Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Cal Ripken Jr. Set Registry

Comments

• KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    PM Sent
  • tunahead08tunahead08 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭
    PM also sent
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,949 ✭✭✭✭
    That's an awesome deal on the 1983 OPC... can't buy anything right now though. Good luck!
  • Beck6Beck6 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭
    Just got this back. PM me if anyone needs it $6 delivered

Registry Sets:
    T222's PSA 1 or better
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭
    Pm sent

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Hello fellow Ripken fans. I only have a few Ripken cards in my collection, but this one could really make someone's Ripken Registry complete.
    I'll take offers on this 1985 Topps PSA 10 Ripken #30.
    If I can't reach a deal, I'll be starting my own Ripken Registry. So this could be someone's ultimate card, or my first Registry card.
    The card is dead centered all the way around with razor sharp corners and edges. A true beauty.
    Thanks and good luck. (Hope this link works, if not PM me your email address and I'll send you a zoomed in scan--huge. Thanks).

http://s757.photobucket.com/albums/xx212/edeeb7/?action=view&current=1985toppsripken.jpg

http://s757.photobucket.com/albums/xx212/edeeb7/?action=view&current=1985toppsripken.jpg
    Cardboard Zombie
    Always buying perfect 1986 Fleer Basketball PSA 10 cards and 1982 OPC Nolan Ryan cards. Thank you.
    PM'd

• StatmanStatman Posts: 597 ✭✭✭
    Sold several of the PSA 10 Ripkens I had - thanks to all on here. I realize that there is a BST board, I just thought this would be a better place to post.

Selling these last 4 as one lot - $50 dlvd for all 4:

1985 Fleer #626 In-Action PSA 10
    1987 Topps #784 PSA 10
    1989 Score #15 PSA 10
    1990 K-Mart #20 PSA 10

They are scheduled to individually go on Ebay Thursday night, but I thought I'd try to move them as a group today here.

Thanks -
    Andrew

<< <i>Sold several of the PSA 10 Ripkens I had - thanks to all on here. I realize that there is a BST board, I just thought this would be a better place to post.

Selling these last 4 as one lot - $50 dlvd for all 4:

1985 Fleer #626 In-Action PSA 10
    1987 Topps #784 PSA 10
    1989 Score #15 PSA 10
    1990 K-Mart #20 PSA 10

They are scheduled to individually go on Ebay Thursday night, but I thought I'd try to move them as a group today here.

Thanks -
    Andrew >>

I don't think anyone here faults you for trying to sell them here first image Especially when you have some that we can use!

Thanks again!
    The infamous orange stripe...

The orange stripe never bothered me. Yes, it sucks, but it doesn't take away from the grade. Could have a decent argument for a variation I suppose.

I should really scan the card that I found in a lot I purchased a couple months ago. It's a sweet, crisp, CENTERED, and no orange stripe #30 that I'm gonna try subbing. Knowing my luck, I'll have missed something and it will come back a 7, but it's the nicest '85 I've ever held in my hands. Not sure what I'm waiting for... maybe another decent special.
    So the other day a guy I work with was throwing out a bunch of crap from his house and stumbled on a box of cards. He asked if I wanted them before he chucked them so I naturally agreed figuring that the worst that was gonna happen was I throw them away for him. Naturally the box was filled with junk wax in bad shape but I did find one thing that caught my attention. Their was a minty fresh 1995 Post Colector Series set, in the envelope, with a minty fresh Ripken inside! Needless to say I already threw everything else out.
    Here's a pic I pulled from Ebay of the card I'm refering to. It's a double wide jumbo with a fold in the middle.

Nice!!
    Anyone know what ever happened with this card?

• al032184al032184 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭
    Wanted to offer this here, it's also on ebay. I'll take 400 for it if anyone is interested.
    Thanks for looking
    Also, I don't know what happened with the 85, but I know the seller, he is a good guy.

Text

<< <i>Anyone know what ever happened with this card? >>

I have no idea. I made an offer and that was the last I heard of it.
    From what little I had written back and forth with him, he seems like a really nice guy. I was just curious.

I'm subbing a 1985 Topps that I feel is the nicest I've ever held in my hands, and it is missing the orange line. CROSSING MY FINGERS!
    WOW!!! The Pop Report grew by two, and one belongs to 4SC!! I wonder how they came up with the $499 starting price... gee... lol. Letting this one pass.

<< <i>WOW!!! The Pop Report grew by two, and one belongs to 4SC!! I wonder how they came up with the $499 starting price... gee... lol. Letting this one pass. >>

And now the the population is tarnished...
    The question is, where is the other fresh one? It was still a Pop 7 as resent as a week ago...
  • GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Just a guess on my part, but they might have the other one, too. Recently they've had multiple examples of single cards and they've held one back until the first one sells. Granted, I'm talking about the much cheaper stuff that I'm usually looking for, but the principle still holds. I would imagine with a card like this they wouldn't want to put a second example out until the first one is moved.
    Good point...
    I seriously almost threw up when I saw that thing pop up.

Only problem I have with it isn't that it's a 4SC card, but rather that I'm on a strict budget right now because I'm planning a wedding...

Had this popped up 6 months ago I'd have jumped on it like a crazy person.
  • DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just a guess on my part, but they might have the other one, too. Recently they've had multiple examples of single cards and they've held one back until the first one sells. Granted, I'm talking about the much cheaper stuff that I'm usually looking for, but the principle still holds. I would imagine with a card like this they wouldn't want to put a second example out until the first one is moved. >>

They have the other 85 PSA 10. It's one cert # higher then the one that's listed.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
    Ahhhh, nice detective work! I knew they've been going after it for a while now, due to all of the raws they're selling under the New England Sportscards username.
  • GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    If they're trotting out '89 Donruss and '89 Topps Tiffany Dale Murphys one at a time, it just makes sense to do that with an item like this.
  • al032184al032184 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭
    Just an update, I'll sell the Ripken Refractor for $375, there is a picture on the previous page.
    Thanks
    ...and so it changes hands... $950 (1992 Elite PSA 10)

<< <i>...and so it changes hands... $950 (1992 Elite PSA 10) >>

Dang... was hoping it wouldn't sell for another 6 months when I'd actually have the money to buy it image
    Well that answers that question... $400.00!!

Adam, was that you? (r***k) image
    Not I. My only addition was the 88 Leaf #100 that Guy was selling.

BTW this is a really tough one. I honestly can't believe nobody else swooped in and snatched it up.
    I had that on my watch list and was going to snag it on Friday. When I saw it was bought I was like CRAP!! I have two going in my next sub from a box I ripped from BBCE, so maybe I'll land my own 10. Nice card!
    I've definitely been slowly getting back to my Ripken collection. This one has been on my "to get" list for a while now. I actually have an unopened box of 88 Leaf upstairs in my card room that has been waiting on me to open it for about 4 months now. I honestly just don't have the time. There's also a box of 85 rack packs waiting also...
    Round 2

This one is CARDBOARDZOMBIE's card. image
    If I have too I'll dip into my wedding fund for that thing...
    You won't have to worry about me contesting your bids... I'm saving up for a new Suburban next month, and trying to gather some more money up for the National. Good luck!
    The problem is that I only have $250 right now. The rest is constantly being siphoned off by my gf... errr fiance to the wedding fund. I do have access to it, I just really don't want to have to listen to her mouth when money gets taken out without her knowing. If she were to find out that I dipped into it to buy a baseball card, she'll probably go up into my card room and just start tearing up whatever she finds... she's done it once before which resulted in the loss of some crappy relic cards.
    SNAP!! That would suck!

Could you try selling off some stuff to cover it?
    We'll see. I'm just gonna bid to win and go from there.
  • I just got an 85 Fleer PSA 10 back if anyone needs it.
  • MrVintageMrVintage Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭
    I just listed some low pop Ripkens from a recent sub in the BST forum is anyone is interested.

<< <i>Round 2

This one is CARDBOARDZOMBIE's card. image >>

$431.09?? So this one sold for more than the last one sold by 4SC... yikes.
    I was just finishing up my business homework and forgot to get my bid in before the buzzer!

Luckily the 2nd 4SC one is ending in about 16 hours.
    Wonder when the next 20 4SC ones will be listed image

I foresee this one becoming like the 1990 Topps, losing most of it's value within a year.

<< <i>Luckily the 2nd 4SC one is ending in about 16 hours. >>

So the third one sold for $446.09... how did this happen? I figured the first one would sell for the most, but it only increased in price. Madness... I'm glad I stayed out of that mess! The population is still 9, so it should be a while until we see another one.
    I missed out on all 3... image

But at least I still have money in my pocket. Guess I'm gonna have to self sub one just like I did with the 95.
    A little birdie told me that the owner of the #1 Ripken Master Set (which I assume means Kevin O'Conner) is selling his set at the National. Can someone confirm this? If not, I'll find out in-person on Saturday.
  • mariotownmariotown Posts: 509 ✭✭
    @jeffcbay: Huh? News to me. My collection is staying right where it is with many updates to come!

Bill Cosby was rumored to be dead and now my collection? Oh, what a world!

Kevin
    I collect PSA cards of the following:
    Billy Ripken
    Cal Ripken, Jr. 1980-2002
    Cal Ripken, Sr.
    Hall of Fame Rookies

<< <i>@jeffcbay: Huh? News to me. My collection is staying right where it is with many updates to come!

Bill Cosby was rumored to be dead and now my collection? Oh, what a world!

Kevin >>

Glad to hear you aren't getting out of it Kevin, especially since I don't have the cash to buy your collection yet! image

Question for you, I saw you had the 2001 Fleer Cal Ripken Highlights Glossy set added to the registry. I was always curious about this set as it seems very hard to tell the glossy apart from the non-glossy. Was it hard to get them to add this set? Were there any problems getting them to identify cards as the glossy version?