Home Sports Talk
Options

2007 RED SOX CHAMPIONSHIP RUN

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>only if we can smash Wakefield image >>

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i9ll flip hi the byrd from my living rom paul lol-seen rockies won-rockies vs....
  • Options
    I dont know man... I think it's gonna be an all pitching game tonight.

Neither side is gonna have an "easy" time going yard...

GO SOX! Make it 2-2!!!!
  • Options
    I agree. Tonight will be a pitching game. It's going to be interesting. My wife had a bad day so we're going out. Thank God for DVR!
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I'm pretty sure the Sox will be able to score off Byrd, so as long as Wake keeps the Indians at bay at least a little bit, it should be enough.

I'd still love to see Beckett tonight, though.
  • Options
    Im not concerned as much with Byrd's ability to shut us down as much as I am with our bats just being cold..

Hopefully Wake will be somewhat sharp tonight. image
  • Options
    Again Ellsbury not in the starting lineup! Not liking this! The Sox best score some runs tonight.......LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    Are my eyes playing tricks on me or did Pedroia just try the A-rod swat??
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beckett better come up big (and get a couple of runs, at least) so Schilling can get a chance at redemption.

• Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    This is when I wish we had the old "code of conduct" in MLB, like they did back in the days of Gibson and Drysdale. Manny would be so drilled with the next pitch he sees.
  • Options

<< <i>This is when I wish we had the old "code of conduct" in MLB, like they did back in the days of Gibson and Drysdale. Manny would be so drilled with the next pitch he sees. >>

I was thinking about that too. Too much staring and showboating.
  • Options
    His gloating on a HR when his team is down by 5 at that time reminds me of morons in football that celebrate under similar circumstances.

I don't know why managers tolerate that crap.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>His gloating on a HR when his team is down by 5 at that time reminds me of morons in football that celebrate under similar circumstances. >>

Yeah. Little is more ridiculous than a DB celebrating a big hit...after they've been burned for 40 yards and when they're down by four touchdowns.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Good night now!

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    Pretty quiet in here, I thought Wakefield was going to be okay, the knuckler was really dancing for at first.

Tough break on the ball hit back at him, may have ended the inning.

Pressure is on.

Beckett needs to pitch a gem.

Trying to complete 1970 psa set.
    45% complete.
  • Options
    The Indians formula for success the past couple of games: Starter goes 5/6 innings, bullpen comes in and shuts the door hard.

Timely hitting drives the sox starter from the game early, forces the bullpen to mistakes.

Got a day off to prep for Beckett.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta get some consistent offensive threats. Time for Ellsbury over Coco and Kielty against CC too. Just need Beckett to get the next one, then some home cooking.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>His gloating on a HR when his team is down by 5 at that time reminds me of morons in football that celebrate under similar circumstances.

I don't know why managers tolerate that crap. >>

Just Manny being Manny, man.

• Options
    We are DONE!
  • Options

<< <i>We are DONE! >>

Beckett and Schilling and pray for rain!
  • Options

<< <i>We are DONE! >>

Come on!! 2422 posts and you give up that easily? image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>We are DONE! >>

Come on!! 2422 posts and you give up that easily? image >>

• Options

<< <i>We are DONE! >>

C'mon man - we are far from done here. Beckett wins tomorrow, and then we need to take care of business at home this weekend.
  • Options
    Guys Im serious, I am so Freakin' pi$$ed off at this whole series. Why the @%&amp;* are we not letting Ellsbury in the lineup? I understand we cant just take out Drew for him incase we need a basestealer on the bench and we need that run to be manufactured late in a game, but why not put him in instead of Coco? This kid was playing so well last month and Pedroia is NOT getting it done in the leadoff spot.. Lets shake it up a little! It is the same old story with the bats running cold! Well this time we cant just let it run its coarse right?

Why the @%&amp;* did we allow Gane in the game the other night? The guy has been a trainwreck in close games and cost us BIG TIME the other night, now we need to win three in a row?

I know, I know I shouldnt give up on us but I am so freakin' frustrated! I just hope we can get our bats going, it is simple as that.
  • Options
    I am really sick of JD Blew. I b*tched about his signing from day one, but I still wonder again and again WTF was Epstein thinking? What made him think that Drew was even CLOSE to being worth $14 million per season? Makes one wonder if he is an illegitimite son of Scott Bor-Ass.

And now Blew is hampering the development of young stars like Ellsbury. If they had re-signed Trot Nixon instead (just as productive as Blew, for $11 million less per year), they would have no problem using Ellsbury now.

• Options
    I do agree that Pedroia is not working out at the top of the lineup. Youkilis did GREAT as a leadoff hitter during the season and should be there again tomorrow night. Of course, Tito doesn't take my advice, never even signs for the telegrams I send to him a few times a day. What a maroon. You all know my thoughts on Blew too. Any chance we can find takers for Blew (yes, the Sox will have to pay part of his salary) and Luso (same deal on salary) during the offseason? I hope the Sox sign Manny to an extension and Mike Lowell for life. Then sign the guy we hate for short, his original position on the infield.
  • Options

<< <i>I do agree that Pedroia is not working out at the top of the lineup. Youkilis did GREAT as a leadoff hitter during the season and should be there again tomorrow night. Of course, Tito doesn't take my advice, never even signs for the telegrams I send to him a few times a day. What a maroon. You all know my thoughts on Blew too. Any chance we can find takers for Blew (yes, the Sox will have to pay part of his salary) and Luso (same deal on salary) during the offseason? I hope the Sox sign Manny to an extension and Mike Lowell for life. Then sign the guy we hate for short, his original position on the infield. >>

Interesting thoughts -- but:

If they sign Pay-Rod for $30+ million I will jump on the Rockies bandwagon. No more Boras clients, please -- the SOX get hosed on EVERY one of them.

Keep Lugo, I think he will do better next year -- it is not worth having to eat tons of salary on him. I don't think they should have given up on O. Cabrerra, A-Gon, or even Rent-a-Wreck, so don't make the same mistake a 4th time!!

If they can sucker a team into taking Drew for $10 mm per year (i.e. eat $4mm per year) do it!! Given the Cards gave Pinero $13 million for 2 years, they might take Drew for $10 million per.

Sign Lowell to 2 or 3 years. Manny I can take or leave.
  • Options
    IT'S NOT OVER BUT THE ROCKIES GOT TO THE SERIES BY BEING CLUTCH AT THE RIGHT TIME AND THE INDIANS ARE DOING THE SAME THING TO THE SOX THAT THEY DID TO THE YANKEES.

The Red Sox have failed to be clutch.

You have to take advantage and unfortunately the Red Sox have really failed to take advantage of any opportunities they have been given Too many double plays. That includes offensive and defensive.

Also, Francona has failed to make the right moves whether it be bringing in the correct reliever or pulling a starter at the right time time. That also goes for changes in the lineup and or pinch hitting. Also, am I the only persone wondering why nobody has pitched inside on the Indian hitters to move them off the plate.

It's not over, but the team needs to be clutch nd unfortunately taking away Game 1 no one has been clutch after that effort.

Game 2
    Eric Gagne - Don't get me started. Why bring him in and why stay with him.

Game 3
    Varitek hits his home run one at bat late - not clutch.

Game 4
    Youkilis drops foul ball and against same batter Wakefield doesn't catch liner or let it go.

Youkilis-Ortiz-Ramirez go back-to-back-to-back off a pitcher with a 7-run lead who obviously had tightened up after sitting for 40 minutes.

DISAPPOINTED!!!!
    Have shine box will travel
    ------------
    BOBBY ORR
    THE BEST THERE WAS!
    THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE!
    ------------
  • Options
    we're still big Orlando Cabrera fans in my family. Bad, bad mistake to not pursue that. I think the only reason Lowell isn't already signed is the Sox think they want a shot at Rodriguez. WTF they want to keep Lugo is beyond me. Got to be a hundred other guys who can hit their weight and throw the ball into the stands and get thrown out on the basepaths due to inattention.
  • Options
    Got to be a hundred other guys who can hit their weight and throw the ball into the stands and get thrown out on the basepaths due to inattention.

Now that's funny Barndog.

Peace
    Trying to complete 1970 psa set.
    45% complete.
  • Options
    Lets not get silly in thinking ANYONE in their right mind would consider JD Drew for their club, we are in a marriage with this guy- And it is a very ugly one at that!

On another note, have any of you heard anything about us pursuing Johan Santana next year? Something along the lines of Bucholz and Lester? I think next year is Santana's contract year? I dont know, my Captain mentioned this to me at work today...
  • Options

<< <i>we're still big Orlando Cabrera fans in my family. Bad, bad mistake to not pursue that. I think the only reason Lowell isn't already signed is the Sox think they want a shot at Rodriguez. .. >>

No, no, no, no, no!!! No A-Rod. If they cough up $30 mil per year for him it will tick of 2/3s of Red Sox Nation. Theo, listen to the fans at least this one time. Otherwise, might as well call 'em the Boston Yankees -- a team of overpaid veterans with no team chemistry.

Regarding Lugo, maybe if the Red Sox try keeping a shortstop more than one season, they will get some production out of him!
  • Options

<< <i>Lets not get silly in thinking ANYONE in their right mind would consider JD Drew for their club, ... >>

Seriously, if the Cardinals are willing to pay $13 million for 2 years from a former Red Sox mop-up pitcher, they might be willing to take Drew -- they could sell it by saying "he's a proven National League guy!!"
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Lets not get silly in thinking ANYONE in their right mind would consider JD Drew for their club, ... >>

Seriously, if the Cardinals are willing to pay $13 million for 2 years from a former Red Sox mop-up pitcher, they might be willing to take Drew -- they could sell it by saying "he's a proven National League guy!!" >>

Coin, what has Blew proven in the NL? That he is capable of NOT hitting 30+ HR's? That he is capable of knocking in a career best 100 runs?

That he is INCAPABLE of showing emotion when he k's to end the game with the winning run on third? I just dont see it Bro!

• Options

<< <i>That he is INCAPABLE of showing emotion when he k's to end the game with the winning run on third? >>

That's what I've noticed about him. Where's his fire,?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>we're still big Orlando Cabrera fans in my family. Bad, bad mistake to not pursue that. I think the only reason Lowell isn't already signed is the Sox think they want a shot at Rodriguez. .. >>

No, no, no, no, no!!! No A-Rod. If they cough up $30 mil per year for him it will tick of 2/3s of Red Sox Nation. Theo, listen to the fans at least this one time. Otherwise, might as well call 'em the Boston Yankees -- a team of overpaid veterans with no team chemistry.

Regarding Lugo, maybe if the Red Sox try keeping a shortstop more than one season, they will get some production out of him! >>

100% correct - no way do we need the A-Rod circus in Boston. He's obviously a tremendous player, but he's not what the Sox need. In fact, it would just give Yankee fans something to point out every year that he's in Boston and they don't win. Who needs it?
  • Options
    would I rather have A-Rod or JD Blew...hmmm, give me a millisecond to figure that one out. I'd much rather have a good shortstop, no matter who it is. Miguel Tejada would be my ideal choice.
  • Options
    Regarding Jacoby: Yes, I'll take him in the line-up over JD Blew ANY DAY OF THE WEEK AGAINST ANY PITCHER IN THE LEAGUE!

Regarding Lugo: I think we should hang onto him too. He's not spectacular, but we knew that going into the deal.

Regarding A-Rod: If we cant re-sign Lowell, then I'd take him. And I 100% AGREE that it wouldnt be a good "chemistry" but we're not talking about science class here, we're walking about wins. I'll take his NUMBERS on our team anytime.

Regarding tonight: Beckett is a sure thing. this will go to game 6.

Regarding the lottery tonight: 2,4,8,12,22,29

That is all.
  • Options

now torre not taking yanks, i dont care where torre goes, be a garbageman for all i care
  • Options
    Well winning tonight is the only option. Hopefully the Sox understand this!
  • Options

<< <i>torre stays with yanks-just announced- we gotta wins us a game tonight lol-in a real bad way!indains are tough! >>

Where did you see that?!?!?!?!?!

• Options

<< <i>torre stays with yanks-just announced- we gotta wins us a game tonight lol-in a real bad way!indains are tough! >>

Huh? He turned them down.

Beckett is a sure thing?
  • Options
    tv-now they just said he turned em down,never believe the news,they have been known to fib at bit lol
  • Options
    Guys forget about Torre and whether he signs with the Yanks or not! There is only ONE thing that matters in this thread and that is the SOX NEED TO WIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    beat them indian flat boring cornfield amish buggy in my way in middle of road to a pulp lol-
    thats my story and im sticking to it,sure are tough though lol-i can hit ohio witha rock from here,going to in a minute,hit leo lol
  • Options

<< <i>Guys forget about Torre and whether he signs with the Yanks or not! There is only ONE thing that matters in this thread and that is the SOX NEED TO WIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >>

Perk, the Yanks did this on purpose to grab the spotlight and confuse the Red Sox Nation before the big game image.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Guys forget about Torre and whether he signs with the Yanks or not! There is only ONE thing that matters in this thread and that is the SOX NEED TO WIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >>

Perk, the Yanks did this on purpose to grab the spotlight and confuse the Red Sox Nation before the big game image. >>

Thank You for explaining this to me! image
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    Just turned the pre-game on. Karros seems like a decent guy but does his hair bother anyone else besides me??????
  • Options
    Lets GO Sox!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    YOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUKKKKKKK!
    Mike
    Bosox1976