Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1975 Topps Baseball Collectors Thread

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That card is centered high for a 10.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Picked this up for my addiction lol

Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That looks like a strong 9 of Hernandez.image

I've got a few 75's at psa now for my registry set. They'll probably be mostly 8's which is fine. I'm going to slowly work on this set in PSA 7, 8, 9.
  • Options
    Looking for common hi pop PSA 9's from the 75 set that you would be willign to sell for under $7.50 per card dlvd. LMK if you have nay ot help me get going on this set. Only want NQ PSA 9 at this time.
  • Options
    I have been building a PSA 9 & 10 set for the last several years and I am down to the last 5 cards. Here is what I am missing (in hopes that someone out there is willing to part with one or more of these cards):

#90 - Rusty Staub
    #196 - 1958 MVP (Banks & Jensen)
    #343 - Danny Frisella
    #402 - Bob Tolan
    #481 - Will McEnaney

I am willing to pay top dollar (if necessary) for these cards as I would just like to finish off my set.

Please get in touch with me at bruceprimeau@gmail.com or respond to this thread if you are able to help.

Bruce
  • Options
    hi all
    looks like i am very late to the party here - anyone still active out there with 75's?
  • Options
    I for one am very active. I'm at about 75% done with the set and am totally addicted. I've got about 125 PSA 9 commons I'm looking to sell so if you're interested pm me.
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    I'm active with the HOFers, looking for PSA 9 upgrades to my HOF set.
  • Options
    PM sent Bigfan
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm building the set slowly but surely by subbing my raw cards. Whenever I get a low pop 10, I sell it to offset my grading fees.
  • Options
    Any opinions on the stability of low pop commons and semi stars these days? Is a boog Powell psa 9 a safe bet at 600?
  • Options
    I miss Stingray! 75s are hot
  • Options
    Anyone here get the Mike Phillips PSA 9 that ended last night?
  • Options
    Is this group still active at all? I currently need the following cards in PSA 9 or 10 to complete my set so if anyone is looking to make a killing off a desperate buyer please let me know. Thanks!

Missing 75's:

41 CESAR GERONIMO

46 PHILLIES TEAM DANNY OZARK, MGR.

77 RICHIE ZISK

103 RICK MILLER

192 1954-MVP'S YOGI BERRA/WILLIE MAYS

195 1957-MVP'S MICKEY MANTLE/HANK AARON

380 SAL BANDO

396 FRED NORMAN

410 MIKE CUELLER

471 BOB STINSON

660 HANK AARON
  • Options
    I just started this set last summer and have been picking up higher pop 9s for around $8 or less. Big Fan, do you still have extra 9s sitting around? I am going for 9s now and will settle for 8s of the low pop toughies and spendy star cards later on. Anyone with extra 9s for sale can send me a PM. I only have about 100 now so chances are good I can use them. Thanks, Jeff
    1959 Topps baseball registry (master and basic)
    1980 Topps baseball registry (master and basic x 3)
    1975 Topps baseball registry
  • Options
    schapkoschapko Posts: 341 ✭✭
    PM'd you punchymuffin.

I started my registry set in fall and was was wondering if there was a thread. I finally searched the forum last night for this and found it and subscribed to it. Low and behold in my email today I get a notification of a post after about six months of being dead. I too am looking for PSA 9 cards for my set. I have about 160 graded and another 300 or so that should be 8's or 9's waiting for a really good special or group sub. Please let me know if anybody has any PSA 9's to sell, including the big cards (aaron, yount, brett, ryan, etc). My set registry is named Scott's 75 Topps Set and is currently #82.

Scott
    Buying 75 Topps Reg. Size PSA 9
    1975 Topps Registry Set "Scott's 75 Topps Set"
  • Options
    PM replied, Smokie!
    1959 Topps baseball registry (master and basic)
    1980 Topps baseball registry (master and basic x 3)
    1975 Topps baseball registry
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone here interested in this group of 1975 Topps PSA 7's (all NQ of course)? $275 shipped takes the whole group. image

002 Lou Brock HL
    004 Al Kaline HL
    005 Nolan Ryan NL
    006 Mike Marshall HL
    007 Nolan Ryan HL
    020 Thruman Munson
    061 Dave Winfield
    070 Mike Schmidt
    080 Carlton Fisk
    185 Steve Carlton
    194 1956 MVPs (Mantle)
    195 1957 MVPs (Mantle/Aaron)
    200 1962 MVPs (Mantle)
    260 Johnny Bench
    280 Carl Yastrzemski
    300 Reggie Jackson
    312 Strikeout Leaders (Ryan/Carlton)
    370 Tom Seaver
    580 Frank Robinson
    600 Rod Carew
    616 Jim Rice RC
    620 Gary Carter RC
    622 Fred Lynn RC
    623 Keith Hernandez RC
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    Holy schnikes...the Jesus Alou 9 sold for $1,625 on the bay last night. I didn't stand a chance.
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Holy schnikes...the Jesus Alou 9 sold for $1,625 on the bay last night. I didn't stand a chance. >>

Two bidders both putting in "nobody in their right mind will bid over $1,600" snipes. It happens.
  • Options
    When you can buy an 8 for under $20, that price is insane.
  • Options
    SmokieSmokie Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    Yes it is especially when you can possible get a George Brett for that price in a 9. I have seen a 9 Ryan go for lower than that.
  • Options
    I'm the one who bought a Ryan for less than that card last year.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm the one who bought a Ryan for less than that card last year. >>

Congrats that was quite a coup. Seems like 75 9s have been en fuego of late.
  • Options
    It's nice to see some action in this forum again! : ) And it's good to see the interest in the high end heat up again as maybe some of the low pop cards from this set will start to show up more frequently.
  • Options
    Regarding the Jesus Alou card - $1,625 is an outrageous price for that card. Sometimes you wonder if bidding wars like that are legit. My suggestion is to keep track of that card to see if the same one goes back on sale as that may tell you something.

Rooster
  • Options
    Did anyone else see the two - 1975 Topps baseball cello boxes sell for +$2,800 each this week!! That's good to see. For a while, the cellos were selling for $50 - $70 apiece so nice to see some interest perking up in those. The packs will turn 40 years old next year - hard to believe as it seems like 1975 was just a few short years ago. Ah, those were the days!!
  • Options
    That Claudell Washington PSA 9 is a weak 9 if you ask me.

Rooster, the guy who got that Jesus Alou card is a very aggressive bidder, I've bid against him before he has a nice set but not on the PSA Registry
  • Options
    I hear ya Smokie - but it takes two to get the price that high and unless you have a limitless supply of $, why would you pay considerably more for a card than all previous sales. I'm just sayin.
  • Options
    my PSA 9 Alou is for sale for $1500!! I'm blowing it out cheap (ha).
    Collecting '52-'54 in PSA 7, '55 to '67 in PSA 8, '68 to '79 in PSA 9. See me on the set registry as GI's XXXX Set. Thx.
  • Options
    While the Alou price may seem high, I'll be Captain Obvious here and say different people apply vastly different values to the same cards depending on what their strategy is. So I have no problem with that sort of pricing. That said, I have several low pop '75 9s I'm happy to show out with a starting bid of $999.99. image
  • Options
    I agree with that Rooster. It seems like the more and more guys collecting this set they are willing to pay a lot more for these low POPS. Makes our sets worth more, IF we should decide to sell them. I can't imagine what that #16 card, Frank Tanana will cost me. Its the last card I need to complete my set in 9's and 10's. I might just keep my 8 if its too high. I haven't seen a 9 come up in over 4 years now. Very tough card to get in a 9.
  • Options
    I thought the same thing about the two cards I was missing Smokie and I got them both this year so hang in there, the Tanana card will show up. I'll certainly keep my eyes open for one for you and I would be several others will be looking to help as well.
  • Options
    I appreciate that Rooster
  • Options
    Anybody have a small lot of 1975 PSA 9's NQ to help a guy get started? The very common ones so I can start out economically and build as time goes on? Thanks!
  • Options
    dcaudle,

I thought you had a 1975 set?
  • Options
    Had the key word, expenses caused me to have to sell it, to a couple of posters on here actually. I'd like to slowly rebuild as time allows as I have a 4 year old son I would like to pass the hobby on to in few years.
  • Options
    It's a great day for me! I have officially completed my registry set! Once I enter in my last card I bought yesterday it will be #20 current finest. I know it won't hold up long as there are a couple guys behind me charging hard but for now I'm enjoying it. Still looking for a couple upgrades but that's it. Not bad since I started with no cards in October 2012.

Scott
  • Options
    Congrats Scott. Great accomplishment image
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options

<< <i>It's a great day for me! I have officially completed my registry set! Once I enter in my last card I bought yesterday it will be #20 current finest. I know it won't hold up long as there are a couple guys behind me charging hard but for now I'm enjoying it. Still looking for a couple upgrades but that's it. Not bad since I started with no cards in October 2012.

Scott >>

Congrats Scott! Quite an amazing accomplishment considering you did that in less than a year and a half. Way to go, bro!
  • Options
    Low pop 75s still seem to be in really high demand. A Danny Frisella 9 just sold for $1,525.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if the new Greg Bussineau set will be auctioned as a complete lot or broken down individually? I assume the set was posted in the registry to drive traffic to an auction.
  • Options
    I finished my set by purchasing the Frisella card in January for $1,300 - very difficult card for me to find as I had been searching for a PSA 9 for several years. Not thrilled to pay $1,300 but at least I can say the set is complete and my search for the missing cards is over.
  • Options

<< <i>I finished my set by purchasing the Frisella card in January for $1,300 - very difficult card for me to find as I had been searching for a PSA 9 for several years. Not thrilled to pay $1,300 but at least I can say the set is complete and my search for the missing cards is over. >>

I don't blame you one bit. Of course, the most expensive cards will always be the ones you need to complete a set.
  • Options

Congratulations Rooster. I'm still looking for the #16 card to have the set complete.
  • Options
    Sorry to change the topic, but are people having issues with registering cards on the set registry? It takes forever for the site to load and sometimes it just times out. It's getting worse as of late. I emailed the registry about it and they have no idea what I was talking about which in itself, seems baffling to me that they don't know what's going on. I read that others on a different thread were having the same issues a few weeks ago. I think PSA needs a server upgrade. Are others seeing this? If so please let me know (and PSA!).
    Collecting '52-'54 in PSA 7, '55 to '67 in PSA 8, '68 to '79 in PSA 9. See me on the set registry as GI's XXXX Set. Thx.
  • Options
    Hello all! I've recently started collecting the 75 Topps set in PSA 8 or better. I'm about 10% complete with all 8's and just a few 9's. I've read through this entire thread today and have loved it! A few quick questions for the 1975 experts:

1) What price should I expect to spend for the easier PSA 8s? It seems around $5 based on what I've seen.

2) What price should I expect to spend for the easier PSA 9s? Something like $8-10?

3) If I wanted to try and submit my own for grading, what is the most economical way to do that? It sounds like rack packs are the best, but based on the odds of hitting anything gradeable compared to the cost, is it better to just by singles that have already been graded?

Anything else I should know?

Thanks guys!
    Currently collecting:
    1975 Topps BB in PSA 8 or better
    1986 Fleer BK in PSA 9 or better
    1993-94 Topps Finest BK Refractors in PSA 9 or better
    1987 Topps BB in PSA 9 or better (don't laugh!)
    2010 Topps Allen & Ginter Master Set (minis, autos, relics, etc.)
  • Options
    As for myself, I've done it both ways and in my opinion its better to just buy them off e-bay. Its to expensive and disappointing when buying racks, which are the best ones to buy if your going in that direction. Good luck with your set, it one of the better ones to collect, a lot of good rookies and HOF's. And its by far my favorite set.......................
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone working on this set? Seems like it gets no love compared to the minis.
    I'm going to rejoin collectors club and submit some 75's. I have about 60-70 I want to get graded.

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find the devotion to minis curious. Having been issued only in a couple of parts of the country, most collectors do not have a lot of nostalgia for the set, so it must be something else that attracts them. The availability of affordable unopened product, maybe?