Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

COMPLETE 80's Baseball Rip HAPPY THANKSGIVING RIP EM ALL 2DAY

Comments

• zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    Thanks again Gary for doing all the legwork on this. These pack breaks are awesome!!!
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Purple monkey dishwasher! image

Clever idea on the shipping Gary image

I can't wait. If only my BBCE order had showed up. So tempted. Must resist. Mmmm ... forbidden wax packs. image

Arthur
  • Gary, I just noticed my box bottom! Greenwell! Awesome! Thank you!

Arthur
  • Please post any 89 Fleer Bill Ripkens you get.

Theres alot of errors in this decade so if wanted I can help. Theres a ton more than listed in the guides.
    imageimageimage
  • rvcrvc Posts: 559 ✭✭
    got my packs!
    Bob
  • Got mine! So what the official schedule?
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey

<< <i>Got mine! So what the official schedule? >>

Schedule? I thought we were all just supposed to open them image

EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    Ooops. Posted message in wrong thread.

Eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Piman58Piman58 Posts: 814 ✭✭
    My box arrived in today's mail. Looking forward to some great fun.
  • The schedual is posted on the top of first page of this thread but here it is againimage

RIP SCHEDUAL we have lots of packs and we all know from the other rips how hard it is to stare at those packs and wait all week to rip. So lets rip one pack a day that still over a month of fun . so below is the list of the order we will rip. Does this sound good. Everybody should have there packs by Sunday

ripping order
    10/22 89upperdeck 10/23 89topps 10/24 89fleer 10/25 89donruss 10/26 89 score 10/27 89 bowman 10/28 89 sportflic

10/29 88fleer 10/30 88donruss 10/31 88 topps 11/01 88 score 11/2 88 sportflic 11/3 87fleer 11/4 87 donruss

11/5 87 topps 11/6 87 sportflic 11/7 86 fleer 11/8 86 donruss 11/9 86topps 11/10 86 sportflic 11/11 85 fleer

11/12 85 donruss 11/13 85 topps 11/14 84fleer 11/15 84donruss 11/16 84 topps 11/17 83fleer 11/18 83donruss

11/19 83 topps 11/20 82 fleer 11/21 82 donruss/ 11/22 82 topps/

11/23 we give thanks and rip open the remaing packs so we have something besides the inlaws to look forward to on thanks giving
  • alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    packs arrived today......ready to rip///////what's first.....what's second...hey let's rip them all!!!!
  • BkritzBkritz Posts: 1,093 ✭✭
    Got them too. SWWEEET!

B
  • Just got mine image
    Always looking for interesting Don Mattingly and New York Yankees related items.
  • I wonder how many of you can't handle waiting and rip them all now. I can just see you now - umm... errr... uh yea I just ripped this today image
    Always looking for interesting Don Mattingly and New York Yankees related items.
  • alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    The only thing keeping me from ripping them all is kids....they have me running all over the place with football, basketball, choir and school.....between them and work I've been able to control the ripping urge!!image
  • Do what I do "Honey, Im going to the bathroom." lol
    imageimageimage

• << <i>Do what I do "Honey, Im going to the bathroom." lol >>

Keep that up and the wife will start calling you stinky image
  • She already does and my 4 year old says I love Bill Ripken. Glad the cat cant talk.
    imageimageimage
  • Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my packs today!! Im not going to open the package until Sunday, so the packs will not call my name.
  • No packs for me yet.... weird. Gary, aren't you just a few hours from Los Angeles ... I figured I'd be one of the first to receive them.

-t
    - Building these sets:
    ------- 1960 Topps Baseball PSA 8+
    ------- 1985 Topps Hockey PSA 9+
  • TZAHLTZAHL Posts: 649 ✭✭
    WTF!!!! I didn't order an 86 Topps box. 80s!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Trying to complete:
    2000 Bowman Chrome
    2002 Topps Heritage NAP
    2003 Topps Heritage chrome and seat relics
    2006 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2007 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2008 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2006 Topps Heritage and Topps Chrome football

• << <i>WTF!!!! I didn't order an 86 Topps box. 80s!!!!!!!!!!!! >>

You did better than me. I got the 88 Fleer box.
  • TZAHLTZAHL Posts: 649 ✭✭
    Oh, wait. I opened it. Looks like it is there! Sportsflics......oohhhh, ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I kind of did my own 80s break with some Topps and Donruss I got off Ebay last week. Didn't pull anything great in about 35 packs, but some VERY nice conditioned cards. My 85 donruss that I opened seemed to have chipping. This seems like a TOUGH set. The rest were in pretty great condition. Best 2 cards were pry a Boggs RC and some Roses and Ryans. Got 2 Ryans in one pack. I'm liking the 82-84 Donruss. They came out in GREAT condition. The 81 Donruss gum ate through half my pack. I can post scans next week. Gotta go to the Nebraska v. Texas game Saturday.

Thanks 80s. Just had to flip you some crap.

Oh, I have 1 78 pack and 2 79 packs.....really don't want to rip em.....but what should I do with em?

Oh.....and can someone PM me or post instructions on getting wax off the FRONT of a card? I'm guessing the gum stains and wax stains on the backs of the cards are pretty much 'stained'.
    Trying to complete:
    2000 Bowman Chrome
    2002 Topps Heritage NAP
    2003 Topps Heritage chrome and seat relics
    2006 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2007 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2008 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2006 Topps Heritage and Topps Chrome football
  • gemintgemint Posts: 6,099 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like I'll have to rip some ahead or behind schedule since I have a business trip smack dab in the middle of the pack ripping schedule. Hmmm, decisions, decisions.

<< <i>

<< <i>WTF!!!! I didn't order an 86 Topps box. 80s!!!!!!!!!!!! >>

You did better than me. I got the 88 Fleer box. >>

I got the 82 fleer box.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • imageI was wondering what some of you would think when you opened that package and saw a 88 topps box etc . Hey 35 empty boxes 33 packages to make figured it was better then throwing them away. plus some people got box bottom cards
    Bonusimage

Blind I cant figure out the post office i figured you would have had yours the next day. Your right your only a few hours away.

Guess its on the back of a turtle probably going through bakersfield by nowimage

Well they all went out priority so hopefully the post office lives up to there 2-3 day standard and every one has them by sunday so we can start rippin
  • got mine today..all the way on the East coast....

<< <i>Blind I cant figure out the post office i figured you would have had yours the next day. Your right your only a few hours away. >>

When we sent out the wedding invitations, we dropped them at the PO that is less than a block from my place here in Chicago. My cousins in L.A. got it in 3 days and the one we sent to us, that litterally had to travel a block got here in 5 days. There is no rhyme or reason to their madness. Thankfully it is cheap. image
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    Got mine yesterday. Picked it up at the PO late last nite. I got an '88 Donruss box with Dale Murphy smiling all over it. Never saw those '89 Topps "cello" wax packs before. Cant wait until Sunday to rip the UD pack. Maybe it will be the first Griff, I pull from a pack. Back in the day I never got one in a pack. I had to buy them all as singles.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    The eagle has landed in beautiful, scenic, south LA...

I was the proud recipient of the '86 Donruss Box...

Sportflics???? Yeah, baby! They suck, and they're ugly, but man, does that bring back memories. My first packs as a kid were '86 Topps, and then I think I spent an entire years' worth of lunch money on '87 Topps. Sportflics were only available at our one card shop. They were "a treat." Awesome, 80s.... Those weren't part of our original deal, were they?

I saw the '89 Topps cello.... What is the other celloish pack that was in there?
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Piman58Piman58 Posts: 814 ✭✭
    I got the 1985 Topps box. I will trade it for an 85 Clemens. image
  • <<Sportflics???? Yeah, baby! They suck, and they're ugly, but man, does that bring back memories. My first packs as a kid were '86 Topps, and then I think I spent an entire years' worth of lunch money on '87 Topps. Sportflics were only available at our one card shop. They were "a treat." Awesome, 80s.... Those weren't part of our original deal, were they?>>

Nope the sportsflics are the mystery packs i had talked about. While making the deal on the other boxes got the 4 sportsflics boxes thrown in free. Now we have a complete 80's rip
    What is the "other" Topps pack? (Aside from the '89 cello?) Is that the Michigan Test Pack?
    My LSU Autographs

<< <i>I saw the '89 Topps cello.... What is the other celloish pack that was in there? >>

It's a 1983 Michigan Test pack.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

What a great card to feature on top of the box. If that doesn't make you want to spend all of your allowance money... whew!

I got a fevah, and the only prescription is more Quisenberry!

• ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    Nice touch my friend! image

1984 Donruss box arrived today image

That is, with our 80's adventure inside!
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards

<< <i>

<< <i>I saw the '89 Topps cello.... What is the other celloish pack that was in there? >>

It's a 1983 Michigan Test pack. >>

Thanks, zef.

That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure. I didn't dig through my whole box yet... Is that our 83T pack, or is there an actual wax pack in there?

And is that our only 89T pack, the cello?

I can't wait to rip.... Thankfully, I've got a busy weekend.... or I think there'd be a pile of wrappers by 7PM tonight. Once I get into the routine of just one a day, I'll be OK.

I hope.
    My LSU Autographs

• I'm guaranteed at least one Greenwell! image

I'll trade just about anything I get to whoever pulls a nice Topps or Donruss Greenwell RC. Also, any of the '88s. Heck, let's just say I'll trade HOFers for any Greenwell or Burks pulled. image

Arthur

• << <i>imageI was wondering what some of you would think when you opened that package and saw a 88 topps box etc . Hey 35 empty boxes 33 packages to make figured it was better then throwing them away. plus some people got box bottom cards
    Bonusimage

Blind I cant figure out the post office i figured you would have had yours the next day. Your right your only a few hours away.

Guess its on the back of a turtle probably going through bakersfield by nowimage

Well they all went out priority so hopefully the post office lives up to there 2-3 day standard and every one has them by sunday so we can start rippin >>

Hey !! Im in Bakersfield. If I see that turtle I'll light a fire under its butt.
    imageimageimage
  • <<That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure. I didn't dig through my whole box yet... Is that our 83T pack, or is there an actual wax pack in there?

And is that our only 89T pack, the cello?>>

Well I got the 83 michigan test packs instead of wax i thought that would be a nice surprise. Also the 89 is not a cello its a 15 card pack and 36 packs to a box just like the wax. Did some research and asking around seems it was a test pack in 89 kinda like the 83. except they were only sold on the west coast. So the 83 and 89 are both test packs Kinda cool.
  • jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my packs today. Thanks for the mystery packs and taking the time to make this happen. NOW LET'S START RIPPIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    James
  • ok..ok....I admit it...I snuck a peak!!

only to scan the packs for any stars showing....all for naught though...

except a nice 86D pack with Canseco on the back....I'm sure it's got the wax stain too....bummer!!

Folding hands now and TRYING to behave!!
  • lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    imageimageimageimageimage

Oh well..............
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭
    IT'S 80's WAX TIME HERE IN SOUTH FLORIDA!

YIPEE!!!! imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

A SINCERE THANKS TO GARY FOR TAKING THE TIME TO PUT THIS TOGETHER. "MAY YOU PULL NOTHING BUT GEMS!"

rd

imageimageimageimageCLICK HERE AND LISTEN!! The Rolling Stones - Sympathy for the Devil imageimageimageimage

• I received my packs today. Thank you for organizing this wax rip.
  • ajwajw Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭
    This is pretty awesome, guys. I have to say that I'm more than a little surprised at how my 80's Topps wax rip has ballooned. It sure is fun to watch!
  • Ok i cant hold it in I must confess. No I didn't open any of my packs for the rip schedual.

The 83 fleer boxes actually have 38 wax packs so when i got everybodys ready i set the extra 2 aside and forgot about them. While I just remebered them and staring at them saying rip me now. so I did I'm guilty.
    Heres what was in one of the extra 2 packs but i didn't rip my fleer pack for the rip i'm being a good boy. maybe there will be another one of these in that one too.
    Hopefully it a sign that were gonna have a lot of fun ripping these packs

remeber we start sunday with the 89 upperdeck I have the schedual posted at the beginning of this thread incase someone forgets what day we are on.image
  • Gary,

Mine arrived in LA today safe and sound ...

love the Strawberry and Sabo Fleer box bottoms!

-t

- Building these sets:
    ------- 1960 Topps Baseball PSA 8+
    ------- 1985 Topps Hockey PSA 9+
  • Nice Gwynn. I cant wait for the 24th !!! Heres a pic of some versions for reference. LMK if I did pic wrong.

imageimageimage
  • wow, arrived today thank you very much, would have been great to get 2, one to open and one to have sealed image
    Looking for in PSA graded
    1. 75-76 Topps Keith/Jamaal Wilkes in Psa 8+
    2. 1971-72 Trio stickers PSA 8+
    3. BSKB 1977-78 topps psa 10

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Action Packed HOF Autos(need elvin hayes,both bill bradley,and the 1st bill walton)
    2001 and 2005 Greats of the Game
    UD=retro,epic,legends,legendary,generations and chronology
    2006 Topps Style 1952 Fan Favorites Autos #/10 (Refractor Autos)
    Press Pass Legends