Home Sports Talk

2007 RED SOX CHAMPIONSHIP RUN

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't like only have a single digit lead. It feels like we're one slump away from letting the Yankees back into this thing.

While the Royals have been playing really well lately, I don't think we should be happy with anything less than a sweep and I think we should probably take 3 of 4 from the White Sox following that. >>

Definately!
    LETS GO GABBARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And while were at it...

LETS SCORE SOME GODAM FREAKIN' RUNS ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    Exactly. I think that perhaps we have not been diligent enough with our chant so I'm going to echo you, Perkdog.

Let's score some FREAKIN' runs dang nabit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Score some freakin runs, dammit!! Double digits this time!! Leave no doubt!!
    I'm getting mad! Two full innings and not a single run yet??? No bueno. Let's score already!

BTW, isn't it great when the two teams below us are playing each other? Let's hope they beat each other up pretty good . . . lots of relief appearances, maybe a dozen extra innings . . . get those arms good and tired.
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,488 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's official...Lugo belongs in the Renteria Club image
    How about little Dusty P though? He's a gamer!

<< <i>How about little Dusty P though? He's a gamer! >>

He is so scrappy! I love that kid!
    MANNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I absolutely get such a kick out of that split second pause he makes after connecting on a hit!
    WHO WAS THAT GUY ON THE MOUND FOR US TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gabba Gabba Hey!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>MANNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I absolutely get such a kick out of that split second pause he makes after connecting on a hit! >>

Terry said in the post game that "it isn't a big deal since when Manny gets ahold of one....the WHOLE STADIUM knows it's gone" image
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>WHO WAS THAT GUY ON THE MOUND FOR US TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    image >>

Quite a performance. I hope he keeps it up and becomes the #5 starter when Schill comes back.

<< <i>

<< <i>WHO WAS THAT GUY ON THE MOUND FOR US TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    image >>

Quite a performance. I hope he keeps it up and becomes the #5 starter when Schill comes back. >>

those TWO optimistic thoughts crossed my mind too. I thought I was a Sox fan, but this optimism stuff is spooky
    I will remain "cautiously optimistic" until we build our lead to 15+ games.
    Yesterday's game was great . . . Gabbard was awesome and it was nice to see the 2, 3, and 4 hitters go yard . . . but how about we score even more than 4 runs today? Come on now Sox fans, let's get this chant started!!!!

LET'S SCORE SOME FREAKIN' RUNS!!!!!!!
    Oh yeah, and go Blue Jays!
    Sorry fellas, a little late but....

LETS SCORE SOME FREAKIN' RUNS TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( image Im going to start to shake it up a bit )
    Okay, this is not going well so far.

Where is Barndog, Connecticoin, BoSox1976, RipublicanMiss, and CTSoxfan? We need some more chanting!
    Remy cracks me up.
  • rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i hope dike-k turns out good for em- i bought 50 topps team sets at wal-mart-sent in all the dice k's- i got one psa 10-that stupid black border and the fact that they are packaged horrible-psa 10 in this bos1 2007 will be great one of these days,sold the other 49 psa 9's to get my $ back, the psa 10 was worth it,just wish they had given me more, but with the way they are packaged you can see why there arent many 10's thats for sure-2-3 inches of slack for all the cards to get beat to death in!! 1 out of 50 aint bad-NOT lmao!
    Randy
    rubesmilitariaandsportcards.com
    LETS GO RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GO RED SOX!!!!!!!!! LETS GO RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LETS FREAKIN' GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! image

LETS GO RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GO RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GO RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<< <i>LETS GO RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GO RED SOX!!!!!!!!! LETS GO RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LETS FREAKIN' GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! image

LETS GO RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GO RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GO RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >>

(Just trying to make up for some of the regulars who are not on)
    I am reminded of the second half of 2006, unfortunately.

Luckily for me, I will be taking a fishing trip for a week quite soon...no cell phone, no newspaper, no television, no deja vu
    Wake should ashamed of himself for getting smashed by the freakin' Royals.

<< <i>Wake should ashamed of himself for getting smashed by the freakin' Royals. >>

the other 24 guys should have more shame for their consistent inability to score runs
    Mike Lowell and Julio Lugo both had good games. Everybody else was mediocre or worst. Most of my ire is currently being directed towards Drew because he seems to sniff out rallies and then blow them out.

I'd also be happy if I never saw another Wily Mo Pena AB in a Red Sox uniform.

Anyway 3.5 runs/game against the Royals is embarrassing.
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baaaaaaaaaaaah. That blew.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
    Speaking of blowing, have you guys seen the highlights of Accardo balking in the tying run against the Yankees? The lead is down to 8.0 . . . a few more days like today and I'm going to have to start drinking again. Okay, I never stopped drinking, but I'm certainly going to have to change the reason I'm drinking!
  • 7 in the all important Loss column and the Yankees have one win pending (hopefully) in the game that was suspended in the 8th inning against the Orioles which will be resumed in the future with the Yankees winning by 2 runs.

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    Sox are playing .500 ball right now, and the Yankees are doing better than that, and there are many games left.

Meanwhile, the AL central teams will spend the rest of the season sharpening their swords against each other, and probably take out the AL east winner in the first round.

When does the football season start again? Pats lookin' good!

Capecards
    Maybe Tavares can handle the mighty Royals? The same story keeps repeating itself over and over again, we get into this funk and forget how to score runs... The Yanks get hot and we just simply cannot close the book on them. We keep playing with fire and its only a matter of time before we get burnt.
  • ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    That game was tough to watch yesterday. I mean, The Royals? I might need to start drinking again too.

Tavarez better bring it tonight.

<< <i>Okay, this is not going well so far.

Where is Barndog, Connecticoin, BoSox1976, RipublicanMiss, and CTSoxfan? We need some more chanting! >>

Sprry, i was on the plane now in LAS VEGAS! Saw the bad news the Am on sportscenter. For tonight "LETS SCORe SOME FREAKIN RUNS"
    I'd also be happy if I never saw another Wily Mo Pena AB in a Red Sox uniform.

I would rather watch Wily than Drew!
    Vegas huh Ted! SWEEEET! Have FUN.. Remember what happens in Vegas STAYS in VEGAS!! image

LETS GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ENOUGH OF THIS BULL $HIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<< <i>I'd also be happy if I never saw another Wily Mo Pena AB in a Red Sox uniform.

I would rather watch Wily than Drew! >>

Agreed, but I'd rathe watch Ellsbury than Drew or Pena.

I'm tempted to Paypal you $20 to put on the Royals tonight just because I'm feeling bitter and unconfident about the Sox sucking lately.
    L-E-T-S G-O LET'S GO, LET'S GO!

Wow, I felt lame just typing that. I better not stray from the tried and true.

LET'S SCORING SOME FREAKIN RUNS IDIOTS! (and I mean that in the nicest 2004 all over again way possible)

<< <i>.

LET'S SCORING SOME FREAKIN RUNS IDIOTS! (and I mean that in the nicest 2004 all over again way possible) >>

Like the BUMS from flatbush!
    LETS F-IN GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This inning does not bode well for the rest of the game.

Edited to say: Tavarez looks like he's not going to get very deep into this game.
    Nice hussle from Manny on that hit in the bottom of the 4th . . . it's good to see him run through 1st base on those line drives to left field. LOL. I just hope we get to see another pop fly catch followed by an unnecessary jump into the wall.
    Lugo! Lugo! Lugo!

Oh no, Drew is up with runners on.
    RALLY CAP ON BACKWARDS RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LETS F-IN GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am so F-in Steaming right now! image
  • softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Paul, what up with not being able to squeak one out vs KC of all teams AT HOME imageimage

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    Travis
  • DarinDarin Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyway 3.5 runs/game against the Royals is embarrassing.

Don't be emabarassed. The Royals have the best era in baseball for the last month. And we're 30-27 the last 57 games.
    OK OK... We need to make a MAJOR move right now, looking at our bench options just makes me ill, enough with Drew leading off too.
    That's a good point, but Boston is supposed to be an offensive juggernaut and they've been playing anything but juggernautish. I'm pretty sure that's not a word, but you know what I mean.

I like this Red Sox team (with a few noted exceptions), but I think the team as a whole is lacking some of that magic that separates the good teams from the great teams.