Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Official Football HOF Rookies Thread**********************************************

Comments

• Options
    Got these two in today, part of my Illinois set, but may get me moving towards the beginning of a Football HOF set as well (also have Grange, Nitschke and Bobby Mitchell):

• Options
    DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    Nice Butkus!! If you want to get a jump start on the HOF set, let me know. I have probably 15-20 HOF rookies available.

dave

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Let it be known Im putting a nice sized snipe on that baby! >>

Good Luck!! That card is outstanding!!

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,790 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Let it be known Im putting a nice sized snipe on that baby! >>

Good Luck!! That card is outstanding!! >>

Thanks Dave! Im glad another one popped up- it took quite a bit of restraint not getting into a bidding war with you on yours, if you check out my new additions to my 52 set in my Vintage Football thread you will see why I didnt.
  • Options
    recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    Hi Everone,

I was thinking of putting together an All-Time Bears set in the key card sets.
    This will be a monumental task with a team with so much history as the Bears and might take me some time to get a list up.
    I submitted an All Time Bulls set that's like 40 out right now that took me a couple of days to put together, but the Bears will be much harder.
    I would appreciate any input as to the criteria of who you would take for the set.

Thanks,
    Tom
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe there's not a Bears set yet. Sounds like a good venture to me. Allow me to submit the painfully obvious candidates for the set: Butkus, Sayers, Payton, Urlacher (too soon?), Singletary, Luckman, Hampton, Ditka (though I think he's incredibly overrated image), and Dent. Needless to say, I left out a ton.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    Thanks shagrotn77,

I would start with including all the Bears HOFers and can narrow down the list of non-HOFers from the 70's - present off the top of my head.
    It gets tricky for me when I go before that. I was born in '69 so my memory of an Ed Sprinkle's playing days are a little fuzzy, lol.
    I figure I will have to tackle it one decade at a time.
    Then I will have to decide do I do it stricktly on all-pro honors, pro bowl appearances, stats on all-time Bears list or do I allow a player in that has had a historical impact on the Bears history, ie Brian Piccolo. (He's in if I'm doing the list).
    Then I would have to decide if I want to include those all time great cards for those players that never had a RC issued.

• Options
    I tried to do a similar thing with the Browns a while back. Since there is already a Browns HOF set, PSA did not want to add an all time set. Maybe PSA will change there point of view, keep me informed.
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Dave- That's an awesome card. Definitely a candidate for re-submittal >>

Ditto - that is a beautiful card for the grade. Congrats! Sometimes a high end six is better than a low end 8!

Rgs,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I tried to do a similar thing with the Browns a while back. Since there is already a Browns HOF set, PSA did not want to add an all time set. Maybe PSA will change there point of view, keep me informed. >>

Yep..I am the originator of many of the football all-time team sets on the Registry, and in the past, they would not create a new Bears or Browns set since they already have a HOF key card team set...

Tom, if you can get PSA to agree that they will list a new Bears set I would definitely be willing to help you get that set up and running. I have quite a large database of player info and could put together a strong list in line with all the other football all-time team sets that you could work off of...Add to or take away from...I could also help with the grade weights...

I'd want to know that PSA is open to the change first though, because I put together a Bears and Browns set in the past only to be shot down...Not interested in spinning my wheels for nothing again...lol

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    Thanks Jason and Bill,

The funny thing is I submitted a Bears team of the 80's in the key card format last year and was told I could not do it the way I had it, but I could make it a Bears All-Time set.
    The only way I could have done the Bears of the '80's was if I did it in the team sets category under one maufacturer for a decade. That would have left Payton out so I said forget it.
    I would think I would have a good chance at it based on what I was told last year and since there is already a Packer set in the key card and in the HOF categories.

Tom
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks Jason and Bill,

The funny thing is I submitted a Bears team of the 80's in the key card format last year and was told I could not do it the way I had it, but I could make it a Bears All-Time set.
    The only way I could have done the Bears of the '80's was if I did it in the team sets category under one maufacturer for a decade. That would have left Payton out so I said forget it.
    I would think I would have a good chance at it based on what I was told last year and since there is already a Packer set in the key card and in the HOF categories.

Tom >>

Actually, the Packers set in the HOF category lists players inducted into the Green Bay Packers HOF...It's a HUGE set of just about every player to ever don a Packers uniform...lol..Its not an all-time greatest set...

But, give it a shot. Worst they can tell you is no dice..

Without looking up specific cards and grade weights, these are the PLAYERS who IMO, would meet the qualifications of being part of a Bears All-Time Greatest set:

Red Grange
    Bronko Nagurski
    Joe Stydahar
    Sid Luckman
    George McAfee
    Bulldog Turner
    George Connor
    Ed Sprinkle
    Bill George
    Stan Jones
    Joe Fortunato
    Doug Atkins
    Gale Sayers
    Mike Ditka
    Dick Butkus
    George Blanda
    Walter Payton
    Dan Hampton
    Jim Covert
    Mike Singletary
    Jay Hilgenberg
    Richard Dent
    Olin Kreutz
    Brian Urlacher
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    Jason,

With 6 Pro Bowls to his name, how close do you feel that Olin Kreutz is to being considered a "Future HOFer"?

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options

<< <i>Jason,

With 6 Pro Bowls to his name, how close do you feel that Olin Kreutz is to being considered a "Future HOFer"?

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

Based on how tough it is to make the HOF from the Center position....Not close...

Kevin Mawae is a closer ACTIVE Center, and even he hasn't quite done enough...6 Pro Bowls as a Center vs. 6 Pro Bowls as a QB are not valued equally...

If Kreutz were to retire today and get in the HOF line at the Center position, he'd be behind these guys:

Dermontti Dawson
    Kent Hull
    Jeff Van Note
    Kevin Mawae
    Jay Hilgenberg

Kreutz, to me, equates to say a Ray Donaldson or Mark Stepnoski...Which is to say, he'll probably get nominated, but he'll never sniff the HOF...The HOF cut-off on the current modern crop of Centers starts and ends right after Dermontti Dawson..He'll eventually get in, but none of the others will....

If Mawae or Kreutz can put together 2+ more Pro Bowl or All-Pro years (which is probably unlikely at this point in their careers) they might be able to move up that list...

Jason

• Options
    Adding to the above..Here are the top All-Pro vote getters (with total votes) at the Center position this decade (2000-2007)...With 2 years and 100 All-Pro Center votes to go, you could literally see a Center come out of nowhere, be dominant, and end up being the 1st Team Center on the 2000's Team of the Decade...

Kevin Mawae, N.Y. Jets 91
    Jeff Saturday, Indianapolis, 87
    Tom Nalen, Denver 50
    Olin Kreutz, Chicago 40
    Jeff Hartings, Pittsburgh, 32
    Matt Birk, Minnesota 23

Just haven't had a Dermontti Dawson or Dwight Stephenson or Mike Webster that dominanted this decade...Here are the 1st Team All-Pros since 2000:

2000-Tom Nalen
    2001-Kevin Mawae
    2002-Barret Robbins
    2003-Tom Nalen
    2004-Jeff Hartings
    2005-Jeff Saturday
    2006-Olin Kreutz
    2007-Jeff Saturday

Jason

• Options
    fujfuj Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    Guys, this will probably seem like an ignorant question, but I've been wondering why fullbacks get no consideration for the Hall? For example, when I think of the Cowboys of the 90's, I remember Moose Johnston frequently out in front of Emmitt throwing a key block that sprung him loose. Shouldn't a player (not on the OL) whose primary job was to block be able to get some sort of recognition in the Hall?
  • Options
    What about Gary Fencik or the Fridge. I know they are not HOFers, but when I think of the Bears those guys definitely pop up in my head. Maybe even Halas.
    Collector of NFL HOF RC's & Brian Urlacher
  • Options
    Here's an e-mail I got from Jaye Woodward:

Hello Tom

Yes, we will approve an All-Time Chicago Bears set. We just need the names of the players, not the cards. When you are ready to formally request the set you should just use rookie cards.

Thank you

Jaye Woodward

Collectors Universe

Set Registry Coordinator

949-567-1234 ext. 295

949-833-7660

So I guess it's a go.
  • Options

<< <i>What about Gary Fencik or the Fridge. I know they are not HOFers, but when I think of the Bears those guys definitely pop up in my head. Maybe even Halas. >>

Fencik...2 pro bowls, 1 all-pro
    Perry...0 pro bowls, 0 all-pro

If that's all it takes you could probably come up with 100 players for the set...lol..Probably a good idea to set standards on what it takes to be considered one of the greatest in franchise history...Include all those that meet the standards and dont include anyone that doesnt...

I always tried to stick with guys with nice credentials rather than just name recognition...But, its really up to the submitter...

Jason

• Options

<< <i>Here's an e-mail I got from Jaye Woodward:

Hello Tom

Yes, we will approve an All-Time Chicago Bears set. We just need the names of the players, not the cards. When you are ready to formally request the set you should just use rookie cards.

So I guess it's a go. >>

Yikes..No THAT is a scary statement...So PSA is picking the cards??? I wouldn't let that happen if you can help it...lol

My advice...Make your request via excel spreadsheet, include the card you want used as well as the grade weight and hope they agree with what you have.

If you need the excel format of what I used in the past, e-mail me at jabeduco@yahoo.com and I will send you an example you can go off of...

Jason
  • Options

<< <i>Guys, this will probably seem like an ignorant question, but I've been wondering why fullbacks get no consideration for the Hall? For example, when I think of the Cowboys of the 90's, I remember Moose Johnston frequently out in front of Emmitt throwing a key block that sprung him loose. Shouldn't a player (not on the OL) whose primary job was to block be able to get some sort of recognition in the Hall? >>

There are quite a few FB's in the Hall of Fame..I think what you are referring to is the modern day FB's who are essentially used as blocking backs...I think most consider them glorified special teams players. What I mean is that they are usually only on the field for a fraction of the time...Even Moose Johnston wasn't an every downs player...

That being said, you could eventually see one of those guys in the HOF, but he would have to have a long, dominant career just like most OL's need to make the HOF..And that going to be a tough find at blocking FB...

Jason
  • Options
    dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Guys, this will probably seem like an ignorant question, but I've been wondering why fullbacks get no consideration for the Hall? For example, when I think of the Cowboys of the 90's, I remember Moose Johnston frequently out in front of Emmitt throwing a key block that sprung him loose. Shouldn't a player (not on the OL) whose primary job was to block be able to get some sort of recognition in the Hall? >>

I have to agree, backs like Johnson and Lorenzo Neal deserve more respect for what they did or in Neal's case still do. They play a big part in the success both the running and passing games by providing key blocks. I'd love to see HOF voters give the position some consideration when they vote.

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.
  • Options

<< <i>

There are quite a few FB's in the Hall of Fame..I think what you are referring to is the modern day FB's who are essentially used as blocking backs...I think most consider them glorified special teams players. What I mean is that they are usually only on the field for a fraction of the time...Even Moose Johnston wasn't an every downs player...

That being said, you could eventually see one of those guys in the HOF, but he would have to have a long, dominant career just like most OL's need to make the HOF..And that going to be a tough find at blocking FB...

Jason >>

Jason,
    You read my mind. Absolutely I was referring to the guys whose primary job is to block. Moose was an awesome blocker who also could catch a 3rd down pass every now and then and could also pick up a tough yard or 2 on a short yardage play. Moose is my favorite and someone else mentioned Lorenzo Neal. Those guys were elite blocking fullbacks who paved the way for many, many yards by the RB who got all the glory. When a guy performs his job to the degree these guys did, I think they should be recognized as HOF caliber.

Thanks for the input.

Greg
  • Options

<< <i>I have to agree, backs like Johnson and Lorenzo Neal deserve more respect for what they did or in Neal's case still do. They play a big part in the success both the running and passing games by providing key blocks. I'd love to see HOF voters give the position some consideration when they vote. >>

Maybe guys like Emmitt who benefitted from their blocking will help provide the support these guys need to get serious consideration. I would think that Emmitt has to appreciate all the tough work his OL and FB provided in getting him all the holes he had to run through.
  • Options

<< <i>

I have to agree, backs like Johnson and Lorenzo Neal deserve more respect for what they did or in Neal's case still do. They play a big part in the success both the running and passing games by providing key blocks. I'd love to see HOF voters give the position some consideration when they vote. >>

Same can be said about Punters, Kickers and other special teams players...

The first thing you'd need to do is define what a HOF blocking FB looks like...Remembering that a guy made a few nice blocks in his career does not make him a HOFer..FB is tough to quantify..I mean they are so important in today's game that many teams don;t even use them...

What about 3rd down RBs and slot WRs??? Might as well push for these guys as well..

Jason

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck on your all time Bears team. Gotta love george blanda...when he retired from football he was eligable for social security.
    As smart as jason is he forgot one important guy...yogi berr his card is 1948 bowman.
    While were at it maybe smokey ...he played a long time and has good carear numbers.

IMO a HOFER is a guy who dominated. Not special teams or part time player. Now don't get me wrong..they are important and can often determine the outcome of a game. I liked moose...and what od alstot?
    A kicker at least is extremely important as he provides points and often determines win/loss even super bowl wins

Stenerud is the only kicker in the hall...and unless Ray Guy gets in....nobody else that will be considered "special team type" will...
    Not any of the modern hof candidates kickers...or tasker.....or moose.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    Brian Mitchell was leader of all puspose yards at 1 time not sure if thats still true but cant see him in the hall either
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    All of those auctions are mine but three.

Wish me luck. I'm not real happy with the way they broke it out but the guy I was dealing with (who is no longer there) was a real...um....treat, to deal with. He wanted $1000 lots but was willing to break out some cards as singles but not others and insisted other stuff would do better in the mis-matched lots...blah blah blah. Insisted that dealers don't buy from him because there aren't any deals to be had. The guy was a used car salesman at best, unfortunately they already had all of my cards. I did try and get them back after the Hinkle and Bartell ended but was told no. I have a feeling I'm not even going to see the low of VCP on this bunch, I really hope I'm wrong.

<< <i>Here are some highlights of the up coming Mastro auction. I assume many of these are Joshs (envoy) cards

Thorpe
    Grange
    Chicle lot
    Chicle Lot #2 *NOT MINE*
    HOF lot
    48 leaf lot
    Luckman
    Nomellini
    Bednarik
    Tittle
    Motley *NOT MINE*
    Hirsch *NOT MINE*
    Bowman lot
    55-56 lot
    Starr
    Unitas
    Fleer lot
    Maynard
    60s topps lot
    Tarkenton
    Alworth
    Philly Lot
    Namath
    Sayers
    70s topps lot
    Page psa 10
    Bradshaw
    Staubach
    Payton PSA 9
    80's-90's LOT
    80's QB lot >>

• Options
    Good luck Josh!
  • Options

<< <i>Good luck Josh! >>

Ya, Good luck with those JT

Seriously not impressed with the lot layout either, but that wont prevent me from shilling a few for you like you asked image
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Thanks Jason and Bill,

Tom >>

Actually, the Packers set in the HOF category lists players inducted into the Green Bay Packers HOF...It's a HUGE set of just about every player to ever don a Packers uniform...lol..Its not an all-time greatest set...

But, give it a shot. Worst they can tell you is no dice..

Without looking up specific cards and grade weights, these are the PLAYERS who IMO, would meet the qualifications of being part of a Bears All-Time Greatest set:

Red Grange
    Bronko Nagurski
    Joe Stydahar
    Sid Luckman
    George McAfee
    Bulldog Turner
    George Connor
    Ed Sprinkle
    Bill George
    Stan Jones
    Joe Fortunato
    Doug Atkins
    Gale Sayers
    Mike Ditka
    Dick Butkus
    George Blanda
    Walter Payton
    Dan Hampton
    Jim Covert
    Mike Singletary
    Jay Hilgenberg
    Richard Dent
    Olin Kreutz
    Brian Urlacher >>

I was one of the two that started the Packers HOF set. Yes there are a lot of people in the set, but then again the team has been around since 1919. It was started as there was a debate between Jason and myself as to what players should be allowed in the All-Time Packers team set. Jason's opinon at the time, and probably still is based on the players he as listed above for your bears set, is that the all-time team sets should basically consist on players/coaches that are either in the HOF or are near HOF level players. Our debate was what to do about players that made a impact on the team but arent in all likelyhood HOF caliber players. For instance, I thought that Ryan Longwell should be in the all time packers set as he is the all time leading scorer in team history but he has almost no chance to make the HOF. Same thing for someone like Antonio Freeman. Since the Packers HOF takes in those players that arent Canton material, we start the set to get people that are die-hard Packer collectors/fans out there to have set that would more encompass what they might collect, not just Canton material players.

I am not sure what you are looking for with the Bears set? Do you want something that is more fan based selection of players or more Canton selection of players. I am with Jason, in that if you want certain cards make sure you list them and weight them. Maybe you can have a Bears Fan Team set, ala the Packers HOF (as I dont think the Bears have a team HOF). One thing that we did with the Packers set was to pick cards that were the players first wearing a Packer uniform (or college if drafted by the Packers). Again this would be something that would be more of a fan based collection than those that collect mainly Canton RC's. If you search Packer set on this board you should be able to find it still.

I would be more than willing to help you out...though I was quite happy to see the game end the way it did yesterday. image That always makes my Monday commute on Metra into the city much more enjoyable.

Jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Good luck Josh! >>

Ya, Good luck with those JT

Seriously not impressed with the lot layout either, but that wont prevent me from shilling a few for you like you asked image >>

Considering the reputation Mastro has lately, I don't think I need you to shill anything. image

I (we) should probably be careful with that anyway...it's liable to get us Rube'd right outta here.... (pun intended)
  • Options
    I would be more than willing to help you out...though I was quite happy to see the game end the way it did yesterday. That always makes my Monday commute on Metra into the city much more enjoyable.

Thanks Jay,
    I asked for Sunday off so I could watch the Bears game. I told my boss today if I ever ask for another Sunday off in football season to kick me out of his office, lol.

Here is the Bears HOF set on PSA registry now:

Set Composition
    Issue Card# Weight
    1933 GOUDEY SPORT KINGS RED GRANGE 4 8.50
    1935 NATIONAL CHICLE BRONKO NAGURSKI 34 10.00
    1948 BOWMAN CLYDE (BULLDOG) TURNER 36 4.50
    1948 LEAF SID LUCKMAN 1 6.50
    1948 LEAF GEORGE MCAFEE 19 4.50
    1948 LEAF GEORGE CONNOR 37 3.50
    1952 BOWMAN GEORGE HALAS 48 4.50
    1952 BOWMAN JOE STYDAHAR 99 5.50
    1954 BOWMAN DOUG ATKINS 4 1.50
    1954 BOWMAN GEORGE BLANDA 23 3.50
    1956 TOPPS BILL GEORGE 47 1.50
    1956 TOPPS STAN JONES 71 1.50
    1962 TOPPS MIKE DITKA 17 5.00
    1966 PHILADELPHIA DICK BUTKUS 31 4.50
    1966 PHILADELPHIA GALE SAYERS 38 4.50
    1976 TOPPS WALTER PAYTON 148 2.50
    1981 TOPPS DAN HAMPTON 316 1.00
    1983 TOPPS MIKE SINGLETARY 38 1.00

Divisor: 74.00

The list Jason gave had only 7 more players and three of them are on the future set, although I think he said that is what he came up with at the moment. I would probably want a set that is a little more player inclusive. Jay I saw your set and it is very impressive and very comprehensive in Packer player history, but I don't know if I want it that big and I don't want any regional small print run cards.
    I guess what I'm saying is I want this set to be some where in the middle. But, if myself and only a couple other people are going to be in the set then it might not be worth it.

Tom
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    Tom,

Well it would be worth some free grades!! Heck look at all the sets out there already that have duplication. I say go for whatever set you want. But it would probably be better to stick to either the All-Time format or go for all out alone like we did the GBP HOF set. The only thing that we had going for us is that the selection of players included is out of our hands. We only have to decide on which card is in the set.

Jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I have to agree, backs like Johnson and Lorenzo Neal deserve more respect for what they did or in Neal's case still do. They play a big part in the success both the running and passing games by providing key blocks. I'd love to see HOF voters give the position some consideration when they vote. >>

Same can be said about Punters, Kickers and other special teams players...

The first thing you'd need to do is define what a HOF blocking FB looks like...Remembering that a guy made a few nice blocks in his career does not make him a HOFer..FB is tough to quantify..I mean they are so important in today's game that many teams don;t even use them...

What about 3rd down RBs and slot WRs??? Might as well push for these guys as well..

Jason >>

I agree that not all FB and Special Teams players are Hall worthy but their are exceptions. Shouldn't a player be admitted for their play and their contribution to the game rather than looking at the time they aren't on the field (making the most of their opportunities that they are in). I wouldn't say FB are unimportant but rather offensive schemes change and teams now go with a variety of packages that utlize different positions.

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.
  • Options

<< <i>

The list Jason gave had only 7 more players and three of them are on the future set, although I think he said that is what he came up with at the moment. I would probably want a set that is a little more player inclusive. Jay I saw your set and it is very impressive and very comprehensive in Packer player history, but I don't know if I want it that big and I don't want any regional small print run cards.
    I guess what I'm saying is I want this set to be some where in the middle. But, if myself and only a couple other people are going to be in the set then it might not be worth it.

Tom >>

Tom, it is your set to request and you can make of it whatever you wish..I was only giving you guidance in line with the other all-time team sets that I created in the past...

Just keep in mind that the more obscure players/cards you add, the risk you run is that fewer and fewer collectors will have interest in the set...If that isn't an issue and/or you don't care then by all means make the set whatever you want. Yes, my opinion is that All-Time Great Team sets should only contain All-Time Great players...Seems like an obvious concept..What Jay did with the Packers Hall of Fame set or what Danny did with the Alabama Alumni sets are totally different in what they are and what they are meant to be...Its apples and oranges...

It's really up to you...If PSA is willing to publish the set, then make of it what you will...I won't be collecting the set, so really my only input here is to provide you with information based on my past experiences with similar sets..Please do not think I am trying to tell you what to do or how to do it..If you don't want or need my help, just say so and I will not say another word on the subject.

Jason
  • Options
    So I think we all know MOSH is also JSJD trust in the set registries, so I was wondering why he just changed his HOF RC set registry name from MOSH to JSJD?

MOSH is 3 people isnt it, with Johny O da III as the "face" of the group, so is the JSJD trust two of the 3, did MOSH have a falling out I wonder? Jeremy, some input?
  • Options
    Sorry wish I could help. I haven't communicated with MOSH in months.
    Jeremy
  • Options

<< <i>So I think we all know MOSH is also JSJD trust in the set registries, so I was wondering why he just changed his HOF RC set registry name from MOSH to JSJD?

MOSH is 3 people isnt it, with Johny O da III as the "face" of the group, so is the JSJD trust two of the 3, did MOSH have a falling out I wonder? Jeremy, some input? >>

It happened at the same time as the crossover to the new registry...and my new sets have different names also, so I am guessing it is related to that.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    Thought I would bump the thread with my want list

1933 Sport Kings Jim Thorpe
    1948 Bowman Bulldog Turner

Still wanting to finish it off by the end of the year.

Dave

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thought I would bump the thread with my want list

1933 Sport Kings Jim Thorpe
    1948 Bowman Bulldog Turner

Still wanting to finish it off by the end of the year.

Dave >>

I currently have an SGC 50 Bulldog Turner on eBay now for $100 Buy It Now. If you go through Microsoft Live you would get it for $75. If you end up getting it, I would ship it for free to you.

Mark

Bulldog Turner Auction
  • Options
    This, by far, the best thread on these boards...I'm a long time lurker who is missing (long time/no posts) all of the relevant/educational material posted here. Just wanted to give it a bump.
    Collecting:
    Dallas Cowboys
    SuperBowl MVPs
    Heisman Trophy Winers
  • Options
    Any idea when the finalist list will be out?

What are the chances Bob Kuechenberg will make the list?

Todd
  • Options

<< <i>Any idea when the finalist list will be out?

What are the chances Bob Kuechenberg will make the list?

Todd >>

The list of 2009 HOF nominees will be released later this week or early next week.

Based on mail-in ballots from the HOF committee, the top 25 vote getters among the 100 or so nominees will be selected as Semi-finalists, sometime in late November, early December.

HOF committee will again vote between the 25 semifinalist via mail-in ballot in which the top 15 vote getters will be named as HOF Finalists, sometime in mid-January.

Lastly, the HOF committee will meet on 31 January 2009 to select the Class of 2009 from those final 15.

100% that Bob Kuechenberg will again be at a minimum a semi-finalist, and 99% that he will again be a finalist. This is his final year as a modern candidate and personally, I think they will get him into the HOF this time. If they don't it could be awhile once he gets pushed back to the Senior committee.

Jason

• Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    I know I am a bottom feeder on this board in 36th place but I got a great deal on a 1964 Bobby Bell PSA 7. $10.00. Pretty excited for a card that has sold for
    $36.99
    $45.89
    $32.98
    $37.66
    $26.00
    $46.00
    I is a bit OC but for 10 bucks I am happy. I picked up an Alex Wojciechowicz PSA 4 for $25 delivered the other day too. Look out guys, I am making my move.

GO PACKERS!
  • Options
    2009 Nominees announced today:

List

Jason
  • Options
    Thanks Jason.

Todd
  • Options

<< <i>2009 Nominees announced today:

List

Jason >>

Jason,

Do you think there will ever be a special HOF vote for administrators/contributors/referees who will likely never be inducted via the normal induction process (e.g. Ed and Steve Sabol)?

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>2009 Nominees announced today:

List

Jason >>

Jason,

Do you think there will ever be a special HOF vote for administrators/contributors/referees who will likely never be inducted via the normal induction process (e.g. Ed and Steve Sabol)?

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

Eventually? Yes. this is something the HOF Board of Trustees has discussed quite a few times over the years. i think it will come down to funding. Much like the Sports Writers wing, they would likely want to add a new wing for contributors/ref/assist coach type guys. But they are non-profit and will have to get funded for it...My guess, as soon as Daniel Snyder comes on the ballot he will offer to fund the new wing so he can get in it..lol

Anyone notice some of the surprising first time nominee guys? It's almost as if the HOF was looking at the All-Time Team sets on the PSA registry..lol

Rich Camarillo P
    Wes Chandler WR
    Deron Cherry S
    Randy Cross G/C
    Dave Dalby C/G
    Carl Hairston DT/DE
    Harold Jackson WR
    Tom Jackson LB
    Steve McMichael DT
    Max Montoya G
    Stanley Morgan WR
    Leslie O'Neal DE
    Marvin Powell T
    Eugene Robinson S
    Art Still DE

These are all first time nominees who've been eligible for some time but had never even been nominated before...

Also, the 133 is the largest group of nominees since they began the nominee/semifinal/finalist process of doing things..

Jason
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone notice some of the surprising first time nominee guys? It's almost as if the HOF was looking at the All-Time Team sets on the PSA registry..lol >>

One of the names certainly sticks out at me. Can you guess which one? LOL. He's currently tied with Alworth (and I think Andre Johnson now too) for the most consecutive games with 130 or more yards receiving.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."