#41 All Time 3000 Strikeouts Club
    #25 Cal Ripken Jr. Basic Topps
    #4 Greg Maddux Basic Topps
    #7 Ryne Sandberg Basic Topps
    #1 Fank Thomas Rookies 100%
    #1 Chipper Jones Rookies 100%
  • Options
    tunahead08tunahead08 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭
    Did Kevin O'Connor retire all his sets??
  • Options
    mariotownmariotown Posts: 508 ✭✭
    No. I tried to remove all my inventory to eliminate the hundreds of crummy scans I had so I could add all the inventory back with new scans and it deleted many of my sets and retired a bunch. I thought it would keep the sets open but empty and I would simply add the inventory back through the mass add feature and then all the existing pictures would no longer be there. The alternative was to delete picture by picture. Anyway, that obviously doesn't work that way and I lost all my sets and once I added the inventory back I still had all the old pictures! I sent an email to customer support and hopefully my sets will be back from retirement soon. I hope...

Kevin
    I collect PSA 10 Cal Ripken, Jr. cards.
  • Options
    Ah good to hear, I was hoping we weren't going to be seeing a bunch of PSA 10 Ripken's on ebay right now as it's really bad timing for me image

In my experience customer service is really quick dealing with registry issues (just not with adding new cards to the registry). So hopefully they will have you all fixed by tomorrow.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Well that sucks! That's a ton of work. One thing I've noticed when it comes to the pics, if you try to replace a pic with one which shares the same file name, in order to see the new image, you have to clear your computer's cache.

I hope this doesn't interfere with you receiving your 2009 Awards! I'm sure it will be fixed soon.

Good to see you on here again Kevin! I was stalking... I mean SURFING your website the other day when I should have been working! image
  • Options
    Yeah. I'm working on the web site. I'm hoping to have some more unusual Ripken stuff on there. I have about 100 press plates (some graded, most not) that I'm going to list for sale on the site along with a bunch of other higher dollar items. Plus I'm going to list a whole bunch of other stuff and set up a little store. I collected tons of non-card type Ripken memorabilia and it's time for it to find a new home.

Kevin
  • Options

<< <i>Yeah. I'm working on the web site. I'm hoping to have some more unusual Ripken stuff on there. I have about 100 press plates (some graded, most not) that I'm going to list for sale on the site along with a bunch of other higher dollar items. Plus I'm going to list a whole bunch of other stuff and set up a little store. I collected tons of non-card type Ripken memorabilia and it's time for it to find a new home.

Kevin >>

Wow, look forwardto seeing what you have! Keep us updated!
  • Options
    How about a 12 foot Ripken Milk campaign bus sign or a set of Ripken Russion wooden stacking dolls? Have you ever seen the wooden dolls that start out with a big one and then littler ones inside? I have one of those for Ripken. I have Yo-Yo's, watches, coins, every imaginable publication, ad, pennant, etc. You name it, I've probably got it. Rare stand-ups from stores. Stuff from other countries. Japanese stuff. Tons of stuff. All going on the site.

Kevin
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Do those nesting dolls feature Cal in all of his uniforms, going back to Charoltte and Bluefield?
  • Options
    I'd love to see your press plates! Are they card press plates, or newspaper press plates?
  • Options
    Cards only on the press plates.
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    So just now when I logged into PSA and saw all my Ripken sets bumped, and that my Basic set was now rated just under Michael Wynne's I did the whole WTF happened to Kevin's set look at my computer screen. So I logged on here and now I know.

"And knowing is half the battle..."
  • Options
    GDM67,
    I think the nesting dolls were all the Orioles uniforms. I like your idea though. They are all hand-painted too. Pretty neat little item.

Kevin
  • Options
    Does this seem too good to be true? If I'm not mistaken, that price seems too low. I'm not in the market right now, or else I would take the chance with it. Opinions?

1981 TCMA PSA 10
  • Options

<< <i>Does this seem too good to be true? If I'm not mistaken, that price seems too low. I'm not in the market right now, or else I would take the chance with it. Opinions?

1981 TCMA PSA 10 >>

I think that is probably about right, there are quite a few 10's of that card out there.
  • Options
    Hey Kevin, did you get my PM?
  • Options
    Mail day!!

imageimage
  • Options
    Sweet!! Are you going to cross it over? Does PSA even slab blank backs?
  • Options

<< <i>Sweet!! Are you going to cross it over? Does PSA even slab blank backs? >>

Probably going to leave it in the SGC holder, but I want to see if they will re-label it as Proof or Promo
  • Options
    I was looking through some current PSA 10s out there and saw this interesting photo. I'm fully aware of Ripken's 1,001 Batting Stances, but this one is insane! He looks like a pitcher! lol

• Options
    Hehe, should work on a display of cards with Ripken in his many different batting poses. That one is pretty wild though!
  • Options
    Must have been hitting against a knuckle-baller... image
  • Options
    SheamasterSheamaster Posts: 542 ✭✭✭
    That's Cal's "exagerrated weight-shift swing"...

Video
  • Options
    MrVintageMrVintage Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭
    What would a donruss pop up Ripken psa 10 bring? There is not a psa 10 Ripken popup for 86, 87, 88, or 89. I was just wondering what you guys thought the first one to hit ebay might bring? How about a 1984 donruss action all stars psa 10 which also currently has a pop 0?
  • Options
    It's really hard to say, Pop 1's go all over the place. I'd say $25-50
  • Options
    MrVintageMrVintage Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭
    Only 25-50? Surely a pop 1 would bring more than that. The 90 topps pop 16 brings between 90-150. It wouldn't even be worth subbing these because they are so condition sensitive if you cant get more than that for a psa 10.
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Only 25-50? Surely a pop 1 would bring more than that. The 90 topps pop 16 brings between 90-150. It wouldn't even be worth subbing these because they are so condition sensitive if you cant get more than that for a psa 10. >>

The reason why the Topps Base cards go so big is that there are a lot of people putting together just topps sets. Where your Pop-Up is only for the master set. I'd probably pay $50-$60 for it personally.
  • Options
    Agree, the basic Topps cards have a wider audience, so they'll go for bigger $$$. I paid $125 for my 90 Topps basic, but I wouldn't pay more than $20 for the 90 Topps All Star, which also has a lower pop than the basic card becuase I'm not doing the master sets!
    Le Mieux Collection
    #19 All Time 500 Goal Scorers
  • Options
    Exactly, it's all about the Set Registry. Low pops in Basic sets go for WAY more than low pops in Master sets. I personally wouldn't go more than $20 for it. Not that it's a bad card or anything, but simply because it's in a set that's WAY unattainable right now.
  • Options
    Just for reference, here's the prices for some low pop PSA 10's I recently sold, where most of the cards are only on the Master Registry:
    2001 Stadium Club Diamond Pearls - Pop 2 $30
    2000 Topps Gold Label Class 3 - Pop 1 - $30.88
    1992 Leaf (CL) - Pop 2 - $14.88
    1995 Pacific Gold Crown Die Cut - Pop 1 - $26.00
    1991 Score Superstar - Pop 1- Went unsold in auction, sold it later for $27
    1999 Pacific Crown Royale - Pop 2 - $17.50

Also, the Donruss Pop-ups are pretty easy to come by in unopened form, and it's a small set so you get more per box. I'm with Jeff in that I wouldn't go for more than $20 on it, but Pop 1's can go for higher. When I am buying PSA 10's I factor in how readily available the raw cards are, and if the fact they are pop 1 is just because not that many have been graded yet. I believe this to be the case with the Donruss Pop-ups.

• Options
    Speaking of Pop 1 Master Set cards, it doesn't get much better than this one. I'm pulling up my lawn chair, cracking open a beer, and watching this one fly by! Even at PSA 9, what do you think it'll go for?

1982 All-Star Program Insert PSA 9
  • Options
    Those All-Star program cards go all over the place, it's hard to say where it will land... I'll guess only $45 though
  • Options
    Actually it's a Pop 2, with 8 total graded. For being a 1982 I figured it would go higher. I guess we'll find out!
  • Options
    That's just my guess, it could go for $200 for all I know image I think the last PSA 9 only went for about $50 though. I'm pretty sure it was the '82, but might have been the '83. I think the 82 All-Star Program suffers from only being in the Master set as well. Plus with it being a hand-cut item, it's generally easier to get a good grade, as long as the surface is good. Also, the 1982 All-Star programs aren't super tough to find. It is still a rookie year issue of Ripken though, so that could throw all this out the window with the right bidder. This is all just my opinion of course!
  • Options
    All very valid opinions! I think the last AS Program Insert was an '83 or '84, but my memory sucks. It should be interesting! It made me consider picking up a program just to give it a try!
  • Options
    Wonder how much this will go for!
  • Options
    WoW! That thing is nice! I very rarely browse for raw Ripkens anymore, unless I'm looking for something specific. I'll add that to my watch list.
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know what the 1982 Fleer Ripken BGS 9.5 currently sells for?
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    I just had to hop on here and share some joy. I just got my two boxes of 01 Topps in about 30 min ago! Very excited. Also in the mail today was my PSA 10 85 Topps and 87 Topps. I have to give a big thank to Jason, a fellow poster on the board. He had the Number 1 Maddux Basic Topps set and the number 3 Ripken Basic Topps Set before he broke them up. He contacted me on both of these deals and I have to say he has been great to deal with! It's been a great day for my Ripkens! I'm up to 14 now on the Basic Topps. Lets hope I get some 01 - #1 love in my two boxes. I'll update as soon as I break the two.
    Le Mieux Collection
    #19 All Time 500 Goal Scorers
  • Options
    WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!! My Autos Popped today!! image

1 1 14623839 N0: AUTHENTIC 1988 TOPPS 352 BILLY RIPKEN PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    2 1 14623840 N0: AUTHENTIC 1988 TOPPS 444 CAL RIPKEN SR. PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    3 1 14623841 N0: AUTHENTIC 1988 TOPPS 650 CAL RIPKEN JR. PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US

• Options
    Awesome Jeff! I can't wait to see the final product!
  • Options
    Along with the 2001 Topps cards we bought, I also picked up a box of 1995 Topps, trying to pull a minty-fresh #588, another tough 10 (Pop 8). I pulled (2) #588 that have a great shot. Man, 1995 Topps is a BORING rip! Nothing compared to the inserts in 2001 Topps.
  • Options

<< <i>Along with the 2001 Topps cards we bought, I also picked up a box of 1995 Topps, trying to pull a minty-fresh #588, another tough 10 (Pop 8). I pulled (2) #588 that have a great shot. Man, 1995 Topps is a BORING rip! Nothing compared to the inserts in 2001 Topps. >>

At least it's better than ripping 1989 or 1990 image
  • Options
    That's true, but at least with those sets, you don't have to peel apart each card! lol
  • Options

<< <i>Those All-Star program cards go all over the place, it's hard to say where it will land... I'll guess only $45 though >>

Well I guess the answer was $28.00! I'll let you know when I get it in the mail! WooHoo!! image
  • Options
    I forgot to bid on it image Would have taken it to $45 haha... but I have something else coming this week image
  • Options
    Yeah, you would have beat my $32.00 high bid... whew! image

Speaking of 1995 Topps, I like to collect cards with a "Ripken Sighting" on them, and I found one I wasn't aware of (due to lack of experience with 1995 Topps):

Jose Lind!

• Options
    That's pretty cool! Might have to pick one of those up... and its parallels.
  • Options
    Got a little poppage today with some Ripkens mixed in. Of course the ones I wanted a 10 the most got the lowest grades.

MINT 9 1986 LEAF 142 CAL RIPKEN JR. image
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1987 LEAF 98 CAL RIPKEN JR. image
    GEM MINT 10 1988 DONRUSS 171 CAL RIPKEN JR. image
    GEM MINT 10 1989 FLEER 617 CAL RIPKEN JR. image
    MINT 9 1996 UPPER DECK 385 CAL RIPKEN JR.
    GEM MINT 10 2002 UPPER DECK PROSPECT PREMIERES HEROES OF BASEBALL H-CR9 CAL RIPKEN JR.
    GEM MINT 10 2002 LEAF ROOKIES & STARS 252 CAL RIPKEN JR. image
    GEM MINT 10 2008 UPPER DECK GOUDEY 202 CAL RIPKEN JR.

• Options
    Nice poppings!!