rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    wooooooo-1 more game,"git r' dun"
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>wooooooo-1 more game,"git r' dun" >>

Thats what Im talkin' bout' Rube!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! image
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the glasses have been washed, the Champagne is chilling...the Sox have a couple games to come through without making me nervous image
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    No disrespect meant to the Sox, because they've clearly been the better team and they've certainly earned it, but boy, do the Rox look bad in this series. Overmatched, intimidated, just "glad to be there."

I'm sure some of it is the Sox making them look bad, but beyond that...they're just really pressing and look like a team with no confidence ever since Game 1.
  • Options
    Piman58Piman58 Posts: 814 ✭✭
    If your Sox are going to win tonight, can they make sure the combined total of runs tonight is 16?
    That would be very helpful for me, thanks.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys:

Great time at the game last night. I sat by the left field foul pole in a section loaded with Sox fans. Nice field, amenities, and for the most part, fans.
    Atmosphere was charged, but lower than a Sox Yankees game by far. Some passionate Rox fans, but mostly "happy to be there" (like a Cubs game).

I think they were a little horrified by the intensity of Red Sox Nation. Most couldn't believe anybody would fly in for a game. Typical running commentary from first to last inning by the Sox fans left the Rox fans bewildered in my section. Four fights broke out in my area, all started (at least physically) by Rox fans. Actually some were downright venomous (kind of like White Sox games feel for Cubs fans). Don't want to touch on the negativity any more - because it was a very positive, fun night.

The vibe change after the Holiday HR and the striking out the side inning was huge, but Hurdle inexplicably pulled the hot pitcher. I hear that the replays may have shown Manny was safe at home...he cannot possibly be that slow. Ortiz seemed faster on the bases than Manny. Manny was the only Sox player that the Rox fans would get on, and that was usually "You suck" or something equally insightful.

Scalpers were getting $500 - $2,000 per seat, and hotels were sold out for most of the city. As an extra bonus, many cheeseheads were in town for the MNF game with the Broncos. Both Sox and Rox fans heckled them mercilessly. A fantastic debate occurred in a bar I had lunch at; Cheese Curds vs. Rocky Mountain Oysters. The Cheese curd argument was far more compelling.

On Saturday night I saw Cutler and TE Sheffler at a club. Bartender told me that they were there often and felt they were nitwits. He also said that Cutler scored either near perfect or perfect on the Wonderlick test, which nobody in Denver could believe.

For a 48 hour trip with a couple of my old college pals, it was a great time.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options

<< <i>I hear that the replays may have shown Manny was safe at home...he cannot possibly be that slow. >>

No, the replay showed he was definitely out. The bigger issue was how his strange helmet fitting issues likely cost himself the run.
  • Options
    <No, the replay showed he was definitely out. The bigger issue was how his strange helmet fitting issues likely cost himself the run>

It actually looked like he was jogging, and that helmet...what a clown. On balls hit to left center, Ellsbury was like a rocket and Manny was like a slug. Again, he cannot possibly be that slow - he has serious fast-twitch muscles at the plate.

GREAT slide by Lowell - 2-0 Sox! Let's close this out tonight!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    How hilarious is it that every yankee fan has gone MIA since the red sox have made it to the world series and are on the verge of winning their second world series since the yankees have won one?

Great job sox....clearly the best team in the bigs all year long.
  • Options

<< <i>How hilarious is it that every yankee fan has gone MIA since the red sox have made it to the world series and are on the verge of winning their second world series since the yankees have won one? >>

Every Yankee fan? I've posted in this thread after every game of the World Series. Ax is his usual liar self.
  • Options
    sounds like ya had a great time mike, at least we dont have baseball riots like soccer riots over in outher countries lol,they get into it big time, colape seats,storm fields!!!, be nice just to sit in seat and watch game,even in the denver cold without a pile of rolling drunks flipping over your head!!!!lol
    raNDY
  • Options

<< <i>

Every Yankee fan? I've posted in this thread after every game of the World Series. Ax is his usual liar self. >>

How's it feel to see a team in your own division take over as the most successful team in the AL? Despite your team overspending by over $50 million a year?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Every Yankee fan? I've posted in this thread after every game of the World Series. Ax is his usual liar self. >>

How's it feel to see a team in your own division take over as the most successful team in the AL? Despite your team overspending by over $50 million a year? >>

All I know is that you're a liar, as per usual.
  • Options
    RutRoh!
    GagMe sighting!
  • Options
    now the game has become interesting, nice fight in Colorado
  • Options
    Red Sox Fans - Congratulations! You had the best team all year round, and you deserve the World Series victory image
  • Options
    Thread closed, job is doneimage
    give me liberty or give me death
    my hotelsimage
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    WOOT!!!! image
  • Options
    congrats sox.
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations to the Red Sox and all their fans!!!!!!! image

Steve
  • Options
    Lowell MVP.

• Options
    Congrats to the Red Sox and you! I have given you guys a hard time throughout the season but the Sox derserved the WS title. Now do us Yankee fans a favor... I heard A-Rod is opting out. Please take Rod and don't sign Mike Lowell so we can take him.

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options
    finally over- and i won a slabbed pack of 74 topps baseball to boot for picking sox and the 39 runs,thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    randy
  • Options
    this will all sink in tomorrow image
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Congrats to the Red Sox and you! I have given you guys a hard time throughout the season but the Sox derserved the WS title. Now do us Yankee fans a favor... I heard A-Rod is opting out. Please take Rod and don't sign Mike Lowell so we can take him. >>

NFW!!! No Pay-Rod for the Sox. Lowell stays, or else Red Sox nation will be pissed off!! The 5000 Sox fans at Coors and chanting "Re-sign Lowell!!"

I'd love to see Pay-Rod have to "settle" for $25 mil per year with the Cubs -- he can hit 70 homers and then choke in the playoffs again.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Congrats to the Red Sox and you! I have given you guys a hard time throughout the season but the Sox derserved the WS title. Now do us Yankee fans a favor... I heard A-Rod is opting out. Please take Rod and don't sign Mike Lowell so we can take him. >>

NFW!!! No Pay-Rod for the Sox. Lowell stays, or else Red Sox nation will be pissed off!! The 5000 Sox fans at Coors and chanting "Re-sign Lowell!!"

I'd love to see Pay-Rod have to "settle" for $25 mil per year with the Cubs -- he can hit 70 homers and then choke in the playoffs again. >>

the Cubs won't make the playoffs even with Arod image
  • Options
    Yeah, I hope A-Rod ends up with a last place team and winds up making less than the Yankees offered before opt out.

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Awesome! image

Nothing will ever be as special as 2004, but this will certainly do! Cheers also to all my fellow Sox fans on board here (perkdog, Barndog, Connecticoin, TheVon, abmluce, teknobailey,bosox1976, ripublicaninmass, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some) - it was a lot of fun this year with you guys on this thread!

Also, tip of the cap to the Yankee fans, especially the ones classy enough to post congrats here.

And, finally, great job by the Rockies to do what they did. Looks like they have a bright future.

Now, let's celebrate! image
  • Options

<< <i>Yeah, I hope A-Rod ends up with a last place team and winds up making less than the Yankees offered before opt out. >>

haha

that's funny. Making less than what the yanks offered? Never gonna happen.

Funny how little you know about baseball.

• Options
    a-rod will be making so much money hell have to send me some lol-i got my jersey box made by a guy today for my autoed rangers arod jersey,its huge so it wont have to be scrunched up like the reg pathetic jersey cases you buy
    its 4x4 foot-so plenty of room to stretch it out,now i just gotta find someplace to put it,as you guys know i dont have a whole lot of free wall space.i need another garage stall lol-thatll make 4,1 military/2 cards & me/3 stuff i start but never finish like my 55 truck and 31 ford,55 chevy bel air is in one on house,i need more room lol-i got 100 acres though,ill think of something
    well nothing for me to watch till baseball comes back on but to upgrade 50 bowmans, pretty funny got #8 50 bowman set and dont watch football lol-but they are beautiful anyways-party in boston harbor tonight!!!!!im not allowed out of state till court hearingimagei was bad lol he had it comng though lol-kid keeps it up he be at salvation army on couch living-never have kids lol-they want to take you on one day
    YAY SOX-ITS OVER!!!!!!!!THE FAT LADY SUNG!!!
    randy
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Red Sox Nation! They certainly didnt waste any time! That entire Red Sox team is an abarition to me but somehow they were great from day one. Well deserved!
  • Options
    <<that's funny. Making less than what the yanks offered? Never gonna happen. Funny how little you know about baseball.>>

Instead of just saying that it isn't gonna happen this Troll Turd adds that I know little about baseball. The last time I checked how much a whore and his pimp make has nothing to do with the game of baseball. NOTHING. Now go back to your Marinated thread that has been vacated by you for eons since the Yankees beat the Marinateds' bird.

• Options
    Edited to remove duplicate post the system created.

• Options
    Hats off to the Sox players, coaches, organization, and fans. Yee haw!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    Whoo hoo! Twice in 4 years! I can get used to this!
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA SAWKS!

Mike Lowell, please don't pull a Damon on us - sign him up right away! Yes he is, the BEST third baseman in baseball (I don't consider PAYROD a third baseman).

A great nucleus of young players!

Sign up Schill too, great for team chemistry, and mentor the young pitchers.

Tito Francona - the best!

Capecards
  • Options
    Congratulations Red Sox... it's been a great year. And Thank you!!!

p.s. Thedutymon (neil) needs to start the official "We're Not worthy" thread.... a bet is a bet!

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Congrats to the Sox organization and their fans!

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    we need Lowell back!
  • Options
    Absolutely, we need Lowell back. I don't think he'd do a money grab like Damon did, especially seeing how bright the future looks in Boston - and considering his constant comments about how much he loves playing here. Pay the man - he earned it.
  • Options

<< <i>Absolutely, we need Lowell back. I don't think he'd do a money grab like Damon did, especially seeing how bright the future looks in Boston - and considering his constant comments about how much he loves playing here. Pay the man - he earned it. >>

Lowell knows what the Sox "did" to Bronson Arroyo, so don't expect a home town discount. The Sox f'd up with that move. Lowell and every other player knows that baseball is a business. If the Sox offer Lowell just two years, he'll play somewhere else. If they offer three years, he'll need some incentives or sweeteners like no-trade stipulations. I do think that some team out there will be willing to give Lowell four years -- so the Sox need to be able to come close to that.
  • Options
    I agree with you - it still bothers me what they did to Bronson, and I'm sure Lowell and his agent are well aware of it. And also, they are well aware of how much this season will make for Lowell in a weak FA market - with teams like the Yanks salivating over throwing bushels of money at him. But, I still think he'll resign, and if it takes a 4th year to do it, Theo might give in this time.

Though, both times in recent memory where he decided against popular opinion (either on a 4th year, or more money) he was right. Look at how the Damon and Pedro signings are working out now.
  • Options
    I think if he signs with the Sox it might be a three year thing with some clauses put in there to make a fourth year possible.
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    What a fun season. The ending was pretty anticlimactic, but I can't complain about the results!

One of my favorite things about this season was sharing our daily thoughts and reactions. It was like free therapy for me!

I'd love to see Lowell come back next year, but don't you guys think that what we just witnessed was a career year? I can't imagine he'll put up those numbers again. How about some kind of sign and trade deal? Lowell is wanted in Minnesota and Minnesota wouldn't mind getting something in return for Santana who is entering the last year of his contract. It's just a thought.

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    I dont think Theo will let Lowell sty, he has this "young is better" attitude. Which YES it is better that signing Veterans at the END of their career, we used to do this for about 30 yers, readon, buckner, canseco, dawson, the list could be mile long. If Theo let's lowell go, i will start an IMPEACH THEO thread!
  • Options
    A little late posting but the celebration on Sunday night went very late!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

THANK YOU RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>Awesome! image

Nothing will ever be as special as 2004, but this will certainly do! Cheers also to all my fellow Sox fans on board here (perkdog, Barndog, Connecticoin, TheVon, abmluce, teknobailey,bosox1976, ripublicaninmass, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some) - it was a lot of fun this year with you guys on this thread!

Also, tip of the cap to the Yankee fans, especially the ones classy enough to post congrats here.

And, finally, great job by the Rockies to do what they did. Looks like they have a bright future.

Now, let's celebrate! image >>

I could not have said it better!!!!!! This year has been so much fun with you guys!!! Alot of ups and downs but we did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Awesome! image

Now, let's celebrate! image >>

Thanks for the shout out man. It was a long year. A great time to be a fan. They did it!

The lines were UNBELIEVABLE at Modell's when I went to get my hat and shirt....

• Options
    I'm waiting until the shirts/hats and other stuff goes on sale, I can't see paying $30 for a baseball cap.