Home Sports Talk

2007 RED SOX CHAMPIONSHIP RUN

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Okay, I'm not a part of this bet - but what was the deal? Shouldn't you have the Sox icon now? If you need some help, I have a few I can set up for you...

image >>

Its all good, he has to wear it after the Yankees get eliminated... image
  • softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Its all good, he has to wear it after the Yankees get eliminated... image >>

image We will JUST SEE ABOUT THAT

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

No way is this thread going to page 2.
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    no Sir!!! Pucker up guys, if you can get lucky against the tribe again

<< <i>image

No way is this thread going to page 2. >>

Good Call!
    I will be at Game 1 on Wednesday afternoon / evening - I can't wait!

• softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I will be at Game 1 on Wednesday afternoon / evening - I can't wait!

image >>

Awesome! image

hope the Sox get slapped around fenway for you Jer! Can't wait for THAT! image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

Hmmm, all of a sudden Im a Tribe fan as well. image
  • "Hmmm, all of a sudden Im a Tribe fan as well."

Glad to see you finally developed some taste image LOL

I've converted a few disgruntled Sox fans over the years...it' ain't easy (just like Pimpin!)

I'd love to see an Indians/Sox pennant battle. First we gotta get past the Spanks.
  • bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    "I support two teams: the Red Sox, and whoever is playing the Yankees."

(from a bumper sticker I saw this morning)
    Capecards
  • TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    Lackey has never pitched well in Boston, not sure how Escobar has done. I sure hope Matthews is healthy, because we need his glove. Having Anderson in Left, Willits in center and either figgins of Riveria in right will be a nightmare. The 3 of them are barely average in the fielding department.

Lackey might not have pitched well during the season against you guys, but I bet we take at least one of the first two in Boston.

Good Luck guys, but for the time being, Boston Sucks ROTTEN eggs!!!! neiner, neiner, neiner!!!

Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully Hendu will throw out the first pitch.
    Mike
    Bosox1976

<< <i>Hopefully Hendu will throw out the first pitch. >>

Remenicing about 1986 are we?
    Its official, Matthews is not on the 25 man roster. Our outfield will suck, especially in Fenway

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Fear the Monkey!!

Lets get back to basics.......

LETS GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Getting to Lackey early- NICE!

Big Papi back to form-NICE!
    I love it when you call me Big Pa-Pi
    Mike
    Bosox1976
    CG Shutout by Beckett. Dice K with adequate rest, and Schilling with 12 days rest to follow. Gotta love it.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
    All right, Sawks!

Capecards
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could this game have gone any better for us? I didnt think so..

image NICE JOB FELLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! image
  • you know they're just getting your hopes up before dashing them in true sox form image

seriously tho, handle your business and we'll see you soon

Go Yanks!
  • The Sox looked sharp yesterday. Of course you can't pitch Beckett every night image

I do expect you to win the series though and meet your destiny with us.
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Beckett looked freaking amazing last night.

Another Houstonian done good image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
    Just remember guys, We have Escobar going for us Friday. He's a got better stuff than Lackey. If Escobar wins, we then return to Anaheim where we have the best home record in Baseball.

Beckett will be a distant memory come Saturday morning!!

• RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Angels will win the next 3 and then it will be the Yankees who will meet their destiny. Provided they can actually get out of the first round, which is doubtful.

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • I"d like to see this go 5 games.
    Personally given Lackeys abortion like performances at Fenway I would have never started him. It's clear that mentally he was already beaten. This whole series hinges on Dice-K in my opinion, will he come through in the big game? He looked sharp his last two starts; he's rested and focused. Very pleased with the playoffs thus far! Some great games and performances.
    Beckett was on point, I hope he could give some inspiration for the rest of the staff, as well as the offense. Althgouh we won, Lackey looked bad and the offensce didn't look so hot.
    The only thing better than the Sox winning like they did, was me being there in person to witness it! What an awesome time, I was way too hung over to post last night, but like everyone saw, Beckett was masterful. When he came back out for the 9th, the crowd went wild.

I still fear the Angels, though. They are the second best team in the AL (after us, of course), and they have some great pitching still to come. Plus, Vladdy is a monster at the plate - he's the only guy who made even a whimper against Beckett last night. So, we need Dice-K to pitch his best game of the season tomorrow, so we can go to LA up 2-0.

One other little note for the Sox fans who know her - Tina Cervasio is even cuter in person, and nice too. I think she'd make the perfect Mrs. ctsoxfan...
  • So...ummm...I hope the Yankees brought their notebooks last night...cuz they got SCHOOLED!!!!!

Something just hit me in the head and when I woke up, I saw a shinning light and heard a soft voice that said "Angels 6, Red Sox 2"............then back to Anaheim to complete the come back.

<< <i>Something just hit me in the head and when I woke up, I saw a shinning light and heard a soft voice that said "Angels 6, Red Sox 2"............then back to Anaheim to complete the come back. >>

At least you realize that the Angels can win this series only in your dreams...

<< <i>

<< <i>Something just hit me in the head and when I woke up, I saw a shinning light and heard a soft voice that said "Angels 6, Red Sox 2"............then back to Anaheim to complete the come back. >>

At least you realize that the Angels can win this series only in your dreams... >>

zing image To obad Anderson has conunctivitis and Vald is DH. Two BIG hits for you guys at a bad time...but god for us image
    zing To obad Anderson has conunctivitis and Vald is DH. Two BIG hits for you guys at a bad time...but god for us

Vlad will be in right tonight, so we will have either Morales or Riveria in at DH. The big loss for us is Matthews is out period. Not even on the roster. That man can play center field!

Shame about those bugs, Joba.... image
    Mike
    Bosox1976
    LETS GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Manny! image

• ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoa! That one landed on the Mass Pike for sure!! image
  • Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    All those walks to Big Papi....Manny is gonna make them pay sooner or later.
    Hopefully Schill can clinch it on Sunday!
  • What can I say other than you guys are the man right now. You're doing everything right.
    Manny, you da man!

Go sawks!

Go bugs!

Capecards
    It really was odd, intentionally walking Ortiz to get to Manny several times...hasn't Mike Scoscia watched any baseball this decade?
    Congrats guys, you deserve it now. Don't think the Halos can pull 3 in a row.

I think Scoscia figured Manny was stil lin a funk from the injury they walked Oritz 4 times Manny had 2 walks, a K, and an HR
  • I would love to see how Papelbon's "Stare" would work out if a swarm of bugs were flying around his head. image Too bad the Red Sox weren't playing the Indians last night.

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Papelbon impressed me. I didn't think he could pull off a two inninger.