Home Sports Talk
Options

2007 RED SOX CHAMPIONSHIP RUN

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,468 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I wonder if Trot will start any games in Fenway, I just have a feeling that he is going to burn the Sox image Perhaps a late inning homer....something! It would be karmic! >>

I hope Trot burns the Sox with the superior fielding he demonstrated on a simple bases-loaded single against the NYY
  • Options
    JD Blew sucks, too bad he's even on the roster. If he hits ten homers in the series, I'll still think he sucks, just for the record.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bottom line IMO is that hands down Ellsbury should be starting in front of Blew. But before I continue my campain against him, its a brand new season once again!

Lets see what we can do and have some fun!

PULEASE!!!!! LETS KICK SOME A$$ RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

imageimageimage
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    8-1 SNITCHES!!
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beckett looked sharp. Manny's 0-2 walks with bases loaded were beautiful. Demoralizing image
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    7 more wins!

• Options
    anyone else think Francoma failed to learn a lesson about Mr. Gagme?
  • Options
    imageimage
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

<< <i>anyone else think Francoma failed to learn a lesson about Mr. Gagme? >>

Nah. Tonight was the perfect night to use him if you're going to use him at all. Up by 7 runs, I would have put him in just to save the other guys for tomorrow night. Still, I'd have another guy warming up just in case he gave up more than four.
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    Of course, if I had my way, Gagme wouldn't be on the playoff roster at all.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    ha that s funny manny gettin down with his bad self lol-ya creamed em tonight,i was watchin' rainman lol-had too sorry,will watch tomorrow paul i promise
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    all I can say is if the Indians don't keep Manny and Ortiz off the bases this will be a short, short series.......and I'm an Indians fan.
  • Options
    tough first game for an Indians fan... I was SOO hoping gag-me would give up a Grand salami! oh well!

Hoping for a split and then back to Cleveland....

C.C. has been unimpressive in the post-season thus far.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    The native Houstonian came through again!

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>tough first game for an Indians fan... I was SOO hoping gag-me would give up a Grand salami! oh well!

Hoping for a split and then back to Cleveland....

C.C. has been unimpressive in the post-season thus far. >>

I was hoping Gagme would give up a slam too -- so Francoma would never use him again and Theo would release him or trade him in the offseason and a slot could be freed up on the WS roster.

C.C. must be experiencing first-timer jitters. I hope we don't get to see him again this series. image
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    ha- it willl be a short short series
  • Options
    All Red Sox fans lets take this one game at a time!

Nice performance last night but we got a long way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

<< <i>All Red Sox fans lets take this one game at a time!

>>

translation: we've bucknered before and we will buckner again...or, let's not pull a Yankees here!
  • Options
    what a surprise, Gagme sucks.
  • Options
    Is Grady Little coaching the Sox tonight? WTF was Gagne in there for?

Well, if anybody is going to get us, I am glad it is Trot.

Now, after Lester cleans up this toilet, lets score some runs!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Ahhh, nevermind.

Nice clutch hitting by the Tribe.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    Papi trotting down to 1st base and getting thrown out even after the ball was booted might have cost you guys the game.

Gagne....that guy make Borowski look like Nolan Ryan.
  • Options

The Flood Gates of Sir Gagme

The turning point of the series. No more Home Field advantage for thr Sox. As a diehard Yankee fan rooting against the archrival Sox is almost as fun as rooting for the Yankees. I would just love to see the Indians win their first World Series since 1948. Rooting for a series of 2 C's (Cleveland and Colorado) Go Tribe!

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options
    awesome comeback tonight, extra inning madness. got the split, which is what the road team is supposed to do.

Mastny was so clutch in relief, in fact the entire Indians bullpen after the 5th was impressive.

In talking about this series with co-workers I kept telling them
    1. We were going to get to Schilling
    2. Trot was gonna come up big.

Going to be a nailbiter of a series. strap in!
  • Options
    I wish I was in Boston. I'd offer to give Gagme a ride home...and won't forget the cannolis in the car.
  • Options
    Pretty exciting game although I don't understand why Francona said afterwards that it was the most exciting game he was ever part of. It was? image

Has Francona learned his lesson YET about Gagme? I doubt it. He should be the last one to use in the bullpen.
  • Options
    Lester looked god awful warming up. and he looked rusty, very rusty.
  • Options

<< <i>Pretty exciting game although I don't understand why Francona said afterwards that it was the most exciting game he was ever part of. It was? image

Has Francona learned his lesson YET about Gagme? I doubt it. He should be the last one to use in the bullpen. >>

I'd rather bring Dave McCarty out of retirement and the NESN studio than see Gagme ever again even NEAR Fenway or the Red Sox organization.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Pretty exciting game although I don't understand why Francona said afterwards that it was the most exciting game he was ever part of. It was? image

Has Francona learned his lesson YET about Gagme? I doubt it. He should be the last one to use in the bullpen. >>

I'd rather bring Dave McCarty out of retirement and the NESN studio than see Gagme ever again even NEAR Fenway or the Red Sox organization. >>

You called it when he was used in game 1, Barndog. It's a mystery what's happened to this guy. He should be used for mop up only.
  • Options
    as bad as he was when he soured, and I hate to say this, but Keith Foulke was better at his worst.
  • Options

<< <i>as bad as he was when he soured, and I hate to say this, but Keith Foulke was better at his worst. >>

• Options
    The crowd was hostile towards Gagne, which I sort of enjoyed.

He looked OK on the first out, but you could tell when he snapped. His stuff is good, but his head doesn't seem to be. Tito better bury him.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    No excuses anymore, Gagme has no bussiness even being on the playoff roster let alone coming in with a tie Freakin game.
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe Gagne will get hurt like Clemens did in the Yankees series!!!image hey, ya gotta use them loopholes when you find 'em, right?
  • Options
    the Patriots helped to take out some of the sting today...just some though.
  • Options

<< <i>the Patriots helped to take out some of the sting today...just some though. >>

I was thinking that too but its just not enough though... image
  • Options
    Do any of you Sox fans think that it's the Cleveland Indians' year? I do. image

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options

<< <i>Do any of you Sox fans think that it's the Cleveland Indians' year? I do. image >>

after the Gagme again episode in game 2, I feel like the Sox are down 2-1 or 2.5 to 1 right now. If Schilling gets another chance, here's betting that he sticks to what the scouts advised.
  • Options

<< <i>Do any of you Sox fans think that it's the Cleveland Indians' year? I do. image >>

Well aren't you the same guy who thought the yankees were going to have the best record in baseball this year? Or that the yankees were going to win it all?

Excuse us if we don't take your thoughts too seriously on baseball predictions.
  • Options
    wow, the Sox look extra sucky at the plate and on the paths tonight
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really think Matsuzaka should change the pronunciation of his first name.

It should be "Duh-I-sucki" image

Steve
  • Options
    so the Sox will go down 2-1, right? Then Wake gets shelled and the Sox are down 3-1. Beckett in game 5 shuts the Tribe down, then Schilling gets his head out of his ass for game six. So we will see Dice-K again in game seven at Fenway. Ewww.
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    I feel like puking right now.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I really think Matsuzaka should change the pronunciation of his first name.

It should be "Duh-I-sucki" image

Steve >>

Dice-K did not do that bad, really. Not scoring with bases loaded and no outs really hurts.

Also, if we had Ellsbury instead of JD Blew in RF, 50% chance that ball gets caught. Sit Blew for game four and give the rookie a chance to step up!!
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I feel like puking right now. >>

Cheer up, I got a feeling that Wake will step up in Game 4. This is far from over.
  • Options
    I have a feeling that Wake goes 4 innings, and leaves hurt, nothing against him, and he is one of my favorite playes on the sox, but I just don't think he is 100%.

Of course, I could be wrong and he pitches masterfuly lol.
  • Options
    Maybe we can get Ellsbury in there to provide some spark? I feared our bats would go for their routine dry spell...

NOT HAPPY.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Wake will step up tonight. There really is no choice.
  • Options
    Down 2 games to 1? We are not done by any stretch! Lets get it going tonight and SMASH Byrd!
  • Options
    only if we can smash Wakefield image