Home Sports Talk
Options

2007 RED SOX CHAMPIONSHIP RUN

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I would love to see how Papelbon's "Stare" would work out if a swarm of bugs were flying around his head. image Too bad the Red Sox weren't playing the Indians last night. >>

They might fly into his pucker! Hey it would be more protein for him to throw three innings!
  • Options
    "I would love to see how Papelbon's "Stare" would work out if a swarm of bugs were flying around his head."

how come blow-joba was the only one who couldnt concentrate?
  • Options
    I am not using it as an excuse but it did seem like the "swarm" was at it's worse when Joba was pitching. Torre said in the post-game press conference that Joba had trouble seeing the plate.

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options
    maybe he was using AXE body spray and it attracted more flies! lol.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>I am not using it as an excuse but it did seem like the "swarm" was at it's worse when Joba was pitching. Torre said in the post-game press conference that Joba had trouble seeing the plate. >>

Uh, excuse me but -

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Poor little Joba couldn't see the plate, and he couldn't concentrate...however, Carmona managed just fine the very next half-inning when the bugs were still swarming around heavily. And, Carmona was going on his 9th inning of pitching. Don't use the bugs as an excuse - man-up and admit the Yanks just flat out lost. They did only manage three hits in 11 innings, you know.
  • Options
    Carmona pitched a great game. I think the Yankees can win 3 in a row. Either way, the Yankees or Indians will annihilate The Red Sox (assuming they win the ALDS) in the ALCS.

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I am not using it as an excuse but it did seem like the "swarm" was at it's worse when Joba was pitching. Torre said in the post-game press conference that Joba had trouble seeing the plate. >>

Uh, excuse me but -

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Poor little Joba couldn't see the plate, and he couldn't concentrate...however, Carmona managed just fine the very next half-inning when the bugs were still swarming around heavily. And, Carmona was going on his 9th inning of pitching. Don't use the bugs as an excuse - man-up and admit the Yanks just flat out lost. They did only manage three hits in 11 innings, you know. >>

THANK YOU Jerry!!!
  • Options
    GO sox, let's send the Angel's to heaven!
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    back2back jacks!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Now 3-0 Sox.

I think that was a TERRIBLE decision to send Lugo with no one out, but they got lucky with the off-line throw.

Oops -- sac fly, now 4-0.
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats guys ... you earned it.
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    It ain't over with, but it is. Congrats Boston. I hope the Yanks can rally so we can meet you in battle.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    If I knew they'd ultimately lose it, I'd like the Yankees to rally to win the next two. These playoffs have been a real stinker so far, as we look like we'll have three sweeps with a fourth possible...and all losing teams had ZERO offense.

At this point, I'm okay with a Yankees win tonight just to make something interesting. So far the playoffs have been a snoozefest that can't keep my attention because of how one-sided they've been.
  • Options

On to the ALCS! image

Cheers to the Angels and their fans...you guys will be back next year, and probably even better (perhaps A-Rod is headed your way?)
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    7 run 8th, hello ALCS.

Can the Crankies win 3 straight?
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    SWEEEEEEEEP Ya mon!

19-4 in 3 games!

Go Sawks! Indians are next!

Capecards
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    sox took it sweet-now if yanks can whoop indians it be a ballgame damon just hit 3 run homer,5-3 6th inning -bout time somebody did somthing2-0 down to indian s is pretty sad,i though they sucked but i guess not, never payed any attention to em this year
  • Options
    Hey guys, congrats on totally dominating the Angels!!!! Hope to see you shortly in the ALCS. image

• Options
    I refuse to get too excited but step one is done! imageimage
  • Options
    Congrats to the BoSox!

Really stepped it up agains the Halos (who looked soooo beaten down and hurt)
  • Options
    Bring on the TRIBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Hey guys, congrats on totally dominating the Angels!!!! Hope to see you shortly in the ALCS. image >>

bwahahahaha

try again bub.
  • Options
    Piman58Piman58 Posts: 814 ✭✭

<< <i>Bring on the TRIBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >>

Here we come Perkdog. Ready to grind through another tough series.
    I am looking forward to a fantastic series.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    welp- indians and sox will be interesting thats for sure-i sure underestimated em
  • Options
    Here we come Sox. Are you ready?!image
  • Options
    Note to Red Sox Nation: Good luck, you will have your hands full. Rooting for Cleveland to go all the way.

• Options
    I've got a lot of respect for the Indians - I didn't before this series, but I do now. They'll be a tough out...but out they'll go.

• Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725

<< <i>I wish I could share everyone's optimism, but let's be realistic. The Red Sox just beat up on the White Sox, who by the way, have the 2nd worst record in the American League.

The Red Sox still have a lot of games against AL East teams that are never that easy regardless of their win/loss records. (6 games against the Yankees, 7 vs. Baltimore, 6 vs. Toronto, and 6 vs. TB) We've only got two more games against the White Sox, two against Oakland, and 4 against the Twins. My prediction is that the Red Sox will go 19-14 down this stretch and will finish the season at 97-65.

And the Yankees schedule isn't that much harder than Boston's is. They've still got 3 against the (slumping) Tigers, 6 against the Sox, 5 vs. TB, 3 against Seattle, 3 against KC, 7 against Toronto, and 6 against Baltimore. I think they'll go 23-11 in this stretch and finish with a 94-68 record. >>

I'd just like to toot my own horn here for a second. I made this prediction back on August 25th (not really early in the season or anything, but still . . .) I'm pretty pleased with how closely I guessed the final records of the Red Sox and the Yankees. Only one win off the Red Sox prediction and I nailed the Yankees.

• Options
    Von great to see you back on board here! image

This is going to be a GREAT series! I am once again cautiously optimistic of our chances!
  • Options
    Mobilize the Nation!

I think it was a good idea to move Schilling up. Might fire up Dice K too.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Thanks Perkdog. It's good to be back on the board . . . I've posted here and there, but I was trying to lay low for a while . . .

I like that move too, Mike. Schilling is THE big game pitcher on our staff and it's a good idea to try to take both games at home before going to Cleveland for 3 in a row. Anyone else ever get the feeling that home field advantage in a 7 game series isn't that great?
  • Options
    STILL PUMPED UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>STILL PUMPED UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

image >>

They certainly are! image

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,467 ✭✭✭✭✭
    someone else likely can quote the stats, but past performance indicates that Schilling is much better at Fenway than he is on the road -- his record at Fenway is disproportionately better than the Red Sox record at Fenway is. No brainer decision given how he has pitched lately.
  • Options
    Schilling this year:
    Home: 4-3, 4.06
    Away: 5-5, 3.65
    Career at Fenway: 29-11, 4.01 (Pretty impressive, don't you think?)

Compared to Dice:
    Home: 8-4, 4.86
    Away: 7-8, 4.02

That's interesting to me. Dice gives up almost a full run more at home but has a better record. I guess that speaks to the Red Sox hitters giving more run support at home. I still like the move to bump up Schilling and push Dice back. If Dice gives up 3 in 6 2/3 innings (which would mirror his away ERA) I'd feel very good about our chances against Westbrook who has a home ERA this year of 3.94. This is all shaping up to be a very evenly matched series.

I can hardly wait.
  • Options
    does it seems like Friday is FOREVER...Who is gonna be Mr.....November image
  • Options

<< <i>does it seems like Friday is FOREVER...Who is gonna be Mr.....November image >>

JD DREW, of course!!!!

Wouldn't that be something? He has been better lately . . .
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>does it seems like Friday is FOREVER...Who is gonna be Mr.....November image >>

JD DREW, of course!!!!

Wouldn't that be something? He has been better lately . . . >>

Earlier in this thread I believe I made a statement such as.. If Drew kicks A$$ in the playoffs and helps us win the World Series, I might, I repeat MIGHT forgive him for $ucking so bad this season.

Heres to ANYONE including Drew stepping up big for this Tribe series... image
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    It would be truly amazing if Drew steps up. We'll see. I think Youk is due to bust out and have some big games!

Is it Friday yet????
  • Options
    hoping the weather clears up a bit.... kinda nasty today in Boston.

I'm trying to import a swarm of bugs to be released in a crucial point in the game to blind the Sox pitchers!
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm trying to import a swarm of bugs to be released in a crucial point in the game to blind the Sox pitchers! >>

Too cold now.
  • Options
    Piman58Piman58 Posts: 814 ✭✭

<< <i>I'm trying to import a swarm of bugs to be released in a crucial point in the game to blind the Sox pitchers! >>

Since we have already used the locuct/gnat plague, why not use the plague of frogs? They are cold blooded and would not be
    affected by the weather. One of the miniture species would work best since it would take the umpires longer to notice them and
    possibly delay the game. If you can arrange the frogs, let me know I will send the Red Sox some frog spray they can use.

Seriously, I am looking forward to a great series. Both teams are ready for the battle and it should be fun to watch.
    Good luck to both,

and Go Tribe!
  • Options
    Well, if JD Drew is going to step up and be the hero in this series, it will have to wait until Game 2. Apparently Kielty will start in his place because he's had decent success against C.C. (9-29 with 2 slam-a-lam-a-ding-dongs) whereas Drew is 0-3 with 3 Ks.
  • Options

<< <i>Well, if JD Drew is going to step up and be the hero in this series, it will have to wait until Game 2. Apparently Kielty will start in his place because he's had decent success against C.C. (9-29 with 2 slam-a-lam-a-ding-dongs) whereas Drew is 0-3 with 3 Ks. >>

I don't know about this...Bobby Kielty? I realize Tito's thought process, but I'd still start Drew. He's been swinging the bat a lot better as of late.
  • Options
    <<They are cold blooded and would not be
    affected by the weather. One of the miniture species would work best since it would take the umpires longer to notice them and
    possibly delay the game. If you can arrange the frogs, let me know I will send the Red Sox some frog spray they can use.>>

wouldn't be the first time...
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    I'm kinda glad that Tito tugged Drew.

The man is brilliant.

5 hours and 23 minutes to go!

• Options
    I wonder if Trot will start any games in Fenway, I just have a feeling that he is going to burn the Sox image Perhaps a late inning homer....something! It would be karmic!
  • Options
    As a long-time Sox fan, I know what Trot's capable of....

That would be cool....

.... followed by a 4-run walk-off grand-slam by Big papi :-)