Home Sports Talk
Options

Hey A-Rod, feel free to be clutch!

Comments

• Options
    MantleMarisFordBerraMantleMarisFordBerra Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭
    Damn! He just smashed his 2nd of the night! His first time up he flew out to deep center, so he is just crushing the ball now. Combined with his walk off earlier this week, it looks like A-Rod is trying to shead his "non-clutch" reputation. Bravo A-Rod!!
  • Options
    ^^This guy lol

The Yankees have 2 of their top 4 hitters(both corner outfielders) out and with the Red Sox on a monster tear can't build a lead on the Yankees.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    Oh yeah, this series may just be A-Rods coming out party in NY. I know he was amazing last year but to play a whole series in NY, first with the walkoff and now the 2 smashes tonight....He's looking more relaxed out there. Good for Arod!!!!
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    MantleMarisFordBerraMantleMarisFordBerra Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭

<< <i>He's looking more relaxed out there. Good for Arod!!!! >>

I think that's it exactly. It in my opinion had always been a mental thing, and hopefully now he's confident and relaxed. He's always had the skills, was just chocking a lot in clutch situations. I'm watching him bat now and the fans have an "A-Rod" chant going on. Nice to see.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    And I bet the haters are still out booing the best player in the AL.

Jealous of his life, jealous of his money, jealous of his natural talent, all they want to do is boo.

How else do you explain booing the best player in baseball?
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    looks like the sleeping giant has awakened. Im glad to see it, happy for him, hope he continues.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options

<< <i>And I bet the haters are still out booing the best player in the AL.

Jealous of his life, jealous of his money, jealous of his natural talent, all they want to do is boo.

How else do you explain booing the best player in baseball? >>

Kind of like you and the Yankees huh? Jealousy, whining, crying, and lying....All you do is boo them. Let's just forget about everything this franchise has done for the league as well as the game of baseball on an international level. Your a Hater.

I'll boo the best guy in baseball if he's not coming through when it counts, b/c then he was not playing like the best baseball player in the AL. But like I said, this whole series he was looking very comfortable/relaxed and he's finally starting to show some attitude and grit and us Yankee fans LOVE that! I hope he continues to do what has been coming lately as the Yankees NEED ARod to play like the MVP.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    People booing a guy on their home team (especially when he's as talented as Arod) need to have their heads examined.

No, it doesn't show 'passion', it shows you're a moron.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    People that claim other people should have their head examined are the true morons.

In NY players here now when they get boo'd they deserve it. People do not boo 3rd stringers here. They cheer and boo stars. the louder the boo the more respect the fans have for them.

Morons? hardly.

In defense of this thread, if Arod was so clutch this thread would never have been created. As of late he has been on fire and those of us here that (actually watch the games) give credit where credit is due.

Morons think they know what is going on.

No one ever said that Arod was not talented.

Those that like to lie, twist and be obnoxious are MORONS.

bla bla bla.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    WP-

You're an idiot.

End of story.
  • Options
    wha wha wha.

many here would say the same about you.

what you think is of no consequence.

moron.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    What I think is of no consquence, yet like a moth (you) to a flame (me) you feel the need to get burned over and over again?

Why is that, twit?
  • Options
    Ax needs a hug. Lay off the haterade.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options

<< <i>Ax needs a hug. Lay off the haterade. >>

Haterade? 1998 called, it wants it tagline back.

• Options
    Seattle called, it wants it's rain back. Need me to send you another box of tissues? Quit crying.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options

<< <i>Seattle called, it wants it's rain back. Need me to send you another box of tissues? Quit crying. >>

What the hell does this mean? You can't come up with anything original?

The only one crying is you, because you get your ass handed to you all the time.

I have the distinct feeling you are WPs alt, you both show the same startling lack of a brain.
  • Options
    It means all any of us on CU hear is your distinct whining/crying. WHA WHA WHA....Your proven to be wrong time and time again, what do you do continue with endless spin like your part of the current Administration.

lol, first off you can go ahead and check IPs. I'm not an "alt", I didn't grow up a loser who feels the need to agree with myself. If you don't like my opinions I don't care. Opinions are like a--holes, everyones' got one.

Now go back to your usually scheduled crying about the Yankees. Thanks for keeping this thread up, you know if you even posted in your Mariner thread one tenth of the time you reply on this thread...well you would have a lot more replies.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    topps-

You are an alt...its easy to see.

Now get lost.
  • Options
    hahahahaha....But no really get an Admin(Carolj?) check the IPs. It'll just once again prove your wrong. I have Comcast internet so my IP doesn't vary.

It's quite easy to see your wrong, AGAIN. Hater.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    You have a static IP? You really want people to be able to hack into your account?

Comcast FAQ

"How many IP addresses do I receive with the Comcast High-Speed Internet Service?

Comcast provides and authorizes 1 dynamically assigned IP address per residential High-Speed Internet account. You have the option of purchasing up to 4 additional IP addresses, for a total of 5 dynamic IP addresses. Please contact us for additional details."

You sure you have a static IP again?

• Options
    I do know it's very easy for an administrator to look up the IP. Once again, your a hackjob. Sure if someone wants to hack into my account go right ahead and try. I didn't said a word about Carolj posting the IPs; but she can certainly see that your wrong in calling me an "alt" much like your wrong with a lot of things.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    Dude, you just said your IP doesn't vary, then, when shown you are obviously wrong, you fail to retract your statement?

No wonder I dismiss everything that comes out of your ignorant yap.
  • Options
    , then, when shown you are obviously wrong, you fail to retract your statement

If that aint the kettle calling the pot black.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Dude, you just said your IP doesn't vary, then, when shown you are obviously wrong, you fail to retract your statement?

No wonder I dismiss everything that comes out of your ignorant yap. >>

lol, sorry I don't know everything about computers. But I do know that any administrator of a website can lookup the IPs of those who are on their forums.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options

<< <i>lol, sorry I don't know everything about computers. But I do know that any administrator of a website can lookup the IPs of those who are on their forums. >>

Of course they can. And do sit there and make claims like 'my IP never changes!' if you don't know what you're talking about...sheesh, you sound just like your alter ego WP.
  • Options
    Axhole you are an idiot.

I don't need an alt id.

I'm sure though that you do.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Please tell me when I've ever needed an alt ID to tell you to get lost?

Uhm, that would be 'what is never, Alex?'

• Options
    You like to argue over the most idiotic of issues. Proved wrong, you run under the bed. You are a liar and a creep.

Do everyone a favor and go away.

you are beginning to be a nusance.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    Ax, is it true that you were the inspiration for 40 yr old virgin ?
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options

<< <i>Ax, is it true that you were the inspiration for 40 yr old virgin ? >>

Hmm no, as I am neither (a) 40 nor (b) a virgin. Ask WP, though, he seems like the sexually repressed type (word is he still lives under his momma's thumb in her basement).
  • Options
    I guess your Mother told you about the basement huh AX? That is where I degrade her when i want.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    /yawn

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    BEST. DERAILMENT. EVER.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    I heard some interesting commentary on the radio the other day. The summary:

A-Rod is the highest paid player in MLB history. While it's technically his agent's "fault" for signing him to the astronomical contract, no one put a gun to his head and forced him to sign with the struggling Rangers. Players get higher offers from other teams all of the time, sometimes they sign for less with a different team, sometimes they take the higher offer. However, with this being the most money, by far, anyone has ever gotten, A-Rod put a bullseye on his chest. He left Seattle because of greed, regardless of how anyone spins it.

From a fan's perspective, he had to perform over and beyond any other player in the majors to justify his contract. It was the most money five or so years ago when he signed it and still is today. Since signing the dotted line, has he been, by far, the best player in MLB? I wouldn't say that... While others may want to debate this, think of the big picture. Agree with it or not, he is expected to be the best without debate. Anything less and he is subject to criticism.

By agreeing to be traded to NY, he knew that the pressure to perform head and shoulders above everyone else went up 10 fold.

Has he consistently lived up to the hype of his contract? In other words, has he blown away every other player in MLB? Most certainly not.

He is expected to deliever when it matters. He is expected to be the best all-around player in baseball. He is expected to be slump-proof.

Is it fair to place too many expectations on him? No but he did bring this onto himself. Regardless of MVP awards, he hasn't produced what fans expect and that's winning a championship.

So do the fans have the right to be overly critical of A-Rod. There are 252,000,000 reasons why they can.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    makes sense to me.
  • Options
    He's the best player in baseball not named Albert Pujols.

Since signing that contract 5 years ago, he's won 2 MVP awards (should have won 3, but playing on a bad team kills your chances), batted .305, averaged 48 home runs, 126 RBI, and has missed a grand total of EIGHT games in 5 years.

Please show me any player, who, over the last 5 years, is averaging that line: .305, 48 HRs, 126 RBI, 2 MVPs.

He's led the league in home runs 4 of the 5 years, won 2 gold gloves (before being shifted to third in his move to NY). So you're saying his winning 2 MVPs (and a second place finish for a third) in five years isn't enough to justify his money?

People who are critical of Arod, despite his playing out of his head over the past 5 years, are jealous, plain and simple. He has done everything asked of him, he's delivered at the plate, delivered in the field, he's done it all, and people still want to boo.

If you want to criticize his not winning a championship, blame the team, not him.

Look at the pitching that has characterized the team's he's been on since leaving Seattle. Look at the staff ERA in Texas. Look at the overpaid, old, broken down pitching that's surrounded him in NY.

Blame him for the team's failures? That's jealousy talking.
  • Options

<< <i>He's the best player in baseball not named Albert Pujols. >>

How can you say with a straight face that he's the second best player in the MLB today? His stats: AVG .282 | HR 19 | RBI 65 | OBP .390 | SLG .505 and that's not including his terrible fielding so far this year.

<< <i>Since signing that contract 5 years ago, he's won 2 MVP awards (should have won 3, but playing on a bad team kills your chances), batted .305, averaged 48 home runs, 126 RBI, and has missed a grand total of EIGHT games in 5 years. >>

Well he did win one MVP for an absolutely terrible Rangers team, so your argument for MVP doesn't hold water.

<< <i>Please show me any player, who, over the last 5 years, is averaging that line: .305, 48 HRs, 126 RBI, 2 MVPs.

He's led the league in home runs 4 of the 5 years, won 2 gold gloves (before being shifted to third in his move to NY). So you're saying his winning 2 MVPs (and a second place finish for a third) in five years isn't enough to justify his money? >>

You don't deserve $252,000,000 if you bat under .300 or have under 120 RBIS, which is what he did in '03 and '04. And again, he his the highest paid player in baseball, not just the AL. He didn't come close to being the top in HRs in each of the past 5 years. It's about producing every year, not just an average...

<< <i>People who are critical of Arod, despite his playing out of his head over the past 5 years, are jealous, plain and simple. He has done everything asked of him, he's delivered at the plate, delivered in the field, he's done it all, and people still want to boo. >>

But has he produced the best numbers in MLB during those past five years? No.

<< <i>If you want to criticize his not winning a championship, blame the team, not him.

Look at the pitching that has characterized the team's he's been on since leaving Seattle. Look at the staff ERA in Texas. Look at the overpaid, old, broken down pitching that's surrounded him in NY. >>

This is a fact. Every team he has been on has not won a championship, period. He leaves Seattle and they to well afterwards. He leaves Texas and the same thing. The Yanks made it to the WS the year before they signed him and haven't been back since.

<< <i>Blame him for the team's failures? That's jealousy talking. >>

Did you even read my entire post? It had to do with him not performing up to his contract, not his failure to produce a championship, even though he hasn't.

To sign the richest deal in MLB history comes with the expectation to be the best player, performance wise, in the majors year in and year out. Has he done that consistantly every year for the past 5 years? Nope.
  • Options

<< <i>He's the best player in baseball not named Albert Pujols. >>

How can you say with a straight face that he's the second best player in the MLB today? His stats: AVG .282 | HR 19 | RBI 65 | OBP .390 | SLG .505 and that's not including his terrible fielding so far this year.
    >>

Greatness is a body of work, not an off year. If we used your ridiculous claims, then David Wright should be in the hall of fame. So should Pujols. They're having great years! They must be truly great players.

Oh wait, you didn't mean one year of results don't make the player? Then, on the other hand, one down year doesn't make a great player NOT great.

Let's put this into perspective: he's likely to hit near his career batting average (let's say he hits .290), on pace for 40 something home runs and 125 RBIs....how spoiled are 'fans' to say this is a bad year? The ridiculousness of the accusation is mind-boggling.

<< <i>Well he did win one MVP for an absolutely terrible Rangers team, so your argument for MVP doesn't hold water. >>

And he should have won 2 (maybe 3), but the voters could only deny him so long before the whole process was shown to be a face. 2003 was his least productive year as a Ranger. He easily could have been the winner the 2 previous years as well.

<< <i>You don't deserve $252,000,000 if you bat under .300 or have under 120 RBIS, which is what he did in '03 and '04. And again, he his the highest paid player in baseball, not just the AL. He didn't come close to being the top in HRs in each of the past 5 years. It's about producing every year, not just an average... >>

Who the hell are you to say who deserves what money? RBIs are a function of the players around you getting on base as much as it is your ability to hit. Using RBIs (without HRs) is a piss poor method of determining a player's worth.

<< <i>This is a fact. Every team he has been on has not won a championship, period. He leaves Seattle and they to well afterwards. He leaves Texas and the same thing. The Yanks made it to the WS the year before they signed him and haven't been back since. >>

Seattle was a playoff team BEFORE he left. What's your point? Let's not forget, that texas team you claimed did 'well' afterwards, finished THIRD in a FOUR team division the year after he left. Or are you selectively remembering things that didn't actually happen? A team can't have success without him there? Do you honestly in your heart of hearts feel Arod is the reason the yankees haven't been to the world series since he got there? If you do, you have serious issues with the guy, and you know nothing about what makes a winning team.I don't see to recall Arod becoming a pitcher and leading the NY yankees pitching staff to stink up the joint. Did I miss that?

<< <i>Did you even read my entire post? It had to do with him not performing up to his contract, not his failure to produce a championship, even though he hasn't. >>

How does a player averaging .305/48/125, winning 2 MVPs NOT performing up to his contract?

<< <i>To sign the richest deal in MLB history comes with the expectation to be the best player, performance wise, in the majors year in and year out. Has he done that consistantly every year for the past 5 years? Nope. >>

You're completely out of your mind.

2001: .318/52/135
    2002: .300/57/142
    2003: .298/47/119
    2004: .286/36/106
    2005: .321/48/130

2 MVPs in that time.

• Options
    You just don't get it, do you?

He signed the richest contract in MLB history. $252,000,000 has a lot of zeros in there, doesn't it? He, by far, makes more money than ANYONE else every sinlge year. Has he been the best player in the majors every year for the past five years?

No.

Is he the player you want at the plate when a game in on the line?

No.

Being the highest paid player (and second only to David Beckham for highest paid by a team in the ENTIRE WORLD), should a fan expect nothing but greatness from him? Shouldn't they expect him to consistantly produce each time he comes up to the plate or make the play in the field?

Yes.

But again, does he?

Nope.
  • Options
    stown-

You're letting his off year cloud your judgement. You're also letting my defense of him cloud your judgement, too.

Apparently, in a 5 year run, 2 MVPs, .305 BA, 48 HRs/yr, and 125 RBI/yr don't justify it. Can you please point out a player with better overall stats in that timeframe?

One last thing, can you tell me this? Does Jeter put up the numbers to justify 19.6 million a year? .309/19/70 RBIs is worth 19 million? If that's the case, Arod is UNDERpaid.
  • Options

<< <i>stown-

You're letting his off year cloud your judgement. You're also letting my defense of him cloud your judgement, too.

Apparently, in a 5 year run, 2 MVPs, .305 BA, 48 HRs/yr, and 125 RBI/yr don't justify it. Can you please point out a player with better overall stats in that timeframe?

One last thing, can you tell me this? Does Jeter put up the numbers to justify 19.6 million a year? .309/19/70 RBIs is worth 19 million? If that's the case, Arod is UNDERpaid. >>

First off, my judgement of him is not clouded, even though you want it to be.

Secondly, 1st half last year wasn't all that good, it was his second half surge that won him the MVP. Throw his numbers in reverse and he doesn't even crack the top 5 of voting.

And finally, A-Rod is being paid 25% MORE than Jeter. How can you even compare the salaries is beyond me. He has been the highest paid player in the majors for the past 5 years. Has he been the best player in baseball every year for the past five years? For the umpteenth time, nope.

• Options

<< <i>
    Secondly, 1st half last year wasn't all that good, it was his second half surge that won him the MVP. Throw his numbers in reverse and he doesn't even crack the top 5 of voting.
    >>

Good thing the MVP is a year long award, and not just a half! That's why they play 162 games, and not just 90/

<< <i>And finally, A-Rod is being paid 25% MORE than Jeter. How can you even compare the salaries is beyond me. He has been the highest paid player in the majors for the past 5 years. Has he been the best player in baseball every year for the past five years? For the umpteenth time, nope. >>

You have yet to show me a player who's put up better numbers over the past 5 years than Arod. I will take that as a sign that you can't.

And Jeter's salary is absolutely relevant. I don't see you whining about Jeter being overpaid (like you are doing with Arod). Compare Jeter's numbers with Arod's, and you'll see, if you use Jeter's salary as a basis, that Arod should be paid MORE.
  • Options
    Jeter helped the team to win 4 WS titles. Arod hasn't. Quite crying about your mancrush not playing for your "beloved" M's. When Jete came up into the Maj's, a dynasty came along with him. Do I give Jete all the credit, hell no. But without him the Yankees couldn't have done it. Arod this, Arod that, get off Arods' dlck.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>
    >>

Good thing the MVP is a year long award, and not just a half! That's why they play 162 games, and not just 90/ >>

90 games is 1/2 of a 182 game season? Someone must not be good with math, huh. Anyways... Do you think if the 1st and 2nd halves were reversed, he still would have won the MVP award?

<< <i>

<< <i>And finally, A-Rod is being paid 25% MORE than Jeter. How can you even compare the salaries is beyond me. He has been the highest paid player in the majors for the past 5 years. Has he been the best player in baseball every year for the past five years? For the umpteenth time, nope. >>

You have yet to show me a player who's put up better numbers over the past 5 years than Arod. I will take that as a sign that you can't.

And Jeter's salary is absolutely relevant. I don't see you whining about Jeter being overpaid (like you are doing with Arod). Compare Jeter's numbers with Arod's, and you'll see, if you use Jeter's salary as a basis, that Arod should be paid MORE. >>

Why do I have to look up every single player's stats just for you? I know, for a fact, that players have hit over .300, 120 RBIs, 50 HRs, or 120 hits in years which hit did BELOW those numbers. Being the highest paid player, shouldn't he have the best stats every year? Shouldn't he be the best fielder? He should and he's not.

You refuse to see the light.

Does he put up the best numbers in baseball each and every year?

No.

Is he the player, out of ALL MLB players, you want up to bat when a game is on the line?

No.

Is he the highest paid player in baseball and second only to Beckham for highest paid player by a team in the entire world?

Yep.

Should the fans expect nothing but the best each and every game and each and every season?

Most definitely.
  • Options
    Bonds was the Best player in MLB during his MVP run.

Arod was next.

Again, it is not fair to equate individual ability based on Team championships. As for Arod's team's being better when he left..that can be contributed to other guys having career years, or good acquisitions. Bret Boone and Ichiro being the reasons why Seattle was good the following year, not to mention Seattle simply playing over its head. Boone's explosion was every bit as good a season as an Arod season.

To think that a team would be better off without Arod,(wtihout making any other changes, or without any other players having career years, or without a team hitting above their head with men on or winning one run games), would be the furthest thing from the truth. There are so many other factors that determine a teams win total at the end of the year. Arod is most definately contriubitng positively in the win column.

As for titles, that same method of not hitting when it counts has to be applied to guys like Craig Biggio and Bagwell then too. They were always touted as being the best at their spots, yet they were horrible in the playoffs and never won anything. Biggio's lifetime post season hitting is .234/.297/.323, over 167 at bats. That is an abysmal performance for 'when it counts'. One can't be selective on who they apply the 'choke' tag to.

Is Bagwell also worthless too because Houston went to the WS when he was nothing more than a role player, yet they never could when he was their stud?
  • Options
    Skin,

I understand what you are saying but that isn't the point. It's a matter of him being the highest paid player in the majors and the fans' expectations. Never winning a title was just a side thought.

You are absolutely correct with Bonds. I was going to mention that but knew ax would derail the topic again with steriods image
  • Options
    Stown-

I am still waiting for your list of players who are better over the last 5 years than Arod.

I will take the fact you can't just illustrates that there was none. You say there 'must' be someone better, but I am waiting for your list.

• Options

<< <i>Stown-

I am still waiting for your list of players who are better over the last 5 years than Arod.

I will take the fact you can't just illustrates that there was none. You say there 'must' be someone better, but I am waiting for your list. >>

As I said earlier:

<< <i>Why do I have to look up every single player's stats just for you? I know, for a fact, that players have hit over .300, 120 RBIs, 50 HRs, or 120 hits in years which hit did BELOW those numbers. >>

Are you disputing this or something?

Again, has he been the best player in baseball every year for the past five years? As I've said several times now, this isn't about averages, it's about producing every single year that justifies him being the highest paid player and the expections of being such.

The answer is no, period. I don't have to show you that players had a higher batting average or a better fielding percentage or more home runs or more walks or more hits than he did in any given year because it is a fact, period.
  • Options
    You said:

"Since signing the dotted line, has he been, by far, the best player in MLB? I wouldn't say that.."

Quit changing your criteria, and answer the damned question already. You didn't say year to year, you said 'since signing the dotted line'.

Show me a single player who compares to Arod over the past 5 years across ALL categories. Don't pick out crap like number of walks, the whole picture.

I suspect you will be looking a long time.