Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1975 Topps Mini Case Break - GRADES anyone???

We are going to do this in lots of 6 packs and each block of 6 is $245. You are welcome to order as many 6 pack lots as you like. Payment will be by money order or Paypal(given you cover the fees outlined below) Shipping will be $6 for UPS insured for one block of 6 packs. If you order multiple I will let you know the shipping cost before you pay.

I will not be accepting payments until we have enough to purcahse the case. If it falls thru, I don't want to have to return everyones money.

It will be $259 via Paypal for a block of 6 packs delivered. It will be $251 for 6 packs delivered if you want to mail me a money order. Steve Hart at BBCE will be mailing out the packs and the $6 is for UPS insured shipping.

If you want to read the thread that lead to this, click here.

If anyone wants to e-mail me, please feel free. zef204@gmail.com

Here's who is in:

zef204 6---PAID
262Runner 6---PAID
Elemenopeo 6---PAID
gemint 36---PAID
originalisbest 6---PAID
earlycalguy 6---PAID
rvc 6---PAID
julen23 6---PAID
JLoo 6---PAID
flatfoot816 6---PAID
frankhardy 6---PAID
storm888 6---PAID
80sJunkie 36---PAID
kadokakid 6---PAID
alnavman 12---PAID
blade35 6---PAID
milbroco 6---PAID
itzagoner 6---PAID
grote15 6---PAID
Bosox1976 36---PAID
ldferg 6---PAID
rounding3rd 6---PAID
fmclaug1 6---PAID
digdug 6---PAID
smallstocks 6---PAID
HoofHearted 6---PAID
isellhomeszach 6---PAID
dtsa 6 ---PAID
bbne1 6---PAID
puckhead27 6---PAID
gstarling 12---PAID
softparade 6---PAID
MacCrimmon 36---PAID
greenmonstaaaah 6---PAID
librtyhead 12---PAID
bsfastball 6---PAID
paleocards 6---PAID
NYYDM23 36---PAID
gosteelers 6---PAID
jmoran19 6---PAID
gfb 6---PAID
arlea1957 6---PAID
kuhlmann 6---PAID
Cincyfan01 12---PAID
Piman58 6---PAID
kcherevka 12---PAID
moosedog - 78---PAID
RipublicanMass 6---PAID

Jloo 6---PAID
stown 6---PAID
softparade 3---PAID
zef204 3---PAID
rvc 6---PAID
NYYDM23 6---PAID
packman 6---PAID

total packs remaining - ZERO!!!!

Here is a picture of the case...

Paypal payments:

Paypal fees are 2.9% + $.30. So if you want to paypal me the money it would be $259 total with $6.00 shipping and fees built in. I will have to alter the fees for people who order more than 6 packs to build in adjusted fees and shipping.
EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions

Comments

• Options
    Hello zef I just got home and i see it looks like we might get this done. I see steve got back to us he also sent me an email. Count me in for 6 to start but im willing to take more if we need it. I'll keep in touch with steve on progress and it looks like you've got taking orders going. I"ll keep after scd and beckett to see if we can get us some press for steve and us on this sports collectors daily already got back to me and wants to run a story so even if steve does the shipping maybe you can go down there and get pictures of the case being broken.. This is so exciting.
    lets keep in touch and if you need help with anything on your end let me know.

Gary D

come on guys lets make some history here. You know this is something you want to be able to tell the grandkids about someday. The greatest collections are the ones with a great story behind the cards. Imagine the stories we will be able to tell about this if we can pull it off
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    Interested in (1) 6 pack block.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    kadokakidkadokakid Posts: 426 ✭✭
    Zef:

Count me in for 6 packs, I'll get you my info.

Thanks

Doug
    Trying to complete 1970 psa set.
    45% complete.
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    My wife is going to kill me but count me in for one six pack lot.....let me know when you are ready to start receiving payment.

Al
  • Options
    kadokakidkadokakid Posts: 426 ✭✭
    Alva

Be a coward like me and don't tell her!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace
    Trying to complete 1970 psa set.
    45% complete.
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    kadokakid....sort of like when I go out for ONE beer after work!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Be a coward like me and don't tell her!!!!!!!!!!!! >>

• Options
    This is going to be Greatimage
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    OK sign me up for 1 block of six packs.........Now help me out guys and go to the buy/sell board and check out my PSA sale list so I can afford to do this!!!!
    Thanks,
    Bob
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    zat 6-pack come w/pretzels? image

i'm in, i'll PM my vitals
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Count me in for a block of 6 packs, too, zef! I think it's a great idea and I'm glad Steve is willing to work with you on this.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    I like the idea that someone had of having a PSA customized label on an individual graded pack. I guess it could read something like "Collector's Universe Sealed Case Break". I would consider buying in if I could get one of these and 5 packs to open.

-Scott
    My sets:
    1977 Topps Star Wars - "Space Swashbucklers"
  • Options
    20 DOWN ONLY 76 TO GO
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>I like the idea that someone had of having a PSA customized label on an individual graded pack. I guess it could read something like "Collector's Universe Sealed Case Break". I would consider buying in if I could get one of these and 5 packs to open.

-Scott >>

I'm surprised that they haven't done something like that yet.

I know for coins they have Pedigrees designating that the coin came from Xyz's collection. Maybe they could do something like that.

If someone wants to see if this can be done, feel free. I will not be doing the legwork on that because quite frankly, my packs may be ripped before I leave BBCE's warehouse image
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    I would think a designation would be reasonable. "Fresh case Break Pack".
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    "...from Xyz's collection. Maybe they could do something like that."

///////////////////////////////////////////////

Whoever has the best relationship with PSA should do that project.
    It is a great promo-tool for the new PSA pack-grading enterprise.

storm
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zef - I am in for a full box. Maybe we can ride down together. Drooling with anticipation...
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    RipkenRipken Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    As promised, we're going to start covering the process with tomorrow morning's update. It sounds like you guys are close enough to make it happen. Should be fun.

Since I don't know any of you personally, I'm hoping a couple of the point men here can drop me an e-mail or private message here right away with your real names & maybe just a quick sentence or two about why you're doing this so I can put some faces on the story. Should make for a great start to things ...and we'll follow it with regular updates all the way through the distribution & grading results if that is what some of you do with the cards.

Thanks..

Rich Mueller
    Editor
    SportsCollectorsDaily.com

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    count me in for 6...maybe more depending on how my store does...LOL

zef, are you that close to bbce?

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options

<< <i>It is a great promo-tool for the new PSA pack-grading enterprise. >>

Storm, great point. Maybe someone from PSA will pick up on this thread and help with some of the logistics of that.
    My sets:
    1977 Topps Star Wars - "Space Swashbucklers"
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭
    In order to get this done, I'm thinking that we'll probably need at least one or two deep-pocket-type types to get involved and pick up big chunks of the case... the kind of guys who put you over the top in the fund-raising drive. I love how, in those things, they give you a title depending on how much you contribute. Give $1 to $99, you're a Sponsor. Give $100 to $499, you're a Provider. Give $500 to $999, you're a Star. Give $1000 or more, you're Ascending Into Heaven On A Shaft Of Light.

Along those same lines, I propose the following titles for the levels of participation in the case-break:

Level 1 (6 packs): Joe Six-Pack

Level 2 (12 to 30 packs): Wax-aholic

Level 3 (36 to 72 packs): Box Cutter

Level 4 (76 to 144 packs): Soon-To-Be Divorced

Level 5 (150 packs or more): Long-Since Divorced

• Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>In order to get this done, I'm thinking that we'll probably need at least one or two deep-pocket-type types to get involved and pick up big chunks of the case... the kind of guys who put you over the top in the fund-raising drive. I love how, in those things, they give you a title depending on how much you contribute. Give $1 to $99, you're a Sponsor. Give $100 to $499, you're a Provider. Give $500 to $999, you're a Star. Give $1000 or more, you're Ascending Into Heaven On A Shaft Of Light.

Along those same lines, I propose the following titles for the levels of participation in the case-break:

Level 1 (6 packs): Joe Six-Pack

Level 2 (12 to 30 packs): Wax-aholic

Level 3 (36 to 72 packs): Box Cutter

Level 4 (76 to 144 packs): Soon-To-Be Divorced

Level 5 (150 packs or more): Long-Since Divorced >>

EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good stuff guys.

Wish I could jump in...

Good luck.
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    I boo this. Why not kick in $245 for a 6 pack "interest", hold the case for ten years, then flip it and double your money?

Major nega-props,

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options

<< <i>I boo this. Why not kick in $245 for a 6 pack "interest", hold the case for ten years, then flip it and double your money? Major nega-props, Ron >>

Why not just start a new thread with that proposal and see how many takers you get?

• Options
    "Why not kick in $245 for a 6 pack "interest", hold the case for ten
    years, then flip it and double your money?"

////////////////////////////////////////////////

If this fast break gets famous enough, you will not have to wait 10-years.

You can throw the cards, the raw packs, or the graded packs on eBay
    and more than double your money real fast.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    digdugdigdug Posts: 216 ✭✭
    I live less than 5 minutes from BBCE so count me in for a 6 pack.
    It is quite a view in that warehouse.
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Honesly guys, I wouldn't be surprised if this could get some local or even ESPN media attention. I mean it is a TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND DOLLAR case of baseball cards, after all. I would wait to contact them until you get all the people lined up, but I could see this being an interesting two minute story for the local news or SportsCenter.

Also, Steve's been a great guy and this would be the third wax bust he'd be helping us with in the course of a few months. So a little free press for him couldn't hurt. Finally, we'd get to see Zef in all of his Harry Caray glory.

Just a thought.
  • Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭
    I can't take reading about this anymore. Put me in for a 6 pack as well.

Mike

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options
    RipkenRipken Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    Story is up on SportsCollectorsDaily.....
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    Edited: He has corrected the error on the site. Good job!
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭

<< <i>We are going to do this in lots of 6 packs and each block of 6 is $245. You are welcome to order as many 6 pack lots as you like. Payment will be by money order or Paypal(given you cover the fees outlined below) Shipping will be $6 for UPS insured for one block of 6 packs. >>

Okay, I've mulled it over long enough. I'd like to throw my name in the hat, too. My participation level:

Level 1 (6 packs): Joe Six-Pack -- soon to be divorced if the wife finds out ( image )

It would be cool to have a commemorative PSA label for a souvenir. I vote "Heck Yeah!" for that proposal!
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    i'm for the psa label as well (even though i'm sure i'll bust it) but what a way for PSA to jump into the pack grading. this could be good pub for them as well. a win/win situation for us all... image

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    A quick word about that Sports Collectors Daily article --- It's a bit overstated to say, "By Tuesday night, the group needed only a few more commitments to make the deal happen."

I suppose that's true so long as those few more commitments are for about two-thirds of the case! What is that? About $15,000 worth?
  • Options
    I'm considering this. though have not decided.

I'm thinking that if I did I would be putting them away for a whiloe and not ripping. So coming from a fresh case it would be cool and a neat designation on a holder "fresh case Pack". Although I would always know where they came from.

Anyways these would be a good investment to hold on to wouldn't they?

Like I said I'm considering but haven't decided yet =/
  • Options

<< <i>A quick word about that Sports Collectors Daily article --- It's a bit overstated to say, "By Tuesday night, the group needed only a few more commitments to make the deal happen."

I suppose that's true so long as those few more commitments are for about two-thirds of the case! What is that? About $15,000 worth? >>

adds to the drama....by tonight we should all be stranded on an island with nothing but a case of '75 Minis and a video camera image
  • Options
    Going well.

• Options
    Count me in for 6 packs.
    Thanks,
    Zach
    Buying Vintage Boxing...especially T218 and T220..email if you have cards you would like to sell.
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to the documented break in a few months when these cards pop.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    Things are looking good. really good.
  • Options
    dtsadtsa Posts: 235 ✭✭
    new member but i am "joe six pack" budget yet in no way am I telling my wife.
    count me in.
    new to the boards but ebay id= dtsa
    100% positive feedback and 1200 plus transactions!
    let me know where to send the funds and when.
  • Options
    Sorry, I cant join the fun but what a awesome thing.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Wow --- this is cool....

I've never even seen a '75 mini, let alone ripped open a pack of them.

Zef, I'm on the fence right now --- but pondering!

Give me another day or so to mull it over (and figure out how to explain it to the wife --- my '06 Topps Allen & Ginter crack habit has already caused homelife struggles) ....

-t
    - Building these sets:
    ------- 1960 Topps Baseball PSA 8+
    ------- 1985 Topps Hockey PSA 9+
  • Options
    I cant stop drooling looking at that case it looks so pretty
  • Options
    Count me in for a 6 pack - PM on the way to you Zef. And thanks for undertaking an effort like this!
  • Options

• Options
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am watching this closely. Add me to the list zef for one block image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>imageimage >>

80s!!!! thanks for inciting the buzz!!! keep it up image