Home Sports Talk
Options

2007 RED SOX CHAMPIONSHIP RUN

Comments

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else notice how much John Henry looks like George McFly?

Steve
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    woooooooooo-one more sat night!!!the rockies be getting rocked!who did all the hitting in the 1st game?13 to something was last i heard that cop told me- i was kinda under arrest so i missed it,long story lol-took me 1 hour to get out lmao
    low scoring game tonight
    have fun in denver mike-id go with ya but am not alloowed to go out of state right now haaaaaaa
  • Options

<< <i>woooooooooo-one more sat night!!!the rockies be getting rocked!who did all the hitting in the 1st game?13 to something was last i heard that cop told me- i was kinda under arrest so i missed it,long story lol-took me 1 hour to get out lmao
    low scoring game tonight
    have fun in denver mike-id go with ya but am not alloowed to go out of state right now haaaaaaa >>

"Breakin the law! Breakin the law!"

• Options
    AthenaAthena Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    Nice to see a good pitching duel in game two. Both bullpens were very effective. Congratulations to the Red Sox! image
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    millions of dollars worth of furniture purchased from Jordan's in New England may soon be FREE (promotion back in the Spring for free furniture if the Sox won the WS). I hope the insurance company comes through for Jordan's!
  • Options

<< <i>I am pumped! Just got tickets and a flight to Denver - am going to Saturday night's game! Flying out in the morning. Nothing like a Red Sox Nation road trip, especially one that does not involve the Bronx! >>

How'd that happen? I was on the Rockies website both mornings trying to get tickets but couldn't get a sniff of the webpage. It was way too freakin' busy. Congrats!!!
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    First, I want to say how much Papelbon's pickoff of Holliday pumped me up last night.

Second, is it just me or does the World Series tend to bring out all the loser fans? I was watching the game in a bar last night (as is my custom) with the other Sacramento-based members of The Nation and a so-called "friend" of ours showed up to watch the game. I’m pretty sure he hasn’t watched an entire game all year, but suddenly he’s a fist-pumping, pelvic thrusting, hooping-and-hollering Colorado Rockies fan. I don’t think I would have been so irritated if he could have named a single pitcher on the Rockies or if he hadn’t jubilantly cheered when Jiminez through a strike to bring the count to 3-1. Worst of all is the jumping up from his chair, arms outstretched victoriously when one of the Rockies hit an obvious pop-up. We all made it pretty clear we weren’t amused, but he didn’t care. His weeklong passion for the Rockies was just too great to contain, I guess. But then, just to make sure everything was cool, he approached me after the game and said “no hard feelings.” I love that. I love it when the offender lets you know that he doesn’t have any hard feelings towards the offended.

So in summation, today I consider myself one friend down, but one more World Series game victory up. All in all, I feel richer today than I did yesterday.
  • Options

<< <i>First, I want to say how much Papelbon's pickoff of Holliday pumped me up last night.

Second, is it just me or does the World Series tend to bring out all the loser fans? I was watching the game in a bar last night (as is my custom) with the other Sacramento-based members of The Nation and a so-called "friend" of ours showed up to watch the game. I’m pretty sure he hasn’t watched an entire game all year, but suddenly he’s a fist-pumping, pelvic thrusting, hooping-and-hollering Colorado Rockies fan. I don’t think I would have been so irritated if he could have named a single pitcher on the Rockies or if he hadn’t jubilantly cheered when Jiminez through a strike to bring the count to 3-1. Worst of all is the jumping up from his chair, arms outstretched victoriously when one of the Rockies hit an obvious pop-up. We all made it pretty clear we weren’t amused, but he didn’t care. His weeklong passion for the Rockies was just too great to contain, I guess. But then, just to make sure everything was cool, he approached me after the game and said “no hard feelings.” I love that. I love it when the offender lets you know that he doesn’t have any hard feelings towards the offended.

So in summation, today I consider myself one friend down, but one more World Series victory up. All in all, I feel richer today than I did yesterday. >>

the Sox haven't won it yet. That being said (and "GO SOX" too), it is quite normal for people to attach to one team or another every time playoffs roll around, no matter the sport. I guess each person has the right to do this and MLB (and other leagues) hope that these "fans" spend some money on their sport at this time, but it sure is hard not to adopt a "holier than thou" attitude toward part time fans -- you deserve congratulations for putting up with it. Let part timers get what enjoyment they can and maybe someday a few of them will become more serious followers of the games and teams.
  • Options
    I've been to a couple of World Series games, and the crowd is simply not the same as the regular season die hards. You get a lot more corporate money going to fake fans tickets.
  • Options

<< <i>I've been to a couple of World Series games, and the crowd is simply not the same as the regular season die hards. You get a lot more corporate money going to fake fans tickets. >>

no matter where the game is played, the crowd sure is different come playoff time image
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I've been to a couple of World Series games, and the crowd is simply not the same as the regular season die hards. You get a lot more corporate money going to fake fans tickets. >>

no matter where the game is played, the crowd sure is different come playoff time image >>

For the most part, true in Houston too image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>First, I want to say how much Papelbon's pickoff of Holliday pumped me up last night.
    . >>

I heard Holliday was on one of those Southwest Airlines "want to get away?" commercials.
  • Options

<< <i>

. >>

I heard Holliday was on one of those Southwest Airlines "want to get away?" commercials. >>

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets enjoy this night off, but BACK to Bussiness tomorow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    Here's hoping Dice K puts another nail in the Rockies coffin!
  • Options

<< <i>Here's hoping Dice K puts another nail in the Rockies coffin! >>

I cant wait to see him bat again!!!

• Options
    It's time to put the hex on your team tonight.

The Gemmint Jinx is now underway!!
  • Options

<< <i>It's time to put the hex on your team tonight.

The Gemmint Jinx is now underway!! >>

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

• Options

it will likely be as effective as it was during the regular season and the first two rounds of the playoffs!
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

it will likely be as effective as it was during the regular season and the first two rounds of the playoffs! >>

image...oh and GO SOX!
  • Options
    i wiil not go to jail tonight , i will no got to jail tonight, kid is at grandmothers, so hell live a few more days anyways lol-as long as hes outta here
    i get to watch game 3 in peace
  • Options

<< <i>

it will likely be as effective as it was during the regular season and the first two rounds of the playoffs! >>

The Gemmint Jinx has never been used this post season until just now. Mocking the Gemmint Jinx only makes it stronger.

I thought everyone knew this image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

The Gemmint Jinx has never been used this post season until just now. Mocking the Gemmint Jinx only makes it stronger.

I thought everyone knew this image >>

just you, just you.
  • Options
    If we can get Stevek to predict a Rockies victory, we should be all set.
  • Options
    Wow, he really got outta that jam.......

And now a freakin double on an error....

Nice....
  • Options
    librtyheadlibrtyhead Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭

<< <i>millions of dollars worth of furniture purchased from Jordan's in New England may soon be FREE (promotion back in the Spring for free furniture if the Sox won the WS). I hope the insurance company comes through for Jordan's![/q
    I saw that!..............who do you think THEY are rooting for?.........image
  • Options
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Are we ever going to have a good, exciting WS again?

Except for the BOS-CLE series, every series in this year's playoffs was/is a lopsided stinker.
  • Options
    tomorrow I will buy some Champagne. Did the same thing in 2004 after game 3. Yes, very unlike a Sox fan, but I will do it again.

• Options
    sox-indains was good-my johnny carson carnac the great hat says 2019,but it lies to me alot,hit for a pitcher lol WWWWWWWWOOOO
  • Options

<< <i>tomorrow I will buy some Champagne. Did the same thing in 2004 after game 3. >>

As did I in the 7th inning of Game 6 of the 2002 Series when my Giants led the series 3-2 and the game 5-0. Be careful.
  • Options

<< <i>tomorrow I will buy some Champagne. Did the same thing in 2004 after game 3. Yes, very unlike a Sox fan, but I will do it again.

image >>

I bought my Asti Spumante this morning!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOX!

• Options
    thats the truth, even yogi made sense once in a while!!!"it aint over,till its over "
  • Options
    welp, 6-5,that was a very quick screw up,think he shoulda left that other pitcher in ,1st pitch home runimage
  • Options
    Thats okay... we have some breathing room now! 9-5!!!

• Options
    whew....get holliday out
    done
  • Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    I was rooting for a Rockies Series win. But now that they are assuredly going to be down 3-0, I want a sweep and have this season over with! And then start counting the 10 days that AROD has to decide whether to opt out.

/s/ JackWESQ

P.S. I think one of the biggest ironies in life and sports is that for 99% of us, we can't wait till the day that we stop working and retire, but for professional athletes, if they could, they would never retire and "work" forever.
  • Options
    tomorrow nite will tell the tale-could be sweep-
  • Options
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 MORE WIN!!!!!!!!! 1 MORE WIN!!!!!!!!!!! 1 MORE WIN!!!!!!!!!!! 1 MORE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    it is entirely possible that the Sox will win two WS titles in my lifetime. Never thought that would be anything other than a vivid dream. My three year old daughter...well this will make title number two in her short life image

So let's get the hot stove warmed up:

-the "pitcher" whose name shall not be mentioned: gone or given another shot? You know what I want.
    -Crisp: to which team do the Sox trade him? We know Ellsbury is going to start in CF next April. What do the Sox want besides a young catcher and middle relief?
    -MOST IMPORTANTLY: How soon do the Sox sign Mike Lowell to a 3 year contract or does Lowell hold out for a team willing to give him 4?
  • Options

<< <i>it is entirely possible that the Sox will win two WS titles in my lifetime. Never thought that would be anything other than a vivid dream. My three year old daughter...well this will make title number two in her short life image

So let's get the hot stove warmed up:

-the "pitcher" whose name shall not be mentioned: gone or given another shot? You know what I want.
    -Crisp: to which team do the Sox trade him? We know Ellsbury is going to start in CF next April. What do the Sox want besides a young catcher and middle relief?
    -MOST IMPORTANTLY: How soon do the Sox sign Mike Lowell to a 3 year contract or does Lowell hold out for a team willing to give him 4? >>

Barndog....... I love ya like a brother but lets concentrate on getting one more win!!!!!!!!!!! Then we can keep this thread going and address these questions! image
  • Options
    i liked the shots of the drywall stoves they use to dry the drywall mud too keep them warm out there,good idea,those crank out the heat !!that was classic!!!!!
  • Options
    rajah424rajah424 Posts: 439 ✭✭
    In late October/early November 2028 the Red Sox will win their 27th World Series title passing the Yankees record of 26.
  • Options
    I think this is the least exciting baseball postseason ever, at least since divisional play started. There has been only one exciting/dramatic series, and the rest of them have been one-sided yawners.
  • Options

<< <i>I think this is the least exciting baseball postseason ever, at least since divisional play started. There has been only one exciting/dramatic series, and the rest of them have been one-sided yawners. >>

I'm in favor of one-sided yawners when my team is winning image
  • Options
    Well Im sure Yankee fans would be more than happy about this so called "Yawner" of a series if it were them playing, but us Red Sox fans are more than happy with the way things are going so far. image
  • Options

<< <i>Well Im sure Yankee fans would be more than happy about this so called "Yawner" of a series if it were them playing, but us Red Sox fans are more than happy with the way things are going so far. image >>

Well said!

• Options
    "Except for the BOS-CLE series, every series in this year's playoffs was/is a lopsided stinker."

Bingo.

the two BEST teams in the Major Leagues battled and the Sox won.

The world series has been an afterthough for a loooong time, I've been saying it for a month. The NL teams are simply no match this year for the AL teams. Very week, inexperienced starting pitching.
  • Options

<< <i>Well Im sure Yankee fans would be more than happy about this so called "Yawner" of a series if it were them playing, but us Red Sox fans are more than happy with the way things are going so far. image >>

I can't argue with you there. When it's your team playing a cruise victory is what you hope for.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>"Except for the BOS-CLE series, every series in this year's playoffs was/is a lopsided stinker."

Bingo.

the two BEST teams in the Major Leagues battled and the Sox won.

The world series has been an afterthough for a loooong time, I've been saying it for a month. The NL teams are simply no match this year for the AL teams. Very week, inexperienced starting pitching. >>

I agree, to a point. The NL definitely seems a step behind, but if they didn't completely collapse at the end the Mets might have better represented the NL. Even the Phillies or the Cubs might have provided better competition.

But, on to the bigger story - I really want Lester to get the win tonight.