Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1975 Topps Mini Case Break - GRADES anyone???

Comments

• Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>Hello!
    Guys, we are doing are best. Zef has a job too and he can't make it on certain days. I have been on the road for a week now and am not getting home for another week. People always ask me where I come up with this stuff.....well, we beat the bushes all over the country! I have been all over the east coast, as far as Montreal to the North, and am writing this from a Charlotte hotel. Believe me, I have a 1 year old daughter and I miss her so much being on the road. I wish I was home soon to do this sooner!!! However, that was the best day Zef and I both have to meet up. In fact, once we make this transaction, I am then out to California and west coast spots for a couple of weeks.

We did our best to come together when we both could! Thanks! Steve >>

True that. I was bound by some obligations as well and this was the soonest we both had available. I know its like anticipating Christmas but its really only a few weeks away. And it gives me something to look forward to right until I walk the plankimage

Oh BTW, if you ever see a MrsZef on the board, which I hope it will never come to, please PM me links to all my incriminating evidence so I can edit the s-h-i-t out of them. image

Thanks for chiming in Steve and I look forward to completing the deal!
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭✭
    No rush. Thanks Steve and zef. image
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to Steve and Jordan for putting this together. I'm a-okay waiting for my box to arrive. It allows us all to milk the anticipation a bit longer. image
  • Options

<< <i>Hello!
    Guys, we are doing are best. Zef has a job too and he can't make it on certain days. I have been on the road for a week now and am not getting home for another week. People always ask me where I come up with this stuff.....well, we beat the bushes all over the country! I have been all over the east coast, as far as Montreal to the North, and am writing this from a Charlotte hotel. Believe me, I have a 1 year old daughter and I miss her so much being on the road. I wish I was home soon to do this sooner!!! However, that was the best day Zef and I both have to meet up. In fact, once we make this transaction, I am then out to California and west coast spots for a couple of weeks.

We did our best to come together when we both could! Thanks! Steve >>

Steve, zef and 'junkie,

Thanks for the updates. This IS like waiting for Christmas as a little kid.

I enjoyed reading the article on pack grading in the September SMR -- it got me even more excited for this to happen! Congrats, Steve!
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we may have to do a few busts on this thread in the interim - I've got some stuff coming, but nothing today. Got a nice deal on 8 1974 Topps packs the other night though, should be here this week...Who's got something to crack?

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    So your the one who out bid mike. Oh well nice pick up are you gonna crack em?
  • Options
    Since there is a little bit of a wait I am very tempted to bust these two 75 Topps racks since they are kind of on topic. Still undecided though...

Always looking for interesting Don Mattingly and New York Yankees related items.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be a no brainer for me. I would open one and keep the other sealed.

Hey, the package says $.49. Would you sell one for that? image

Shane

• Options
    dtsadtsa Posts: 235 ✭✭
    on those cellos are they easy to search? can you shuffle the cards to see who they are?can you make out the colors for the brett and yount and take an educated guess? I have been looking at buying some of those but dont want them searched. thanks.

On another not...........is it october yet?
  • Options
    Steve and Zef thanks for all your work and effort putting this together. Hopefully it is the first of many to come.

Good luck beating the bushes for more unopened material.

Peace

Doug
    Trying to complete 1970 psa set.
    45% complete.
  • Options

<< <i>on those cellos are they easy to search? can you shuffle the cards to see who they are?can you make out the colors for the brett and yount and take an educated guess? I have been looking at buying some of those but dont want them searched. thanks.

On another not...........is it october yet? >>

Good question.

Shane

• Options

<< <i>on those cellos are they easy to search? can you shuffle the cards to see who they are?can you make out the colors for the brett and yount and take an educated guess? I have been looking at buying some of those but dont want them searched. thanks.

The cards can be moved around a little but if you tried moving them you would risk damaging the gem that may be hiding inside. I suppose you could use something like a very small pin to move each card individually but that would leave telltale marks. You could make a guess by looking at the team colors but odds are there is a Royals card in almost every pack. Unless you can see the name it does not do much good. There probably is some trick if you want to spend an hour with a magnify glass but as I said you risk damaging the cards. I am very happy with the condition of the cards I get from these packs, much better than cello packs. I opened one so far and ended up with a nice Mantle/Newcombe, Steve Garvey, Reggie Jackson, and Jim Palmer image
    Always looking for interesting Don Mattingly and New York Yankees related items.
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    Are any of the people who bought boxes going to rip the whole box? If so, I may be interested in purchasing the empty wax box if reasonable. I am not sure what they go for though. In about 5 months, when the house I am having renovated is done, I am going to have my own sports room. I have not had that since I was single living at home. I am not sure how I will be displaying any of my items but I think a nice little pyrmid of 6 of these boxes would be nice on a shelf or something. Please PM me if you are interested.

I cannot wait to rip those 6 packs!

Thanks,

Bob
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Are any of the people who bought boxes going to rip the whole box? If so, I may be interested in purchasing the empty wax box if reasonable. I am not sure what they go for though. In about 5 months, when the house I am having renovated is done, I am going to have my own sports room. I have not had that since I was single living at home. I am not sure how I will be displaying any of my items but I think a nice little pyrmid of 6 of these boxes would be nice on a shelf or something. Please PM me if you are interested.

I cannot wait to rip those 6 packs!

Thanks,

Bob >>

I will rip some but probably not the whole box. I will definitely save at least one pack. One recommendation, how about installing a glass counter display like the old five and dime store and load it up with vintage packs and empty boxes? It's not something many wives would go for that but I always thought that would make for a cool display.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    on those cellos are they easy to search? can you shuffle the cards to see who they are?can you make out the colors for the brett and yount and take an educated guess? I have been looking at buying some of those but dont want them searched. thanks.

Racks from this era of the 1970s are virtually impossible to search as the cellophane was much thicker then and there is much less movement of the cards than in post-1978 racks when Topps changed their production methods for rack packs. Authentic 1975 rack packs are also the only racks from the 70s that have the header card on the right side of the rack. All the other years, the header is on the left side of the rack. I've seen some fakes pop up for sale on ebay every now and then with the header card on the wrong side.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭✭
    Silly me - in thinking about the packs, I forgot all about the odd boxes left over! Well, for those who find themselves with an empty box and don't desire it, or if there are "unclaimed" empty '75 mini boxes after all the flurry, I'd not mind buyin' one.
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>
    Oh BTW, if you ever see a MrsZef on the board, which I hope it will never come to, please PM me links to all my incriminating evidence so I can edit the s-h-i-t out of them. image

>>

• Options

<< <i>I think we may have to do a few busts on this thread in the interim - I've got some stuff coming, but nothing today. Got a nice deal on 8 1974 Topps packs the other night though, should be here this week...Who's got something to crack?
    >>

I got this '86Leaf box today. I need a Kirby card to grade. Should I or shouldn't I?? image

• Options

I used to collect unopened for a short while and there is a ebay group that has a large percentage of advanced collectors. I think it was named vintage wax or similar. If I remember right they said they have collation patterns just like the 89 Fleers I know so well. Is this correct? I can point someone to them if wanted.
    Donovan
    imageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I think we may have to do a few busts on this thread in the interim - I've got some stuff coming, but nothing today. Got a nice deal on 8 1974 Topps packs the other night though, should be here this week...Who's got something to crack?
    >>

I got this '86Leaf box today. I need a Kirby card to grade. Should I or shouldn't I?? image

image >>

Mike-

I ripped a wax box of 86 Leaf a few months ago. If you think these Puckett's are better than what you pulled, LMK and they are yours.

EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>Mike-

I ripped a wax box of 86 Leaf a few months ago. If you think these Puckett's are better than what you pulled, LMK and they are yours.

image >>

Great! I'll keep that in mind...
  • Options
    Somebody bust something!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    i've just finished busting an 85t football rack box and 81t baseball rack box. man, these busts can get overwhelming...

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options

<< <i>Somebody bust something! >>

I busted a nut, awalnut yum!
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Way to go, Zef!

And to the cheapskate who backed out, I want to personally say THANK YOU!!!

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Only 14 days till we bust the caseimage
  • Options
    12 days until case break day.

Shane

• Options
    Well, I guess this is why I should keep an eye on the message boards........I'm away from them for just a short time and I miss out on all the excitement regarding this 75 Topps Mini Case Break! image

I'm certainly looking forward to hearing news of what comes of this break. Best of Luck to all who were lucky enough to be a part of this image
  • Options
    is it october yet?
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    A GAI 9 pack just went for $68.88 delivered.

A lesser pack is lagging below $30.

Makes it more difficult to know whether or not to
    bust the packs or get them graded.

storm image
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going by THAT particular hammer price its a wash if all packs are graded a 9 when fees are figured in. Looks like its a BUST image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    bust, bust, bust...

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    7 days until mini heaven !!!! image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    3days till I leave and head to the breakimage
  • Options
    Picked up a 75 mini unopened ungraded pack on the bay for $25. Hopefully unsearched, I'll let you know how it turns out, hopefully will be busting this week.

Peace
    Trying to complete 1970 psa set.
    45% complete.
  • Options
    Getting close!!!!!!!

To my wedding too, image
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    librtyheadlibrtyhead Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭
    I gotta fever......and the only cure is.......................a mini case break!image
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    can't wait for the vintage packs.....is there gum still in them??? I've never opened a mini pack. Hopefully they will be on there way soon.....

al.
  • Options
    are we there yet?

I just like this one on the top of the boards!
  • Options
    ok i made it to chicago is it the 4th yet I wanna break that case. By the way anyone know any good card shops to check out in the area. Besides steves wherehouse of courseimage
  • Options
    I thought the case break was on the 2nd?

Shane

• Options

<< <i>ok i made it to chicago is it the 4th yet I wanna break that case. By the way anyone know any good card shops to check out in the area. Besides steves wherehouse of courseimage >>

Did you travel JUST for this 80's? Wish I was there image

• Options
    <<Did you travel JUST for this 80's? Wish I was there image>>

Well it started that way but turned into a cross country buying trip. Bought a nice 79 and 80 topps baseball sealed wax case in utah yesterday bought a sealed 84 topps football wax case in nebraska 2day . Going to detour over to indianapolis tommorrow to see a guy about some late 70's football wax cases. So this is turning out to be a good trip.All because of Zef and this damnn 75 casebreakimage

oh yeah and the most important part of the trip only 3 days till we break that 75 case woo hooimage
  • Options
    IS good to be you image

Enjoy!

• Options
    80sJunkie, are you just going to sit around one weekend and break all that? image

Just kidding. Now THAT would make for an interesting thread. image

Arthur
  • Options
    to late arthur got bored in the hotel and just ripped a box of 84 football. wish i had a scanner the marino looks like a strong 9 maybe 10 wish i had a scanner here to shareimage

the baseball cases are staying sealed going in my wax collection
  • Options
    What a tease. image

You realize you can get a printer/copier/scanner at Taregt for $50, right? I say there's a 24-hour Target around there somewhere. image

Arthur
  • Options
    no Arthur I'm being teased. I know that 75 case is sitting a few miles away in Steves wherehouse and i still have to wait till the 4th to go rip it openimage
  • Options
    At least you have some nuggets to tide you over. If I want to rip something it's gotta be an '88 Donruss cello pack. image

• Options
    80's Junkie:

This is the only one that I go to:

Graf Baseball Card Company
    (773) 594-1925
    5754 N Milwaukee Ave
    Chicago, IL 60646

Pretty nice raw stuff, decent unopened, a good mix of vintage & modern.
    Mike
    Bosox1976