Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

***1978 Topps case Break***Post'em if You Got'em!!***

Comments

• Options
    If we are voteing im for the bbce for my 2 lots! I do appreciate all the work being done to get this going thanks guys! Jeff
    Always Buying & Collecting 1957 Topps Baseball 1914 cj,s 1978 bb and any Hof bb
  • Options
    mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    My 4 lots all vote BBCE - Nothing personal but it is only going to put them in my hands quicker.

Dave
    1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
    Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    I want my box shipped directly from BBCE as well, no need for the middleman.

Gary, avoid the work, and lets take BBCE up on their offer! Win Win all around!!!
  • Options

<< <i>I would feel a lot better of having BBCE break the case and ship so the cards don't have to be shipped twice esecially in light of the recent problems with cards being damaged in shipping. We would get them faster also.

Plus Gary this will save you a lot of time. Shipping all these will be a bit@h. I would be happy to get adresses to Steve for you if you like. >>

Bunker, this sounds like the way to do it. Let's get the direct ship!
  • Options
  • Options

I'm confused. When Steve made his post last week about direct ship, there were guys that immediately spoke up for direct ship (including me) yet you never even considered it. Steve's post made it sound easy, so I'm curious about the difficulties this time.

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>Hello!

If everyone out there wants to save some time, we can ship out all the 78 Topps baseball wax packs/boxes directly from here. We have all the shipping supplies and it would save a step in the time process. Just let me know what everyone wants to have done.

Thanks!! Steve >>

Steve's exact post - doesn't sound like he is being hassled here. In fact, it was a nice gesture by him, and the perfect way to handle such a large shipping project, especially when Steve does this sort of thing all the time.
  • Options
  • Options
    Hello!
    OK, the offer still stands. I still have the case here as it didn't go out Friday. We drove across the state and bought a set run of Topps sets 1953-1975. Therefore, we didn't get to ship it out on Friday. I was planning on second day shipping it today anyway. Therefore, if you guys come up with the exact plan, I can still hold off on shipping out the whole case until the plans are final.

Keep me informed!

Thanks! Steve
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Steve is a top notch guy in my book image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Thanks Steve I'll leave it up to the guys here. So heres what we got steve can still ship to everyone. I porbably wont have time to filter through and get all the addresses ,lots ,figure shipping $ to send to steve, and ect ready for steve till wednesday. Im out of town till wednesday and it will take a few ours to get all that info together or he can 2 day the case out today and I can split it video it whatever. . I dont really care anymore Im a little tired from all the rips this month you guys decide and i'll do the work either way.image
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    if we are doing a poll, i'll chalk one up for mailing from BBCE to have one less set of shipping hands to go thru. is there anything i can do to help (ie. generate mailing lists, etc...)? looks like roughly 23 separate mailing addresses from the list of bidders?

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    I would also vote for steve to ship em Just to save the step.. I live in chicago if i can do anything!!
  • Options
    Steve,
    I'm on record that I would like a direct ship. Sounds like we have some guys in your area that can participate in the case breaking.

Gary,
    Seems like this would work the best for all.
  • Options
    For all to know i am available anytime today to go watch Steve break the case or help ship it out or whatever i can do. I dont know exactly where is location is but it cant be to far from me Jeff
  • Options
    ok i'll get everything steve needs and have him shipimage
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    Gary I will be happy to assist you. If there is anything I can do let me know. You stated that you were going out of town so if it helps I can send the address info for you.

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A direct ship from Steve just makes logical sense. A video of the break would be nice but I just want my box to travel less then it has to image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    I don't care who ships it just make sure my GEM MINT!!! Ryan arrives the way it leaves.image
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    Seems like a direct ship from Steve seems best for reasons others here have mentioned.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    Steve will be shipping to us direct. image 80'sjunkie is getting the addresses together to forward to him.

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also vote for direct ship from Steve as well!

I just think that is the best, quickest, and most efficient way of doing it, and it'll eliminate the possibility of any damaged boxes through the mail that extra trip.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Im not involved in the rip, but I cant wait till you guys get your cards!

I have a feeling we are going to see some nice cards this time around. I can feel it! image
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Im not involved in the rip, but I cant wait till you guys get your cards!

I have a feeling we are going to see some nice cards this time around. I can feel it! image >>

DITO!!! This will be the rip of the year!!
  • Options
    Looking forward to seeing how this turns out! image
    Orioles cards from 1960 to today.

Be good my brothers.
  • Options
    This is going to turn out to be a nice early bday present for me!image
  • Options
    Hello!
    OK, we received the payment for the shipping fees and all the address labels. We will crack the case at 9:00 AM tomorrow morning(in case anyone wants to come by and see it). We will then ship them all out FEDEX ground insured tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks!! Steve
  • Options
    Is anyone going?? I am considering its only 35 miles from home so if i do ill get some shots!
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is anyone going?? I am considering its only 35 miles from home so if i do ill get some shots! >>

DO IT !

I know zef is close too. I wish I was near you guys!

Dan

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    I hope someone is able to make it. It would be cool to see some pics.

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Is anyone going?? I am considering its only 35 miles from home so if i do ill get some shots! >>

TAKE VIDEO! This would be a great YouTube upload!!

• Options
    someone should go.

this 9k case rip along with the past rips (ie. 25k 75t mini) coupled with the $2M+ wagner card just selling...could make some headlines...especially if someone videos it and puts it on youtube.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    I'm not sure my girlfriend that works in the non profit industry would understand $9K to open up a box of baseball cards.

So make sure the video is password protected image
  • Options
    MrGMrG Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    Steve,

This may be a dumb question, but I thought I would ask for clarification.

Since the case break was sold in 9-pack lots, for those that purchased 4,8, or 12 lots, should we expect to get an undisturbed case fresh box or boxes, or will 9-pack lots be broken out of each box from the entire case, and then re-assembled into 4-lot boxes (36 packs) for those who purchased multiple 9-pack lots?

Thanks,
    Michael
    Michael Gaytan (MrG)
    TGF Collection
    TGF Sports
  • Options
    mrg You should be getting 2 undisturbed boxes. When I sent steve the adresses if you bought 4 lots I just marked you down as a full box.
    and since 12 peeople bought full boxes thats what you should recieve.image
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Ok, Is it time to start planning the next break ??

• Options
    tb,
    these breaks are great but i'm draining my funds on them..LOL.

my wife is going to kill me when she sees the 78t box arrive. image

i may be a voyeur on the next bust. no pun intended.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Maybe we should buy a cheap case or cases a'la 87 Topps,84 topps or something along those lines.
    Still be able to rip at low prices.

• Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    having participated in '75 mini bust, i can't wait to see the scans!

psa 10 murrays for EVERYONE!!!!

ALL YOU CAN EAT BABY.

julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    how about an 80's topps rip..

the case goes for 5,000 on steve's site..
    and maybe he can give us a discount..

i think it comes out to $250 a box at that price...

i would take one box possibly two...
  • Options
    dangit....i want an 80s box as well...geez.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options

<< <i>how about an 80's topps rip..

i would take one box possibly two... >>

I'd take a box at that price.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    < how about an 80's topps rip..

i would take one box possibly two... >>

I'd take a box at that price.

Ditto here!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    I go in for a box!!!
  • Options
    Sorry for the tease guys i was going to go film the break but i work in the stock market and after today im not goin anywhere Jeff
  • Options
    To give you an idea of what you may have in store, I just ripped a '78 box that I just got today (THIS one was actually unsearched!! **whew**) and I got TWO Mickey Klutts (lol) rookies (both off center top/bottom though), TWO Ryans (one #400 off center left/right, one #206 perfect), TWO Roses (one #20 CENTERED, one #5 CENTERED), TWO Dawsons (one CENTERED, one a little off), one Bench (CENTERED), and one Reggie #200 (off center left/right).

The best part was ALL, and I mean ALL cards have very sharp corners!! I can't wait to submit these!! I'll have scans tomorrow if you want to see them (it's bed time right now). I didn't want to hijack this thread, I just wanted to share this one and help pass the time until you guys get yours. I can't wait to see your rips!!!!
  • Options
    I should have got in on this. image
  • Options
    from my end, if the 78s go well, i would be willing to put together the 80s bust. looks like we have a slight interest that could yield 20 boxes. i'll talk to steve and see if we could ship direct from him like the 78s.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    I would be in on the 80s
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    I would take one box of 1980 Topps!