Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1975 Topps Mini Case Break - GRADES anyone???

Comments

• Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    Zef, I just looked at another thread about pack grading....I posted this on that thread:

since a number of us have jumped in on the 75 topps mini break, shouldn't there be a way to have the packs go from BBC straight to PSA??? Seems silly to have them shipped to us, we ship to PSA, who ships them back to STeve Hart to authenticate and then back to PSA. ANy other opinions/????

Can you discuss with Steve Hart to somehow have the packs sealed in a way to eliminate the shipping back to him for authentication??? I'd even be willing to send my PSA member number along with the extra cash to have them sent direct to PSA......

any other ideas??? I'm sure other who have purchased the packs are also PSA members....

al.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zef,

Just sent you my Paypal payment for $259 for my six-pack! Thanks again for all your efforts! Looking forward to receiving the packs!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    Zef, disregard my message about the grading....I may have jumped off the deep end.......believe there is another thread that stated that Steve Hart was not involved with the authenticating, I'm going searching for it now.......need to lay off the liquid refreshments.....
  • Options
    Latest word from PSA is that pack grading has been put off for a couple of months at least, so I don't think pack grading would be a viable option at this point.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    librtyheadlibrtyhead Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭
    Thanks zef great job!image
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    Is it likely that PSA graded-packs will have a
    higher retail val than GAI graded-packs do?

storm
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    Is it likely that PSA graded-packs will have a
    higher retail val than GAI graded-packs do?

storm

Yes, there will certainly be a premium for PSA graded packs, much more so in the beginning, though it should level off eventually to some degree. Unfortunately, GAI has had some problems in the past (authenticating bogus "grocery" 1970, 1971, 1972 cellos) and little consistency with grading standards and graders (Murphy, Rutter), though there are most certainly many beautiful authentic GAI packs in their holders, too.

• Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    Zef,

I saw a few wanting to jump in on this case break....

I just returned from a trip to Chicago, and blew through my "play money." If someone wants my block of 6, they are welcome to it. If not, I'll dig up some more "play" funds, and get it to you ASAP.

Sorry for jumping in, and then jumping out.

Let me know.

EA
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't worry about it EA - several people expressed interest in more (just 6 works for me though.) I've also been there when I wonder "where did all that money go?"
  • Options
    I'll pick up EASports's block of 6 packs (from the post 2 spots above) - let me know Zef and I'll paypal you the $$

Thanks.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Zef,

I saw a few wanting to jump in on this case break....

I just returned from a trip to Chicago, and blew through my "play money." If someone wants my block of 6, they are welcome to it. If not, I'll dig up some more "play" funds, and get it to you ASAP.

Sorry for jumping in, and then jumping out.

Let me know.

EA >>

I'll take them image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    Guys-

RipublicanMass PMed me right after the case sold out, so he was first in line. I'll let you guys know if he passes.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Guys-

RipublicanMass PMed me right after the case sold out, so he was first in line. I'll let you guys know if he passes. >>

You might need to ask Steve if he's got a second case available. image
  • Options
    I would assume if anyone else is having second thoughts, Zef would appreciate knowing asap.

Looks like lots of volunteers lined up.

Peace

Boog Powell was God!!!!!!!
    Trying to complete 1970 psa set.
    45% complete.
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    payment sent. zef, thanks.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    Guys-

RipublicanMass took the 6. I have a feeling there will be a few more dropping out. I don't want this to drag on forever, so I am soon going to press the guys I haven't recieved from and therfore some spots may open. PM me if you want in or would like another block if they open up. There is one stipulation if you join up now, I NEED PAYPAL ASAP. I hope you guys understand and I will let you know if any more open up.

Cheers,

Jordan
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    Zef what is the plan? When do you plan on breaking open the case, assuming the money shows up in a timely fashion.

I hate to sound like a kid at Christmas, but I'm excited.

Peace
    45% complete.
  • Options

<< <i>Zef what is the plan? When do you plan on breaking open the case, assuming the money shows up in a timely fashion.

I hate to sound like a kid at Christmas, but I'm excited.

Peace >>

I hear ya.

I am getting married in 4 weekends, so if its not done in the next 2 weeks, I may have to hand it off to someone else who is local and can go down to meet Steve and tak pictures. I am hoping we have all the cash by EARLY next week and I can line up a time and date with Steve Hart by mid next week when we can do the break.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Guys-

RipublicanMass PMed me right after the case sold out, so he was first in line. I'll let you guys know if he passes. >>

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Congrats on the pending nuptials.

Wish you all the best.

Doug
    45% complete.
  • Options
    rvcrvc Posts: 559 ✭✭
    welcome aboard rm
    Bob
  • Options
    Its almost party time i can feel itimage
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to busting the whole box! I want that Ryan (among others)!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Jordon check your pm.........image
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    $$ sent imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.................PAID...........................image
  • Options
    payment sent via paypal, can't wait!
    i think ripping and recording it and putting it up on youtube is a tremendous idea!
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only FIVE good souls with no recorded payment status left!

Git er dooooone fellers image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    zef payment just sent by paypal cant wait to go bust this case open.
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    $$$ sent... 8:09 am

Julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zef,

How many have paid, and how many still need to pay. Just curious.

Shane

• Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Zef,

How many have paid, and how many still need to pay. Just curious. >>

Check the first post of this thread ....Zef has been checking off who has paid on the original list.
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks.

Looks like we are almost there.

Shane

• Options
    dtsadtsa Posts: 235 ✭✭
    it looks like only 3 with out payment status!
    Are these going to be holdered or documented that they came from a fresh case? I thought I read something somewhere.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    What if somebody swoops in and buys this before we buy it??? image
  • Options

<< <i>What if somebody swoops in and buys this before we buy it??? image >>

That would suck.

Either refunds or a group decision to buy something else?

I don't think it'll happen.

I need to hear from:

milbroco
    kuhlmann
    arlea1957

If I don't hear from them by Wednesday, I think I am going to offer their reserved packs to someone else.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    you should contact steve and let him know you got it sold. I am sure he would have no problem putting it on hold since he knows what is going on. you could probable send him the names and addresses and check for the 558 packs that have been paid and I am sure he would get packing so that these things could get out right away. I doubt he would hold up the whole thing for 18 packs at this point. good luck!!
  • Options

<< <i>you should contact steve and let him know you got it sold. I am sure he would have no problem putting it on hold since he knows what is going on. you could probable send him the names and addresses and check for the 558 packs that have been paid and I am sure he would get packing so that these things could get out right away. I doubt he would hold up the whole thing for 18 packs at this point. good luck!! >>

I have talked to him.

I am waiting on a slew of MO's as well and as soon as I have many of those in hand I will again follow up with Steve.

I am going to his warehouse for the breaking of the case the time and date of which has yet to be determined.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>I am waiting on a slew of MO's as well and as soon as I have many of those in hand I will again follow up with Steve. >>

According to the tracking my payment landed in Chicago early this morning. I will take up to another 18 packs on top of my full box if necessary to make this deal happen.
    Always looking for interesting Don Mattingly and New York Yankees related items.
  • Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    Man, I can't wait to see what every one pulls !

Everyone did agree to rip the packs, correct ?
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I am waiting on a slew of MO's as well .... >>

[q]

• Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

storm image
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zef,

I WILL take another six packs in the event this is needed.

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    only 4 more payments waiting to be received.....let's get it on...

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options

<< <i>only 4 more payments waiting to be received.....let's get it on... >>

And only 1 that has not talked to me. I gave him till the end of the day to contact me and if he doesn't, jloo is waiting on deck with stown in the hole.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>with stown in the hole. >>

It puts the lotion on its skin.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>with stown in the hole. >>

It puts the lotion on its skin.

image >>

EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    I bet at this moment, you are dancing nekked in front of a mirror saying you would do naughty things to yourself.

• Options
    Hey don't use my lotion I need it for the long flight to chicagoimage
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe we can convince PSA to start grading empty case boxes. The one for this case looks like a 9. We could sell it and pay for the packs! image They would need one massive slab though!