Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

The Official Anything "T-206 Thread"

Comments

• Options
    ABellPharmDABellPharmD Posts: 181 ✭✭✭
    Another new addition.

I collect Cal Ripken cards, T206, E95, E210, R319.
  • Options
    Great looking Tolstoi
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    nice stuff i havent bought any for my collection great to see your additions
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    Here's some more eye candy for anyone interested in t206.

• Options
    Morning!!
    Looking to buy some portraits. Anyone selling? image
    The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound...That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

-t206
    -e90-1
    -e95
    -m116
  • Options
    Picked up:
    Chief Bender Portrait psa-4
    Christy Mathewson Portrait sgc-40

Will get some pics up as soon as they arrive.

Still looking to buy portraits!!
    The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound...That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

-t206
    -e90-1
    -e95
    -m116
  • Options
    Ray I cannot even begin how infectious your passion for card collecting is. As someone who began collecting back in 1982, I am someone who appreciates card collecting a lot. I felt that your post is all "Can" and not "Can't". As a collector with a limited income, I intend to do whatever I can to build "The DiCaprio Sports Card Player Type Collection". There will be as many T-206's in the collection as possible. To me the PSA grade doesn't matter, but the fact of having the card does. I look forward to building my PSA collection especially with T-206 cards since they forever changed the course of the hobby. Good luck with your collection! Once again, your post was a very inspirational one!

Tom
    Collecting one PSA graded card per player for each sport (Rookies preferred), Topps base sets/inserts, New York Mets and Brooklyn Dodgers cards, Mike Trout, Bryce Harper, Stephen Strassburg, MIguel Cabrera and Paul Konerko cards.
  • Options
    Hi Tom, welcome!! Best of luck in your search.

Jeff

-t206
    -e90-1
    -e95
    -m116
  • Options
    FYI- it looks as if they did a data update this weekend and all of my T206 Old Mill SL disappeared from my SL- Basic and T206 Basic sets. I sent customer service an email as it claims the certs are inelligible for the T206 basic set. All T206 Unknowns are still listed in both my main set and SL subset. I reported Coles, Kiernan, and Mullaney already. You may want to check your set in the registry if this effects you.
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>FYI- it looks as if they did a data update this weekend and all of my T206 Old Mill SL disappeared from my SL- Basic and T206 Basic sets. I sent customer service an email as it claims the certs are inelligible for the T206 basic set. All T206 Unknowns are still listed in both my main set and SL subset. I reported Coles, Kiernan, and Mullaney already. You may want to check your set in the registry if this effects you. >>

Thanks for the heads up!

14 of my 17 southern leaguers disappeared from my sets because of thisimage

Steve
  • Options
    DerekDDerekD Posts: 388 ✭✭

<< <i>FYI- it looks as if they did a data update this weekend and all of my T206 Old Mill SL disappeared from my SL- Basic and T206 Basic sets. I sent customer service an email as it claims the certs are inelligible for the T206 basic set. All T206 Unknowns are still listed in both my main set and SL subset. I reported Coles, Kiernan, and Mullaney already. You may want to check your set in the registry if this effects you. >>

I saw the same thing in my T206 Basic set. It did let me add a number of them back today. The three I am still having problems with are Britenstein, Carey and Foley White. I get the same error when I try to submit them. I'll send them an email on those.

Edited to add they fell out of the "The Big Three" set as well. Oh fun.
  • Options
    I just wanted to publicly announce that I've hit 100 T206s. It feels like I've conquered a lot while I'm really only 19% of the way there. Yeah me!!! Self High Five.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Hi Guys, I only have ONE t206 and I cant wait to show it off! I have many more endeavors at the moment so I am

looking to trade for substantial auto'd 52 topps, or auto 55 topps J. robinson/hodges or anything else I would think of as GLORIOUS

• Options
    That's a great T206 auto. For only having 1, that's an awesome way to do it!

<< <i>Hi Guys, I only have ONE t206 and I cant wait to show it off! I have many more endeavors at the moment so I am

looking to trade for substantial auto'd 52 topps, or auto 55 topps J. robinson/hodges or anything else I would think of as GLORIOUS

image >>

• Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    This is just a great thread i always enjoy reading it.
  • Options
    Another back to cross off of my want list!

• Options
    BUYing HoF portraits:
    psa-3^
    sgc/40^

-t206
    -e90-1
    -e95
    -m116
  • Options
    My latest HOF

• Options
    ToneDToneD Posts: 281 ✭✭✭
    Nice Collins with a cool back. Congrats! image
  • Options
    Thanks ToneD!

I am pretty happy about the Collins. I have slowed down a bit in my accumulation of T206s by looking at some of the harder backs. My goal is to get at least one card in each kind of back/factory combination. There is such a high premium on some of the backs right now. Who knows if that will always be the case, but my thought is that if I can get a non traditional back in a HOFer now, it could pay off down the road. The pop report has this as the second highest Collins AB, but you know there have to be some in unknown holders and non-graded. Slowing down to like 1 or 2 cards a month have helped me better enjoy the cards when they arrive too. Don't get me wrong, I look through ALL of my T206s about once every week or two, but it's become more about enjoying the journey through the Monster than just completing the Monster. Choosing to build this set has been the best choice I've made in this hobby. It's opened my eyes to not only T206, but I've learned a lot about baseball's history as well.
  • Options
    The Collins looks very nice.
  • Options
    Just checked a new back off the list. There is some curved printing from the border of the next back on the left edge of the card, so I guess I can say this is my first T206 oddity.It's over graded for sure though. should be a 3, not a 4.

• Options
    It's been a month without any new messages. I've picked up 2 new T206s over the last month. Anyone have any new pickups they'd like to share?
  • Options
    vettfanaticvettfanatic Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It's been a month without any new messages. I've picked up 2 new T206s over the last month. Anyone have any new pickups they'd like to share? >>

Well I've been a long time follower of this thread and love seeing all the nice new additions. I've been reluctant to post pictures of my pitiful collection, but what the heck. These are my only 5 T206's at the moment. They're all low grade with common backs. Hopefully you guys can appreciate some well loved cards.

Jeff

• Options
    Thanks for sharing Jeff. You have a great eye for cards. They may be lower graded, but they all have great color and the images are clear. I really like the Bliss!

<< <i>

<< <i>It's been a month without any new messages. I've picked up 2 new T206s over the last month. Anyone have any new pickups they'd like to share? >>

Well I've been a long time follower of this thread and love seeing all the nice new additions. I've been reluctant to post pictures of my pitiful collection, but what the heck. These are my only 5 T206's at the moment. They're all low grade with common backs. Hopefully you guys can appreciate some well loved cards.

Jeff

image >>

• Options
    I noticed that the graded PSA cards from this set are sometimes wrapped in the plastic baggie things and sometimes they're not. Being fairly inexperienced with the set is there any reason for the 2 different slabs? Maybe some of you veterans can shine some light on this for me. I think they look a lot cleaner without the plastic bag.

Thanks
    Jeff
  • Options
    That E.Collins is a beauty!!!
    Nice looking cards Jeff!! Im not sure what the "baggies" are used for, I dont like the look of them.

Here are a few portraits I picked up this week. image
    [URL=http://s172.photobucket.com/user/EMMITT_2007/media/b215fd71-2536-4547-b293-b49a09685663_zps57c549cb.jpg.html]image[/URL]

-t206
    -e90-1
    -e95
    -m116
  • Options
    Nice portraits pit. Looking at this thread has been giving me the urge to get more t206's. So of course I went and made some spontaneous buys on a few cards. I now have my first HOFer and also my highest graded card in the PSA 3.5 Mordecai Brown portrait. Here's the scans for those who are interested.

Jeff

• Options
    Jeff, I dislike the plastic things as well but I find that they can sometimes be had at a cheaper price.

Pit, Those are some sharp looking portraits. Keep the photos coming!
  • Options
    Thank you Jeff and ABell!!!

Great additions Jeff!!

-t206
    -e90-1
    -e95
    -m116
  • Options
    Looking to buy HoF's if anyone is selling.

-t206
    -e90-1
    -e95
    -m116
  • Options
    I decided to buy a lottery ticket. Has anyone seen the new Historic Autgraphs Originals 1909-1912 set that came out at The National? I decided to change it up a bit and try to open up a nice T206 with matching Cut Auto. There's like a 40% chance of getting a non-T206, but a 20% chance at pulling a HOF auto. I like the rush of opening packs from time to time and figured why not open a box that could have a T206 inside. It's probably the closest I'll get to an unopened pack of Piedmonts. I'll be sure to share the results when it arrives.

Well, it arrived and was pretty exciting to open. The results:

It's no Ty Cobb or Cy Young, but it is the first auto I have from a player from that era. It's def overpriced because the card was trimmed, but if you hit ona HOF auto, you might have something. Either way, it was a rush to open and the way it's packaged, you can do a real slow reveal to increase the anticipation.
  • Options
    Just added a few more T206 to my collection. Here's some photos.

• Options
    Some recent additions

• Options
    paleocardspaleocards Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice additions ABell! Love the 3-Finger and good scores on the Sovereign 460 and Old Mill minor league backs!

I posted this on the main board at the end of the year, but just in case it should be on this thread too. I've wanted a nice example of this card for two years, since I expanded my HOFer focus to include pre-war. Enjoy!

• Options

<< <i>Nice additions ABell! Love the 3-Finger and good scores on the Sovereign 460 and Old Mill minor league backs!

I posted this on the main board at the end of the year, but just in case it should be on this thread too. I've wanted a nice example of this card for two years, since I expanded my HOFer focus to include pre-war. Enjoy!

image >>

Very nice Cy!
  • Options
    svtPONY95svtPONY95 Posts: 689 ✭✭
    Just picked up my first PSA graded T206 and could not be happier !

I would love to see some more T206 postings.

<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.collectorfocus.com/...tion/svtPONY95/pre-war">Pre war
  • Options
    That's a great Cobb!

Here are some of my recent pick-ups

• Options
    Hard to believe it's been so long since I bumped this thread. Still chugging away at my T206s. Just added a few more. Highlight of the bunch is my new Marquard. Have a few more coming in this week which will get me up to 162 in my set.

• Options
    Super looking T's I just love this thread.
  • Options
    mrhighgrademrhighgrade Posts: 56 ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know why PSA doesn't list Obak in it's price guide?
  • Options
    Nice Marquard ABell! My last T206 pick up, which was a while ago. Getting that itch to add a few more T206's though.

imageimage
  • Options
    paleocardspaleocards Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for reviving the thread, ABell! Nice Rube! And cool Cycle Cy, ToneD.

Here are the four I've picked-up since I last posted in this thread.

From eBay...and the 2014 National:

imageimage

From eBay...and my favorite shop:

imageimage
  • Options
    Super pickups I love the Jennings.
  • Options
    Didn't expect to open my email and see a Cy Young Cycle 460, awesome card!!!
  • Options

Thanks guys! image
  • Options
    Love this thread!
  • Options
    PSA has a great T206 article in this months SMR. Check it out.

T206 Article

And since this is a T206 thread.....

imageimage
  • Options
    Really enjoyed the article on T206 backs in the issue of SMR that arrived this week. While I've paid some attention to the population numbers for the various backs, it's really nice to have it all presented in print form and backed up by additional data beyond PSA pop figures. What do others think?

df

Dave Fanning
    dfanredsfan
  • Options
    The guys who wrote the article are contributors over on net54. The data presented pretty much confirms a lot of the data already on t206resource. I think more people are knowledgable about the backs now than in the past so if you're sitting on a nice stash or rarer backs there is def money to be made. I'd love to own one of each with my t206 set.