Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

COMPLETE 80's Baseball Rip HAPPY THANKSGIVING RIP EM ALL 2DAY

Comments

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am one of the ones that emailed you with a different address. I am out of town working. If you can, please let me know when you are ready to ship. I'm not sure when I will be home.
    Thanks, James
  • Options
    Ill let you know before i ship James Thanks
  • Options
    Heres a list of 89 Fleer errors/corrected for reference. Topps has a few as well

Heep-San Antonio Tx./ Lake Hills

Moses Phoenix Az. /Tempe

Allen- Syosset/Saratosa

Ashby- Throws Right/Rig

Orsulack-White Spoton cage/No Spot

Trillo- Right/Rig..

Curt Young- Sideways S under word Pitcher on front/no S

Romine- Action/Pose

Boggs-errant Spot after Right on back/no spot

Brookens- switched back w/Heath

Heath- Switched back w/Brookens

Johnson-Marlboro Ad- many versions

G. Hernandez-Red spot on armpit 3 variations Red/Pink/Airbrush Apparently more avail.

checklist 655 error positions on front really exist??

Vandeberg Left/Lef

Treadway error target

Parrish handwritten i in circle

Henderson spelled Hendersor exists? from 89 Fleer?

Bill Ripken-all junk, sell to me @ Mr Mint prices---- pic of some versions attatched
    ------------------------------------------------------

imageimageimage
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926

<< <i>Its almost party time. >>

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    So, 80s junkie, where do we stand on this?

I'm ready to start rippin' and scannin'!!!!!
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    easports I've got everything ready just waiting on the 81 fleer box to show up. I posted earlier steve didn't have a 81 fleer box when i went to pick everything up so i ordered a 81 fleer box from da cardworld. soon as that box arrives i will let the board know and start shipping im hoping it arrives soon . I think i will call them today check on it.
    regards
    Gary
  • Options
    Awesome! Keep us posted...
    My LSU Autographs

• Options
    Still waiting for the 81 fleer box to arrive. Heres some pics to salivate over. I am getting everything boxed and ready so soon as the 81 box arrives i can tape up boxes and get them out.

• Options
    now thats alot a dimpimage
  • Options
    Look at that sweet '89 Score pack just sitting there waiting to get ripped. image

Wow. I can't wait. Seriously.

Arthur
  • Options
    Man that looks awesome! image

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    Piman58Piman58 Posts: 814 ✭✭
    Is that a Clemens I see showing through one of the tops?
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    forget about that 89 Score pack....that 88 DONRUSS has me salivating......
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    topps had a nice sequence of colors. blue,green,red,repeat.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options

<< <i>forget about that 89 Score pack....that 88 DONRUSS has me salivating...... >>

Arthur
  • Options
    I'm salivating over that '84 Donruss pack.

i just ripped 9 packs last week and I LOVED it (despite the centering issues)...

I WANT (no... NEED) MORE!!!!

-t

- Building these sets:
    ------- 1960 Topps Baseball PSA 8+
    ------- 1985 Topps Hockey PSA 9+
  • Options
    The funny thing is that I'm actually really excited to crack some of the less expensive stuff. Sure, the highlights will be the '80 Topps, the '85s, '82s etc. but I loved the '88 Fleer as a kid. In fact, I really like just about all of the Fleer products from the 80s. I sure would be happy to pull a nice Mark Grace Fleer RC. I'm a BoSox fan but the '89 NLCS between the Cubs and the Giants with Grace and Will Clark putting on a clinic was magnificent to watch.

If I could yank a Clemens RC, '87 Donruss Greenwell and a Valenzuela RC I'd be real happy. image

Sick, I know.

Arthur
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    when do the packs go out??

Loth
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    hello? when is the approximate pack ship date? thanks!

Loth
  • Options
    well loth
    I have them ready to go if the 81 fleer box dont show up tommorrow i will start shipping out and mail the 81 fleer pack later. since we are starting with 89 and working down this should work, though i am a little upset with dave and adams card world i have been emailing and calling since friday trying to get a tracking number from them with no luck. oh well.
    so either way they will go out tuesday and hopefully we will be ripping by this weekend.
    regards
    gary
  • Options

<< <i>If I could yank a Clemens RC, '87 Donruss Greenwell and a Valenzuela RC I'd be real happy. image

Sick, I know.

Arthur >>

I've actually got a couple of autographed cards of his ('87 Topps & Donruss, if I remember right) from Greenwell. I attended a show where it was Raphael Palmeiro and Mike Greenwell signing autographs back in the late 80s. That '87 Donruss Greenwell was one of my favorite of the set as well!

We're all sick.

By the way, please forward all '84 Donruss cards that are unwanted to me! image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    I have nothing to rip................hense I have ripped my pants.........image
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options

<< <i>I have nothing to rip................hense I have ripped my pants......... >>

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

<< <i>I have nothing to rip................hense I have ripped my pants.........image >>

Any good pulls?

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)
  • Options
    << I have nothing to rip................hense I have ripped my pants......... >>

<<Any good pulls?>>

scans of the pulls?

• Options
    I think it may be trimmed. image
    Registery Sets

1966 Topps Baseball #18 200ish to go
    Ken Griffey Master #2 too many at this point to go
  • Options
    Does not meet minimum size requirement!!
  • Options
    Altered or questionable authenticityimage
  • Options
    Okay. Everyone was thinking it and a bunch of you had to say it. image

Arny, unless I pull a major star or Red Sox my entire pack will go to you (no matter how gem mint they are image)

80sJunkie, if you need to ship and then re-ship after you get the '81 Fleer just let me know what the additional s/h costs will be and I'll gladly fork it over. I already feel as though I'm getting these packs for a deal so a few extra bucks are meaningless. Thanks for doing the legwork.

Arthur

PS. Go see THE DEPARTED (I've already seen it 3 times and I'm going at least once Mon, Tue and Wed image)

Edited to add: No, I didn't work on it or have any affiliation with it. The residuals will not go to me. It's just that good.
  • Options
    Update shiped out everyones packs today. Only missing the 81 fleer pack. Seems there was a bad storm in new york and da cardworld is temp shut down so so as that box arrives i'll get that out.

The Rip Schedual. Well I'm hoping everyone gets there cards by this weekend. I figured we can start of sunday with a bang and open all the 89 stuff. Then each weekend we could do Fleer on Fridays Donruss on Saturdays and Topps (Score and Mystery Packs) Sundays
    How does this sound

imageimage
  • Options
    Ahem. image Mystery packs? Do tell.

Now I definitely have to place an order with BBCE (see my thread). There's no way I can sit and look at all those packs without something else to rip.

80sJunkie, that schedule sounds fine. I also wouldn't be opposed to breaking it up throughout the course of a week so I don't have to wait until the weekend. image

Also, I'm PayPaling you a couple extra bucks for the re-ship. I don't want to hear any crappola about it not being necessary or nothing either. No matter how small and cheap the package will be it still adds up over 36 people. So either post the added s/h total or I'll just guess.

Thanks again for hooking this up 80s. image

Arthur
  • Options
    Sa-weeeeeeeet.

Can't wait.

And I am on board with Xanadu for the couple extra $$$.
    My LSU Autographs

• Options
    Me too. No sense in throwing away your good hard earned cash on the likes of me.image

No, seriously I'll chip a couple bucks your way to defray the extra shipping and YOUR TIME!!!!
    Registery Sets

1966 Topps Baseball #18 200ish to go
    Ken Griffey Master #2 too many at this point to go
  • Options
    Ok art you twistin my arm with bubble mailer it will only be a buck to ship the pack. I just feel bad I didn't have all the boxes at once. Though this waiting almost 2 weeks for a single box i think da cardworld is on my not so great listimage
  • Options
    Bullcrap. It'll cost you at least $0.70 to ship and the bubble mailer (if you're Mail Boxes Etc. is anything like mine) will run you about $0.80. I'm PayPaling $2. After PayPal takes their $1.45 out of it you'll still be in the hole. image

Arthur
  • Options
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my packs today! Am I the first?

By the way, Gary you can keep my '81 Fleer pack. It will cost more to ship it than it's worth. This offer is made on one condition, you let me know what I would have pulled! image
  • Options
    It's ok gem I will make sure you get your 81 fleer pack. I started this rip and i will make sure everyone gets every pack. Art (we love you man) just dont take no for an answer. Soon as i get the 81 fleer box from da card world i will get them out. plus when i figured in shipping some cost more some cost less so theres still enough in the shipping pool to mail out all the 81 fleer packs so dont worry.
  • Options
    Woohoo! My packs arrived today image

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    The EAGLE HAS LANDED!!!
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    WTF!!!!

There is no 1981 Fleer pack, you thief!!!

EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    ranarana Posts: 242
    I got my goldmine of packs today as well. It is going to be very difficult to part with the Michigan test pack and the 89 loose-cello, since I need those for my collection. image Thanks for all of your efforts and care in packaging.
  • Options

<< <i>I got my goldmine of packs today as well. It is going to be very difficult to part with the Michigan test pack and the 89 loose-cello, since I need those for my collection. image Thanks for all of your efforts and care in packaging. >>

So don't bust them. There are no rules that MUST be adhered to. Just don't come and show your 1980 results tomorrow. I don't think anyone would care if you put those aside.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    what do I do. I leave for Hawaii on the 11/11. Do I rip them before I leave? Do I wait until after?? I hope there will be something nice waiting for me at the PO tonight!!!
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    heck no im not opening my 83 or 89 either they are going in my pack collection as well. Of course if no one pulls the gwynn or sandberg out of 83 i may be orced to open my packimage