Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

THE OFFICIAL 2006 TOPPS HERITAGE POST!!!!!

Comments

• PeetiePeetie Posts: 627 ✭✭
    Got my case today. 2 boxes down.

My dealer called to let me know that it was in, then he wanted to know if I could wait until Thursday for it.

That's like asking a crack head if he can wait a couple of days for his next fix. Sheesh!
  • I'm still waiting on the boxs I ordered suppost to go out tomorrow, but will see
    I do look forward to busting the boxes though, since this will be the 1st heritage bb set
    I have put together. Hopefully they get here friday so I can crack a few cold ones
    and watch the wife look at me acting like a kid in a candy store image

She finds it very entertaining, that middle age men can have so much fun with card board. image
  • Heritage is LIVE at RETAIL STORES!

Check this out from the blowout board :

went to walmart today, retail boxes everywhere, came out yesterday, plus there are sealed boxes with walmart exclusives just like 2006 topps series 1, they signed an exclusive deal walmart/topps, now they will get their releases 1-2 days before hoby according to the walmart distributor located 20 miles from me in Springdale AR, only topps though, THAT SUCKS AND IS NUTS SINCE HOBBY IS $200 MORE PER CASE THAN RETIAL FOR THE SAME EXACT STUFF!!!
    Collecting only Topps Heritage baseball 2001 to 2006 Yankees, chromes, black refracters, autos, relics, SP's

Please visit my Topps Heritage Ebay Store with new items added all the time
  • softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey LOTH, fess up! Tell em all what you pulled image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    No seat cards, no relic cards....
    No real one auto's
    pulled a team topps card of the crazy redsox outfielder....

Then in the 7th out of 8 boxes...i pulled #56/57...Barry Bonds Black Refractor.
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Heritage is LIVE at RETAIL STORES!

Check this out from the blowout board :

went to walmart today, retail boxes everywhere, came out yesterday, plus there are sealed boxes with walmart exclusives just like 2006 topps series 1, they signed an exclusive deal walmart/topps, now they will get their releases 1-2 days before hoby according to the walmart distributor located 20 miles from me in Springdale AR, only topps though, THAT SUCKS AND IS NUTS SINCE HOBBY IS $200 MORE PER CASE THAN RETIAL FOR THE SAME EXACT STUFF!!! >>

Our Wal Mart here in central CA doesn't have any retail yet (as of early afternoon). I might have to take another drive tonight, perhaps even to some of the other towns/cities around the area.

The only guy locally that had any earlier today, get this, wanted $5.25 per pack, $126 for his last unopened box. I've known this guy for 20-odd years - pretty nice guy. Talked him all the way down to $115. No sale, Lonnie, thanks anyway.

Man, I am so jonesing to bust some boxes. Might tackle the next UPS guy I see, whether he's got anything for me or not.

Geordie
  • I imagine the Walmart's will take a day or 2 depending from your distance from Arkansas to see Heritage arrive. The guy who posted that, Brent, is an expert case buster who lives in Arkansas. I have no idea if this is a Walmart exclusive - early retail - or if others like Target/Kmart will get early Heritage as well.
    Collecting only Topps Heritage baseball 2001 to 2006 Yankees, chromes, black refracters, autos, relics, SP's

further proof that Topps just isn't on the ball this year - from the Buckett boards:

Ed Fitzgerald, right? You'd think that 49 years would be enough for Topps to get it right...

Geordie
  • BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    I'm having a soft parade moment.........

I'm not getting my four boxes until Friday, and this thread is already over 100 posts!!!
    You all suck!!!!!!!!

shawn
  • joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Im hitting two walmarts tonight. Hopefully I will see heritage!

Kevin
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Im hitting two walmarts tonight. Hopefully I will see heritage!

Kevin >>

Kevin
    I remember last year you got heritage in FLA before I did in TX.

I'm gonna be writing my US Senator!!!

Mike
  • Whoever said we wash away with the rain ?
    Just checked my local Wally World @ 8 p.m. pacific - no Heritage yet. Hopefully my cases come tomorrow.

Geordie
  • ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭
    I checked out the mack-daddy Target (they also have their own cards in 2006 Topps) that always has the good stuff. They were re-stocking the cards. The woman checked everything they had when I asked. No Heritage.

I picked up my case today. Nothing exciting. I've only made it half way through. All four boxes have yielded exactly 12 SPs. I pulled this CC and FB relic. The other one is my favorite base card so far.

Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • picked up my two boxes I had reserved in mid January. $65 a piece. I asked if he had an extra one to purchase and he said "Sure..... but they're now up to $82.00 per box." Glad I put in a reserve. I also checked the Wal-mart tonight and no sign of anything.

Enjoy collecting vintage baseball cards, memorabilia and autos
  • mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    georgetown cards invoiced me for my retail case, so it may very be live.

<< <i>georgetown cards invoiced me for my retail case, so it may very be live. >>

Mud
    What are they asking for the case? Just curious.

mike
    Mike
  • Just cracked two cases and got very little to brag about.

Only one autograph (Duke Snider, a tape-job, not a Real Auto)

Five relics, six cards short of five base sets.

Have all the subsets

Missing 5 SPs!

Many packs w/o SPs. In fact, went through a run of six or seven packs that had only 7 cards in it.

Too many checklists!

Going to bed! Too much sortin'.

The good news is I still have one more case headed my way.

<< <i>Just cracked two cases and got very little to brag about.

Only one autograph (Duke Snider, a tape-job, not a Real Auto)

Five relics, six cards short of five base sets.

Have all the subsets

Missing 5 SPs!

Many packs w/o SPs. In fact, went through a run of six or seven packs that had only 7 cards in it.

Too many checklists!

Going to bed! Too much sortin'.

The good news is I still have one more case headed my way. >>

Pharber

You're an animal!

That's a lotta gum!!!

mike
    Mike
  • zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

I have only dabbled in newer cards but these have made me want to buy. Are Heritage available at retail stores, I see many have said Target and Walmart. LMK as I want to get on the bus. As if I need another vice.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
    I just pulled both of these out of the same box. I was more excited to finally find the Jason Bay SP in that same box. Oh, and the ARod/Mantle TN - that is cool. I really need sleep.

My Pirates Collection
    wow I struck out big time on my Wal Mart runs, nothing but old footbal and the new topps. I did walk away with a scanner/printer/copier
    for clearance price!

This is the critical time in the retail market. From past experiences Wal Mart gets their cards first, then Target and Kmart. TRU has been
    a disappointment in the past.

Pharber....I don't need to tell you that 2 cases SHOULD get you a real one auto, that absolutly sucks that you didn't pull one, but the
    Duke is nice. Guys over on the beckett boards have been getting very lucky, some opening as little as two boxes and pulling
    a black and an auto!

LMK who the 5 SP's are, I do have some doubles. Were any of your packs ripped a bit on the back? Did two cases get you the 3 complete
    sub sets?? Did you pull 3 chromes in every box..including the one that the auto was in?

I sorted cards 100-200 tonight, and yet again, no holes in the base set.

So far, this is my favorite card:

Kevin
  • MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭
    Where do you usually find the card at WalMart and Target? Candy section? Toy Section? Checkout? I went to two WalMarts and they only had some old repacks and 2005 football and basketball. These were located near the checkout stands.
  • Georgetown presold heritage retail cases at $400 back in January. They got to $425 in February then BAM! Sold Out - they have nor retail cases/boxes left

• OK, here is a Breakdown of the two cases of Heritage I received yesterday

27 Flashback cards (1 complete set)
    26 New Age cards (1 complete set)
    24 Then and Nows (1 complete set)

6 Relic cards
    (1 Al Kaline flash back relic, 5 Cluibhouse Collections: Wright, Roberts, Schilling, Weeks and Guerrero)

1 Autograph (Snider)

1 Black Border (Dmitre Young)

13 Chrome # of 557 (no doubles)

47 Chrome # of 1957 (9 doubles and triples. All of the doubles and triples were consecutive number).

Short Prints

105 of 110 to make a complete set (missing Piazza, Randy Johnson, Jeremy Bonderman, Mike Morse and Yhency Brazoban)
    56 doubles to make a second set of 110 SPs and Vs
    16 triples

Plus,

40 Checklist (6 complete sets)
    four complete base sets (need 6 cards to complete a fifth base set)

All I can say is thank goodness I have another case headed my way from a different source!

Out of 384 packs, I got, in total 316 premium cards. That's 68 packs without a premium card and more than a dozen packs with only seven cards in them.

I have that empty feeling you have when you fly home from Vegas.

This one is from the same case. It is the next to the last box. I know it is not smart to say this, considering I plan to list them on ebay tomorrow, but the Team Topps autos kind of suck. They don't fit in this set at all and they are sticker sutos. They are really sharp looking cards, though.

My Pirates Collection
  • Congrats everyone on finding the Retail stuff....I haven't found anything yet...I searched a Target in Illinois this morning.
  • Pharber- Give me a PM if you're interested in unloading one of those base sets and your SP doubles
  • Is the SP list that's posted earlier in this thread the "final" list? I have a case on the way, but bought two boxes last night to help me deal with reading this thread and while I don't have the numbers in front of me, I seemed to do really well on the SPs from that list (although Pujols is listed as card 165). Also pulled 4 chrome /1957s including Pujols and Jeter, as well as the ARod/Mantle T&N, and a few other sub-set cards that I thought were decent... Box number two tonight as I impatiently wait for my case...
  • Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    i got NO RELIC CARDS IN MY CASE....

I did however pull chrome refractor and black chrome refractors of Barry Bonds.

Loth

oh..and i got the same piersall auto as shown above..woopie!!
    For the record...

I now decided I live a "black hole" - I called two shops and neither have Heritage today - one said tomorrow and the other said no - she wasn't sure when/if her husband had ordered it!

Kind of funny
    mike
    Mike
  • AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    Greeting Heritage fans,
    I'm not going to do the set this year, but will just buy some singles for a few of my player collections.

The cards I want to get are:

Brian Roberts #190
    Ichiro #250
    Chad Tracy #311-SP

Brian Roberts Chrome #46 (#d/1957)
    Ichiro Chrome #63 (#d/1957)

Brian Roberts Refractor #46 (#d/557)
    Ichiro Refractor #63 (#d/557)

Brian Roberts Black Refractor #46 (#d/57)
    Ichiro Black Refractor #63 (#d/57)

New Age Performers-Ichiro

Brian Roberts Clubhouse Collection (Jersey card)
    Brian Roberts Clubhouse Collection (Bat card)

Flashback- Mickey Mantle

Then & Now #TN1-Mantle/A-Rod
    Then & Now #TN3-Mantle/Giambi

I already have some of these on my "watch list" on eBay.

If any of you guys have any of these and would like to sell (without having to scan and list on eBay) please send me a PM to see if I already bought them or not--I'd prefer to buy from fellow forum members.

I also could trade. For Topps Heritage, I have available some 2001 insert set stars, and a handful of 2005 Heritage base set cards (with one possible variation).

Have fun busting those packs and boxes--and keep me in mind if you come across any Ichiro, Mantle, Chad Tracy or Brian Roberts cardsimage

James
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
    Well, I just got a e-mail stating that my case was just shipped today. Looks like a Friday delivery

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• I just called two shops here in Las Vegas. They are in and selling at $95/box at one shop and $99/box at the other. image

Scott
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
    3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up

My Sets
  • i bought 1 box of hobby and got a musial auto 15/25 with stadium seat among other nice cards. Any idea of value of this card would be great thanks its fra-sm
    Always Buying & Collecting 1957 Topps Baseball 1914 cj,s 1978 bb and any Hof bb

<< <i>i bought 1 box of hobby and got a musial auto 15/25 with stadium seat among other nice cards. Any idea of value of this card would be great thanks its fra-sm >>

I'm not sure...

But, if you sell on ebay, now is the time to put it up while all the blood is still rushing south in those looking for heritage!

Last year, Pandrews had a Robinson with stadium seat, if memory serves, and it went for righteous bucks!

Good luck
    mike
    Mike
  • The UPS man delivered 4 cases today. I am going to start opening packs and will report my hopefully good results later. I have been working on Heritage sets since 2001. It brings back great memories of opening packs as a child.

David
  • BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

<< <i>i bought 1 box of hobby and got a musial auto 15/25 with stadium seat among other nice cards. Any idea of value of this card would be great thanks its fra-sm >>

I think Stone is right on.

I'd bet you could sell this RIGHT NOW on eBay and buy one back for half the price 6 to 12 months from now.

I'm glad to hear someone hear pulled a nice card. I've been disappointed in the results so far. I bought my four hobby boxes for only $225, pre ordered and paid before Christmas. I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't get $80 a box or more for my boxes and buy this stuff up later.

LOL, who am I kidding?? If I'm fortunate enough to get my boxes in Friday like I hope, I'll be ripping like a mad man.

I'd love to pull a nice card and pay for a good portion of my cost. I saw a Mantle black refractor go for $225 the other night!!! That's another one you'll be able to grab for less than $50 after the initial madness wears off. JMO of course.

shawn.

PACKMAN, best of luck with your boxes!!! Let us know what you get.
  • KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The UPS man delivered 4 cases today >>

• My case was waiting at the doorstep for me tonight...
  • I went through the first case. So far the collation is very good. I received the following:

(a) 96 SPs/variations

(b) Complete sets of Flashbacks and Then and Now with some doubles

(c) 12 different NAP (16 total)

(d) 28 different chromes

(e) 4 refractors

(f) Big cards: Mantle seat relic, Black Border (Langerhans), 4 Clubhouse Collections, Musial auto (blue ink) and Team Topps auto of Piersall.

Onto the second case.

packman, thats a huge first case congrats!

I feel sad that dealers have to try to cash in on this. I paid 62 bucks for my boxes, so I know that cost is less than that. 95 and 99
    is just dumb. If this is how you treat customers, then maybe thats the way they have none!

Anyone been monitoring ebay? Whats hot?

Kevin
  • GolfcollectorGolfcollector Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭
    Well guys since the buy sell trade board says to post here....here I go.

I am putting together a base set of 06 Heritage, no cases purchased for me....I spend too much on vintage golf. As I side note here are some golf grades of mine that were posted today.

1900 COPE BROS. & CO. 2 TOM MORRIS COPE'S GOLFERS PSA 5
    1927 WA&AC CHURCHMAN 7 R.T. JONES FAMOUS GOLFERS SER.OF 12 PSA 6
    1930 J.A. PATTREIOUEX 38 R.T. JONES CELEBRITIES IN SPORT PSA 7
    1900 COPE BROS. & CO. 15 A STYMIE COPE'S GOLFERS PSA 7
    1928 WA&AC CHURCHMAN 26 WALTER HAGEN MEN OF THE MOMENT-SMALL PSA 7

I need a bunch of SP's from the set as I have only opened 4 boxes. I have the following to trade as I am not putting together a master set..

New Age Performers
    Ichiro - (2)
    Carlos Lee
    Miquel Cabrerra

Then and Now
    Musial / Lee (2)
    Labine/Cordero (2)
    Schoendienst/ Lee

Flashback
    Frank Robinson
    Ford
    Richardson
    Mantle
    Musial
    Mazeroski

Chrome
    #69 Keith Foulke
    #5 Harridge Giles (2)
    #63 Ichiro
    #105 Anderson Hernandez
    #91 Armando Benitez

Chrome Refractor
    Vlad Guerrero #27
    Aaron Boone # 31

Clubhouse Collection
    David Wright Jersey
    Johan Santanta Jerseey

Real One Auto

Dusty Rhodes Blue Ink

I also have a 2001 heritage Chrome of Jason Giambi ( I found a blaster box of 7 packs at the local shop and snatched it up at the low price of 29.95!!!)

I will consider all trade offers for any and all of the above cards. I will take the best offer for trading my cards listed above for your extra Shortprints. I need most all of them, so let me know what you have in your PM offers.

Thanks and looking forward to a great trade experience!

Dave

Dave Johnson- Big Red Country-Nebraska
    Collector of Vintage Golf cards! Let me know what you might have.
  • KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My case was waiting at the doorstep for me tonight... >>

Get rip'n. Good luck. image
  • mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    Dave-

PM on the way.

<< <i>Dave-

PM on the way. >>

Soon as I saw that post, I knew Jeff'd be all over it!

After receiving an email from my case seller this morning, I called FedEx - confirmed delivery of my cases tomorrow.

Went by Wal Mart this morning and this afternoon. Also dropped by Target this afternoon. No Heritage yet.

Bummer...

Geordie

<< <i>All I can say is thank goodness I have another case headed my way from a different source!

I have that empty feeling you have when you fly home from Vegas. >>

Got to love the spirit of the card ripping addict !!! image

• The second case was not as good as the first case. No autos. I have been averaging 12 SPs, 1 Refractor and 3-4 Chromes per box. I also have been getting around 3-4 Game Used per case.

The third case was the best so far. The big cards are a Mantle bat card, blue ink auto and black refractor.

I have been impressed by the collation. So far I have put together 2 Master sets (with many extras). In addition, I have around 24 different refractors and 2/3 of the chrome set. I will open the 4th case tonight.

• Has anyone pulled a NON DIE- CUT Gordon RC yet from HERITAGE ?
    Whoever said we wash away with the rain ?
  • I forgot to look for Gordon. I will let you know when I put the base sets together this weekend. Several friends that have opened substantially more cases then me did not find a whole Gordon. Several have found die cuts. The die cuts do not appear to be that limited.