• Options

WANTED:
    T206 PSA 4's
    PSA 10 Bill Freehan (any year)
    E-mail: stevekammeyer (at) gmail.com

Detroit Tigers for LIFE!!
  • Options
    Nice additions, they look great!!
    The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound...That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

-t206
    -e90-1
    -e95
    -m116
  • Options
    paleocardspaleocards Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice additions, fellas! My first Tolstoi:

• Options
    thanks pit!!

holy smokes thats a BEAUTIFUL card paleo. im jealous image
    WANTED:
    T206 PSA 4's

• Options
    That is a beauty, congrats paleo!!
    The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound...That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

-t206
    -e90-1
    -e95
    -m116
  • Options
    Mail haul today.

-t206
    -e90-1
    -e95
    -m116
  • Options
    Beauties, Pit -- great color and centering!
  • Options
    Thank you sir. image

-t206
    -e90-1
    -e95
    -m116
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Mail haul today.

image >>

Those cards present VERY WELL with the centering just awesome . Very nice pickup---- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    Thank you Sonny! Centering and color are the 2 areas Im concentrating on.

-t206
    -e90-1
    -e95
    -m116
  • Options
    VERY nice pit!! superb!!

i better get on my horse and get more ordered image

i'm still recovering from the american league central party last night image GO TIGERS!!
    WANTED:
    T206 PSA 4's

• Options
    LOL, Indeed...Go TIGERS!!!! Thank you Steve!! Im loving this small set Im doing.
    '

Im Jeff from NY...upstate NY.

-t206
    -e90-1
    -e95
    -m116
  • Options

<< <i>LOL, Indeed...Go TIGERS!!!! Thank you Steve!! Im loving this small set Im doing.
    '

Im Jeff from NY...upstate NY. >>

VERY nice to meet ya jeff. upstate? isnt that getting close to cooperstown-land image
    ive never been ..... but its on my bucket list and i swear ill cry like a baby when i walk into "the hall"
    WANTED:
    T206 PSA 4's

• Options
    Yes sir, Binghamton area. About 45mins to 1 hr. from Cooperstown.
    PLMK when you do plan a trip, I always love to drive out there.

-t206
    -e90-1
    -e95
    -m116
  • Options
    TGIF!!!

-t206
    -e90-1
    -e95
    -m116
  • Options

<< <i>TGIF!!! >>

AMEN to that!!

any new cards anyone?? keep them scans/pics coming!!

this thread is better than any art gallery!!

you see this one pit?? 510/524
    WANTED:
    T206 PSA 4's

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>TGIF!!! >>

AMEN to that!!

any new cards anyone?? keep them scans/pics coming!!

this thread is better than any art gallery!!

you see this one pit?? 510/524 >>

Wow! That is awesome!!

-t206
    -e90-1
    -e95
    -m116
  • Options
    boom-chica-bow-wow

just picked up that psa 4 bill chappelle from ebay
    and the tigers won the first game of the playoffs!! GOOD DAY!!
    WANTED:
    T206 PSA 4's

• Options
    Anyone pick up anything from the bay last night. I did NOT, got outbid on about 5 cards.

-t206
    -e90-1
    -e95
    -m116
  • Options
    Just picked up a few books for reference, for t206 and other cards.
    1. T206 The players and thier stories.
    2. Standard Catalog of Vintage Baseball Cards

Cant wait to get them.

-t206
    -e90-1
    -e95
    -m116
  • Options

<< <i>Anyone pick up anything from the bay last night. I did NOT, got outbid on about 5 cards. >>

lol, bad luck there!!
    no, it wasn't me. i have been pretty busy and havent picked any up since that chappelle a few days ago. i should have it in a couple days and ill make sure to post pics!

sounds like a good find on those books. id be very interested. might have to look them up. thanks for the knowledge!
    WANTED:
    T206 PSA 4's

• Options
    Hi Steve! From what Ive read/heard, the T206 book is a must. Not only for t206 collectors, but baseball fans also.

The Standard Catalog of Vintage Baseball cards covers sets/checklists from 1880's to 1980. A great reference guide.

I will take a few pics of the T206 book and show you what It contains, when it arrives.

Have a great weekend, and good luck if your "locked" in on any auctions ending this weekend.

-t206
    -e90-1
    -e95
    -m116
  • Options
    ABellPharmDABellPharmD Posts: 181 ✭✭✭
    I recently got the T206 book and found it makes the set even more enjoyable. It's tough to know the story about the regulars in MLB today, let alone 100 years ago. The book really provides a backstory for each of the players and has helped me to learn a lot about the players in this set.
    I collect Cal Ripken cards, T206, E95, E210, R319.
  • Options
    Ive heard nothing but good things about the book. Welcome to the forums, and best of luck collecting.

-t206
    -e90-1
    -e95
    -m116
  • Options
    You guys may be interested in this page. http://t206resource.com/Publications.html
  • Options
    I have that site marked. Some great info.

-t206
    -e90-1
    -e95
    -m116
  • Options

<< <i>I recently got the T206 book and found it makes the set even more enjoyable. It's tough to know the story about the regulars in MLB today, let alone 100 years ago. The book really provides a backstory for each of the players and has helped me to learn a lot about the players in this set. >>

welcome to the forums!!
    WANTED:
    T206 PSA 4's

• Options
    im slowly moving up the set registry!! image

hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!!

im going to surf ebay and find these books dangit!!

WANTED:
    T206 PSA 4's

• Options
    Nice p/up Steve!! Check AMAZON for the books.image

-t206
    -e90-1
    -e95
    -m116
  • Options
    Recently picked up this McGraw. Thought I'd share with the group. Happy collecting!

• Options
    Nice p/up ABell. I still need that for my set.

-t206
    -e90-1
    -e95
    -m116
  • Options
    Well I picked up my first t206 this weekend thanks to the inspiration from this thread. I cant wait to receive it in the mail! I loved looking through here at all the great pictures!
    Hello, I'm currently working on a 1950 bowman baseball set. Also collect Cincinnati Reds cards and rookies.
  • Options
    Picked up a lot of 30 from a local collector. image Below are a few extra's.

I have these if anyone is interested:
    Roger Bresnahan portrait psa-4 HoF
    Clark Griffith portrait psa-4 HoF
    Eddie Collins portrait psa-4 HoF
    Jimmy Collins portrait psa4.5 HoF

-t206
    -e90-1
    -e95
    -m116
  • Options
    welcome to the club ah1115!!!
    sorry, i have been "gone" for awhile. dang d.u.i. a month ago and i had to go pay my debt to society image

<< <i>Picked up a lot of 30 from a local collector. image Below are a few extra's.

I have these if anyone is interested:
    Roger Bresnahan portrait psa-4 HoF
    Clark Griffith portrait psa-4 HoF
    Eddie Collins portrait psa-4 HoF
    Jimmy Collins portrait psa4.5 HoF >>

uhhhhhh, my hand is raised image

PLEASE email me at the addy in my signature Jeff, lets get something worked out!
    WANTED:
    T206 PSA 4's

• Options
    Thank you!im just basically buying Cincinnati Reds lol
    Hello, I'm currently working on a 1950 bowman baseball set. Also collect Cincinnati Reds cards and rookies.
  • Options
    i'll be in touch VERY soon pit. i went to detroit last night and sat through 10 innings in 41° weather and a constant rain drizzle just to see my tigers go down and the giants celebrate on our mound. i think i'm gonna need a T-206 fix to cheer me up!!!
    WANTED:
    T206 PSA 4's

• Options
    Steve, I too was wanting the Tigers. Tough sereis to watch. Ah well...

I did a trade/cash deal for the lot of extra's. The guy that I traded with may have them available here or ebay. I dont think he is intending on keeping them as they are extras for him I believe.

-t206
    -e90-1
    -e95
    -m116
  • Options
    totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 928 ✭✭✭
    Is it pretty hard to find raw cards of t206? i usually buy all my cards raw and send them in. i'll be in Chicago for the Sun Times show in two weekends and might pick up a few cards if the price is right.

What's the price difference raw vs graded? i'm looking at low-end. 1's or 2's maybe a 3 at the very most if it's in budget. Basing everything off the image, not so much the corners or centering.

This thread is very inspiring, and its something I may start toying with.

Thanks!
  • Options

<< <i>Is it pretty hard to find raw cards of t206? i usually buy all my cards raw and send them in. i'll be in Chicago for the Sun Times show in two weekends and might pick up a few cards if the price is right.

What's the price difference raw vs graded? i'm looking at low-end. 1's or 2's maybe a 3 at the very most if it's in budget. Basing everything off the image, not so much the corners or centering.

This thread is very inspiring, and its something I may start toying with.

Thanks! >>

You'll find that t206 cards are pretty plentiful. I can't comment specifically to the Sun Times show. I have found that there are often lots of raw cards available via the major auction houses. When you're dealing with such low grade, there isn't much of a cost difference. Cost comes in to play on the higher graded items. Good luck!
  • Options
    Finally got my cards all scanned in. Thought I'd post a link if people were bored and wanted to see what this thread has inspired, thus far.

Link to T206 slideshow
  • Options
    Very nice ABellPharmD!!!!

-t206
    -e90-1
    -e95
    -m116
  • Options
    I have a few extra items if anyone is interested. I ordered these new and found them at local bookstore for 25, and 20. I have 2 copies of each now.

The T206 Collection: The Players & Their Stories-Zappala [NEW]
    Standard Catalog of Vintage Baseball Cards-Lemke[NEW]

Both copies are NEW, and a must for vintage/T206 collectors.

25.00 dlvd each.
    45.00 dlvd for both.

-t206
    -e90-1
    -e95
    -m116
  • Options
    Here's my newest addition. This really looks sharp/christmas-like with the green and the red. The image is just slightly off, which almost gives him a 3D quality on the card, which I kinda like.

• Options
    So my birthday is today and my wife had this for me. I am geeking out right now.

• Options
    Happy "belated" Birthday!!! Super card!! What a great gift!!!image

-t206
    -e90-1
    -e95
    -m116
  • Options
    Wow, that's a great b-day gift from a wife that really knows how to shop!

Here's my latest, and my first EPDG:

• Options
    Yeah, my wife is pretty awesome. Needless to say, she's getting pretty much every odd job done around the house right now.

Your EPDG is sharp. Still waiting to get my first EPDG. It's a sharp looking back. I get so tired of the Piedmont add, it's just boring. This on the other hand reminds me of the Dos Equis commercials. I don't always smoke cigarettes, but when I do, it's El Principe De Gales. Get emphysema, my friend.
  • Options
    Beauty Chesbro, congrats!!!!

I have 1 hardback t206 book left. 25.00 dlvd if anyone wants.

Awesome book if you dont have it.

-t206
    -e90-1
    -e95
    -m116
  • Options
    That Chesbro is a beautiful card. What a great gift.