Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

The Official Anything "T-206 Thread"

Comments

• Options
    mkg809mkg809 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    I was just checking out the pop report. There are 13 T206 cards that graded 10.
    Wow, I would like to see the scans of those!
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926

<< <i>It really is magical "bliss". >>

Maybe I should name my regisrty set "BLISSful Journey" image

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    well i love the look of this set but i think i will stay with the T-205 set, i already have an ungraded MATHEWSON and i see this set as much more possible for me..well unless someone wants to throw a few COBB'S my way, i am trying to only spend $100 a month...well yeah you do the math.
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    ahhh....i dont need more competition for low grade, but great eye appeal T206's!!!!!

here are more just acquired. thanks to wabbitwax for the first three!

• Options
    MajorDanby those are some nice looking card's! I am guessing they are 1's due to paper loss on the back?

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    i am sooo tempted to buy into this set but the prices are killers for me...though i have considerd getting some of the HOF cards does anyone know how i can get reasonbly priced HOF cards with layaway plans?
    my t-205's

• Options

<< <i>I am guessing they are 1's due to paper loss on the back? >>

yep. the 2's were due to staining.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Nice stuff, guys. Another one I picked up recently...

imageimage
  • Options
    wow that almost looks to be a 5 to me..but what do i know....well i made the big plunge today i bid on 3 cards wish me luck..and does anyone here know where i can get a few COBBS on a layaway plan?
    my t-205's

• Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    gosteelers, I agree, that is a gorgeous PSA 4. I'd resubmit it if I were you. Look at some pictures of PSA 4's from the Set Registry sets and you'll see some 4's that are way,way worse than yours. It looks undergraded unless it has a heavy crease that we can't see.

Majordanby, I saw that you bid on some of those that I had up there. Those are all from a friend of mine and I'm selling them for him. He just sent me another stack of PSA 1's similiar to those that I'll probably run next week. He's gotta be close to running out by now though because I've already sold about 100-150 of them for him.

PSA 1 commons are really weird because they close on ebay for anywhere from $10 up to one that closed for me at $56. People really do judge them by eye appeal rather than the grade.
  • Options
    Thanks for the nice comments on the Schlei. There is a small (very small!) crease on the right hand side a little up from the bottom. Otherwise, it has a lot of eye appeal.

Mark
  • Options
    mkg809mkg809 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    I agree on the Schlei PSA 4. It looks better than the 5 I have.
  • Options
    Great Schlei!

Bliss and 262 - Noticed your sets "new" on the Registry. Best of Luck to you both in your journey.
    RayB
    Never met a Vintage card I didn't like!
  • Options
    Thank you, I look forward to this. I am watching several cards on ebay that end Sunday night, hopefully I will be adding a few more soon.

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    Hi Bunker,

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 last May. Fortunately, we had time for her to adjust to a new life style before she went away to college. With new advances in diabetes treatment, your daughter will live a long and productive life and hopefully, with more research, the disease will be better understood and less invasive to those afflicted with it. My heart goes out to you and daughter.
    On a less serious note, I picked up 44 t206s last weekend. They represent the last half of a 88 card attic find. the cards were actually retrieved from a trashcan because the seller thought that they might be worth something ( his grandfather had thrown them away as they were cleaning out the house). I will try to do a scan of some of the cards. I have to resize and am not really sure how to do it.

Bender, I also have about 15 t205s and 30 t206s I can trade or sell if you are interested. I am #19 on the t205 registry.

Regards everyone, Martin
  • Options
    mafolig - I might also be interested in any nice low grade T206's you might have that I need in my set.
    PM or email me at aja4rayb@msn.com

You should enable your PM capabilities for ease of communication here too, Martin.
    Regards,
    RayB
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Finally updated my site with the pickups of the last 10 days or so. Mainly some fair through vg commons from a small Huggins & Scott win, but also a few eBay wins and this N54 B/S/T acquisition:

A few other highlights:

imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    mafoliq thank you for the kind words and I hope your daughter is adjusting well.

An 88 card attic find?! OMG! How incredible that must have been. Do you have a list of the cards that were found? I would also be interested in some of the cards as well.

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    yawie99 those are some beautiful cards. I hope that my collection turns out that nice!

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    262Runner262Runner Posts: 606 ✭✭✭
    Wabittwax,

I also was a bidder on many of your recent PSA 1's. I only won three however. If you have more to list could you let me know when you will be putting those up?

Thanks for the great cards.

Collecting all cards - Gus Zernial
    Post Cereal both raw and PSA Graded (1961-1963)

• Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    I am working on them tonight and they should start on Tuesday night hopefully.
  • Options
    i will be waiting to see them unless uf cours i win the psa-6 miller huggins..then i will be tapped out for this month...but i will have a great new card.
    my t-205's

• Options
    I will be submitting 25 T-206 cards here in the near future all of which will fall in the 1,2,3,4 range.
    I am curious, of course, to witness the care at which PSA takes to apply the new labeling standards (back designation on the label) to the cards.
    Anybody plan on sending any of their cards to be reholdered/relabeled for PSA's $3 relabeling fee?

RayB
  • Options

<< <i>Anybody plan on sending any of their cards to be reholdered/relabeled for PSA's $3 relabeling fee? >>

I am going to do it after all I only have 2 cards so far lol.

I wasn't able to pick up any more cards Sunday night, I was outbid on every single auction. I need to get a better feel for what they are worth although, In most cases I lost the auction for less than $5.00.

I am also starting to recognize some of the players bidding. In a lot of cases it seems that the same 2-3 guy's are going head to head. I wonder if any of them post here?

Here is a scan of latest purchase. Compare the PSA 1 to the PSA 3. The PSA 1 has a small amount of paper loss but I mean da%.

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    yeah i think someone is carzy....

overpriced you think...
    my t-205's

• Options
    bunker...in my opinion, that psa 3 doesnt even compare to that psa 1. i would take the psa 1 10 times out of 10.
  • Options
    WELL YOU CRAZY PEOPLE NOW GOT ME STARTED..OH HOW WILL I EVER GET THIS ONE FINISHED...LOLimage
    my t-205's

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    I saw a nice cy young bare hand shows Gai 3 for about 800 bucks, I felt it was an OK deal, not a steal
  • Options
    Picked up two of my favorites for about $45 total this week:

• Options
    lamontcarterlamontcarter Posts: 748 ✭✭✭
    I decided to take the plunge and pulled the trigger on my first one tonight. If anybody has any in the PSA 1-3 range for sale shoot me a PM. I prefer a presentable front so I can live with some back damage.

Regards,

Scott

• Options
    Steve - Nice Herzog and Merkle. How many yo up to now?

Scott - Welcome aboard! Go slowly and enjoy the ride! The Davidson looks sweet and is a nice start.

RayB
  • Options
    Many, many thanks and a loud shout out to JoesVintageSportscards for this stunning Cobb Bat On, which completes my 4 card Cobb T-206 subset!

...And a few more recent acquisitions to my T-206 HOF subset as well.

This is where I pinch myself!
    RayB
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Is there another variation of that Mcgraw with a diffrent finger in the air..lol
  • Options
    Those pickups look really nice, Ray. Congrats on finishing the Cobb collection!
  • Options
    Received in the mail today. Polar Bear back...

• Options
    lamontcarterlamontcarter Posts: 748 ✭✭✭
    Ray & Gosteelers
    Beautiful cards!

Regards

Scott
  • Options
    Hello,

I have been following this thread for a while and have about 40 t206 cards so far. I just won an auction on ebay for a psa 1 Christy Mathewson psa1, dark cap, polar bear back. I paid $175.00. Do you guys think that this was a fair price? I'll try to link the auction below:

null
  • Options
    Reggie - Nice Mathewson. I've seen 2's look worse. If it's relatively clean on the back you did ok.
    The Mathewson Dark Cap is one of a handful of HOF'er cards in the set that are in abundance. They rarely go for a large premium (with a common back) but they certainly always garner a lot of attention in any grade because after all; it's Mathewson.
    The bottom line is this; if you are happy with the hammer price then it was a good deal.
    Secondly, even if it were a tad high, the trend line on this set, especially HOF'ers is Higher. So congratulations! A premium today will be a bargain tomorrow.

Quick Matty Dark Cap story. Matty Dark Cap was also one of my first T206 HOF acquisitions. If you revisit my very first post you will read about my magical experience of getting it in my hands for the first time, the goose bumps, the defining moment, the whole thing.
    But the other cool thing about the card was that I won it for a decent price in an eBay auction as well. What is significant though was the seller did not list the back designation on the listing. Turns out that when I got the card in, it had a Tolstoi Back. Not really really rare, but definitely would have commanded a premium if it had been noted. Needless to say I was tickled and still am.

My Matty Dark cap:

RayB
  • Options
    Thanks for the comments Ray!

I'll try to scan some more of my T206's tomorrow and post them here if nobody minds. They are mostly raw with a few graded ones mixed in.
  • Options
    I haven't checked in for a few days...man have I missed some nice cards!

JDRF Donation
  • Options

<< <i>Received in the mail today. Polar Bear back...

image >>

That's another of my favorites. Nice pick-up!
  • Options
    anyone bid on wabbit's auctions?

Here's what i got (really like the o'leary protrait):

• Options
    Major, those are some really nice ones. Is it due to paper loss on the back?
  • Options
    A couple new additions this week. They're just commons but I actually really like miscuts like this Doolan...

...and who doesn't love Carolina Brights backs? This Maddox doubles - doubles! - my CB collection...

• Options
    Steve,
    Great CB. Still looking for my first!
    RayB
  • Options
    Some recent beaters from a couple of weeks ago.
    Added a couple Sovereign's
    My second Wallace. A lot cleaner than my Piedmont. Came out of a SGC 30 slab.
    First horizontal.
    And my first AB.

Great looking 1's MD!
    Nice CB back on the Maddox Steve. Pittsburgh players have some awesome colors on their cards.

• Options
    Good stuff, Ben! I had a few of those tracked and might have even bid on that Phelps. I was happy to see that you won it. For what it's worth, I ended up listing that Konetchy I showed you a while back on eBay tonight. I've just been spending waaaaay too much lately on cards and - gasp! - clothes and shoes.
  • Options
    Thanks Steve,
    I didn't expect to win the Phelps. Thought it would go much higher than $40 something.
    I'm watching your Konetchy, forgot you were trying to sell it on your website. Looks like a really nice card and i could use it.
    Ben

• Options
    Just arrived today. I'll take nicely centered 2's all day long.

• Options
    picked these up last week, the start to a t206 set (small start), looking for portraits to begin with