#41. walkerminus1
    #42. TheKidCollector1991
    #43. Ricke
    #44. Kevinstang
    #45. Marym
    #46. PurelyPSA
    #47. Bochiman
    #48. Smokinjoe925

Earl will announce the results at a later time.
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    I'll take 48
  • Options
    Lol, sorry Wazari.
  • Options
    Just missed the cutoff by seconds wazari777.

ROUND 4 IS NOW CLOSED!!!
    Sorry, but there are many targets left in the VTH.. Keep your eye out for future rounds opening.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Damn! So close yet so far. image
    Bob
  • Options
    ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    Excellent! Eagerly waiting to see the results! image
    Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>Are you kidding me? That was fast. >>

Kidding??? Getting into the VTH around here is like waiting in line to get Superbowl tickets!!
  • Options
    OmegaOmega Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭
    What??? I missed one??? That pesky job getting in the way again!!!!!image
  • Options

<< <i>What??? I missed one??? That pesky job getting in the way again!!!!!image >>

It didn't get in my way image
  • Options
    Normally I would have been at work during the time this round was played, , but today I was home due to a famliy situation. Sometimes you just get lucky image
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    Good Luck with your digs. I can't wait to see the results...when I get home from work!image
  • Options
    Lol, I just happened to get on the comp. at school durring studyhall lol, now thats what I call luck lol.

Joe
  • Options
    You guys ready and awake????

GOOD MORNING!!!!!!
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options

<< <i>You guys ready and awake???? GOOD MORNING!!!!!! >>

Good Morning Sir.

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    Morning....guess you and I are the only ones awake here.......

This round is HOT!!!!!
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

• Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭
    Does this mean round 4 is open, if so put me down.
  • Options
    Um.....you are already in round 4...

I am getting ready to post the digs but wanted to see if anyone was awake yet.

• Options
    ROUND 4

Digger: eyoung429

Date dug: Tuesday Jan, 23

Site : Burned down semi-mansion 101yrs old. Hit an area that looks like it had a wood structure

Detector(s): Coinstrike

Ok, sorry for the lack of pictures but the average temp has been 18-23 degrees and my camera was giving me fits.

Started in the area aproximately 150 yards South East of the front of the house. There was a small 25x60ft building that used to be there....only thing left on the surface was some lumber from the flooring.

Started swinging the coil and was immediately rewarded with a clump of rusted metal....tossed into the back of the truck. After collecting about 4lbs of nails and several pieces of tin roofing, I decided to move to the back area of the foundation.

Detector went off and approx 2 in under the dirt I found:

Target # 37 -DesertRat- Nice 1921 wheat cent...but...still picking up a tone so I opened the hole a little and found a 1929 D wheat cent!!

Nice so far... still picking up nails and tin cans with no labels...talking about BIG tin cans with nice ragged openings.

about 15ft further I hit a nice tone.....

Target # 38 -Riccar- First silver of the dig !!!!! 1934 Washington Silver Quarter......nice rims on obv but I nicked the back image

Glad to have the sun out....it's a bit muddy but tolerable ...

Won't bore you with the amount of junk through here....

Target # 39 -dan8402- more copper - 1900 Indian head cent! Cleaned up pretty decently....

Target # 40 -laserart- 1905 Indian head cent and 1937 S Merc Dime!!!!!

On the way back to the truck carrying a bundle of barbed wire that I dug up....I started swinging a bit around the truck and hit a nice ringing tone:

Target # 41 -walkerminus1- 1968 D Kennedy half that was barely 1 or 2 inches down --- had I not nicked the rim this one was SWEET....

Target # 42 -TheKidCollector1991- 1974 D memorial cent

Target # 43 -Ricke- 1948 D Roosie !!!

Target # 44 -Kevinstang- 1964 nickel

Went back out to the foundation on the eastern side and started pulling up some very strong signals..... turns out to be a trash dump....bunch of metal bits pieces of fence .. decided to move away and try the back area again. Hit a very weak signal and started digging...after my 3rd piece of metal I was still getting a signal from the area...at this point it was like trying to break bricks about 4 in down....signal got very strong....BTW....I am now using a body hammer that has a pick on the end....I do not recommend using this tool for MD'ing

I can't believe my eyes!!!!!!!

Target # 45 -Marym- MY FIRST MORGAN DOLLAR!!!!! 1890 O !!!!!!! Looks like crap but it's all good!!!!!!

wandered over to the back area of the truck and found my next 2 targets on the road/path.

Target # 46 -PurelyPSA- within 1 ft area 1974 D nickel and 1964 D memorial cent

Target # 47 -Bochiman- near the edge of the road/path about 3in down a nicely worn but full rim 1911 Barber dime!!

Target # 48 -Smokinjoe925- 1924 Wheat Cent!!!

I won't be using this site for round 10....I will be using the other property. I think that we will have to have a gathering out here!!!!!!!!!

Will post coins around lunchtime!!!!!!

*edited for speling erorrrs....

• Options
    Wow, nice scores. Now I have 13 cents, I feel rich.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet! A barber dime! Way to go, Earl!

Nice finds all around as well!

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Awesome finds!!

Not too many Morgans pop up these days!
  • Options
    Ok.....LM picked his number and I am waiting to see it posted. Make sure that I get the shipping address from the winning forum member.

• Options
    Very nice finds there Earl. Congratulations on your first Morgan. You done good for the folks.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
  • Options
    Really great finds! I'm sad I missed out on the round...I had to work all day yesterday. image
    I lust for silver.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the number I picked yesterday, before all this opened, was... my current age!

So, how old am I?

(I'll leave you to scratch your heads over that while I go back to see what I picked for somebody, and who it was that has the virtual rights to that target...)

Hmm... we had to use the Alternate Digger when John's detector died... maybe we should have had an Alternate Photographer, too! image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Hmm 41?
    I lust for silver.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Are you calling him old?...he is 39 image
  • Options
    Am am 41 years old, at least until December.

It looks like the number I picked yesterday just won Walkerminus1 a 40% silver Kennedy half! Excellent! I was worried I'd be winning somebody a lawnmowerized clad dime or something.

Round 4 is now complete.

Earl, pleeeeease try to get a camera working by Round 10... without at least a few pictures, much of the "virtual" flavor is lost. Besides, I wanna SEE you diggin' up Morgan dollars and Barber dimes and early Washingtons and Indian cents and such!

Not being able to see this mindblowing array of coinage come up outta the dirt is kind of a tease.

Edit- he PMed me to say he'll be adding pics later, at least of the target lineup and one of the site! Can't wait to see them.

Congratulations, Earl! image

...and marym, too, because it is entirely possible a silver dollar edges out my paratrooper badge as the best target so far. Sorry, SilverDreams- you had a while in the lead, there, but I think even a nasty silver dollar is waaay high on the Cool-O-Meter. I get a reading of over 200 Megafonzies on that one. image

But the game is young, and of course the winning target will be decided by all seven Diggers together (somehow- that should be interesting- with four it was relatively easy in VTH2). So much fun still awaits!

Get ready, y'all... it's almost time to go international, and head overseas!

imageimageimageimageimage

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silver dollars are everywhere....I think barber coinage is cool image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    LM, do I win anything for guessing your correct age? image
    I lust for silver.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
  • Options
    Good grief! Every digger has been silvered until now, and Earl got multiple ones - including a BIG one!! image
    WTG! You sure will be a hard act to follow...

Round 5 is NOT open, yet. image
    You won't need to wait for too long, but I wouldn't recommend starting to hammer the refresh button just yet.
  • Options
  • Options
    The reason I am not going to that site again is I have already done another dig and will be posting those findings for the end of the month....no gold but let's just say that I have found a decent amount of silver....other than round 4....image

• Options
    So are you using those findings for the VTH?? In another round? image

P.S. Nice job on round 4. Thanks.

joe
  • Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    Nice digs Earlimageimage
    50% silverimage I wanna hunt where you hunt.
  • Options
    I will try and setup a get together if any one is in Denver, Colorado. Since I own the property....we can do it at any time.

• Options

<< <i>I will try and setup a get together if any one is in Denver, Colorado. Since I own the property....we can do it at any time. >>

In the words of my 15-yr old son. Awwww Dooood!! You are like, sooo lucky!!!

• Options
  • Options
    OH. MY. GAWD!!!! Earl, you absolutely ROCK!!! I cannot imagine how any other dig is going to equal this one. You've certainly earned the "YOU SUCK!" award for January!!!
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    Excellent work E !
    You are the man!
    Congrats on a stellar round!

<< <i>but I think even a nasty silver dollar is waaay high on the Cool-O-Meter. I get a reading of over 200 Megafonzies on that one. >>

imageimage
  • Options
    Zot's right... that is gonna be a REALLY hard act to follow.

But regardless of what is found, I am looking forward to our first Finland and New England rounds.

And remember, everyone... each digger still has another round left after that! So even the heavy-hitters get another round at bat.

There's a fair chance that Earl might've just won Mary a piece of Spanish gold, but even so, it ain't over yet, and there are still the second prizes that will be awarded for each Designated Digger's personal best. (So even if the paratroop badge ain't gonna win you some gold, SilverDreams, if I strike out in R7, you've still got some fossils and a nice silver coin...)

But the game is still young. We're only 1/3 through, now.

• Options
    There's a fair chance that Earl might've just won Mary a piece of Spanish gold, but even so, it ain't over yet.

I agree LordM, it's ain't over til the last swing, beep & dig is swung, beeped and dug. lol None the less, I'm thrilled with being targeted with such an outstanding piece!!
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    Here's something to ponder...

Check out Page 15 of this thread and look at how Mary must have been
    Seconds! before PurelyPSA!

Congrats Mary! (and EYoung too for digging that Morgan! image )
  • Options
    Yahoooooooo!!! Great round. You would have to pry my detector out of my hands if I found a silver dollar!! I still LOVE the parachutist's badge too. image
  • Options

<< <i>OH. MY. GAWD!!!! Earl, you absolutely ROCK!!! I cannot imagine how any other dig is going to equal this one. You've certainly earned the "YOU SUCK!" award for January!!! >>

Marym, you are obviously overlooking my 2 early Lincolns, image
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    Let's keep the well deserved vacuums coming for Earl! image

At the same time, I'll give out some pieces round 5:

target #49 (but #49 only) is open and goes to the first who wants it!
  • Options
    can i get in