Home Sports Talk
Options

2007 RED SOX CHAMPIONSHIP RUN

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LETS GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice job Youk, I like the 3 hits so far but only 1 run? CMON NOW LETS KICK SOME A$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    What was the deal with Manny tossing off his helmet on a live play? Is that something he normally does?
  • Options

<< <i>What was the deal with Manny tossing off his helmet on a live play? Is that something he normally does? >>

Once again, Manny being Manny.............
  • Options
    Wow, risking injury that could be a real let down to your team. Plus the half step that could cause that could have been the difference between a run and an out. I wouldnt be a happy teammate.
  • Options

<< <i>What was the deal with Manny tossing off his helmet on a live play? Is that something he normally does? >>

The helmet kept slipping off as he was running. That surprised me given the size of his head.

You know he was a dead duck at the plate, but the throw was high. He could have at least tried to slide.
  • Options
    Manny is such a slow showboater. My God, McCarver is right, what is Manny doing on 1st base when he's got himself a triple image
  • Options

<< <i>Manny is such a slow showboater. My God, McCarver is right, what is Manny doing on 1st base when he's got himself a triple image >>

Dont think for a second Manny was showboating, he thought he flew out. There is no excuse for him to be on first base though.. 2 outs and you run....

• Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    Francona and Manny have to convince the umpires to go look at the damn platform behind the wall. Simply moronic. The ball was over the fence and hit the corner of the platform and bounced back into play. The talking idiots don't even realize what happened.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Manny is such a slow showboater. My God, McCarver is right, what is Manny doing on 1st base when he's got himself a triple image >>

Dont think for a second Manny was showboating, he thought he flew out. There is no excuse for him to be on first base though.. 2 outs and you run.... >>

No he wasn't showboating right there, but his head is not in the game. Jogging down to first base is a tough habit to break.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Dont think for a second Manny was showboating, he thought he flew out. There is no excuse for him to be on first base though.. 2 outs and you run.... >>

No he wasn't showboating right there, but his head is not in the game. Jogging down to first base is a tough habit to break. >>

He is IN the game, he showed a pi$$ed of look right after he thought he flew out IMO. I agree he needs to learn how to hussle better...
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Sorry for the rule ignorance but that should have been a homerun, right?
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

No he wasn't showboating right there, but his head is not in the game. Jogging down to first base is a tough habit to break. >>

He is IN the game, he showed a pi$$ed of look right after he thought he flew out IMO. I agree he needs to learn how to hussle better... >>

Perk, you just proved my point. He assumed he flew out which you should never assume particularly in a playoff game. If he would have run hard to first (which we were all taught in little league) he would have finished on third. Who knows after that, maybe CC freaks out and throws a wild pitch or a cookie to Lowell for a hit. It's often the little things that win the big games image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

He is IN the game, he showed a pi$$ed of look right after he thought he flew out IMO. I agree he needs to learn how to hussle better... >>

Perk, you just proved my point. He assumed he flew out which you should never assume particularly in a playoff game. If he would have run hard to first (which we were all taught in little league) he would have finished on third. Who knows after that, maybe CC freaks out and throws a wild pitch or a cookie to Lowell for a hit. It's often the little things that win the big games image >>

OK OK!
  • Options

<< <i>Sorry for the rule ignorance but that should have been a homerun, right? >>

In my HONEST opinion, it looked to have hit the yellow line, whether or not that would be considered a HR I dont know...
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Perk, you just proved my point. He assumed he flew out which you should never assume particularly in a playoff game. If he would have run hard to first (which we were all taught in little league) he would have finished on third. Who knows after that, maybe CC freaks out and throws a wild pitch or a cookie to Lowell for a hit. It's often the little things that win the big games image >>

OK OK! >>

• Options
    HO HUM, just another WASTED opportunity...... Crisp.. Lugo... image
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on Papi - take charge.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options

<< <i>Come on Papi - take charge. >>

SOMEONE DOES! My stomach is turning over all these baserunners we have stranded. image
  • Options
    Beckett's a punk!!! image
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Beckett's a punk!!! image >>

I wonder if he said "HA!" image
  • Options
    BECKETTS THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gets in trouble and then WHAMO! 3 strikes and yer out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>BECKETTS THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >>

Is there any question that he's the best postseason big-game pitcher in the game today? I don't see anyone who could challenge him for that title.
  • Options
    thanks for playing coco...
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options

<< <i>thanks for playing coco... >>

Yup, I have seen enough of Coco and Lugo for that matter........
  • Options
    you too lugo.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    LETS PLATE SOME MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >>

I hear Gagne is ready to pitch the 7th! image
  • Options
    YESSSSSSS
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >>

I hear Gagne is ready to pitch the 7th! image >>

THATS NOT WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Sabathia wasn't very good. Cleveland's lucky to still be in the game with all the baserunners he coughed up.
  • Options
    Sabathia wasn't very good. Cleveland's lucky to still be in the game with all the baserunners he coughed up

Tragic.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Then again, with Beckett on the mound in October, even 3-1 would be all but over, let alone 4-1.
  • Options
    Piman58Piman58 Posts: 814 ✭✭
    Looks like it will be Fenway on Saturday. The Tribe continues to follow tradition in not clinching a series at home since 1920.
    We still have some at bats left, but Beckett has met the challenge tonight.
  • Options

<< <i>Then again, with Beckett on the mound in October, even 3-1 would be all but over, let alone 4-1. >>

I hope your right.
  • Options
    So is his ex.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    The girl who sang the 7th inning stretch... Danielle Peck
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    That's the only way Lugo can get a hit, I think.
  • Options
    Props for Beckett tonight and the Sox hitters, they stepped up in a make or break situation. Congrats.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    there will be a game 7 image
  • Options
    nah, game six will do. Just wanted to give you a small sense of hope and optmisim! image
  • Options
    Break out the bloody sock and ice 'em down at the Cask...
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    looks like a 6th ,maybe 7th, i like stretches lol,much better than shutout,far more interesting,plus you get to see all the beer commercials over and over again lol
  • Options
    Seeing this series go back to Beantown couldn't make me happier. Some thoughts:

Schilling will be clutch with the series on the line.

The young Carmona will struggle under the tight confines of Fenway

Game 7 will decide the series - Tito won't be patient with Dice-K if he struggles early - look for Wakefield early.

It's going to be a fun weekend in Boston!!! - Too bad I won't be there...........
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately at 10:15 a tornado went by knocking out all electricity so I went to bed. I had the feeling watching this game that whoever won it would make it to the series. This might turn out to be the key game and I'd be worried if I were an Indian fan. CC has sucked so far.
  • Options
    Piman58Piman58 Posts: 814 ✭✭

<< <i>Seeing this series go back to Beantown couldn't make me happier. Some thoughts:

Game 7 will decide the series - Tito won't be patient with Dice-K if he struggles early - look for Wakefield early.

It's going to be a fun weekend in Boston!!! - Too bad I won't be there........... >>

I am hoping you are wrong about Carmona. If Dice-K struggles I woould go to Lester myself, but don't
    tell Francona.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, at least this is a good series, now. On to Fenway!!
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,468 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Seeing this series go back to Beantown couldn't make me happier. Some thoughts:

It's going to be a fun weekend in Boston!!! - Too bad I won't be there........... >>

I am hoping you are wrong about Carmona. If Dice-K struggles I woould go to Lester myself, but don't
    tell Francona. >>

if Matsuzaka has trouble, I think Timlin is good for two innings, Okajima is good for two innings, and Papelbon is good for two innings. He who shall not be named should not bother to suit for the game.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

tell Francona. >>

if Matsuzaka has trouble, I think Timlin is good for two innings, Okajima is good for two innings, and Papelbon is good for two innings. He who shall not be named should not bother to suit for the game. >>

"He who shall not be named should not bother to suit for the game" HAHAHAHA!!! I love it!

• Options
    Hopefully Crisp will see some quality bench time this weekend, Ellsbury NEEDS to be out there! Once again I have entirely seen enough of Crisp and Lugo's back to back nonsense..