Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Official Football HOF Rookies Thread**********************************************

Comments

• Options
    Any thoughts on why Randy Cross does not get more consideration? If memory serves, he made the Pro Bowl throughout the early to mid 80s at both center and guard as the Niners were winning their rings. I would think he'd get more consideration.

Jasen
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Anyone notice some of the surprising first time nominee guys? It's almost as if the HOF was looking at the All-Time Team sets on the PSA registry..lol >>

One of the names certainly sticks out at me. Can you guess which one? LOL. He's currently tied with Alworth (and I think Andre Johnson now too) for the most consecutive games with 130 or more yards receiving. >>

One Harold Jackson...
  • Options
    JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Anyone notice some of the surprising first time nominee guys? It's almost as if the HOF was looking at the All-Time Team sets on the PSA registry..lol >>

One of the names certainly sticks out at me. Can you guess which one? LOL. He's currently tied with Alworth (and I think Andre Johnson now too) for the most consecutive games with 130 or more yards receiving. >>

Who's got the most at 135??lol

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    Hey, guys. I know I have been pretty slack about posting here for the last month or so. With 3 kids and wife in law school, I barely have time to take a dump. Here is my current top 10 wanted cards for the set:

33 Grange 5
    52 Gifford (large) 7
    52 Stydahar (large) 7
    54 Atkins 7
    54 Blanda 7
    61 Maynard 8
    63 Wood 8
    64 Mackey 8
    73 Dierdorf 9
    73 Youngblood 9

Let me know if any of you can help. Thanks and GO CARDS!!!

Jasen
  • Options
    Jasen,

I have these available:

1961 Fleer Don Maynard RC PSA 9 $325 delv

1963 Topps Willie Wood RC PSA 8 $85 delv.

1973 Topps Jack Youngblood RC PSA 9 $85 delv.

Hope everyone is doing great!!

Best Regards to all,

Gabbs
  • Options
    Doc1962Doc1962 Posts: 203 ✭✭
    Football Trivia:

Who is the only professional football player to have never played a down in the NFL yet was inducted in to the NFL Hall of Fame?
  • Options
    I'm going to guess Bert Bell?
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭✭
    if it is not RUDY......

Then how about a guy who played before the nfl in a strict sense didn't exist.
    Jim Thorpe
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    OK
    trivia is good.

#1) Who is the only person to be in 2 professional hall of fame's???? yes one is FB

#2) This man is in the FB HOF but also played on another professional sports team (different sport) and won 2 championships there???
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
  • Options
    Cal Hubbard is in the baseball and football Hall of Fame

Bud Grant played for the Lakers in the 50's and won 2 championships

What is the answer to the pro football player-HOF'er who never played in the NFL??

Here is a interesting question,

Roman Gabriel was a good QB in the NFL for years. Who did he complete his last career pass to??

This player only caught 1 pass in his entire career.

Gabbs
  • Options
    Good guess, I would have never gotten this either:

Billy Shaw. He played his whole career in the AFL before it was merged with the NFL.
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭✭
    I think Ernie Nevers is in 2 Hall of Fames.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    Heres another interesting tidbit....

What player in the 55 Topps AA set is in the Pro Basketball HOF?

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    1) Who is the only person to be in 2 professional hall of fame's???? yes one is FB

Cal Hubbard (He is also in the baseball HOF)

Don't know he answer to #2
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    Who caught Gabriel's last pass??
  • Options
    Gabriells last pass.....

I don' know her name but it was in a movie with john wayne (gabriell plays his son) and rock hudson.
    Pass was caught and run for a touchdown
    great movie The Undefeated
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
  • Options
    I guess we need to add this card to our HOF rookie set........................

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I guess we need to add this card to our HOF rookie set........................

image >>

I would be in agreement.
  • Options
    dave
    as I also do BB I would agree with that selection....lol
    Still need the card though. BTW he is not in the BB HOF s a player....an umpire

Gabbs knocked off my question..dying to know the answer to question #1

answer has to be a player who played before the nfl existed.
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
  • Options
    Going out on a limb here, but I would venture to guess that a card of a baseball umpire from a baseball set would not exactly fit into a Football Hall of Fame rookie set..lol

Just guessing though..The way the Registry crew has been handling things lately, who knows...

IMO, it would be the beginning of the end of this great set...Next we'd have the 1991 Enor cards and then all the CFL and Press Pass college cards..Burger King card of Emmitt, etc...

I'll never own a baseball card personally, and I know quite a few from the set feel the same way..That would disqualify many from ever completing it, which in turn wouldn;t make sense to continue collecting it on the Registry...

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    So if I understand you correctly Jason, you are saying that you don't want Hubbard in the set?

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options

<< <i>So if I understand you correctly Jason, you are saying that you don't want Hubbard in the set?

image >>

Yeah, I think it is safe to say my vote would be NO if that request was made...lol...You don't always get what you vote for in life though, and if a card like that were to be added, I would likely delete my set from the Registry and go back to collecting the old fashioned way~off my own spreadsheet...Would be pointless to continue with a set I could never complete...

If everyone else wants the baseball card added, by all means make the request to PSA...You could request a Batman card be added and they would probably send out a poll..Not much thought going into some of their decisions lately...And if the majority votes it in, well, much like the REAL election, such is life! And we can each deal with the results in our own way.

Jason
  • Options
    The subject of what cards and who should be included in this set has been a hotly debated topic even before this set went live back in 2003. Although I would support the Hubbard card being added, I would also vote for numerus other cards to be replaced. I realize that Hubbards card is a baseball issue, but I can't see much of a difference in including the 1955 Topps AA cards to the set.

For example, Hubbard played from 1927 to 1936. THis card was issued 28 years after his rookie season. Along the same lines, Fats Henry played form 1920 to 1928 and we have chosen to include his 55 topps AA card. So would Fats 1955 card not be considered a commerative card? It was issued 35 years after his first season.

Some of those issues I just don't get. Lets say topps put a set this year and included every HOF'er that is not included in our HOF set. Since Topps is a mainstream issue and the cards were issued in packs, Do we add these cards to our HOF set even though they are issued decades after the player played? I realize that the 55 AA set is a classic set and the cards are highly desirable, but where do we draw the line.

When I was collecting basketball HOF cards (before I started the Football HOF set) I tried to get every players first card ever issued, whether it be a regional issue, oddball, foreign card or whatever... Once I finish this HOF set, I plan on going back and trying to find some of these harder cards to find......Pre-Rookies if you will...

The other cards I would mind seeing changed include.....

Right now, there are many HOF football players that have cards issued years before the card we have included in our set

Some examples
    1926 Spalding Benny Friedman/Ernie Nevers
    1938 Dixie Lid Sammy Baugh
    1948 Kelloggs Pep Lou Groza
    1950 Topps Felt Stautner/Creekmur
    1959 Kahns Gene Hickerson
    1960 Kahns Willie Davis
    1961 Lake to Lake Packers (many cards including Nitschke)
    1962 Post (larry wilson, Jim Johnson, Bob Lilly)
    1981 Jugo Warren Moon.

And there are many others..........

Here is a link to some of the scans I've saved of some of these cards.....

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    The fact that it is a baseball card from a baseball set is my issue with the Hubbard...

No problem with those interested in collecting oddball cards. But if they were part of the HOF RC set, it NEVER would have grown to the collector size that it is. Part of our goal, or at least my goal, was to make a set that would be desirable for mainstream collectors, and completion reachable by anyone interested. I think including 55 Topps AA was an essential component to doing that because it is such a popular set.

You start adding cards that were regional, ultra rare issues in any grade, and you elimnate many from being able to complete it. Same as using a card individually numbered to say 100. Why would the 101st collector ever bother registering a set they had zero chance of completing.

Look back at HOF RC values before we started the set, and then look at them now. The fact that it became so popular is a testament to the fact that we all who were involved in its creation did a great job in deciding which cards to use and which not to use.

To give it a complete facelift at this point would ruin the set for me anyway, and I doubt many mainstream collectors would be interested in collecting a 1938 Dixie Lid Sammy Baugh not to mention a baseball card...

There is a pro Football Hall of Fame set which allows you to add ANY CARD of ANY MEMBER (Cal Hubbard included) of the Pro Football HOF. To me, that is where the oddball collectors can ply their craft.

Just my opinion of course, I'm only one vote.

Jason
  • Options
    Jason, I agree that we should not do a overhaul of the current set.

I may be in the minority, but I wouldnt mind building a set that would be "very tough" to complete. After all, I love the thrill of the hunt......

Anyway to answer my question above, Here is the basketball Hall of Famer in the 55 AA set.

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    I agree with Jason, when we start adding players especially cards from another sport where does it stop.
  • Options
    So, you are saying 1955 Bowman baseball is odd-ball?

What about the Sport Kings? Those are not truly football cards, you have baseball and boxing etc. If you don't let this card in you should take out Red Grange and Jim Thorpe. Now that would be a travesty.

I think we need to follow how this set was set up, by taking the best rookie card of each player. And this is truly the best "rookie" card of Cal Hubbard.

I say put it up to a vote.

Also, I would like to put it up to a vote to see if Jason would truly leave if this card was added. My vote is no

• Options

<< <i>So, you are saying 1955 Bowman baseball is odd-ball?

What about the Sport Kings? Those are not truly football cards, you have baseball and boxing etc. If you don't let this card in you should take out Red Grange and Jim Thorpe. Now that would be a travesty.

I think we need to follow how this set was set up, by taking the best rookie card of each player. And this is truly the best "rookie" card of Cal Hubbard.

I say put it up to a vote.

Also, I would like to put it up to a vote to see if Jason would truly leave if this card was added. My vote is no >>

It's not an odd-ball...ITS BASEBALL...If I wanted to collect Baseball HOFers I would be...lol

Make the request to PSA, put it to vote, its a free country.

If a baseball card gets added to the Football HOF RC set, I will no longer collect the set on the PSA Set Registry...GUARANTEED...It would be the beginning of the end...On the way out, I would request the 1991 Enor, the 1981 CFL Moon, etc. Figure if the collectors will vote one NON-football card in, they'll also vote in the oddballs....

The difference between the Sport Kings set and a 1955 Bowman baseball set is that the Grange and Thorpe are FOOTBALL CARDS in a multi-sport set...The Hubbard card is a baseball card from a baseball set featuring a baseball umpire...lolol

Jason
  • Options
    I guess the moral of the story is........Collect what you want and not what someone tells you to collect. Just because PSA tells me I cant use my SP authentic Peyton Manning Die-Cut in the futures set, doesn't mean I'm going to go sell it and by the Non die cut that is 4 times easier to find.....

Just my 2 cents.. Not that it means anything...

Dave

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options

<< <i>I guess the moral of the story is........Collect what you want and not what someone tells you to collect. Just because PSA tells me I cant use my SP authentic Peyton Manning Die-Cut in the futures set, doesn't mean I'm going to go sell it and by the Non die cut that is 4 times easier to find.....

Just my 2 cents.. Not that it means anything...

Dave >>

Exactly Dave, well stated.

The essence of the Registry is as a place in which you can look for a set of collectors who are collecting the same thing you are and compete with them as to who has the better set. When we (me and Dave) first found the Registry, the only Football Hall of Fame set was the set in which you could use any card of any member of the HOF. I had already been collecting the "BEST" rookie of each Hall of Fame Player for 4-5 years at that point...Creating this set was a way to focus my collecting and sharing my interests with other like minded collectors. I've never been big into the competition side of it, as I've helped NUMEROUS collectors of this set find cards that they needed, and NOT just cards I had for sale. Not to mention acting as a VCP before VCP...lol

Just as Dave said, and I am the same way. If the Registry doesn't provide an outlet for me to collect what I want to collect, then I wouldn't have a use for it. That doesn't mean I would stop collecting HOF RC's because I wouldn't. Just wouldn't waste time on Registry sets. I almost don't know to be honest. With the new Registry V2, I tend to use the "My Inventory" more than anything. Helps me keep accountability for what cards I need and what I already have even when I am away from home on business....

Jason
  • Options

<< <i>I agree with Jason, when we start adding players especially cards from another sport where does it stop. >>

I agree with Dan, who agrees with Jason

I dont want to collect a dixie cup lid Nagurski, i want to collect the 35 chicle.

Don hutson's rookie year certainly wasnt 1955, but the 55 topps AA is about as far back as they go so thats what i collect, because I like it.

If Topps came out with a HOF set in 2009, would I run out and accept the 2009 Paddy Driscoll or Danny Fortmann because thats the only card for them, hell no. I think some of it has to do with the allure of the 55 Topps AA set, it is a classic image

I think the HOF set is fine the way it is. Like Dave said, collect what you want, start your own set if you want, but dont F up what we have now, and have worked hard to complete

I would also stop collecting the HOF set if dixie lids and regional sets were put to a vote and accepted. Not a threat to take my ball and bat and go play somewhere else, just a preference of mine to collect what I want

word!

• Options

<< <i>

If a baseball card gets added to the Football HOF RC set, I will no longer collect the set on the PSA Set Registry...GUARANTEED...It would be the beginning of the end...On the way out, I would request the 1991 Enor, the 1981 CFL Moon, etc. Figure if the collectors will vote one NON-football card in, they'll also vote in the oddballs....

Jason >>

Why would you be spiteful if you got out?

Truly you have a passion for this sport and its collectibles. There are some fine lines that should never be crossed and others that can be ventured to. I believe if we want to continue to have the most sought after PSA Registry set we need to discuss all options. This is just the option de jur and it looks like we have some strong opposition. Some have asked about regional cards and they got shot down. I don't think too many people truly wanted them. Some others wanted to add ENOR cards, they got shot down. Now we are at this stage, while I am not going to request the card but I won't vote against it.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Jason >>

Why would you be spiteful if you got out?

Truly you have a passion for this sport and its collectibles. There are some fine lines that should never be crossed and others that can be ventured to. I believe if we want to continue to have the most sought after PSA Registry set we need to discuss all options. This is just the option de jur and it looks like we have some strong opposition. Some have asked about regional cards and they got shot down. I don't think too many people truly wanted them. Some others wanted to add ENOR cards, they got shot down. Now we are at this stage, while I am not going to request the card but I won't vote against it. >>

Simply in the sake of fairness to all..Most who would accept the baseball card into the set, would probably want the regional/oddballs in the set as well...Might as well give the masses what they want, no???

Hey, NOTHING gets added without a majority of the collectors voting for the addition or change..If you didn;t realize, things change at PSA on a daily basis. Standards of the Registry have changed over the years to. Just because I card was voted down in the past doesn;t mean it would be voted down today. The current standard seems to be, if you make a request, PSA sends out a poll..Like I said earlier, you could probably request a 1977 Star Wars card be added to the Football HOF RC set and they would send out a poll for it..At the same time, cards that used to be automatic and didn't require a vote (10,000 yard rushers for example) also now require an official PSA poll...

I know we are in a new "Change" society, but all change is not always for the good...Modifying the entire concept of a registry set that was built by the people and for the people might lead to the collapse of that set IMO...

Again, I'm not trying to tell anyone how to vote or anyone what to do. Anyone can request any set they want, any card they want at any time they want. PSA is going to put it to vote..If the card gets majority vote, it will get added/changed/deleted...but my take on it is, if something as left field as a BASEBALL card from a BASEBALL set of a BASEBALL umpire were ever added to the NFL HOF RC set, I would be so disappointed by the "ruining" of the set, I would choose to no longer collect it...

Pretty simple...Others were chiming in with opinions FOR the addition, my opinion was simply against the addition for all reasons I have stated.

Jason
  • Options
    Let me clear up any comment I may have made.
    Football sets are for football cards. Baseball for baseball.
    hence....I 100% do not support a baseball card of any issue of any player or year...inc in a fb set.

Also, although many players do not have cards from their playing years......lets keep the card chosen
    that will reasonably allow completion. No obscure regional issue ......do we need to consider Mcdonald cards and sunoco stickers???

Yes BK has cards for players that are years before an actual mainstream issune. Example is the 1951 berk ross.....and many RC'S are listed for 1957 Topps.

hockey has the same problem..........but they often allow either / or a carsd from the early century or a later issue.
    I can't stand it when they inc a postcard for a player.
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
  • Options
    Ok, now it's my turn to offer an opinion.

First, while change is not always a bad thing, I started collecting this set because it's footabll ONLY and I quite frankly don't like baseball. As a matter of fact I do not own any other sports cards, I collect only football. By adding the Hubbard Baseball card, it totally defeats the purpose of this set. I will not collect baseball cards....period.

Also, for those who would consider "odd-ball" football cards, here is a good example. I happen to own the complete 1961 Lake to Lake Packers set and I will tell you it's extremely difficult to get them all. There are true rookie cards of Willie Davis, Willie Wood and Ray Nitschke in this set. Now you would think since I already own them I would be in favor of adding them, right? No Way! It would simply make this HOF set impossible to complete, and hence, no one would want to collect it. Why? These three cards are truly rookie cards and were issued well before the "rookie" cards we all collect but the scarcity of these cards would discourage anyone from trying to complete this set.

Example: here are the TOTAL POPs for these three cards, Nitschke=10, Wood=9, Davis=7!!! See what I mean.

My vote would be to leave the set as it is and if anyone wants to collect those other cards, then great, good for you and go start a new set.

Doc
  • Options
    I own the only PSA 9 '81 Jogo Warren Moon...but I would not want to see it in the HOF rookies set. I understand all sides here as I love the pre-rookie cards as well. But production and availability have to factor into the decision.

Perhaps a weird idea, but I wouldn't mind seeing a set for oddball pre-rookie HOF rookies. I think it'd be kinda cool actually.
  • Options

<< <i>
    Perhaps a weird idea, but I wouldn't mind seeing a set for oddball pre-rookie HOF rookies. I think it'd be kinda cool actually. >>

Probably the most sensible solution yet.

Jason
  • Options

I love you guys!

The spirited discussion about this set shows
    your guys' level of passion for it !

You guys are the best.

Roman Gabriel's last completion....Vince Papale

Best Regards to all,

Jeff
  • Options
    Agreed Gabbs, the passion on this set is true and strong. Jason just gets his undies in a bundle rather quickly image

The registry loves you Jason
    imageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>Agreed Gabbs, the passion on this set is true and strong. Jason just gets his undies in a bundle rather quickly image

The registry loves you Jason
    imageimageimage >>

Thanks, but I'm not Brett Favre. No man-crush required.

Jason
  • Options
    Got a couple of toughies available if anyone is interested PM or e-mail me at jabeduco@yahoo.com.

Matson is a POP 8 with 4 graded higher. Lary is POP 10 with non graded higher. Willing to negotiate price.

Jason

• Options
    Hey Gabbs,

The Roman Gabriel/Papale was a good one. Did you see the recent movie....not to bad.

Here's another trivia question for you: Who is the only NFL HOF player that was born in Mexico?

Doc
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Here's another trivia question for you: Who is the only NFL HOF player that was born in Mexico? >>

That would be the late Tom Fears...
  • Options
    Tom Fears is the correct answer, well done.
  • Options
    RobBobGolfRobBobGolf Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    Serving Ice-Custard-Happiness since 2006

• Options
    Haven't posted a wantlist in awhile. If anyone has any of these available, please shoot me a PM or contact me at jabeduco@yahoo.com.

PSA 4.5 or higher:
    1935 NATIONAL CHICLE BRONKO NAGURSKI

PSA 5.5 or higher:
    1948 LEAF CHUCK BEDNARIK
    1948 LEAF CHARLIE CONERLY

PSA 6.5 or higher:
    1935 NATIONAL CHICLE DUTCH CLARK
    1948 LEAF SID LUCKMAN
    1948 LEAF BOBBY LAYNE
    1948 LEAF GEORGE CONNOR
    1948 LEAF LEO NOMELLINI
    1948 LEAF WHITEY WISTERT

PSA 8:
    1950 BOWMAN OTTO GRAHAM
    1952 BOWMAN LARGE/SMALL JOE STYDAHAR
    1950 BOWMAN MAC SPEEDIE
    1952 BOWMAN LARGE/SMALL PAUL BROWN
    1952 BOWMAN LARGE/SMALL GEORGE HALAS
    1955 BOWMAN BILLY WILSON
    1957 TOPPS JOHNNY UNITAS
    1961 FLEER JOHN BRODIE
    1964 TOPPS JIM TYRER
    1967 PHILADELPHIA CHRIS HANBURGER
    1968 TOPPS ANDY RUSSELL
    1971 TOPPS TERRY BRADSHAW

PSA 9:
    1970 TOPPS RICH JACKSON
    1971 TOPPS GARO YEPREMIAN
    1971 TOPPS LEMAR PARRISH
    1971 TOPPS ROGER WEHRLI
    1971 CHARLIE SANDERS
    1971 TOPPS JOE GREENE
    1972 TOPPS ROGER STAUBACH
    1976 TOPPS RANDY GRADISHAR

PSA 10:
    1980 TOPPS LESTER HAYES
    1981 TOPPS JOE MONTANA
    1981 TOPPS DAN HAMPTON
    1982 TOPPS LAWRENCE TAYLOR
    1982 TOPPS RONNIE LOTT
    1984 TOPPS JIM COVERT
    1984 TOPPS DWIGHT STEPHENSON
    1984 TOPPS USFL STEVE YOUNG
    1984 TOPPS USFL REGGIE WHITE
    1985 TOPPS RICHARD DENT
    1986 TOPPS SEAN LANDETA
    1986 TOPPS JERRY RICE
    1986 TOPPS REGGIE WHITE
    1986 TOPPS BRUCE SMITH
    1993 SP JEROME BETTIS
    1994 PLAYOFF LARRY ALLEN
    1996 SP EDDIE GEORGE
    1997 SP AUTHENTIC WALTER JONES
    1999 SP AUTHENTIC CHAMP BAILEY
    2000 SP AUTHENTIC TOM BRADY
    2002 UPPER DECK XL ALAN FANECA

Jason
  • Options
    The 52 Bowman Small Lary above has been sold, but I also have an extra 52 Bowman Large Yale Lary if anyone is in the market. Here are the scans and prices:

$2,000 delivered for this one:

$1,500 delivered for this one:

PM me or e-mail to jabeduco@yahoo.com.

Jason
  • Options
    Does anyone have an opinion on whether Kurt Warner will garner HOF consideration? I was watching last night wondering. He may still have a few solid years ahead of him. I believe he is currently 37 and in the top 5 of MVP candidates this year. What do ya'll think?

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    LOL Jason you are unreal my friend. Who the hell just keeps THREE Yale Lary RC's in PSA 8 laying around? What else you got laying around?
  • Options

<< <i>Does anyone have an opinion on whether Kurt Warner will garner HOF consideration? I was watching last night wondering. He may still have a few solid years ahead of him. I believe he is currently 37 and in the top 5 of MVP candidates this year. What do ya'll think? >>

My opinion..If he wins a 3rd MVP or takes the Cards to a Super Bowl, he will move VERY very high on the future HOF list, and will be a strong 80%+ chance candidate...If neither of those happens, and this year just turns out to be a good Pro Bowl year for him, he will still need another 1-2 of those solid Pro Bowl type years to move up the list into being a strong contender.

His bad years were really bad and he got off to a late start, so not sure how many more years he has left in the tank. Certainly he returned to his former greatness last season and has continued his strong play this year. Those 5 terrible years vs. his 5 great years (including this one) would not get him in if he retired today...But like I said, an MVP or even MAKE the Super Bowl with the Cards...You can start engraving the bust...

Didn't a couple of guys here have a Seahawks vs. Cardinals bet in the pre-season? How's that working out???lol

Jason