Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1975 Topps Baseball Collectors Thread

Comments

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the latest one I opened was probably the best. The first two compartments were great as far as centering, but the third compartment there were about 6-7 cards in a row badly off center. Several from that rack I'm going to send in for grading.

My dream is to find the first Yount or Stargell 10.image

I did pull a nicely centered Yount, sharp corners, but on the left upper side where the orange is, its splotchy, light orange mixed with darker orange. Would have a great shot at a 9 except for that.
  • Options
    I just picked up this beauty! Love those ChiSox Softball Uniforms! image

Scott
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
    3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up

My Sets
  • Options
    The number 3 set is hitting ebay. Some really nice cards in that set. Man those rack packs went for some big money last night. I was only off by $50.
  • Options
    Yeah, some of those semi-low pop PSA 9's in that number 3 set were going for big money last night. image

• Options
    Darin, I want to know if you pulled any nice cards from those racks you bought?
  • Options
    Pitt fan-I haven't opened any racks since I last posted about it. I want to get a collection of them to save. If I open any more it will be racks I find without any stars showing. I think the ones with stars showing are a good investment. Of the ones I opened I got a pretty nice Reggie Jackson, could be a 9 but probably an 8, a real nice Phil Neikro, a Paul Splittorf that could be a 9, I think its a pop 6 in 9. several more semi stars and commons that could be 9's. I got a really off center Aaron #660, a couple Bob Gibsons with corner dings, a Stargell that's probably an 8, a Yaz and a Seaver that's not worth grading. That's about it.

A couple questions for you. Is your John Morlan 9 pretty well centered and if so is it for sale? Let me know.
  • Options
    Darin, it is one tough card, the centering isn't perfect but its the best I've ever seen. I love the 75 set especially the Pirates, not sure I will ever sell them. If I do come across another I will let you know.

Ken
  • Options
    Pitt fan, the John Morlan along with Darrell Evans and Frank Tanana are my top three most wanted in PSA 9.

If you're looking for unopened, there's a GAI 9.5 wax pack on ebay that is at $123 with one day to go. If it ends at that price its an average of $12.30 per card. If a rack pack sold for that much per card, total price would be $516. That's why I think racks are a good investment. Of course that $123 is high, but BBCE sells ungraded wax packs for $90, which would be equivalent to $378 for a rack pack.

• Options
    If you guys rip some of those packs scan some pics please.
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    Here are some scans from mini set I purchased from BBCE.

I am not sure how to allow people to view my photobucket albums, but if you want i can send you an invite to view the scans?

Julen

ps: more scans to follow
    RIP GURU
  • Options

julen

ps: 1 more set to go
    RIP GURU
  • Options

overall set was in 99.5% MINT condition. the only bummers were a o/c yount and slightly o/c ryan, but otherwise truly beautiful, coloroful set.

Julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    Piman58Piman58 Posts: 814 ✭✭
    Very nice looking set Julen.

You can link to your photobucket album the same way you linked the URL for your registry set.
    PM me if you have any questions on how to do that.

Charles
  • Options
    Those are some nice looking mini's. They are tough to get centered.
  • Options
    I picked up 23 nice cards from the larryvan sale of the Jeffrey Beffrey set. Very happy with the ones I bought. Wish I had been keeping track of all the cards from the set, just to see how much it brought alltogether. Some of the low pop 9's were bringing tremendous prices.
  • Options
    There's been a huge jump in the PSA 9 population of the #340 Paul Splitorff card. Was a pop. 6 a couple weeks ago, now its a pop. 20, an increase of 14.

Hope it wasn't DSL that got all those 9's, because none of them will be centered decent.image
  • Options
    Also a big jump in the PSA 9 population of #438 Don Carrithers. Was a pop. 5, now a pop. 14, an increase of 9 in a few weeks.
  • Options
    mandeldmandeld Posts: 350 ✭✭
    I'm looking for really nice 8s in Carew and Yaz, centering is most important to me. Anyone have anything?

Thanks,
    Dan
    Successful transactions with: vintagetoppsguy, packman, barndog, Big80s, MurphDawg, BrackAttack, mealeworm, Publius, Whiteshoes, bigredone, rube26105, ledsters, reelinintheyears, digicat, themetalsign, OSClabs, 1420sports, bighurt2000, MeteoriteGuy, lsutigers1973, skier07, Machodoc, gameusedhoop, tennesseebanker, Downtown1974, CGeorge, Salinas, corvette1340, lbcoach20, initialD, IJustLoveCards, TedSimmonsFan, Goldlabels, Lothar52, bigred1, Bosox1976, itzagoner, svtPONY95
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    Looking for L.A. Dodgers in PSA 9. If anyone can help me...drop me a PM.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Can you scan in the Larry Haney mini, Julen?? That one is a toughy in the mini set. Curious on how yours is??
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭✭
    I guess with my new George Brett PSA 7 (gift), I guess now I can join this club? But I really REALLY want to get a raw NRMT/MT complete set someday (and I mean THE nicest one possible where the colors BLIND ya), perhaps for next Christmas?
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    kidzfundkidzfund Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
    Hey all - I am not real familiar with this set. I am getting ready to send in about 25 75's and a few have fisheyes and print dots. An earlier question was asked (early 2006) whether that affected the grading and the response was no. Do you think that has changed? Has grading tightened up on this set? By looking at the number of 9's and 10's (especially for Tony Perez - 23!) it doesn't look it. The corners are sharp and the borders are great - I would hate to get a lower grade or a PD qualifier.

Thanks for any feedback.

Joe
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    Greetings to all '75 collectors !

Im still looking to add to or upgrade my '75 Yankees collection. If anyone has anything they are looking to part with please let me know, thanks image
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    Joe, I have seen 10's with fish eyes on them. They just can stick out like a sore thumb.

Ken
  • Options
    kidzfundkidzfund Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Ken. I'll have to double-check the cards this weekend before I send them.

Joe
  • Options
    This set is still enormously popular judging from the bidding on ebay. Haven't seen any of the new Splittorf PSA 9's, which went from pop. 6 to 20, on ebay.

Anybody been looking at the pop reports? Wondering if any other cards which were tough in 9 have increased substantially like the Splittorf.
  • Options
    Might be DAcard world. They just put a run of Williams up on ebay in the last weeks.
  • Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    75 Collectors. Anyone interested in a nice 190 PSA 8 starter lot. Click the link below. Lot is loaded with Stars, HOF's and just about all the MVP and World Series cards

Thanks for looking

Mark
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    anyone have a nice NM to NM-MT raw set they could sell me?
    My sets:
    1977 Topps Star Wars - "Space Swashbucklers"
  • Options
    I took about 6 months off from building this set, I'm back and it looks like some strong bidding on ebay for low pop. 9's. The orioles card in PSA 9 is at $171! Wow, they're getting more expensive all the time. Also noticed 4 sharp corners has some ridiculously high starting bid prices on some of their cards. image
  • Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    4SC always does that. They might start a card off at $50 and if it doesn't sell they relist it at $30, then $20, $10, $6, etc.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options
    helionaut- I think 4SC took it to another level. They had a Jim Rice rookie in PSA 9 with a starting price of $499, and it wasn't a good looking 9 at all in my opinion. I didn't follow it to see if it sold, but that really seemed high.

• Options
    I'm looking for 1975 Topps #311 ERA leaders PSA 8 if someone has an extra to sell
  • Options
    Seeing how a Boog Powell PSA 9 brought $393, maybe I'll break out my 8 and send it in. image
    I remember it was my own submission, and thought it had a chance at a 9 when I sent it the first time.
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭✭
    Well, at long last I just bought myself a fully loaded near set of 1975 Topps in NRMT condition! Not only that but it's fully loaded with PSA 7's as well! I hope some of you veteran 1975 PSA collectors can help me out with the remaining eleven cards (I want to try to get as many as I can in one purchase and not have to buy 'em one at a time on Ebay) I need to finish up this set (also listed in my sig):

PSA 7 NQ:
    (this will ensure that all $15+ Beckett Alamanc value cards and all the HL cards are graded)
    Robin Yount RC
    Hank Aaron HL
    Mike Schmidt
    Gary Carter RC
    Dave Winfield
    Reggie Jackson
    Bob Gibson HL
    Fred Lynn RC
    Keith Hernandez RC

Raw NRMT+:
    Bob Gibson
    Willie Stargell
    Willie McCovey

Or is this thread only for those who want ALL the set graded? image
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    I have a couple spare PSA 8's #308 RBI Leaders Burroughs/Bench and #551 Larry Christenson if anyone is interested. $12 takes them both, delivered. 1st come, 1st served. Send me a PM if interested.
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    I am looking for the folllowing cards in PSA 8: #564 Davis, #600 Carew, and #625 Powell. Thanks!

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    I'm glad I found this thread!!! I love the '75 set. I have the whole set, but only have a couple graded. I had the Rose in PSA 9 and the #1 Aaron highlites PSA 6 but sold them both. image I still have both the Yount and Brett rookies in PSA 7, the #70 Schmidt PSA 8 and the #5 Ryan Highlites PSA 8. I'm looking to get some more in for grading and eventually get the Rose and Aaron back. I'll post on the registry once I have enough to justify it. Like I said, I really love this set, but man, the centering is pretty tough on this issue. At least judgeing by the set that I have. I'll be checking back here often!!! At least to finish reading all the posts.
    "I've never been able to properly explain myself in this climate" -Raul Duke

ebay i.d. clydecoolidge - Lots of vintage stars and HOFers, raw, condition fully disclosed.
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    It's nice to be rich. Last Sunday someone had an entire Red Sox 75 Topps set split up on eBay and I had all of them on my watch list - as I'd been wanting to do this set forever. So I bid over SMR on every one of them and lose EVERY one. I was like, WAT? (thanks AlmostPerfect)...then I'm looking at the registry for the team set today and Don Spence added every card that I lost to his 75 Topps set and 75 Red Sox team set. Sheesh, I'd love to be able to throw crazy bids on hundreds of items a month and not worry about it...ok vent over. If anyone has 75 Red Sox in PSA 9 (or 10 but I prolly can't afford that), I'd be interested. Thanks

Mike
  • Options
    ajetfanajetfan Posts: 229
    Hello all,

I noticed that there were a few in this thread that are looking for a nice, raw 1975 set, so here's a link to my partial high-grade 1975 Topps Baseball card set that is set to end Monday on ebay:

1975 Topps near set on ebay with high-res scans of EVERY card

I don't make it a habit of spamming these boards with my ebay items, but since some were asking in the thread, I figured it was OK. Thanks and good luck!

Robert (ajetfan)
  • Options
    BrinsdBrinsd Posts: 83 ✭✭
    Hey Mike I too have lost out on the bidding to Spence many times, sucks huh!
    For Sale Or Trade: Joe DiMaggio Signed PSA/DNA Authenticated First Edition/First Printing 1946 "Lucky To Be A Yankee" Book, Always Looking To Buy N.Y. Yankee & Thurman Munson Cards & Memorabilia, Lots Of Raw 1963 1964, 1965, 1968, 1969 Topps Baseball and 1963 Raw & Graded Fleer Baseball
  • Options
    Started collecting this set when putting the checklists in spokes was cool. Quit collecting magically once car keys were placed in my hands and haven't touched them since; well, about 2 months ago. PSA/SGC/Insert Grader here is all new. Since I have hundreds and hundreds of these cards I figured to get them graded and see how I do. Especially with the mad prices of commons these days. First 100 1975 submissions only ten PSA 8s. Guess I have a lot to learn about grading.

Learning a lot, happy to finally be a board member (seems registrations take a while). Learned about Mr. Spencer on several auctions now as well. I guess it's the whole patience thing I need to work on. Figured since I've been working on this set for so long I'd try to finish it up strong... figured it would be cheaper than 1953s... maybe I was wrong. image

Anyway happy to be talking card collecting again. Even if I become more of a board lurker than poster. Happy to have kicked off the 30 Year Endeavor.

Regardless and sorry for resurrecting an old thread but figured I'd say hello to an fellow 75ers out there --- since it seems there's an awful lot of you out there!
  • Options
    Last night alone -- Spence 3, Jaco 0.

least he's getting close to completing his set. image
  • Options
    Very deep pockets and has some of the best cards around.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Last night alone -- Spence 3, Jaco 0.

least he's getting close to completing his set. image >>

It is like bidding against Imayer, good luck!!
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody have an extra #660 Aaron in PSA 8 for sale or trade? Also need a #659 in raw NM/MT. Thanks.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    So I didn't bid on that rash of recent 10s... spence won them all. Does that still count as losing?

• Options
    Hello! I am new to collecting and am trying to go after Lou Piniella cards graded 9 or 10. I was wondering how much I should expect to pay for a 1975 Topps (or mini) Lou Piniella PSA 9? It seems this is a fairly sought after set and I know Yankees players usually have a higher demand than others. I subscribed to the PSA pop report and it says there are 27 9's in the base set and 15 9's from the mini set. Does this make it a low pop card? Also, other than Ebay are there any other sites that I might want to check on a regular basis for graded Piniellas to pop up? Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance!
  • Options
    MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    Piniella could probably be described as low mid pop in both sets. Neither rare, nor common. Average sales price of the regular in a psa 9 is 33.44 and the mini is 34.00. In my experience, he has generally sold at a mild premium to a common of similar pop.
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    Thank you for the reply. That's actually not too bad when I'm just looking for that 1 card in the set. I dont see how you guys can pay $30+ a card for 500+ card sets that's crazy!