Home Sports Talk
Options

2007 RED SOX CHAMPIONSHIP RUN

Comments

• Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭

A great moment in Red Sox history.

Congrats to the Indians, you guys put up a great fight. The game was much closer than the score indicates.

And to the Indians fans on this board - you have been a classy bunch, unlike some fans of another northeast team that shall remain nameless!

Now, let's put that Rockies streak to the ultimate test!
    Capecards
  • Options
    Man, what a weekend!

Go Sox!

And I agree that the Indians fans on this board have been (for the most part) very respectful. You guys played hard.

59.5 hours to the first pitch!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ALL CHARGED UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    As I said earlier in this thread that after Boston won game five it might be over for Cleveland. It has to be a very very disappointing way to end the playoffs since its been so long since they been in there. Stick a fork in the goose he is done. image
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As happy as I am for the Red Sox, I do feel bad for Cleveland fans, as most Red Sox fans have been there before. It was a terrific series, and it could easily have gone either way.

I want to note that I did NOT feel sorry for Yankee fans in 2004. image
  • Options

<< <i>As happy as I am for the Red Sox, I do feel bad for Cleveland fans, as most Red Sox fans have been there before. It was a terrific series, and it could easily have gone either way.

I want to note that I did NOT feel sorry for Yankee fans in 2004. image >>

I dont think ANYONE felt bad for Yankee fans in 04 man!
  • Options
    Congrats Red Sox Fans! A well earned victory to move on to the World Series image

P.S. Watch out. I'm feeling jealous and petty right about now image
  • Options

<< <i>Congrats Red Sox Fans! A well earned victory to move on to the World Series image

P.S. Watch out. I'm feeling jealous and petty right about now image >>

Thanks a lot, thegemmintman! We've stuck with our team and pulled through!

Four more games to go! (hehe)

• Options
    So who will throw the first pitch in Game 1? Trot Nixon? image
  • Options
    AthenaAthena Posts: 439 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So who will throw the first pitch in Game 1? Trot Nixon? image >>

I suggest Luis Tiant would be an even better choice. Or how about Johnny Pesky?
  • Options
    Piman58Piman58 Posts: 814 ✭✭
    Great series by the Sox. They played with more passion than my Indians. They needed to heed ole Satchell's advice of
    'Don't look back, someone might be gaining on you' Some tough breaks a key times in the game for the Tribe, but those happen
    both ways in a seven game series.

Good Luck vs the Rockies. Beware the former expansion teams, they can win the WS as well. Just ask the '97 Indians.
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725

Haha! That's classic! I read that Trot was pretty PO'd that Millar threw out the first pitch. I don't blame him, but after the Indians shenanigans with Beckett's ex singing the national anthem I thought having Mueller and Millar come back to throw out the first pitch was a good move.

If Trot's not willing to throw out the first pitch, I'd suggest Larry Bigbie.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>

I suggest Luis Tiant would be an even better choice. Or how about Johnny Pesky? >>

Pesky would surely be a fine choice.
  • Options
    Here we go guys! Tonight is game 1!!!

GO BECKETT!!!

• Options
    Can you guys believe it? Game 1 of the World Series tonight and we are in it!!!!!!!!!!!!

LETS GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Can you guys believe it? Game 1 of the World Series tonight and we are in it!!!!!!!!!!!!

LETS GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >>

Where are all the Yankee fans? I am waiting for them to emerge from the woodshed
  • Options
    Go Bosox! Even Rudy Giuliani (?sp) is rooting for the Sox!

I don't know, if they don't win this thing, I will enter some serious depression - the treatment will be to buy lots of PSA cards. image
    Capecards
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Can you guys believe it? Game 1 of the World Series tonight and we are in it!!!!!!!!!!!!

LETS GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >>

Where are all the Yankee fans? I am waiting for them to emerge from the woodshed >>

I already congratulated you dorks image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Where are all the Yankee fans? I am waiting for them to emerge from the woodshed >>

I already congratulated you dorks image >>

It's true... he already congratulated us dorks.

:-)

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,468 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Go Bosox! Even Rudy Giuliani (?sp) is rooting for the Sox!

I don't know, if they don't win this thing, I will enter some serious depression - the treatment will be to buy lots of PSA cards. image >>

Rudy is just trying to jump on Mitt Romney's bandwagon. I don't trust a ^%$#( thing a politician says or does. Go Sox!
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go Sox, I'm pumped, my parents are Yanks fans, trying to convert them.

They get real angry when I say first round.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    Hey, a Tribe fan here. But, let's show those west coast guys how to play baseball!!!! Go Sox!
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that's a start...
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Lead-off homer for the Sox. With Beckett pitching it might be over already.
  • Options
    Not a bad first inning! I just hope the rain stops.. image
  • Options
    I almost forgot........

LETS GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GO BECKETT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GO SOX HITTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    7 K's! Keep it up Beckett.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options

<< <i>7 K's! Keep it up Beckett. >>

• Options
    Thanks for the two ribbies Tek!

Rockies are in the pen now..... let's PILE EM ON!!!

• Options

<< <i>Thanks for the two ribbies Tek!

Rockies are in the pen now..... let's PILE EM ON!!! >>

• Options
    jmbjmb Posts: 594 ✭✭✭
    The Sox are going to go thru the Rockies like Taco Bell. If it could end in 3 games, it would. image
  • Options
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    total smackdown of the rockpile. Francis is by far their best pitcher...RUT ROH!!
  • Options
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Three more please.
  • Options
    WOW! (and I hate that word)

However, being ever the cautious Bosox fan who has been burned numerous times over the years, I remember we won the first Indians game big too.

Dont' get too excited, right?....................WOW!
    Capecards
  • Options
    Nice win, but WAYYY to early to count the Rocks out, as the local media has seemed to do already.

If Schill has a bad game, it will be a slug-fest, and Dice-K is still not solid yet. Even if the Rocks go down 3-0, they can come back.
  • Options

<< <i>Nice win, but WAYYY to early to count the Rocks out, as the local media has seemed to do already.

If Schill has a bad game, it will be a slug-fest, and Dice-K is still not solid yet. Even if the Rocks go down 3-0, they can come back. >>

I agree and disagree with you.

Yes, it's way to early to count the Rockies out, but there's absolutley no way in hell they'll come back down 3-0. It will not happen in our lifetime.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Nice win, but WAYYY to early to count the Rocks out, as the local media has seemed to do already.

If Schill has a bad game, it will be a slug-fest, and Dice-K is still not solid yet. Even if the Rocks go down 3-0, they can come back. >>

I agree and disagree with you.

Yes, it's way to early to count the Rockies out, but there's absolutley no way in hell they'll come back down 3-0. It will not happen in our lifetime. >>

That's how we felt after game 3 in the 2004 ALCS. Hell after game 3 some of the Boston players were wishing the Yankees luck against the Cards. You guys had the players though to mount such a comeback. I don't know much about the Rockies, but I'd say they would have zero chance.
  • Options
    I actually fell asleep way before the game got out of hand, I woke up this morning and was like WOW! image

Honestly guys I am pumped but there is NO WAY this series is over, we need to take this series one game at a time.

• Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    Yeah, let's not start hoisting the flag just yet.

Anyway else get the sinking sensation that we're using up all our runs too soon?
  • Options

<< <i>Yeah, let's not start hoisting the flag just yet.

Anyway else get the sinking sensation that we're using up all our runs too soon? >>

no way. The Sox have some hot bats lately (which are likely to cool off at least for a game or two) so I believe they have plenty more runs to score!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Yeah, let's not start hoisting the flag just yet.

Anyway else get the sinking sensation that we're using up all our runs too soon? >>

no way. The Sox have some hot bats lately (which are likely to cool off at least for a game or two) so I believe they have plenty more runs to score! >>

DAM! I get all charged up when Barndog talks positive!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I am pumped! Just got tickets and a flight to Denver - am going to Saturday night's game! Flying out in the morning. Nothing like a Red Sox Nation road trip, especially one that does not involve the Bronx!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    When Yaz threw out the first pitch last night, all I could think of was Johnny Damon's arm. image
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options

<< <i>When Yaz threw out the first pitch last night, all I could think of was Johnny Damon's arm. image >>

• Options

<< <i>I am pumped! Just got tickets and a flight to Denver - am going to Saturday night's game! Flying out in the morning. Nothing like a Red Sox Nation road trip, especially one that does not involve the Bronx! >>

CONGRATULATIONS! That's huge, have a great time!
  • Options

<< <i>Ok fellas enough of the BS .....Lugo k'ed 3x's, Schilling looks old, BLAH BLAH BLAH

LETS SUPPORT OUR RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The offical 2007 Red Sox Championship run thread is here!

SOUND OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    >>

to think, this is how it all started back in April. Could've been game two against the Indians image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Ok fellas enough of the BS .....Lugo k'ed 3x's, Schilling looks old, BLAH BLAH BLAH

LETS SUPPORT OUR RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The offical 2007 Red Sox Championship run thread is here!

SOUND OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    >>

to think, this is how it all started back in April. Could've been game two against the Indians image >>

AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!! Im all about SOUNDING OFF AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

LETS GO RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GO SCHILLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GO SOX HITTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Come on Papi - let's get some runs!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Okajima was money tonight.
    Mike
    Bosox1976