Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1975 Topps Mini Case Break - GRADES anyone???

Comments

• Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    screw that. we call upper deck, sell the 9.5 psa-rated vintage case box and they would most likely chop it up into a series of "game-used" schwag.

Julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    Zef:

Are you getting the itch to go bust a case?

I wish I could be there. Should be lots of fun.

Peace

"Boog Powell was God"
    Trying to complete 1970 psa set.
    45% complete.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the 3 'non-payees' feel any pressure from the rest of us...image

Edited to say: ...And then there were 2!
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    paid paypal.. sorry for delay image
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>paid paypal.. sorry for delay image >>

No problem,

We are down to 2 payments left. mnolan has his MO in the mail and arlea will paypal me tomorrow.

I e-mailed Steve about his availablity for the break and haven't heard back yet. I'll keep you informed.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    Props to Zef, thanks for all your hard work.

You are the MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace

Doug
    45% complete.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any news on getting press coverage for this? I'm sure they'd need a bit of an advanced notice to run the story. I'm sure Beckett and SCD would be interested as well as SMR since many of these cards will likely end up in PSA holders. image

Perhaps someone from the press would be interested in being present to photograph when the case is broken and shipped out. This may be the first of it's kind message forum community case break. Although we're not talking about breaking 1952 Topps boxes, I think the uniqueness of it and the relatively large cumulative investment would make it newsworthy. This could also be a trend where collector communities get together to pool their resources to purchase and break larger lots of cards, packs, etc.
  • Options
    I've been trying to get press for this since the thread started. Beckett finnaly got back to me and said email them pictures when it happens and they will think about it. Smr and scd never got back to me. But if a bunch of us emailed them they might think harder. One guy emailing them is a tuff sell. I think some good press would be good for steve harts buisness and he might work with us on future case breaks too
  • Options
    I sent an email off to Joe to get it placed in the SMR. I'll let you know when I hear back.
  • Options
    librtyheadlibrtyhead Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭
    The balls!................................image...........good luck zef on your wedding,things will never be the same!image
  • Options
    TomTimTomTim Posts: 152 ✭✭✭
    What are you guys going to do when they pop open the case and it's full of 1988 topps commons?

• Options
    librtyheadlibrtyhead Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What are you guys going to do when they pop open the case and it's full of 1988 topps commons?

image >>

..................................we are men
    we can change
    if we have to
    I guess........................................S.T.F.U.................................image
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>What are you guys going to do when they pop open the case and it's full of 1988 topps commons?

image >>

That's why I am going to the opening! I'll grab the check back from Steve Hart and run like hell image
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    image <<That's why I am going to the opening! I'll grab the check back from Steve Hart and run like hell >>
  • Options
    RipkenRipken Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Any news on getting press coverage for this? I'm sure they'd need a bit of an advanced notice to run the story. I'm sure Beckett and SCD would be interested as well as SMR since many of these cards will likely end up in PSA holders. >>

Hey..what are we here..chopped liver? SportsCollectorsDaily.com ran the first and only story on this about 2 weeks ago. It was sent on by us to another national on-line news outlet which picked it up. In all, your story has been read by a pretty large number of people. We'll put another story up the day after you get the case...complete with photo section if someone will e-mail a few pix.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Any news on getting press coverage for this? I'm sure they'd need a bit of an advanced notice to run the story. I'm sure Beckett and SCD would be interested as well as SMR since many of these cards will likely end up in PSA holders. >>

Hey..what are we here..chopped liver? SportsCollectorsDaily.com ran the first and only story on this about 2 weeks ago. It was sent on by us to another national on-line news outlet which picked it up. In all, your story has been read by a pretty large number of people. We'll put another story up the day after you get the case...complete with photo section if someone will e-mail a few pix. >>

No offense meant. I'm hoping to get it placed in some major print media.
  • Options
    Hey ripken
    do you have a link to the articles that already ran?
  • Options
    I hope the case isn't infested with bugs and/or small mammals that have eaten the gum and cards from the inside out.
  • Options
    <<I hope the case isn't infested with bugs and/or small mammals that have eaten the gum and cards from the inside out. >>image

Boy everybody wants to rain on our parade now.

• Options

<< <i>I hope the case isn't infested with bugs and/or small mammals that have eaten the gum and cards from the inside out. >>

What the??? You have been a member here for over a year. You hardly ever post and when you do this is what you decide to say? Are you jealous or just a bring everyone down kind of guy? I know I am the new guy here but boo on you brother.
    Always looking for interesting Don Mattingly and New York Yankees related items.
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    i busted an unopened case of 1980 topps rack packs last xmas and there were dead bugs and roaches inside the rack pack boxes, but the packs were untampered.

Julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    We are not buying the case from crook kards image so there shouldn't be any rat chit or roaches in the case
  • Options

<< <i>We are not buying the case from crook kards image so there shouldn't be any rat chit or roaches in the case >>

You are a funny Kruk image
    Always looking for interesting Don Mattingly and New York Yankees related items.
  • Options
    RipkenRipken Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey ripken
    do you have a link to the articles that already ran? >>

Here's the updated one from our site: 1975 Wax Co-Op

• Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Hey ripken
    do you have a link to the articles that already ran? >>

Here's the updated one from our site: 1975 Wax Co-Op >>

"A group of mostly average collectors"...What's that supposed to mean??? image
  • Options
    image Almost time
  • Options
    I'm just kidding around. I'd love to be in on it; but these are the kinds of things that would haunt me until I actually received the packs. I just hope Topps didn't actually fill the case with Planet of the Apes packs.

• Options
    dtsadtsa Posts: 235 ✭✭
    are we there yet?
  • Options
    I just sent my funds so I guess we are almost there... wow looking for to this even if I am mainly a coin collector

There is nothing more powerful than the power of goodbye
  • Options
    dtsadtsa Posts: 235 ✭✭
    did you use paypal? if you did, shouldn't all the money be there?whos ripping and whose slabbing?
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    im ripping!!!
  • Options
    RIPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace
    45% complete.
  • Options
    Slabbing packs, ripping packs and slabbing cards! And slobbering over the whole lot...image
  • Options
    <<Slabbing packs, ripping packs and slabbing cards! And slobbering over the whole lot... image>>

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rip & Slab. No pack grading here.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ripping 5 and keeping 1 - that is, unless the 5 that I rip is nothing but crap. Then, I might have to rip the 6th one.

Shane

• Options
    I am going to keep them for awile and see how you guys do....then probably rip at least a couple.
    Buying Vintage Boxing...especially T218 and T220..email if you have cards you would like to sell.
  • Options
    I'm having withdrawels i need to rip somethingimage Debating on ripping some 78 packs to get my fix
  • Options

<< <i>I'm having withdrawels i need to rip somethingimage Debating on ripping some 78 packs to get my fix
    image >>

If it were me the wrappers would already be on the floor. I just ripped a whole box of 79 Topps. The waiting finally got to me. A whole box of 75 Topps minis is going to be a blast!
  • Options
    Ok I ripped one pack There all centered real nice should i keep ripping to pass the time away?
  • Options
    rvcrvc Posts: 559 ✭✭
    rip rip rip
    Bob
  • Options

<< <i>Ok I ripped one pack There all centered real nice should i keep ripping to pass the time away? >>

Those are sweet! I would keep ripping if they keep coming out like that. My 79 Topps cards are sweet also. I got a bunch of duplicates but that is the norm for those boxes. How is your gum? Mine is like chewing on glass. One piece kind of tasted like medicine. I know it is sick but I always have to try the gum. It is part of the experience, lol
  • Options
    Rip away, I am sure there is more than a Ralph Garr in the next pack!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Anybody up for some gum chips from 1955? They have some lovely looking black spots. Who knows, these chips may cure the common cold.

• Options
    Darn good I listened to you bosox I think the second pack was better a little oc but i'll take itimage

• Options
    Maybe I should rip one of these to stay on topic
  • Options

<< <i>Darn good I listened to you bosox I think the second pack was better a little oc but i'll take itimage
    image >>

Great pull!
  • Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice pull from a '78 pack!
  • Options
    That a boy!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    <<How is your gum? Mine is like chewing on glass. One piece kind of tasted like medicine. I know it is sick but I always have to try the gum. It is part of the experience, lol >>

I'm not that brave anymore tried a 72 piece at national won't do that again. But if anyones wants to try it i'll send them the gum free of charge but you got to get someone to take a pic while you try it and let us see the expression on your face.

Hey thats an idea we will all have some 75 gum soon we should have a thread on the gum and everyone should try at least on piece and share what it taste like to them.