Home Sports Talk

2007 RED SOX CHAMPIONSHIP RUN

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DICE!!!!!!!!!!!!! on the hill tonight!

Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!!
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>DICE!!!!!!!!!!!!! on the hill tonight!

Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!! >>

YES!!!

Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!

EOM.

<< <i>

<< <i>DICE!!!!!!!!!!!!! on the hill tonight!

Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!! >>

YES!!!

Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!Lets get him som FREAKIN' RUN SUPPORT!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!! I was trying to say it like that but kept stuttering!!

EOM. >>

• BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,488 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kazmir is usually a Sox killer, I'm happy with four (so far).
  • ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    See - I told you Lugo would snap out of it.

Stay tuned here tomorrow for the winning lotto numbers... image

<< <i>See - I told you Lugo would snap out of it.

Stay tuned here tomorrow for the winning lotto numbers... image >>

a blind squirrel...
    I know - image

But, I am riding the Lugo bandwagon now! Tomorrow, 2 hits! image

<< <i>I know - image

But, I am riding the Lugo bandwagon now! Tomorrow, 2 hits! image >>

you wouldn't be a Sox fan if you didn't ride a bandwagon image
  • TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    I image Lugo. Always have, always will. How many shortstops can hit 9th in the lineup and still go 2-3 with 2 RBI? Not many. He was totally snubbed for the All-Star game.

In all seriousness, it's good to see him hitting again.
    Lugo providing a KEY 2 rbi hit and TEK providing some support as well. This type of game is what I like, a couple different guys stepping up and providing what we need for a win!

Dice looking STRONG...
  • Luis Aparicio has the Red Sox record: 44 ABs without a hit. I don't know what the ML record is. I remember the Ripken had a pretty long streak and then that kid that plays SS for the Yankees had a very bad streak a couple of years ago. I was not a big fan of the signing, but I think [hope, pray?] that he comes around. Some guys just can't make it in the pressure cookers of Boston & NY. With putting Pedroia at 2nd, I would like to have seen us keep Gonzalez [I agree with another poster that we should kept Cabrera. I thought that he was great fit for the Sox]. Just my 2c
    Greg
    Papi admits he has been battling sore Quads all year, that must be the reason his power #'s are down huh? Hopefully he will take a breather during the All Star break and rest his legs... We Need a HEALTHY PAPI!!!!!!!!!
    Weird lineup today, no Manny, Youk, or Pedroia. Hopefully they can still come up with some runs for Wakefield. I am going to a BBQ and will probably miss the game, so LETS SCORE SOME FREAKIN RUNS.
    It is a weird lineup and it makes me a little nervous . . . so far the wind looks like it's blowing out and Wakefield is a little erratic so I think we're going to need even more run support for him than normal. I hope the guys not in the starting lineup are at least available for pinch hitting duties later in the game.

Also: Tina Cervasio is hot. FYI.
    Yes Tina is as hot as Ellsbury is fast!
    SCORING FREAKIN' RUNS..............................I LIKE IT!!!!!
    image Nice work guys!
  • I heard that this is the Sox' first series with the D'rays all year, that they have 18 more games in the last 80 against them? Gotta like having that easier schedule in the second half.

<< <i>I heard that this is the Sox' first series with the D'rays all year, that they have 18 more games in the last 80 against them? Gotta like having that easier schedule in the second half. >>

16 more against TB now. Sox need to go 11-5 at least in the remaining 16 image
    Speaking of easy schedules, right after the break NY next 18 games are against TB, Tor,KC and Baltimore.. Very easy so we better be on top of our game after the time off.

<< <i>Also: Tina Cervasio is hot. FYI. >>

I think she might have a bun in the oven. Her outfits have been looking tight lately -- even tigher than Hazel Mae. BTW, that Kathryn Tappan who fills in for Hazel ain't too shabby either.

<< <i>Speaking of easy schedules, right after the break NY next 18 games are against TB, Tor,KC and Baltimore.. Very easy so we better be on top of our game after the time off. >>

I saw that too . . . and it does look like an easy schedule, but those teams all have records that are pretty close to New York's. Going into today the Blue Jays had a better record even and KC has been playing some pretty good ball lately (7-3).

The Sox don't have it too bad though with the exception of playing Detroit this weekend. They do have to play 18 days in a row following the All-Star break though!
    LETS GO BECKETT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    imageimage

Crisp, who'da thunk it?
    I know huh! COCO!!!!!!!!!!

Lowell is heating up again as well, this is GOOD STUFF!!!!!
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lugo-mania is gripping the nation...
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    Congrats to Oki for making the All-Star team. Well deserved.

That's about the only thing exciting about tonight's game. It looks like TB just laid down and gave up after the Lowell HR in the 2nd.
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    looks like we scored some freakin runs

<< <i>Lugo-mania is gripping the nation... >>

I am happy about the win, but you know what happens sometimes after you explode for all that offense you tend to cool off a bit, we face Detroit now and we might need a few of those runs... hopefully we can keep it up till the break.
    Heres to you Okajima! imageimage
    The two best teams in baseball square off tonight, could this be an AL Championship Series preview?

<< <i>The two best teams in baseball square off tonight, could this be an AL Championship Series preview? >>

I think it very well could be a post-season preview. It's amazing to me that Detroit's record isn't better than it is with the bats and the arms they've got.

Guys that scare me in this series are: Ordonez, Bonderman, Guillen, and Sheffield (in that order).

Another strange lineup today: No Papi and No Youk (again). Also, Lowell's hitting 3rd, and Jeff Bailey (?) is playing 1st? Why Jeff Bailey? I'd rather they kept Ellsbury up and let him play OF (instead of Pena) and have Hinske at 1st again.
    I dont like this lineup either, although if Lowell continues to have a hot bat I dont mind him riding it out in the third spot.
    Being a west coast guy, I don't hear too much about the guys in Pawtucket unless they're future stars so I had to look up Bailey's bio on the Globe.com. For those of you who don't know Bailey either, here's what the web site said:

"For those of you who don't know the backstory to Jeff Bailey, set to make his major league debut tonight, here's a brief version of his history...

He is batting .250 with nine home runs and 40 RBI with Pawtucket. But, and this is more important this season, he is batting .301 against lefties this season.

Bailey is a former catcher, who had surgery on his shoulder to repair a frayed labrum in 1998 while with the Marlins. Long after that, in 2005, Bailey developed a block that wouldn't allow him to throw the ball back to the pitcher. It appears to be mental, since his shoulder is reportedly fully healed. Because of the block, Bailey switched to first base/designated hitter. He has power from the right side and Terry Francona has praised his hitting for a couple of years."

Interesting about Bailey, I dont pay too much attention to our farm guys I have heard his name but thats about it. Well he will get his chance to make an impression tonight!
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    runs please image

<< <i>runs please image >>

look like we will need lots with Tavarez servin' em up.
    I hope we didnt use 'em all up last night....
    at least I can catch a movie now...image
    Fugly game. Maybe the Red Sox will score 20 like the Twins! Nah . . . . . .

And what is up with Bartolo Colon --- he totally SUCKS now!!!
    The best thing I can say about tonight's game is that Coco continues to impress with the glove.

Terry's lineup? Not so impressive. Miller's no slouch though.
    Ugly game last night, lets regroup today! I wonder what kind of funky lineup will be inserted today?

<< <i>Ugly game last night, lets regroup today! I wonder what kind of funky lineup will be inserted today? >>

Well, Ortiz is back in, but Youk remains out, Hinske is at first, and Cora at SS.

So, no Lugo-mania tonight...

It seems like the Sox aren't really going too hard into this series, preferring to rest up for the second half. Youk doesn't seem likely to play at all, and I'm surprised Ortiz is playing, considering he has been mentioning this quad injury as of late. I figured Francona would rest him too. Plus, we had Tavarez last night, and Gabbard tonight, so we aren't scaring anyone with starting pitching. And Manny - could you hit a freaking HR once in a while? My fantasy team needs it. Thank you.
    Manny's not scaring anyone these days . . . 3 intentional walks for Ortiz so far tonight? Makes me wonder what would happen with Manny in the #3 hole and Ortiz hitting cleanup?

<< <i>Manny's not scaring anyone these days . . . 3 intentional walks for Ortiz so far tonight? Makes me wonder what would happen with Manny in the #3 hole and Ortiz hitting cleanup? >>

makes me think he could be trade bait (yeah, I know) along with Wily Mo come the end of the month.
    Well - I thought Timlin would blow it, never thought Papelbon would. The Tigers are good, no doubt about it, but we have to be able to score more runs than this.
    I had the game lost when Manny swings at the FIRST pitch for that double play, I was FREAKIN'STEAMIN! Then when we survived the OKJ scare I got my hopes up again... Then I had the game lost again when Timlin stepped in. Bottom line we cant hang around and do nothing against a team like the Tigers. Good for Detroit they played better, I just hope we can get our heads out of our A$$ after the break.....

#!%&* JOKE!!!!!