Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Cal Ripken Jr. Set Registry

Comments

• Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭
    Nice job on the 90 Donruss Best!
    Here is a couple to add to my small but growing Ripken collection.
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    These are in hand today...I never knew they were such beautiful pieces.

Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    It's been a lot of fun getting to talk to you fellow Ripkeners!
    Le Mieux Collection
    #19 All Time 500 Goal Scorers
    #41 All Time 3000 Strikeouts Club
    #25 Cal Ripken Jr. Basic Topps
    #4 Greg Maddux Basic Topps
    #7 Ryne Sandberg Basic Topps
    #1 Fank Thomas Rookies 100%
    #1 Chipper Jones Rookies 100%
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice pieces BoB!
  • Options
    Just found this in a box downstairs.
    Adding it to my small but growing Ripken collection.
    Collector Focus

• Options
    tunahead08tunahead08 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭
    Mailday scan:

• Options
    Also got this:

1987 French Bray Orioles complete sheet. Unfortunately it got damaged in shipping and ended up with some dinged corners and creases. One of the creases went through Cal image Luckily the seller refunded the money and said to keep the sheet.
  • Options
    That's way cool! Sorry to hear about the FB cards, at least he gave you a refund.
  • Options
    Yeah I was disappointed with the Bray as I have multiples of the 88 and 89 and was hoping for a nice 87. Ah well, I will keep searching image
  • Options
    Oh and if anyone saw my scans of the 88 and 89 Bray's awhile back, you'll notice that the same pic was used for both the 87 and 88. The biggest differences are on the front of the 87, they list his position as "IF" and the "fb" logo is in black. On the 88 the position is "SS" and the "fb" logo is in orange. Also the backs look almost the same but one has stats through 1986 and the other through 1987.

imageimage
  • Options
    Oh and if anyone wants to pick up something fairly rare... there is a 1985 Rawlings Glove Tag up on eBay right now. Link

Wish I could be bidding but I'm done buying for awhile. Actually going to be putting up a few of my PSA Ripken's on eBay tonight, including a few pop 1's. image
  • Options
    I think that's the same photo from the team postcards too. I'll have to check mine when I get home. I received one with a stamped auto on it when I tried to get a card signed TTM back in 1989.
  • Options
    Excellent pickups Don! That Tetley is like a razor!
  • Options
    We're slacking, this thread fell to the 2nd page image
  • Options
    Have a few pop 1 and other low pop PSA 10 Ripken's up on eBay right now

Link
  • Options
    Yeah I noticed his auctions when they were first posted. I have his 1990 Woolworth and his 1999 Pacific Crown Royale on my watch list.

I have "ripken psa 10" (sorted by newest) as a saved search and I check it about 10 times a day, so not much in PSA 10 slips past me! image
  • Options
    Hopefully these will be the only ones I have to sell and I won't have to dig a little deeper image
  • Options
    Today's scan 1997 Score Team Collection Premier Club "Gold". These are super tough to find! The scanner makes it look more silverish, but if you hold it in your hand without the light reflecting on it, it appears gold.

imageimage
  • Options
    Holy crap, I totally had no idea those were your auctions! I feel like a moron now... lol. In that case, I'll have to try extra hard to win them! image

I love the 1997 Score! Looking it up on my checklist, I think it's actually considered a "1997 Pinnacle Certified Certified Gold Team". I have the non-gold version. Pretty cool!
  • Options

<< <i>Holy crap, I totally had no idea those were your auctions! I feel like a moron now... lol. In that case, I'll have to try extra hard to win them! image

I love the 1997 Score! Looking it up on my checklist, I think it's actually considered a "1997 Pinnacle Certified Certified Gold Team". I have the non-gold version. Pretty cool! >>

This is what a Certified Gold Team looks like...different card...much easier to come by...although this is the mirror version /25. The base version isn't shiney...

• Options
    I think you're right. I can't really dig mine up right now, but I do believe you. Are both Pinnacle and Score versions #7? I took my checklist from the Becket player list, and I can't find the Score version anywhere. I'll dig mine up tomorrow when it won't wake up the wife. image
  • Options

<< <i>I think you're right. I can't really dig mine up right now, but I do believe you. Are both Pinnacle and Score versions #7? I took my checklist from the Becket player list, and I can't find the Score version anywhere. I'll dig mine up tomorrow when it won't wake up the wife. image >>

Yeah both the Pinnacle Certified and Score Team Collection are #7. The Team Collection has 3 versions, the base card, the Platinum Team which is a silver foil, and the Premier Club which is the gold foil. The Platinum Teams were 1 per 6 packs and the Premier Club were 1 per 31 packs. According to the SCD Catalog only 100 cases of each team were produced.

And yeah, those are my auctions image Starting a business and needed a little bit of cash, so hopefully these will cover it for now!
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    I'd love to jump on a couple of your auctions but I'm experiencing a small financial crisis right now.

Me and my gf were both saving for a trip to the Caymen islands. I had finally saved up all the money and was ready to go, but it burned a hole in my pocket and I spent it all on cards! So I had her switch my ebay password, and I told her no matter what not to let me have it til July 1st. It was either this or we break up.

So unfortunately I can only browse right now. Hopefully she doesn't forget it...
  • Options
    Those Score Team cards were sold at the ballparks I think? Anywho the premier club gold are pretty much non existent.
    That Ripken is worth a few bucks I am sure?
    Collector Focus

• Options
    I added the 1991 Topps DS to my list. image
  • Options

<< <i>I added the 1991 Topps DS to my list. image >>

It's a pretty nice 9, one of my favorite cards! I hope you win it so I know it's going to a good home image

<< <i>Those Score Team cards were sold at the ballparks I think? Anywho the premier club gold are pretty much non existent.
    That Ripken is worth a few bucks I am sure? >>

Yep! Each team was sold at their respective ballpark. The Ripken wasn't too bad actually, I bought it with a lot of 25 Platinum Team Ripken's for $50. There's actually a Premier Club Ripken on the bay right now for $45. If I had cash to spend I wouldn't mind picking another one up! It's believed that there are only about 50 of the Premier Club's out there.

<< <i>I'd love to jump on a couple of your auctions but I'm experiencing a small financial crisis right now.

Me and my gf were both saving for a trip to the Caymen islands. I had finally saved up all the money and was ready to go, but it burned a hole in my pocket and I spent it all on cards! So I had her switch my ebay password, and I told her no matter what not to let me have it til July 1st. It was either this or we break up.

So unfortunately I can only browse right now. Hopefully she doesn't forget it... >>

Yikes man! I hope it works out between you two. I've done stuff like that before too... a bit addicted to eBay, but there's just so many good Ripken's out there image
  • Options

<< <i>Yikes man! I hope it works out between you two. I've done stuff like that before too... a bit addicted to eBay, but there's just so many good Ripken's out there image >>

Things will be fine. I am addicted to ebay and this is probably for the best. The new password is written on a piece of paper in her jewelery box just so that I know I won't be locked out of my account forever. Regardless I owe it to her. She just got back from a 7 month deployment to the Persian gulf and was really looking forward to this trip. It shouldn't take me too long to save the money back up. Only took 2 months the last time. So I'll be back in the hunt before you know it.
  • Options
    My problem is I buy a lot of "cheap" items for under $10 thinking that it won't be too bad on my wallet. Then 30 $10 items later I realize I've spent too much image
  • Options
    I'm right there with ya tuna, I nickle and dime myself to death on ebay. It's worth it though! image

Good luck K, she sounds like she's worth it!
  • Options

<< <i>My problem is I buy a lot of "cheap" items for under $10 thinking that it won't be too bad on my wallet. Then 30 $10 items later I realize I've spent too much image >>

That has pretty much been the problem here the last 2 months.
  • Options
    Did anyone here win the Rawlings Glove Tag? Sold for $51, didn't really surprise me though as it looks like a good condition one and they are hard to find. Oddly enough the Nolan Ryan only sold for $23
  • Options
    We've all been guilty of this. Don't feel too bad, you'll do the right thing and y'all will still get to go on a trip. In the end, you should have it all, the cards, trip and the girl!
    Le Mieux Collection
    #19 All Time 500 Goal Scorers
    #41 All Time 3000 Strikeouts Club
    #25 Cal Ripken Jr. Basic Topps
    #4 Greg Maddux Basic Topps
    #7 Ryne Sandberg Basic Topps
    #1 Fank Thomas Rookies 100%
    #1 Chipper Jones Rookies 100%
  • Options

<< <i>Did anyone here win the Rawlings Glove Tag? Sold for $51, didn't really surprise me though as it looks like a good condition one and they are hard to find. Oddly enough the Nolan Ryan only sold for $23 >>

I tried, but it was way out of my bidding range.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>My problem is I buy a lot of "cheap" items for under $10 thinking that it won't be too bad on my wallet. Then 30 $10 items later I realize I've spent too much image >>

That has pretty much been the problem here the last 2 months. >>

lol my problem is I feel guilty buying low dollar items (I do anyway) because the shipping adds up. I hate buying ten $2.00 cards because I spend an additional $30 in shipping...

However, I easily justify spending $50 to $150 because I'm only spending $3.00 in shipping...

I'm sick.
  • Options
    When I buy something from the big sellers (4SC, psa-set-guy) I try to buy multiple cards so I can save a little on shipping. So I guess I'm "saving" like my wife does when she "saves" 75% on $100 shoes! image
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    My last shipment from 4SC came out to less than $0.32/card shipping. It had a few cheap Ripken 10s in it - as well as cheap 10s of a lot of his contemporaries in the Hall.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    Who wants turkey? Sadly when I bought this off eBay it came with no turkey in it image Oh well, I guess the baseball player card will have to do.

imageimage
  • Options
    Nice! Gotta love the logo-less cards! image
  • Options
    Wow I have never seen them like that? I always thought for the life of me they were inserted into packages.
    I am now wondering where the large cards come from? Another thing I always wondered is how where
    the California Jumbo Seeds distributed?
    Collector Focus

• Options

<< <i>Wow I have never seen them like that? I always thought for the life of me they were inserted into packages.
    I am now wondering where the large cards come from? Another thing I always wondered is how where
    the California Jumbo Seeds distributed? >>

Do you mean the Turkey's with the oversize borders? I'm not sure where they came from, but I know you were able to get these as a full uncut sheet. Not sure if that is where they came from or if they are different proofs or something.

As for the Jumbo Sunflower seeds, the SCD Catalog says all of them were inserted in the actual packages. For 1990 it says they were inserted 3 to a package but doesn't say how many were inserted in the 1991 and 1992.

Sad story, I once won a lot of 6 PSA 10 regional food issue Ripkens including the 1990 Jumbo Sunflower seed. Unfortunately the seller left the package on top of his car and forgot about them. When he came back later to find them, they had been run over a few times. I think only 2 or 3 of the cards ended up surviving, unfortunately the Jumbo wasn't one of them .
  • Options
    I figured the oversized border cards was a sheet product and not a proof of sorts.
    I see alot of the king b and jimmy dean's being sold as
    proofs but they are nothing less then cut from a sheet card. I have seen the Topps finest with the foil backs
    sold as proofs also but those are made from soaking the card in water .
    Collector Focus

• Options
    Here ya go, 1991 Jumbo Sunflower seed unopened pack of 2 cards with Griffey on top: Link
  • Options
    Thanks I have no idea how I miss that kind of stuff?
    Collector Focus

• Options
    Easy, there's just too much stuff out there to keep track of!! image
  • Options
    Yes there are too many listings...with my saved daily searches, there are 20 to 25,000 independent listings at any given time. I just start from "newly listed" and work backwards until I see listings I've already opened. Cuts me down to 300 or 400 new listings a day.

Oh, and that's just for my various Frank Thomas searches.
  • Options
    I do the exact samething and I still manage to miss stuff.
    Collector Focus

• Options
    buildingcalbuildingcal Posts: 66 ✭✭
    thanks for the link , i bought both
  • Options
    MrVintageMrVintage Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭
    Does PSA grade these Donruss pop up cards?
  • Options

<< <i>Does PSA grade these Donruss pop up cards? >>

Yep, I've got a 88 one graded a 9
  • Options
    Got some poppage today

Order #20302804 / Submission #661188
    Line # Item # Cert # Grade Description Type Country

3 1 14664631 MINT 9 1982 TOPPS TRADED 98T CAL RIPKEN JR. Card US <<< BUSTED OUT OF A BGS 9 HOLDER
    4 1 14664632 MINT 9 1992 DONRUSS BONUS CARDS BC1 CAL RIPKEN JR. Card US
    4 2 14664633 GEM MINT 10 1992 DONRUSS BONUS CARDS BC1 CAL RIPKEN JR. Card US
    4 3 14664634 GEM MINT 10 1992 DONRUSS BONUS CARDS BC1 CAL RIPKEN JR. Card US
    5 1 14664635 GEM MINT 10 1993 FLEER 551 CAL RIPKEN JR. Card US
    5 2 14664636 MINT 9 1993 FLEER 551 CAL RIPKEN JR. Card US
    6 1 14664637 GEM MINT 10 1994 FLAIR INFIELD POWER 8 CAL RIPKEN JR. INFIELD POWER Card US
    7 1 14664638 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2000 BOWMAN 105 CAL RIPKEN JR. Card US
    8 1 14664639 MINT 9 2000 ULTRA 170 CAL RIPKEN JR. Card US
    9 1 14664640 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2001 DONRUSS 3 CAL RIPKEN JR. Card US
    9 2 14664641 MINT 9 2001 DONRUSS 3 CAL RIPKEN JR. Card US
    10 1 14664642 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2001 TOPPS 1 CAL RIPKEN JR. Card US

EDIT: There were a bunch of other cards in my sub but these were the only Ripkens