color newspaper ads. image
  • Options
    That could be a neat show, but I'm all for supporting the kids, sounds like a much better cause. Still beer in the backyard and a bonfire is a good cause in its self.
    Le Mieux Collection
  • Options
    So I just opened the last pack of the case and am pleased to announce I got the shaft! Not a single Elite card in the entire case! Not even a crappy Howard Johnson! I sifted through 10,800 cards for nothing! To anyone who has ever thought about doing what I just did take my advice and DON'T DO IT! I swear I was going delirious by the time I got to the last few boxes. I actually have 2 small blisters on my fingers from opening the 720 crappy packs. This was more of an effort then I had honestly anticipated. I will never do this ever again. Screw the Boy Scouts. This pile of crap is gonna burn!
  • Options
    Sometimes I have no idea why I do what I do...

90 Topps Close on Ebay
  • Options
    Sorry for the bad luck with the 92 Donruss, but you have to be happy to be the owner of the 90 Topps! Glad you had some good news for the day.
    Le Mieux Collection
  • Options
    Congrats on the 90 Topps!!

Was the 1992 Donruss case sealed? I swear it was supposed to be one Elite per case.
  • Options
    It's not guaranteed 1 per case, that's just what the average works out to be.
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Sometimes I have no idea why I do what I do...

90 Topps Close on Ebay >>

I get the same feeling SOMETIMES ?
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    Won these 2, hoping to cross them over to PSA 10's

imageimage

Also won a 1996 UD Ripken Collection #3 PSA 10, which I can't add to my 1996 Ripken Collection set because PSA labeled the card wrong and says it's an invalid spec when I try to add it. Good times.
  • Options
    Very nice! That 90 Topps looks extremely crisp! Good catch.
  • Options
    If that 90 Topps makes a 10 would you be willing to sell? I'm looking hard for one!
    Le Mieux Collection
  • Options
    Nice pick ups. Good luck breaking into to those BGS slabs.
    Collector Focus

• Options

<< <i>Nice pick ups. Good luck breaking into to those BGS slabs. >>

I've got my methods for cracking them image
  • Options

<< <i>Nice pick ups. Good luck breaking into to those BGS slabs. >>

Definitely tough getting them out. I'm working on cracking a BGS 9 82 Traded, but I'm extremely paranoid about damaging the card. Their holders are definitely a force to be rekoned with!
  • Options
    I have a BGS that I want to bust, but I have the same concern. I plan on cracking the top corner with a pair of pliers, then wedging it open with a screwdriver. Good times! lol
  • Options
    I have cracked maybe 10 and everyone was a bear.
    Collector Focus

• Options
    BkritzBkritz Posts: 1,093 ✭✭
    If anyone needs these Cal Ripken Jr.'s, $5 each delivered for the 9s, and $9 for the 10. Or $25 total delivered for the 4.

psa 9s

1994 Coll. Choice # 240
    1995 Stad. Club # 239
    1996 Fleer Update # u237
    1990 UD # 266

psa 10

1995 topps # 387

PM me!
  • Options
    Ask and you shall receive!

1990 Topps PSA 10

Good luck! I'm out of this one too.
  • Options
    How tough are the 93 Donruss Preview Ripken?
    Collector Focus

• Options
    Only 3 graded, an 8, 9, and 10. Not too sure on how tough they are on grading though. Not enough examples to tell.
  • Options

<< <i>Ask and you shall receive!

1990 Topps PSA 10

Good luck! I'm out of this one too. >>

Boys, I'm going the full 9 on this one, just incase anyone else is looking to bid. As K said before, whatever it takes!
    Le Mieux Collection
  • Options
    Good Luck on it. I won't be bidding against you. I am watching it though just to see.
  • Options
    I won't be bidding on it either. Good with the BGS one for now.
  • Options
    It appears you have competition on the 1990 Topps.
  • Options
    Doing some more scanning for my Ripken site. Here's some of my favorites for the day:

Probably my most bizarre PSA Cal that I have. I won this on eBay for a penny!

imageimage

Hoping PSA grades these, as I would like to have it slabbed someday. 1985 Rawlings Glove tags:

imageimage
  • Options
    See you at the bidding table. Still, if you win it over me, I won't mind so much because I know its going to the Ripken registy, that I can handle!
    Le Mieux Collection
  • Options
    Please just give up now. I will not be outbid. image
  • Options
    Tuna
    I love that kind of stuff especially the glove tag. As for grading it that would look great!
    Collector Focus

• Options

<< <i>Please just give up now. I will not be outbid. image >>

Looks like getting mine for $150 will be a bargain...
  • Options
    Some scans for the day, some of my favorite Cal's, the 1985 discs! (Just smack me if you guys get annoyed with these btw)

imageimage
    imageimage

imageimage
    Subway (Yellow) and Thom McAn Jox

imageimage
    KAS Square Proof and Subway (Blue)
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Please just give up now. I will not be outbid. image >>

Looks like getting mine for $150 will be a bargain... >>

Looks like your wish is granted, I'm not going to be in on the bidding war for that one. I just picked one up today for $125 shipped. I have the cert number already, but not going to add it to the set until the card gets in. Best of luck on the other one, it's a beauty too!
    Le Mieux Collection
  • Options
    400!! image