Home Metal Detecting
Options

~~~~~ VIRTUAL TREASURE HUNT III (Game Over! Prizes awarded!) ~~~~~

1232425262729»

Comments

• Options
    OmegaOmega Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭
    Maybe Lord Marcovan could call on his friend the chicken to break the voting deadlock!image
  • Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    Truth be told, Lord Minivan forgets pretty easily. Hey Rob, what's the hold up?
    Update the update, please.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    DesertRatDesertRat Posts: 1,791
    Rob's been out of town. I'd expect him to be taking care of bidness soon. image
  • Options
    You mean out on the town...with Marty's chicken...it's in all the tabloids...image
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,368 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a hunch my picture is gonna end up in The Numismatist, too. The Holey Coin Vest tends to make folks wanna snap pictures, if only so they can later say, "Hey, look at this whacko I saw at the show!"

I think we still have a deadlock on the voting for the prize. I gotta review my last PM from goldrush. I'm still not officially "back" to the forum yet (back in town, but stuck at work), so this is just a quick hit-n-run.

Still, we will try to get somebody a piece of Spanish gold, soon.

And I gotta order the hori-hori knife for whoever it was that got CoC's second prize. (Jerry paid me to take care of that when the time comes, and I will.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    marymmarym Posts: 713
    Can hear the pin drop image
    Be Still and Know
  • Options

<< <i>Can hear the pin drop image >>

• Options
    Unfortunately we are still "Splitsville" image

Ideas for tie breakers??
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Spiffy469Spiffy469 Posts: 661 ✭✭
    one more virtual round with the tied people, winner takes it

just a thought

jeff
    I collect bits and pieces of everything
    or should I say I ACCUMULATE!
    I also dabble with the darkside image

Ive recently gotten more into currency, especially modern star notes
  • Options
    Virtual Rock, Paper, Scissors!image
  • Options
    put the two up for a forum poll
  • Options
    marymmarym Posts: 713
    Decisions, decisions. If the objects are truly that close in value & appeal, flipping a coin is always an option. Unless there's more than two... Than I don't know what you're going to do!
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    Rock, Paper, Scissors can be done with multiple players. They could PM their choice to LM. Keep going till there is only one left to "walk the plank".
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many ties? 2-way? 3-way?

Random numbers for those in the tie, someone does a dig and assign the numbers for the tie-breaker. See what comes up there.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Well, I was not here for the last VTH so I dont know if 64 days and 1414 posts are common lol. Nice

Joe
  • Options
  • Options
    I can settle it pretty simple. Make a post to this thread with a list of the items and the virtual diggers in question for the prize. Then open it up for discussion on what people think and then declare me the winner. Sound good?

Ok, so my actual suggestion is this. Have each digger that has an item being considered put up one of their other finds from VTHIII, their second best item, and vote on that one. Whichever digger has the coolest second find awards the prize to his coolest find virtual digger.

Or, you could do the same thing but have the virtual diggers that are tied for the prize pick what they believe to be their second best virtual find.

Make sense? It does in my head, but that sometimes doesn't mean much.

Rob

Edited for clarification...like that helped.
    4/92
    4/123
    -----------
    Invested $216.76
    Return on Investment $0.68
    Found but keeping $.15
  • Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    Why is it so difficult to declare a winner?
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options

<< <i>Why is it so difficult to declare a winner? >>

We have a winner!
    Finally! image
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Hey, we had a deadlock there, and many of us had wandered off to our real lives and I had a coin show in Charlotte. Sorry it took so long.

The decision is made, and goldrush will be announcing it in a separate thread, any minute now, so stand by!

Let's also applaud VTH3, which is bound to go down in history as the biggest thread ever on the MD forum. It is likely to retain that title, since when VTH4 rolls around, it will be broken up into separate threads for each round, with one master thread to link them all up. It will likely never get as long as this one did. By posting the rounds in their own threads in future VTH hunts, it will be easier to separate them and review the action. This thing got almost too big to manage.

It was fun, though. I am glad our VTH hunts are so fun, but frankly, doing them more than once or twice a year would be exhausting.

Maybe, just maybe, we'll do VTH4 in the fall, around late September. If not, it could happen in 2008. But we'll see.

I am fairly confident there WILL be a VTH4.

In the meantime, let's see who walked away with some VTH3 loot, eh?

Stay tuned to the forum. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Drumroll here too.........
    gotta make this a bit longer if it is going down in history!
  • Options
    still drumming......
  • Options
    ...rat.a.tat.tat.....
  • Options
    John is taking longer to type than I expected. image

Don't worry- even if he flees in terror from his duties as MC, I will step in and announce it by tonight. image

• Options
    ...a.tat.tat....
    just want to be the final entry!
  • Options
    Then you'll have to post once more, 'cause I need to link to the prize thread, for posterity.

• Options
    Well, o.k., but some people may think I am trying to pad the thread count!imageimage
  • Options
    Oh, go ahead. 1428 isn't a nice round number, anyway. Nobody's lookin'- they'll all be gawkin' at the prize thread. image

• Options
    You make an excellent point....
  • Options
    1430 sounds much better!image